• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl-: 1.5-1.6 thread archive. 2.0 is stickied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo Maniac 64

Smash Apprentice
Awww... online waiting room still goes on top of New Pork City instead of 75m...

Guess the devs didn't like my idea + the "what is mario villians" stage suggestion :/

Kimura

Smash Rookie
NNID
Porhaps
3DS FC
1977-0189-0884
I dunno what's going on, but I download this, put EVERYTHING into it correctly, I don't touch it, just cut, paste into root of SD card, and it doesn't work. What is this.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Has the disable custom stages code. You no longer need to do anything after loading with stack smash.

EDIT: @Hobobloke: PAL release is kinda... well, ****ed. Just take the .pacs from this one and the old PAL GCT, that's unfortunately the best I can do :(
Wait, so, if I've got this right (and I prob. don't, I'm not very good with the codes), that'd mean we'd get all the 1.5 character changes but not the global 1.5 changes?

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Most noticeable changes in 1.5 are Charizard's Stealth Rock ability and Olimar. Before, Olimar was annoyingly gay. Now, he's funny gay.

There's probably a more official changelist floating in someone's computer, but the readme didn't really help me much with Olimar. So...copy and paste time. Here are the most noticeable changes that I noticed when I played as Olimar. :)

==Olimar==
---------------

==SMASHES==

Forward Smash - Olimar launches pikman, pikman floats longer than it should. Basically, the hitbox stays out longer. The purple pikmin fall pretty quick though.

Up Smash - What is this. I don't know. Olimar commands a pikman to jump as high as Snake's mortar launcher (Up Smash as well). Once again, the pikmen are floaty and fall SLOWLY.

Down Smash -

==SPECIALS==

Neutral Special - Airpluck is now real. No need to waste all of your time falling back to stage. BE AWARE THAT IT WILL NOT HELP YOU RECOVER. The Pikmen are going to be falling behind you, out of reach for Olimar to use them as a tether.

Side Special - Goes farther. Meh.

Up Special - On the ground, it's an ok kill move, depending on the Pikman in the lead. In the air, it's magic. Olimar has a momentum boost that propels him upward, he can legitimately recover without Pikmen if the situation is desperate. With or without Pikmen, Olimar does NOT go into a helpless state, but you cannot launch Up-B again until you land/get hit.

Down Special - ?

==OTHER==

Attributes - Obviously small. Obviously light. Bad if you suck at dodging or staying away from moves. In a match between bad players, Olimar is like a hackysack being kicked around by people who don't know how to combo.

So don't get hit. Simple answer. Your Pikmen practically move metres/feet away from you, so there's no reason to let them get close enough. Olimar's aerials seem pretty good as well, seeing that he's swinging Pikmen around that are as big as him.

I think the White Pikman can apply a flower effect onto opponents, but I don't know how I keep doing it. Up-Smash? Forward Smash? Ah well.

All in all, Olimar still gets kicked around like a beach ball, but now he can return the favour.

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
(With one or two Pikmin) U-smash > f-smash: Oh hi, flying Pikmin.

PLAYTIME'S OVER, STAR FOX.

Also, THIS IS AWESOME. The 1 vs. 3 level 9 Luigis on Rainbow Cruise "challenge mode" I for some reason enjoy doing got much harder.

L/A/W

Smash Journeyman
so i notice dedede waddle toss is a lot faster, but a couple of times i was able to throw the waddles a short distance. How do i differentiate the two? Also, is the chance for gordos higher or was i just getting lucky?:laugh:

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
So I just heard from Delta-Cod that you buff Yoshi's sweetspot Uair from the previous version . . .

Are you high? So many people including myself already complained about Yoshi's guarenteed 0-deaths on people, but at least when I was Ganondorf, or other heavy characters, he couldn't take me off the top from 0, even with a grab to three Uairs. Now Uair is even stronger?! wtf? That completely goes against the complaints being made against Yoshi.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
The sourspot was incredibly nerfed to almost nothing. It's good for basically tech chasing even though it has an upward velocity. And his sweetspot was nerfed, it does 2%, maybe 3% less than before (don't remember exactly) and the knockback was compensated. You will need godly spacing and reading if you want to hit with one sweetspot, let alone three.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
The sourspot was incredibly nerfed to almost nothing. It's good for basically tech chasing even though it has an upward velocity. And his sweetspot was nerfed, it does 2%, maybe 3% less than before (don't remember exactly) and the knockback was compensated. You will need godly spacing and reading if you want to hit with one sweetspot, let alone three.
Ah, makes sense. So the KB buff is equalized by the Damage nerf, or does it exceed previous KB?

Also, I don't know if you read my previous post, but the cinematic hitlag on the sweetspot makes it way easier to read the DI. Did you reduce the hitbox, because both my brother and the resident Yoshi main were consistently able to chase me off the top. Both are skilled players no doubt, but that doesn't make the character any less broken.

sourspotted being nerfed is good.

I don't mind 0 - death combos. I do mind easy death combos given to you from a throw with set KB, especially a character with a grab like Yoshi's, and ESPECIALLY when that grab is buffed by his new SideB mechanic.

Ulevo

Smash Master
You will need godly spacing and reading if you want to hit with one sweetspot, let alone three.
In an atmosphere where money is on the line, I don't think you're going to find a shortage of players with so called "godly" spacing who won't mess this up if it's going to single handedly win them the tournament.

If it's overpowered, regardless of ease of use, people will typically learn to exploit and milk it for what it's worth, unless it's unreasonable to expect a human to perform it on command consistently.

EDIT: Thanks for the typo correction, Pierce7d.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
In an atmosphere where money is on the line, I don't think you're going to find a shortage of players with so called "godly" spacing who won't mess this up if it's going to single handedly win them the tournament.

If it's overpowered, regardless of ease of use, people will typically learn to exploit and milk it for what it's worth, unless it's unreasonable to expect a human to perform it on command consistently.
Fix in bold but QFT. Did the sweepspot size get nerfed?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
In an atmosphere where money is on the line, I don't think you're going to find a shortage of players with so called "godly" spacing who will mess this up if it's going to single handedly win them the tournament.

I never said that you wouldn't be able to. I'm saying we nerfed it. You guys really do know how to pull some wacky assumptions. :/

Did the sweepspot size get nerfed?
Yes.

Ah, makes sense. So the KB buff is equalized by the Damage nerf, or does it exceed previous KB?
It's actually a bit weaker than before.

bajisci

Smash Ace
great stuff i love the new changes but u nerfed squirtle SO much. his nair was gay but i dont think it was THAT gay u changed it from best down to an alright move. he was MAYBE top 5 in 1.0 now hes not all. the nair seems to be like 1/4th or 1/3rd the 1.0 nair imo half the size and 3 or 4% on sourspot woudlve been better. it was also his only chance against broken pikachu

NJ tourny results for 1.0 today 6/12
1.delta (yoshi)
2. nairo (pika)
3 nakat (luigi)
4 bajisci (squirtle)

i forget the rest but ill update it if u guys care

1.0 was used due to 1.5 just coming out, the tourny next weekend will use 1.5
edit: also i was wondering if fairs KBG was compensated for the damage reduction

Zucco

Smash Master
ima win that tourney with Wolf Baji. Time to learn the ups and downs of 1.5

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
More discoveries in 1.5! For the user, that is, not the coders.

Olimar's Pikmen can be controlled from a farther distance. And it's SO MUCH FUN. I can pluck a Pikman, and while it's in the air, I can input a forward smash and it'll jump forward while it's in the air.

Applications?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
darth is his dad, lol. like. darth vader. luke's father. it is a pun of sorts.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
well, that just means your dad is really cool and accidentally makes puns. >.>

bajisci

Smash Ace
LMAO

Squirtle's nair had complete super armor the whole attack and a huge hitbox. That's not ok
I'm well aware it needed to be nerfed, the move was broken. I only believe the nair was over nerfed and squirtle was over nerfed, why were his other moves nerfed? Also was KBG increased on fair to compensate for damage decrease?

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
So...had a big message all typed up and forums ate it for no apparent reason. Gonna summarize some >_>;

My friend and I were getting LOTS of desyncs (Marth, Ivy, some others). Stage didn't matter.

Pika's shield IASA on thunder feels almost too nerfed, like there's only 3-5 frames where you can actually shield before the thunder hits(that may be what you're going for, though).

Love Stealth Rock, Bullet Seed, Pit's arrows, and the shield IASA on Angel Ring. All very nice changes.

Something I felt is off: Zelda's ghostbox on fair has amazing power. My friend killed me (Olimar, 0%, almost middle of SV) off the side with it, without any attempt at getting back. G&W can also be killed quite easily with it when he's near the edge (1/4th of the way in from SV) as it sends him far enough that he can't even attempt to stop an edgehog (best I managed was to kill us both with surprise stagespike). (S)DI may help this issue a bit, as I'm fairly certain my DI wasn't perfect by that point in the night, but I thought at the very least, the OHKO on Oli was a bit extreme.

Were there any plans on making Handicap=Buffer code standard? I put it in on my own, but I thought I remembered hearing talk of having it put in the releases. I'd really love it to be included :)

Very nice work guys! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom