• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If you add Handicap=Buffer, WiFi won't work unless you have it set to 100 or if your foe has it too and sets it to the same number.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'm seriously willing to accept that, since I don't play WiFi, and would like if you were to release a version with that. I mean, you've already made the standard version available, so would it be hard for you to throw those codes in, and release a version with it soon?

Also, no one addressed my complaint about the CSS screen on 1player modes. I want to be able to play on Intense Difficulty with MINUS characters, not just the default normal.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
...What was the complaint? I'm rather sure it's possible now that we put the CSS back to vBrawl layout..

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Pierce, just get codemgr and add the codes you want to it to make your own gct. Search codemgr wii on google and you should find it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It's the vBrawl one, except purple. It's not rearranged.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Regarding desyncs: Yes, we both have 1.5 (possible to have been a bad download on one of our ends though), and atm neither of us have the Handi=Buffer code in. It was just doing it with the standard stuff from the download link. If it makes a difference, it always seemed to happen right after using one of the new momentum abilities (Marth's sliding Fsmash, Ivy's NeutB), though that could have just been when we noticed it.

I'll have him redownload, and I will too before we play again to see if that fixes anything.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
...What was the complaint? I'm rather sure it's possible now that we put the CSS back to vBrawl layout..
Yeah, I read. We should be all good then. I figure you decided unplugging controllers and taking batteries out of Wiimotes wasn't cutting it? Good call.

Pierce, just get codemgr and add the codes you want to it to make your own gct. Search codemgr wii on google and you should find it.
I'll consider this option. Thanks.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Can we please turn of the stupid buffer glitch with PT? When you die, if you input an action it will buffer it on your next stock... meaning the platform will bring you back down and you'll immediately perform that action.

The best example is holding L/R to switch (personally i think it should be the other way around, hold to stay) and then after dieing you'll come down as a new pokemon and then instantly airdodge. This sucks because it uses up some of your invincibility frames. This sucks harder if you tried to use UpB, cause when you come down it will UpB and use up all your invincibility.

bajisci

Smash Ace
Can we please turn of the stupid buffer glitch with PT? When you die, if you input an action it will buffer it on your next stock... meaning the platform will bring you back down and you'll immediately perform that action.

The best example is holding L/R to switch (personally i think it should be the other way around, hold to stay) and then after dieing you'll come down as a new pokemon and then instantly airdodge. This sucks because it uses up some of your invincibility frames. This sucks harder if you tried to use UpB, cause when you come down it will UpB and use up all your invincibility.
QFTx1000 I almost lost a tourney set to this glitch its incredibly frustrating. Even if its only a jump it still ****s me up.

Also GnW has a very weird (glitch?) thing, after his fsmash he can nair, on the ground, i think its performed by pressing down and A but i cant do it too consistently

edit: yea its down and A and i can do it consistently.

edit2: u tricky *******s, doing it changes the fsmash into a multi hit move that combos into the nair. im guessing this was intended :p

NNID
Budget_Player

I did this a lot and then wondered "why are you upbing you stupid squirtle stop doing that"

Now we know...

Revven

FrankerZ
I got a few Rawrizard matches saved on my comp with me abusing the hell out of Stealth Rock, should be up between today and Wed. :p

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Stealth Rock is cool and all, but I don't think it's game breaking. The rocks do as much damage as Charizards pummel. You can also attack the rocks to get rid of them.

Bowser's still immune to them. They do wreck the crap out of Ness's recovery.

Chrisu

Smash Cadet
hey guys!
about the new version 1.5...how about PAL?
are there new codes that haven't been ported?
and what about the PAC files? do you need someone to convert them again, like i did with the ones from version 1.0 (so that there would be correct sounds)?

NNID
Budget_Player
Stealth Rock is cool and all, but I don't think it's game breaking. The rocks do as much damage as Charizards pummel. You can also attack the rocks to get rid of them.

Wrong! Stealth Rock shards, when used correctly, do around 10% + however much charizard's fsmash does. The really brutal thing is that you can start easy combos with them.

hey guys!
about the new version 1.5...how about PAL?
are there new codes that haven't been ported?
and what about the PAC files? do you need someone to convert them again, like i did with the ones from version 1.0 (so that there would be correct sounds)?
Sorry man, PAL remains SOL. We need a new porter. :(

bajisci

Smash Ace
SO was game and watches nair after fsmash intended? timing down and A RIGhT after it activates it and turns fsmash multi hit.

Also is ness's uncharged pk cross supposed to kill ganon off the top at 24%? ><

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
its just a tilted fsmash, up or down works. ness's neutral B? there is a few different effects it gets at random, one of which is instant KO, but its rare.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Is there a good reason why C-stick fastfalling was taken out? I actually preferred it that way.

Also why is DK's down b so glitchy? It looks like it has some weird unnatural pause before he hits the ground. The pause makes it a lot slower too.

Anyways, I haven't really tried anyone else but I like all the random little changes for DK so far. The up b change is especially interesting. I also really like the aerial side b change. I was surprised that he couldn't move backwards with up b on the ground considering what was done to the aerial version. Maybe you guys should add that in next time.

Revven

FrankerZ
Is there a good reason why C-stick fastfalling was taken out? I actually preferred it that way.
My guess: People who use aerials for the C-stick (purely for it, meaning no analogue + A) don't like always fastfalling their Dairs, especially ones that are extremely laggy when they hit the ground.

Coney

Smash Master

my big issue with them currently is just inexperience, i think. my new main is wolf and for whatever reason i can't consistently shine them to make them harmless...extending hitboxes with them works well against zard though, so that's nice.

also, the fact that they combo into one another...yuck @_@

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
lol Baji. That was always in, and it's intentional. It's really awesome when used properly, as you can cover a lot of options with it when used correctly.

Also, I'm honestly tempted to just not say anything, but GnW is BROKEN UBER TIER. Seriously, he probably was in 1.0 too, but with his main competition getting nerfed, he's only better.

Fair spam seems to be unparalleled. Picture this:

Imagine a character, who could SH double Fair (like Marth) but the hitbox on Fair stayed out, autocancelled, and had no lag. So Marth's fair with duration on the hitbox, safe on block regardless of spacing. Also, this Fair does 16 percent, so connecting 2 of them is 32, and sets up a tech chase. It's totally safe to approach and retreat with against pretty much the whole cast, and you can chase people to stupid lengths just by throwing it out over and over.

If you miss the tech, you're getting hit off stage, probably by improved ftilt. There are better options if you have good skill and reading, but ftilt is fine. Once the opponent is off stage, you can combo MORE Fairs on them. Weak Fair combos into strong Fair or FOOTSTOOL, which gimps a lot of characters, or sets up for Dair, which always spikes.

If you chain Fairs on someone as close to the deathline as you can, you can UpB them, and it will push them over the deathline. My brother has GREAT DI, and I was chaining fairs on him, and killing his Yoshi off the side around 60-70 percent with UpB after he DIed up and out of the range of any other attack. This enables GnW to float to back to the stage and recover, because of the parachute on his UpB. Getting hit off the stage at all means getting Fair linked into UpB and Dying, or probably getting killed or edgeguarding in some other way. Fair also has **** good knockback, so with no staling, it serves as a kill move as well.

I've yet to master Utilt out of a dash, but once I do, that tremendously boosts his combo game. You can't really block a Fair, because more fairs into dtilt, etc pressure will ensue, and a grab leads into a tech chase which GnW can hardly fail to gain a reward in. Dash Attack, or any setting move leads into Nair, which K.O.s amazingly as well.

Honestly, the Fair just seems like a never ending hitbox in front of GnW that deals 16 damage or sourspots into a combo for 16 damage, and then combos into itself. You thought Ness' Fair was bad? I haven't compared them head to head, but I'm tempted to say this is far worse.

My brother went through a LOT of the cast in an attempt to find a counter. He started picking heavier and heavier characters, to see if he could avoid being K.O.ed off the side by UpB. Only when he reached the very top with Bowser was this successful, because UpB doesn't phase Bowser. Also, Bowser was heavy enough to survive Fair at over 180% at the center of Battlefield (told you my bro has good DI) and GnW cannot flinch him with a sourspot Fair. His Bowser finally managed to take one game off me, and then I started using other tools, and camping more. I had yet to start comboing Fair to Dashing Fsmash, or using other superior tactics, and I haven't even fully incorperated judgment into my game.

Also, I think Fair Spam might get even more broken if I master finishing with Chef, since that will gimp the opponent far worse.

I have replays on my SD card. I cannot upload, but I will send files to someone who might want to.

Overall, I like 1.0 better. I will continue to play 1.5, because it's the most recent version, but I feel like the game was overall just nerfed. I'm not going to lie, I finally adjusted to the shield stun, and I was really learning how to shield DI to make the shield a more effective tool (like seriously, Inhale GTFO). Also, Falco isn't broken anymore, not just because Nair was nerfed, but because Dair isn't nearly safe on block, as are a lot of other moves. Still, these aren't necessarily bad things, and 1.5 is still very enjoyable.

I'll hop on Skype in a little bit for more detailed discussion. I like Marth's Wavesmash more than I thought I would.

Zucco

Smash Master
my big issue with them currently is just inexperience, i think. my new main is wolf and for whatever reason i can't consistently shine them to make them harmless...extending hitboxes with them works well against zard though, so that's nice.

also, the fact that they combo into one another...yuck @_@
Wolf is awesome! never went against stealth rock yet though, so I cant say anything about it.

edit: I was starting to like the shield stun too for some reason. The pressure you could put on people was pretty cool.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
uh, yeah. you can. try it. i know it sounds silly but you can.

also rejoice that the sourspot is back, because before it didnt have one at all ._.

bajisci

Smash Ace
word GnW is gdlk his judgement game is one reason hes so gdlk pierce! most judgements can give u crazy early kills with a charged usmash. he dies so ****ing early though, mk is hard for him imo

go on aim for once pierce ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom