• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle

Smash Master
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

Also super fast approaches and can move around the stage ridiculously fast if you correctly use the dair. Fair gimps, bair gimps, lazer gimps, more gimps than YOUR BODY HAS ROOM FOR

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Well no **** because Brawl+ uses the Frame Speed Modifier which speeds up Ganon's jab which since is ALREADY sped up in his .pac for B-... which means it's so fast (likely) it has no hitbox.

Get the actual B- code set.
I CAN'T because the txt file won't load for the code manager, and I can't use the gct file provided because it doesn't work with Riivolution

I just need someone to make the txt file work with the code manager because no matter what I do, when I open that txt file in the code manager it just says it's empty

theunabletable

Smash Lord
rob just runs away with side b (with cancel)
To where? Off stage? Going off stage against MK-? Lmao

And if it's the middle of the stage, that just resets the situation. MK can stay grounded and just SDI > tech the laser (and no, this isn't hard to do. I'm bad and I can do it) and maybe even punish
then he nairs you and you lose your stock.
Grounded shuttle loop.
or hell just nair right away. ****ing nair.
Grounded shuttle loop, and now you're in a disadvantaged position against MK and he can cancel > FAir you off the stage.
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
And that stops you how? Tech it and roll towards ROB. his laser is laggy as ****, so he can't even punish you for rolling right to him.

Big whoop, like what 10% from a laser? Now you're right on his *** and can combo him off stage. And if MK lands a DAir off stage, you're pretty much dead, as you're sent right towards the corner of the blast zone, and you can follow up with another DAir before he's even out of hitstun. And even if you **** that up, the only way the opponent can recover is going RIGHT TOWARDS the MK, who can DAir him out of it.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Where can he run away to? I mean there's only so much stage to run away to. Once you get to the ledge, or if you screw up and get hit anywhere NEAR the ledge, you're pretty much ****ed.

And his side B cancel > NAir has a lot of start up lag. On reaction, I can definitely shield it and maybe shuttle loop or NAir it, but if I predict it and get a NAir, you're completely ****ed (as it's probably near the edge of the stage that this happens).

Imo it still looks like MK counters ROB. Not awful, but looking at ROB's options, and then looking at MKs, it still looks like MKs favor.

NNID
Budget_Player
I disagree that ROB is totally ****ed at the ledge. He's actually one of the few that isn't. Almost any stage, he can go under and recover. He has an asbsolutely ******** recovery; you know, the kind that recovers from ANYWHERE.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
If MK follows you off the ledge and hits you with a DAir, what is there you can possibly do? Usually he can follow up with another DAir before you're able to do anything and just push you to the corner of the blast zone, to the point where you have NO WHERE to go but right into a DAiring MK.

I mean, yeah, if ROB can actually GET under the stage, he's probably safe. But if you get knocked off the stage, and MK follows you, how the hell are you going to actually get to that spot if the MK is smart?

ROB doesn't have any problem with the distance from him to the stage, but when MK is right in front of you, DAiring you to the blast zone, afaik you have no options. There are some situations where MK can't really follow you well, but in most situations, there isn't a lot you can do...

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
In that case, ROB isn't the problem, MK is.

Anyways guys, there's still a lot of info to be added to my who's your main thread, everyone writing in this thread is awesome.

Cadet, you haven't posted there yet D:

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^Nah I wouldn't say that MK is the problem overall, it just honestly seems like he's atleast a ROB counter, and since everyone here is always going on about ROB-... just thought I should mention MK, atleast theoretically not enough practical play to say with 100% certainty, definitely does really well against ROB.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Has ANYONE gotten the txt file to work with a codemanager? Is it me who's doing something wrong?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You're using the wrong codemanager. You'll need to open it with notepad and resave under UTF(?) format for it to work with that one

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
as long as pit canceled his upB with an attack, he could continue doing it over, and over, and over.

BPC is a returd and doesn't use the correct term, it's a Pit infinite RECOVERY is what it is

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
If you could fix the issue with not being able to remove computers unless you unplug the controller would be nice as well. Or give me a way to use the old brawl menu.

NNID
Budget_Player
If you could fix the issue with not being able to remove computers unless you unplug the controller would be nice as well. Or give me a way to use the old brawl menu.
You'd have to do two things:
-Remove the sc_selcharacter.pac file, or rename it
-make a new GCT without the CSS fix code.

Not removing AIs unless you unplug the controller is a side-effect of the CSS fix code; without the CSS fix code, you can't get at Snake, Sonic, etc.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
You're using the wrong codemanager. You'll need to open it with notepad and resave under UTF(?) format for it to work with that one
Well it was ANSI but thanks for telling me, I should've noticed that before, at least someone answered though

Ok I've tried it out with the B- codeset, I hate to say it but the gameplay feels slow, and a lot of moves feel sticky, a lot act like Link's UpB first hit from What I tried out

Combos are underwhelming because they're slow and don't take a lot of skill to pull off

Teching feels like such a pain, it seems sluggish and unresponsive

It feels like you're making all the characters strong and slow, to be honest, I liked it better using B- .pacs on the B+ codeset

I know it seems harsh but I'd rather speak my mind clearly on exactly how I feel about this

Maybe this codeset just isn't for me, I like faster paced gameplay

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Well it was ANSI but thanks for telling me, I should've noticed that before, at least someone answered though

Ok I've tried it out with the B- codeset, I hate to say it but the gameplay feels slow, and a lot of moves feel sticky, a lot act like Link's UpB first hit from What I tried out

Combos are underwhelming because they're slow and don't take a lot of skill to pull off

Teching feels like such a pain, it seems sluggish and unresponsive

It feels like you're making all the characters strong and slow, to be honest, I liked it better using B- .pacs on the B+ codeset

I know it seems harsh but I'd rather speak my mind clearly on exactly how I feel about this

Maybe this codeset just isn't for me, I like faster paced gameplay
this is first impression; we're no good at this with people who play b+ D:. things to work on~

Teching...teching... It's the same window as Brawl+ lol

strong and slow? whaaaaaaat. maybe dedede... and bowser... that's about it though >.>

idk.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
Kinda confused about the updated thread title. . .

is there a new minus release?

or is the thread poster asking for a fix to the Pit brokenness?

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Blatt Blvd - the thread title says that on the OP there's a fix for Pit's Up-b-->Aerial-->Up-b-->Aerial-->Up-b.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Really nice video....HOWEVER, a lot of those combos were not true I dont think (and Im not talking about th obvious teching ones). As well, only a few characters were really shown off there exclusive Minus mechanics....maybe Im just to picky though, but it was a well presented piece of work, thats for sure

bleyva

Smash Ace
playing for the first time. warios' dthrow is a stroke of genius

im sold

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
this is first impression; we're no good at this with people who play b+ D:. things to work on~

Teching...teching... It's the same window as Brawl+ lol

strong and slow? whaaaaaaat. maybe dedede... and bowser... that's about it though >.>

idk.
The teching probably just feels slower because of the slower gameplay, and same thing with characters just feeling strong and slow

Faster with more combos based on quick reaction is what I like, in B- it seems like you have a lot more time to pull off combos making them seem less satisfying

I'm not trying to bash this I LOVE the idea, it just needs some work IMO

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
akuma is a moron ignore him.

he really has no clue what he's talking about.

sorry for being an *** about it but it true.

edit: and the page number wasnt there when I asked.

bleyva

Smash Ace
an interesting aspect of B- that ive noticed is how well it stays true to certain characters styles outside of smash (Samus ice missiles, DK's barrel toss, luigi's general clumsiness).

while 'breaking' brawl is still the primary focus, i find this 'true to the character' approach to be a very interesting selling point as well.

Revven

FrankerZ
Really nice video....HOWEVER, a lot of those combos were not true I dont think (and Im not talking about th obvious teching ones). As well, only a few characters were really shown off there exclusive Minus mechanics....maybe Im just to picky though, but it was a well presented piece of work, thats for sure
Most combo videos hardly ever rely on "true" combos, if that's all they were, they would never be as entertaining as they have been (see: Silent Spectre's CF combo videos for instance). Ever since vBrawl came out, people have this mind set that if it doesn't register in Training Mode as a combo, then it's not a combo or that if it's not proven to connect perfectly (like DK's Dtilt (trip) > Down B) it's not a true combo.

Combo videos are based on someone who is good at reading their opponent's DI, good tech readings, or the other player is simply making bad choices and the main person being focused on for the combo is taking advantage of them.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
an interesting aspect of B- that ive noticed is how well it stays true to certain characters styles outside of smash (Samus ice missiles, DK's barrel toss, luigi's general clumsiness).

while 'breaking' brawl is still the primary focus, i find this 'true to the character' approach to be a very interesting selling point as well.
Link's charging up B.

Most combo videos hardly ever rely on "true" combos, if that's all they were, they would never be as entertaining as they have been (see: Silent Spectre's CF combo videos for instance). Ever since vBrawl came out, people have this mind set that if it doesn't register in Training Mode as a combo, then it's not a combo or that if it's not proven to connect perfectly (like DK's Dtilt (trip) > Down B) it's not a true combo.

Combo videos are based on someone who is good at reading their opponent's DI, good tech readings, or the other player is simply making bad choices and the main person being focused on for the combo is taking advantage of them.
For me, as long as it's guaranted hit, I look at it as a combo.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of combos in the game, however combo divides into escapable combos and true combos. Most combos are escapable.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Fair enough, maybe Im just to harsh on the vBrawl mentality at times, the stuff was definetly nice, thats for sure....guess Ill stop being so judgemental, this is Smash after all, not BlazBlue

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
PAL bug, don't know how to fix it

I can't select the bottom two rows of characters

Sonic, Snake, all of them, can't be selected

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Just a quick question - has the bug where it's impossible to get rid of human players who haven't got a character selected been fixed? It's annoying if you start the game using a Wiimote and can't get rid of the Wiimote player without removing the batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom