• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Budget_Player
What's the problem with vBrawl Norfair in Minus to be replaced by Lavaville?
If you were replacing Shadow Moses, The Summit... I can understand. But, Norfair?

Cool SSS, btw. :)
Two big things. The first is, quite simply, I don't think you can superimpose norfair's lava structure over another stage. It doesn't work from the size requirements IIRC. (Monk, Toaster, Feel free to tell me I'm wrong)
The second is that Norfair's main structure has some pretty drastic problems; problems that are actually only made worse by Brawl-'s changes. And while the stage might be "okay" in vBrawl (very loose vision of "okay"), you will find very, VERY few people who think this change is bad, and there's nothing inherently wrong with it from the angle of "depth" (unlike, say, freezing PS2, which negatively impacts game depth). Replacing the old platform setup with smashville turned a questionable stage into an amazingly awesome modification.

@Monk: Played teams with it quite a bit (the guys at Make Some Neuss loved it) and had no problems; it can get a little cramped but never to the extent where it's really a problem.

@Toaster: you know, I look at those vids, and I think to myself, "wow, that actually isn't as spammy as people would make brawl- out to be". Seriously, that first vid could've been something out of melee, or at least brawl.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like how when they cheer for Pit in the third vid it sounds like they're saying 'Pit's a girl'. <3 Japanese

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I don't see how you can tell that based of smashboards post, BPC.

He might be good at debating but that doesnt make him auto smarter than anyone here. I feel there is a little bias in that statement anyway.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Two big things. The first is, quite simply, I don't think you can superimpose norfair's lava structure over another stage. It doesn't work from the size requirements IIRC. (Monk, Toaster, Feel free to tell me I'm wrong)
The second is that Norfair's main structure has some pretty drastic problems; problems that are actually only made worse by Brawl-'s changes. And while the stage might be "okay" in vBrawl (very loose vision of "okay"), you will find very, VERY few people who think this change is bad, and there's nothing inherently wrong with it from the angle of "depth" (unlike, say, freezing PS2, which negatively impacts game depth). Replacing the old platform setup with smashville turned a questionable stage into an amazingly awesome modification.
My main problem with the stage is that it is an exact copy of Smashville plus the lava. It could, maybe, have an extra plataform...

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
thats pretty much all he did, but the amount of work it took to get it like that was immense. its not a simple swap.

just86

Smash Rookie
Please excuse me if this question has already been asked, but when you guys release 1.7, are you going to make the current DLC stages a part of the package, or are you going to leave them as optional downloads?

bleyva

Smash Ace
btw, are there any plans for falco in 2.0? or is he mostly set with the style he has in 1.6?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Falco will have lagless landing phantasms that can be canceled into 3 usmashes in a row.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No, Hananbow is actually a decent stage. It doesn't have an uber camp-happy layout (hanenbow is camp happy though, but not near as bad), it doesn't encourage timing-out anywhere near as much, and it doesn't have a huge *** chimera that pops out of nowhere and kills you at 0% >.>

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Just been wondering if this glitch has been addressed where Marth up throws Mario (happened on Pictochat), and Mario never comes down. The person can walk Mario off, but it's kinda lame. Not sure if it was a texture issue.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
If you replace a stage with the WWR, instead of using a code to do it, maybe you should use a WWR .rel and .pac file. That way, if someone wants the original stage, they just have to delete the file instead of finding the .txt file and making a new GCT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom