• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You cannot turn off your controller by clicking your name because of the CSS Fix code. Until Phantom Wings creates a fix for it, you will either have to suck it up and deal with it or remove the CSS codes and stick with a vBrawl CSS.

I'm also kind of tired of seeing this "bug" reported here often. Either read the thread a bit more or put this message in the OP please.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Most combo videos hardly ever rely on "true" combos, if that's all they were, they would never be as entertaining as they have been (see: Silent Spectre's CF combo videos for instance). Ever since vBrawl came out, people have this mind set that if it doesn't register in Training Mode as a combo, then it's not a combo or that if it's not proven to connect perfectly (like DK's Dtilt (trip) > Down B) it's not a true combo.

Combo videos are based on someone who is good at reading their opponent's DI, good tech readings, or the other player is simply making bad choices and the main person being focused on for the combo is taking advantage of them.
Just think of it as a shooter montage or something.

Yeah, its entertaining that you shot that X amount of people in the head.

but were they doing anything against it?

Most brawl, brawl+ and brawl- have this ******** amount of stupidity being made by the opponent :

1. Omg let's jump back immediately on stage even though my opponent is coming right at me.

2. omg let me not tech because I'm bad even if teching is super easy

3. omg let me DI toward my opponent all the time because I know he won't hit me ag-- ****it.

It's not just about 'combos that shouldn't combo', its just dumb.

techchasing is still a rarity in brawl videos and excuse me, but except for Snake ones I dont see any of them in any video.

I like seeing stuff that would never work. Hell, TACVs are some of the more entertaining stuff out there, but it has to be entertaining, not just dumb and pretty to look at.

Some of them are not so bad, of course, but I haven't seen one of them without the dumbness. I think the best idea that someone could make is a video just of stupidity from b+ and b- (because normal brawl stupidity is in every match anyway).

just my opinion on this.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
techchasing is rare in brawl videos because there's hardly ever a reason you're forced to tech in brawl...you can airdodge before you hit the ground 99% of the time

Revven

FrankerZ
Not to mention Brawl tech speeds are awful and leaves little belief that teching is a safe option, on top of the fact that the way the timing works is ******** (lolol measured by how close you are to the ground, oh Skrai how you make me laugh).

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
akuma is a moron ignore him.

he really has no clue what he's talking about.

sorry for being an *** about it but it true.

edit: and the page number wasnt there when I asked.
What's with you, got a problem with an opinion?

Narrow minded ***** like you need to keep to themselves.

On topic:

Does Falco have melee styled SHL or is my timing just off?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Falco still has SHDL lol.

an interesting aspect of B- that ive noticed is how well it stays true to certain characters styles outside of smash (Samus ice missiles, DK's barrel toss, luigi's general clumsiness).

while 'breaking' brawl is still the primary focus, i find this 'true to the character' approach to be a very interesting selling point as well.
Yessum. That's something we've try to incorporate wherever possible. Other examples are PK Freeze not actually freezing, 'flying pikachu' (bair), super armor whenever squirtle's in his shell [if that counts] (withdraw), Randomized PK flash, among others.

Chrisu

Smash Cadet
Hey there!

Just installed Brawl-, and it's awesome. The character select menu really kicks *** even in the PAL version! :D
But there are some problems for example i cant select the bottom 2 rows of characters (thats probably because there are no chars to select in normal brawl). Is that a known bug in the PAL version?
(sorry i didnt read all 62 pages :/)

Anyways, really nice work guys ;)

EDIT: oops i just read you shouldnt ask for support here...sorry just forget it ^^ (unless you really want to help me xD)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Holy crap, why does no one ever talk about Squirtle and how he dominates the field all by himself?

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Please put Walter White as a playable character ASAP.

The fate of the world pretty much depends on King DDD and Gannon getting their meth.

Hozu

Smash Journeyman
Actually, if you look fairly far down in those comments I ported the glow over to B- (and accidentally made a really strong glow). The problem is, it causes desynchs for some reason, even though I only modified only the GFX part of his moves. But yes, I'd love it if that sword glow was in the official Link B- .pac.

Edit: Better yet, here are the links:

D/L removed because it's an older version

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Okay I have an odd issue. It may just be me (probably is) but minus does not like sleepy hat Jigglypuff (green hat) I took off both my stage and character textures and tried around 10 stages. I always get a beep freeze as soon as I pick the stage.

While this problem is simply averted by not using that jiggz I wonder does this happen to anyone else?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Finished the changelist for Pit. The version of Pit that I made the changelist for is in the next release.

Code:
Pit

Wings of Icarus = upB
Angel Ring = sideB
Mirror Shield = downB
FSM = Frame Speed Modifier

Major changes

Can do WoI again after being hit
SideB can be cancelled with shield, which can lead to a 

shield grab
Arrows have tighter control
Side arrows are a bit slower but allows for extreme arrow 
Up arrows are very slow and are very good for breaking combos

Misc

Heavy Landing has wind that pushes away

Attributes

Nair Landing Lag 30 -> 12
Fair Landing Lag 15 -> 10
Bair Landing Lag 15 -> 13
Uair Landing Lag 30 -> 15
Dair Landing Lag 30 -> 20

Gliding

Glide Start Asynch Timer 5 -> 2.5
Glide Attack dmg 12 -> 15

Neutral Attacks

Jab dmg 3 -> 4
Jab3 Sends opponent backwards, sets up for combo
Rapid Jab OC 2, dmg 1 -> 2
Dash Attack dmg 9 -> A/C -> D/B -> C/B -> C, hitbox 1 dir 50 -> A

Tilts

Ftilt 2x faster until hitboxes are out, dir 169 -> 14
Utilt first hitbox loops 3 times, second hitboxes dmg 6 
-> 4, third hitboxes dmg 7 -> 8
Dtilt dir 50 -> 118

Smashes

Fsmash FSM 1.24, Frame 24 FSM 1
Usmash dmg 3 -> 6, dmg 2 -> 7, Second hitboxes, size 5 -> 6.2/5 -> 6.2, Third hitboxes size 4 -> 5/5 -> 6/5 -> 6
Dsmash Hitbox 3 dmg C -> B, second hitboxes dmg A -> B/A -> B/9 -> A/8 -> 9, dir 4B -> 2D/4B -> 10e

Aerials

Nair dmg 1 -> 2, SDIMultiplier 1.4 -> 0.9
Fair dmg E -> D/F -> E, dir 169 -> 14
Bair second hit dmg 7 -> 8
Uair first hit SDIMultiplier 1.3 -> 1.1
Dair Hitbox 1 dmg C -> D, dir 50 -> 118, size 6 -> 6.5
Uair Landing Asynch 2, OC dmg 2

Grabs

Grab size 4 -> 5, X offset 9 -> 13
Running grab size 4, x offset 9 -> 12
Pummel every 15 frames -> 8 frames

Throws

BThrow dir 2D -> 14
FThrow Throw collisions KBG 96 -> 78, dmg 4 -> 8, SOC dmg 

6 -> 4
UThrow dir 5A -> 5F, KBG 48 -> 64
DThrow dmg 2 -> 6

Specials

Arrow dir 3C -> 169, control radius 4 -> 20, Side arrow speed 8 -> 6, Up arrow speed 8 -> 1
Angel Ring start has small suction and 0.5 horizontal momentum
Angel Ring Hold has iasa for shield, ShldDmg 0 -> F/5 -> 28, dir 19 -> 16D/46 -> 6D/19 -> 16D/12C -> F, KBG 3E -> 0/28 -> 0/64 -> 0, BKB 0 -> 32/0 -> 32, Hitlag Multiplier 1 -> 0.7, SDIMultiplier 1.5 -> 0.9/1.5 -> 0.8 Angel Ring End ShldDmg 0 -> 32, BKB F -> 0
Grounded Wings of Icarus FSM 1.5, Aura sweetspot(matches 
blue color wings get) dmg 7, dir 5A, KBG 3E, BKB 64, size 7.5, Trip Rate 25%, Hitlag Multiplier 1.5, SDIMultiplier 1, Wind BKB 0 -> 1E, size 23 -> 34, Trip Rate 50%
Aerial Wings of Icarus same as grounded but sweetspot dmg is 5
Mirror Shield has super armor as soon as animation starts and reflects attacks and projectiles at all times

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey there!

Just installed Brawl-, and it's awesome. The character select menu really kicks *** even in the PAL version! :D
But there are some problems for example i cant select the bottom 2 rows of characters (thats probably because there are no chars to select in normal brawl). Is that a known bug in the PAL version?
(sorry i didnt read all 62 pages :/)

Anyways, really nice work guys ;)

EDIT: oops i just read you shouldnt ask for support here...sorry just forget it ^^ (unless you really want to help me xD)
Remove the file sc_selcharacter.pac from your SD card (should be in pf/menu2).

Okay I have an odd issue. It may just be me (probably is) but minus does not like sleepy hat Jigglypuff (green hat) I took off both my stage and character textures and tried around 10 stages. I always get a beep freeze as soon as I pick the stage.

While this problem is simply averted by not using that jiggz I wonder does this happen to anyone else?
Jiggs green hat crashes on every texture. :(

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Here's a change of pace from the usual ROB/Bowser/MK talk that goes on here, is it just me, or is the 3rd hit of Marth's Dancing Blade (the Down green slash) kinda ridiculous. It can be canceled instantly pretty much, spikes, will usually pop the opponent a small way into the air after it (since usually they'll be considered grounded). Ive been able to chain 9 dancing blade blows because of it, and unless its a spike into the ground hit, basically anything is guranteed after it, and even then, they'd have to tech it to be perfectly safe. Its such a hidden gem of a move, its amazing how versatile it is in creating ground combos and starting air ones, as well as just using a string of 2 Dancing Blade's to spike them off the edge

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I have a question.

What happened to Lucario's kill moves? I mean, is there a kill move I'm missing? Yeah I can combo off stage and maybe get a gimp or a spike, but otherwise if I can't land the spike and the opponent doesn't get gimped, I've had people live to like 200% before I land an aura sphere, way too many times.

Why was Fsmash changed to be multihit? It's annoying more than anything, as it seems like it's never hitting with the full thing if people SDI it, making it like useless.

I mean if you wanted to make it feel different from in vBrawl, maybe you could make it jump cancellable after the hitbox comes out to make his zoning game better (but keep it single hit), or increase its damage (but keep it single hit), or add a little more IASA to it (but keep it single hit), or speed up its startup a little bit (but keep it single hit).

It's just annoying being multihit, honestly.

Wolfric

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GoodLuckTrying
Ike hits with Foward Smash his team mates when playing with Friendly Fire OFF.

Ganondorf dies if he hits someone with his Neutral B while shielding.

I don't understand Sheik at all, he's slow at a time then x2 randomly?xD

So far these are the only ones me and my friends noticed, other than these, I'm expecting this Project to be the best one, is the only one we've actually enjoyed plenty!

NNID
Budget_Player
I have a question.

What happened to Lucario's kill moves? I mean, is there a kill move I'm missing? Yeah I can combo off stage and maybe get a gimp or a spike, but otherwise if I can't land the spike and the opponent doesn't get gimped, I've had people live to like 200% before I land an aura sphere, way too many times.

Why was Fsmash changed to be multihit? It's annoying more than anything, as it seems like it's never hitting with the full thing if people SDI it, making it like useless.

I mean if you wanted to make it feel different from in vBrawl, maybe you could make it jump cancellable after the hitbox comes out to make his zoning game better (but keep it single hit), or increase its damage (but keep it single hit), or add a little more IASA to it (but keep it single hit), or speed up its startup a little bit (but keep it single hit).

It's just annoying being multihit, honestly.
Oh trust me, I feel you. I've mentioned many times that yeah, lucario has NO KILL MOVES. TSON sez to try uair.

Ike hits with Foward Smash his team mates when playing with Friendly Fire OFF.
On purpose, to piss people off who spam ike fsmash without friendly fire .

Ganondorf dies if he hits someone with his Neutral B while shielding.
Can't do much about it. Roll/Dodge right after connecting and you'll live.

I don't understand Sheik at all, he's slow at a time then x2 randomly?xD
Sheik is faster when invisible. Also, she.

So far these are the only ones me and my friends noticed, other than these, I'm expecting this Project to be the best one, is the only one we've actually enjoyed plenty!
Brawl-2gud

Got the MK changelist up.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
@Budget: Thanks, I thought it was just me.

I know that all the chagelist are happening but could Pikachu or Lucario get bumped up for next release? *eye sparkle*

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Jiggs green hat crashes on every texture.
Wrongomundo little buddy. Jiggs green hat texture only crashes if you attempt to replace it with a texture that didn't already use the green sleep cap as the base. RandomTBush's mine cap Jiggs and Bill's hat Jiggs both work on it as well as several others.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
^ I dont have any textures on it at all and it crashes.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Yes thats strange I had everything off last night and it froze on me and now it didnt...

I apologize, my error. Thank you ♥

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Ok, time to make my input post about B-, since I've finally gotten a nice chance to play it!

WELL. The first thing I must say is I love where it's going; I haven't been disappointed with any character in terms of playing with them. There are some that stand out, for example:

-Bowser and his beastly SuperArmor, which got my cousin a Cruel Brawl record of 9, but still needs a bit of an edge movewise. Maybe fireballs? Or double claw (Koopa claw or grab depending on button action?)
-Fox, who FEELS LIKE I'M ACTUALLY PLAYING MELEE, we're all in love with the side b that anything can cancel while preserving momentum!
-Toon Link, dat boomerang
-Yoshi, with his crazy egg moves that make him hard to approach and harder to run away from
-Gorfgan

However, some characters seem lacking, like Charizard. He needs that thing he did in the Gold/Silver opening, though I'm really looking forward to stealth rock.

Then there are characters who are near their perfect balance, but need a bit more; perhaps something to make them a bit more ridiculous. Like Game and Watch. I didn't really feel much going on there.

Lastly, I think thak Pikachu's a tad broken. Feels really unapproachable playing against, but I'm liking the mobility. And ROB has dumb lazers! (But that last one's only cause I lost.)

I think everything's going on the right track.

D

Deleted member

Idk if this had already been suggested, but you could give Link the ability to randomly pull out bomb items much like turnips. Motion Sensor, Bob-omb, Smart Bomb, Gooey Bomb could come out less often with adjusted percents for each according to balance.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
There is a slight difference, shes pulling anything out of the ground she can find, however, I dont think they have Smart Bombs or Motion Sensor Bombs in Hyrule, and I dont think Link would ever have enough Rupees too buy them =p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
^ Exactly. :p Awesome idea of having Deku Nuts btw.

So far I'm loving everything I've seen about Brawl-. Honestly, this is how the game should've been made! Captain Falcon seems really broken though, but I love how you put his voice behind some of his moves. Screaming YES after a succesful knee attack is pure awesomeness! (:

I have some suggestions for some other characters though. If your all making characters more true to their own games, why are Samus' Screw Attack and Ike's Aether still the same as in regular Brawl? Both should be far more powerful moves.

You could like, make the last hit of Aether real strong, or make Ike heal some damage from it. And Samus' Screw Attack could work much like the Falcon Kick no (as in, trapping the enemy in the attack and doing some great damage). And could Samus perhaps rapid fire her missiles? Or make them faster in general, cause the game play seems faster as well.

I had another idea with Link and Ganondorf and their sword sheat taunts. Link's sword sheat for example could be used to turn it into the Mortal Draw attack from Twilight Princess, and give it some huge *** knock back. Could be a move similar in usage as Ganon's Utilt, a convience only move if a enemy shatters his shield or something. Ganon's sword taunt could be used to actually make him use the sword maybe? Would this be too much work? As you could also just use the Beam Sword Ganondorf moveset for it right? Would be real awesome though, switching between sword-Ganon and regular Ganon.

Anyways like I said before keep up the work!

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
I had another idea with Link and sword sheat taunt. Link's sword sheat for example could be used to turn it into the Mortal Draw attack from Twilight Princess, and give it some huge *** knock back.
That sounds really awesome.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Like Game and Watch. I didn't really feel much going on there.
Well, he's got the melee nuetral air, faster fair, that wierd down angled forward smash, and the first hit of Side B is always a 9(I think). Plus the lower judgement numbers seem to do something. I got impaled by one of them once.

And I agree with the Charizard fireball idea!

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this is already known or meant to be in brawl-, but I thought I might mention it since it looks like a glitch (reminds me of the melee glitch where you shield a PK flash filled bucket to send game&watch flying). When Ganon lands a wizard's punch or w/e it's called on a shield, he breaks the shield, but he also goes flying sideways to his death... If this is on his change list and on purpose, I apologize. I'll admit I only looked at the change list for the characters on the first page... are the other character specific changes posted? If possible it'd be cool to see them on the first page, but where are they for now? Anyways, I played mostly Brawl+ before and just recently have been trying Brawl-... it's pretty amazing, not gonna lie. I'll be playing it quite a bit so hopefully I'll be able to give some balancing advice in time, but it's too soon to tell as of yet. My only thing is, with Sheik turning invisible... the gamertag still shows... maybe that should be changed? I guess the main advantage is you can't see what she's doing anyways, just wondering if that was done on purpose or if it's just kinda how it turned out. Oh, and who ever came up with how Zelda was changed, I love you. The same goes for whoever designed or came up with Toon Link's projectiles. Really, everything is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom