• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this is already known or meant to be in brawl-, but I thought I might mention it since it looks like a glitch (reminds me of the melee glitch where you shield a PK flash filled bucket to send game&watch flying). When Ganon lands a wizard's punch or w/e it's called on a shield, he breaks the shield, but he also goes flying sideways to his death... If this is on his change list and on purpose, I apologize. I'll admit I only looked at the change list for the characters on the first page... are the other character specific changes posted? If possible it'd be cool to see them on the first page, but where are they for now? Anyways, I played mostly Brawl+ before and just recently have been trying Brawl-... it's pretty amazing, not gonna lie. I'll be playing it quite a bit so hopefully I'll be able to give some balancing advice in time, but it's too soon to tell as of yet. My only thing is, with Sheik turning invisible... the gamertag still shows... maybe that should be changed? I guess the main advantage is you can't see what she's doing anyways, just wondering if that was done on purpose or if it's just kinda how it turned out. Oh, and who ever came up with how Zelda was changed, I love you. The same goes for whoever designed or came up with Toon Link's projectiles. Really, everything is amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcfH5Fzp5PM

And Sheik has to be visible in some way, or it would be the biggest stall ever. I have state delsewhere that I don't like the solution of having P1 above her when she's invisible though, small dust-clouds would be cooler, or lights from her eyes :3

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
OK, thanks, this worked. So i guess there's a code for the new CSS to select the bottom chars thas hasnt already been ported to PAL?
Yup.

Sorry if this is already known or meant to be in brawl-, but I thought I might mention it since it looks like a glitch (reminds me of the melee glitch where you shield a PK flash filled bucket to send game&watch flying). When Ganon lands a wizard's punch or w/e it's called on a shield, he breaks the shield, but he also goes flying sideways to his death... If this is on his change list and on purpose, I apologize.
Changelists are really on a standstill right now, we're trying to get another release together because this one was super rushed and glitchy (in places where we didn't want it to be LOL).

But yeah the whole warlock punch thing is...sorta on purpose. It's a side effect of the humongous power and damage. An epic and unfixable side effect, but a side effect nonetheless.

My only thing is, with Sheik turning invisible... the gamertag still shows... maybe that should be changed? I guess the main advantage is you can't see what she's doing anyways, just wondering if that was done on purpose or if it's just kinda how it turned out.
Without the nametag she can play scared little 2 year old ninja and camp you hard. It wouldn't be fair lol.

Oh, and who ever came up with how Zelda was changed, I love you.
Budget Player Cadet_ :]

The same goes for whoever designed or came up with Toon Link's projectiles.
Meeee~ :]

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
The WORST, though, is when they reflect your Boomerang back at you - because it is coded to go towards you (or something), it'll hit you and you'll get pulled with it. However, it doesn't stop because it hits you, it just keeps going for a looong while. The odds of you dying to the side of the map if you get hit are very high.

It's not worst as in it is the worst feature of the game, it's just really saddens me when it happens and I get hit. :(

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
I have tbh, when I first saw the name "Brawl in Minus" sticked I thought to myself this sounds stupid.

**** I was wrong, too ******. Its like Blazblue in brawl form. Only way I can describe it.

Thanks to Kirk for giving that Ike love in here

link2702

Smash Champion
i've seen a few vids of B-, actually looks crazy enough fro even me to try, i do have one thing i'd like to suggest, its mearly a cosmetic change though(least i'd figure it'd be..)

in the few B- vids i have seen of mario, each one he has a multihit fire jump punch...

the fire jump punch is kinda luigi's trademark in smash, I'm not saying change the power of it or anything, but how about making it stay as coins, and (since the vids i saw had mario do 2 super jumps in succesion before going into freefall mode) how about instead, if he lands AL the hits from both the jumps, the final one, does not make a coin sound, or give a coin image, but rather, It does the classic 1-up sound from the mario bros games, and (if possible) show a tiny little "1-up" for mario on the final hit....

again, nothing more then cosmetic, but still, i think it'd be a nice little neat touch to add.

EDIT: btw, i am curious, why did you mess with pits arrows fired straight UP into the air? i am guessing it was to try to give pit some neat little arrow setups, but tbh, i really can't see it being much more useful, it seems like what arrow looping is in normal brawl, could be used occasionally for some neat stuff, but ultimately too difficult to use practicly in most situations.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
btw, i am curious, why did you mess with pits arrows fired straight UP into the air? i am guessing it was to try to give pit some neat little arrow setups, but tbh, i really can't see it being much more useful, it seems like what arrow looping is in normal brawl, could be used occasionally for some neat stuff, but ultimately too difficult to use practicly in most situations.
Finally, a fellow Pit main. (: The up arrows were made slow by Kirk because they are made to break combos. ie. if you are being grabbed and have a slow arrow out, make it hit the person who grabbed you, it will release you immediately. Trust me, in the next version of Pit that will be released, the arrows will be even better. Although, I have not changed the up arrow because everyone (the devs) that I talk to say to leave it in because it's 'epic'. :/

NNID
Budget_Player
i've seen a few vids of B-, actually looks crazy enough fro even me to try, i do have one thing i'd like to suggest, its mearly a cosmetic change though(least i'd figure it'd be..)

in the few B- vids i have seen of mario, each one he has a multihit fire jump punch...

the fire jump punch is kinda luigi's trademark in smash, I'm not saying change the power of it or anything, but how about making it stay as coins, and (since the vids i saw had mario do 2 super jumps in succesion before going into freefall mode) how about instead, if he lands AL the hits from both the jumps, the final one, does not make a coin sound, or give a coin image, but rather, It does the classic 1-up sound from the mario bros games, and (if possible) show a tiny little "1-up" for mario on the final hit....

again, nothing more then cosmetic, but still, i think it'd be a nice little neat touch to add.
The fire has been removed from mario's upB. Check out the latest version.

EDIT: btw, i am curious, why did you mess with pits arrows fired straight UP into the air? i am guessing it was to try to give pit some neat little arrow setups, but tbh, i really can't see it being much more useful, it seems like what arrow looping is in normal brawl, could be used occasionally for some neat stuff, but ultimately too difficult to use practicly in most situations.
It's hard to use, but you can pull off sick frame traps with it.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Friendly Fire OFF means no harm between friends, if this' the case, then what's its new meaning? It's not like Ike's Fsmash is so special it needs to be the only one being able to hit everyone, this should be reconsidered. =/
Quoted for truth.

Derressh

Smash Cadet
Hey, just installed Brawl- and having a BLAST so far. One question though, what's up with Pika's vB Thunder? It only hits once per match, then any other time I try and use it, people can just walk right through T1 and T2 like it's not even there. Is this intentional? O.o And if so, what made you decide to do that?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Played Brawl - for the first time today. I really enjoy it a lot. I haven't had the chance to sit down and try it out and test on my own Wii, so I'll have to wait on my critiques. While very good, it seems like its a long shot before its finished and polished, but it's a great project.

Questions. How do you get G&W's Nair to use the fishbowl as opposed to the parachute? I couldn't figure out how to use one over the other.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Not really. Just press the button and let go fast for the fishbowl (kinda like trying to short hop), and hold the button for the parachute.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
Hey, just installed Brawl- and having a BLAST so far. One question though, what's up with Pika's vB Thunder? It only hits once per match, then any other time I try and use it, people can just walk right through T1 and T2 like it's not even there. Is this intentional? O.o And if so, what made you decide to do that?
I just encountered this as well. Just yesterday or the day before, Thunder was working properly and able to hit every time, not just the first time. The only thing I've done since then is add in some texture swaps, so I have no idea what could be causing the issue. What happens is that Thunder is able to hit each player on the field once, but after that has no effect on them at all (this became extremely infuriating to my friend who enjoys a b-air to Thunder 'combo' that we've dubbed the Thundercopter). At first we thought the problem was caused by trying to reflect Thunder, but we tested some more and the problem occurred regardless of who Pikachu was fighting (or how many of them there were).

The interesting thing was that when we tested it with two Pikachus in the game, the problem came up when it was just one Pikachu using Thunder but when the other Pikachu started using Thunder the problem vanished completely, and Thunder started hitting everybody all the time again for both Pikachus. Thunder continued to work properly even after we quit out of that game and started a new one with just one Pikachu. Still have no idea why the problem happened or why having two Pikachus using Thunder apparently fixes it, but it did get fixed, at least for now.

On a side note, I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you guys have put into Brawl-. I had started getting pretty bored with vBrawl, but Brawl- is just the perfect combination of ridiculous and awesome for me to get back into the game and really start having fun again. Thanks again, I can't wait to see where you guys go with this =)

Derressh

Smash Cadet
Okay, just booted B- back up this morning and the Thunder glitch seems to have vanished...for now. Hoping it doesn't happen all too often cause my gf mains Pika in reg Brawl, and I'm sure she'll want to play him in B-.

Also, another question: Did you guys make Oli- lighter to go with his smaller body? Because it seems like I'm dying a lot earlier with Oli- than I was with Oli. Or is it just that characters have better kill moves? .-.

NNID
Budget_Player
I don't get that glitch. Also, Oli is indeed lighter.

Friendly Fire OFF means no harm between friends, if this' the case, then what's its new meaning? It's not like Ike's Fsmash is so special it needs to be the only one being able to hit everyone, this should be reconsidered. =/
I dunno why this was done. I wouldn't care either way; FF Off is scrubby team play. :V

Derressh

Smash Cadet
Thought so, figured that would have made sense.

Oh, and for downloading character textures to B- (anyone who's done this can reply), do you have to do anything special? I tried downloading my first texture and all it ended up doing was changing the default settings, deleting some characters, and keeping me from selecting others. I followed this guide as closely as possible. However, I didn't make a new directory for the characters as the files for B- already had them. I just put the texture files in with the character file. Is the GCT file the same for regular Brawl and B-? Or am I just really stupid?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm new to the whole hacking thing. :urg:

EDIT: nevermind. Found out I was being really stupid.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I have finally got my new computer in place, later today I'll install it and then I'll convert the game to PAL, make a good .gct and have a version for both HB launch and Riivolution launch!

NNID
Budget_Player
Thought so, figured that would have made sense.

Oh, and for downloading character textures to B- (anyone who's done this can reply), do you have to do anything special? I tried downloading my first texture and all it ended up doing was changing the default settings, deleting some characters, and keeping me from selecting others. I followed this guide as closely as possible. However, I didn't make a new directory for the characters as the files for B- already had them. I just put the texture files in with the character file. Is the GCT file the same for regular Brawl and B-? Or am I just really stupid?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm new to the whole hacking thing. :urg:
Which texture, where'd you get it? If it's in (stuff between root and pf)/pf/fighter/(char) like the .pac file, then that's fine...

Derressh

Smash Cadet
Which texture, where'd you get it? If it's in (stuff between root and pf)/pf/fighter/(char) like the .pac file, then that's fine...
Ignore my stupidity. Found out it was the Brawl GCT file I was trying to get to work with the B- one when I didn't need to. Seems like they were clashing. Fixed it though, and downloaded my first character texture. Yay me. :)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Uh, no. You replace the old with the new ;).

And comboking we still don't know what's causing it...

Derressh

Smash Cadet
Sheikirby is pimp. o.o

But why can he stay invisible no matter what he does (excluding B and vB) when Sheik gets kicked out by half of her moveset? D:

He can even taunt to get rid of his hat and still stay invisible. Which gives him access to his inhale/another hat B attack that doesn't kick him out. ._.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Sheikirby is pimp. o.o

But why can he stay invisible no matter what he does (excluding B and vB) when Sheik gets kicked out by half of her moveset? D:

He can even taunt to get rid of his hat and still stay invisible. Which gives him access to his inhale/another hat B attack that doesn't kick him out. ._.
It's a technical limitation...

I like that response better, would you mind if I ask for a place to report this? Some people like playing with FF OFF as well, so as a Project having so many followers , it should give the basics properly.
Lol, calm down, he's just kidding.

Why are you fsmashing your partner anyways, have some mercy :mad:

(I don't see why it's a big deal but I can revert it I guess)

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
It's a big deal because noone expects to be hit and killed by your partner when FF is off. That is the only reason that I don't use Ike in team battles when FF is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom