• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Brave' New Character (datamined)

ZelDan

Smash Master
THE ANSWER WAS UNDER OUR NOSES THE WHOLE TIME

Lyn's the only other FE character I would actually want, so I'd actually be okay with this.

And hey, if she was promoted to playable within Ultimate that'd be good news for some other assist trophy characters

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
Brave is banjo

Phonetically B = Banjo

Also Brave = Bear V = Banjo Smash 5

The little slide when he changes directions is straight from the banjo games.

Hes small but a bit heavy, because hes actually two characters.

Floaty in air because kazooie uses her wings as two buffers.

Or its Erdrick.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
How did they think we wouldn't break this code?
Brave is banjo

Phonetically B = Banjo

The little slide when he changes directions is straight from the banjo games.

Hes small but a bit heavy, because hes actually two characters.

Floaty in air because kazooie uses her wings as two buffers.

Or its Erdrick.
lol but actually the stats aren't an awful fit

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I didn't expect persona to be in smash, and I wonder if we looked at all the game series' that sold as much or more than persona what kind of list we would get. And then maybe use 'brave' to look through it :)

D

Deleted member

THE ANSWER WAS UNDER OUR NOSES THE WHOLE TIME

Actually, I would lose my **** if Lyn got into Smash as DLC so this is acceptable. In the general FE support thread, the general consensus so far is that Lyn would actually bring something to Fire Emblem people might enjoy. Chrom getting in might dull Lyn's "holy ****" factor but man that would be great.
I'm not sure about her stats though. I'd have to review the video.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Ephraim would be a better FE character than Lyn prove me wrong. Not that I really expect any more.

Also I made the Brave Heroes joke in this thread first and no one thought I was cool ):

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
>Brave
>Brave rhymes with Blade
>Floaty
>Slides when turning, maybe the character is permanently above ground
>Semi-Heavy

Well, clearly this all means Dark Matter Blade is 100% confirmed. /s
Please? Pretty please?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Like its been said before. As it stands right now the stats don't reflect an adult sized sword user wearing armor. Sure it can all change but I don't expect drastic drastic changes. Sure it could be Kid Erdrick. But you would have to throw out any "leak" that claims him to be an adult. Which is a huge chunk of them right now.

I am leaning on it being Banjo or Geno. But more towards Banjo since I don't see a puppet made out of wood to slide as much as Brave does while Banjo fits how floaty and slidey Brave is to a T.

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity with Banjo, due to his proportions wouldn't Banjo actually be taller than Diddy by about a head?

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Like its been said before. As it stands right now the stats don't reflect an adult sized sword user wearing armor. Sure it can all change but I don't expect drastic drastic changes. Sure it could be Kid Erdrick. But you would have to throw out any "leak" that claims him to be an adult. Which is a huge chunk of them right now.

I am leaning on it being Banjo or Geno. But more towards Banjo since I don't see a puppet made out of wood to slide as much as Brave does while Banjo fits how floaty and slidey Brave is to a T.
There is no kid Erdrick. We're referring to his old chibi design. He's still an adult.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
There is no kid Erdrick. We're referring to his old chibi design. He's still an adult.
But wouldn't a 3d modeled Chibi Erdrick look exactly like a kid though? Thats why I was calling him that. And I'm sure most people unfamilier with the franchise would assume he would be a kid as well.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Just a bit smaller than Ness and Lucas. Was remembering DKR and Banjo was bigger by about a head.
I don't know how double posting works here but I just had to say something about this. I don't think using DKR Banjo is a good indicator of hight. As he looked like this in DKR:

I wouldn't call this an accurate representation of Banjo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know how double posting works here but I just had to say something about this. I don't think using DKR Banjo is a good indicator of hight. As he looked like this in DKR:

I wouldn't call this an accurate representation of Banjo.
You can edit your post, its preferable to double posting actually.

Thats true, but I would say that heightwise he would look a bit more like in DKR when compared to Diddy. Otherwise, he would look a bit weird being Diddy size considering his proportions dont you think?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You can edit your post, its preferable to double posting actually.

Thats true, but I would say that heightwise he would look a bit more like in DKR when compared to Diddy. Otherwise, he would look a bit weird being Diddy size considering his proportions dont you think?
Good to know for next time. Personally I've always imagined Banjo to be around Mario's size. He was never actually a large bear. Kazooie was almost as big as he was when you ride on her back.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
But wouldn't a 3d modeled Chibi Erdrick look exactly like a kid though? Thats why I was calling him that. And I'm sure most people unfamilier with the franchise would assume he would be a kid as well.
That doesn't matter when it comes to leaks not saying Kid Erdrick.. because he isn't a kid.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah if we ignore rumors and leaks and go by the stats too, it could still be DQ related, but like a slime or a chibi hero.

I'm hoping there'll be more information on a next patch. I dont know how long that'll be. There's a chance there's something new for smash tomorow since it's the 20th anniversary, but no word on anything up to now. :/

Last edited:

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Why does everybody's telling that it will be Erdrick ? I mean, I thin it will be more logic if it was a Bravely Default character, because some people suppose there will be a new Bravely game this year.

I'm just asking.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah if we ignore rumors and leaks and go by the stats too, it could still be DQ related, but like a slime or a chibi hero.

I'm hoping there'll be more information on a next patch. I dont know how long that'll be. There's a chance there's something new for smash tomorow since it's the 20th anniversary, but no word on anything up to now. :/
Not holding my breath on anything regarding that, Nintendo Life would have reported on it by now. It's already the 21st in Japan as we speak.

Why does everybody's telling that it will be Erdrick ? I mean, I thin it will be more logic if it was a Bravely Default character, because some people suppose there will be a new Bravely game this year.

I'm just asking.
Because Brave = Yuusha, apparently. It has specific connotations in regards to DQ.

I still think we'll end up with someone completely different.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I'm just asking.
Because of supposed leakers. There's quite a few people who talked about Erdrick coming.
None of them are Verge though, so who's to say how much impact it has.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not holding my breath on anything regarding that, Nintendo Life would have reported on it by now. It's already the 21st in Japan as we speak.

Because Brave = Yuusha, apparently. It has specific connotations in regards to DQ.

I still think we'll end up with someone completely different.
It's 4:20 a.m. in japan, and it's sunday over here, so... I would wait a little while :)

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
Height's not calculated, as far as we can tell, at peak stance. Diddy's height is likely 12 then, and Brave's is 13 with a scale modifier of 0.96....
Likely, yes. I was more curious as to a character height versus gameplay height...and I now have a new reason to be upset at Fire Emblem (and Skull Kid) at the end of all of this.

...also I read that 13 as 13 and got afraid; that would have been more than four Ridley's tall.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Anybody else think we'll get new datamine data on Brave before a new Direct? It's the Main reason why i'm looking forward to Piranha Plant.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Okay, it's 6:30 over there now, how much longer until we don't expect any news there?
Business hours, I guess?
I'd give it at least a few more hours.
But really the whole next 12 hours is game, I feel.

Anybody else think we'll get new datamine data on Brave before a new Direct? It's the Main reason why i'm looking forward to Piranha Plant.
Yes a new patch is what I'm curious about too. That's the very least, anyway. We might find out if the data changes too.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord

I'm just asking.
VeggieBurger said so.

The Grinch Leak wasn't enough to teach us I guess.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Photoshops were the first step, now popular leakers are next. Eventually, no one will believe anything except for what's straight from Nintendo's horse's mouth.
That really wouldn't be a bad thing.
If all leakers can do is stir up ideas for possibilities in people's minds without everyone jumping to it like it's true, the world'll be a better place :)

Top Bottom