• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock α (Alpha)

What should our Side Tournament be?

• Mario Party 2 or 4

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Brawl Minus

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dnyce

Smash Master
You guys q.q waaayyyy too hard.

Real talk: You're not going to be studying 2-3 ****ing weeks before your finals.

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Iowa's finals begin the week of the 13th of December. Plenty of time to study and go to the tournament-- especially since the venue is a sneeze away from the campus-- Oh wait, it doesn't matter because no one plays Smash at Iowa, believe me I've checked.

ISU's are around the same time I assume. Doesn't ISU have that dead week thing before finals? No Johns for not being prepared. Also, you're in-state. That's the same for all junior colleges in Iowa.

Anyone else- I have nothing to say. We can't do anything about the date. Deal or don't go. Only 107 days left to get your priorities in order.

EDIT: If Brawl- wins that poll, I think I'll shoot myself.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
You guys q.q waaayyyy too hard.

Real talk: You're not going to be studying 2-3 ****ing weeks before your finals.
I do, i have a very busy schedule and I'm trying to get my GPA back up. So yeah, QQ for me I guess.

Pretty much this?

If you are...wow.
See above. I can't afford to take chances.

Iowa's finals begin the week of the 13th of December. Plenty of time to study and go to the tournament-- especially since the venue is a sneeze away from the campus-- Oh wait, it doesn't matter because no one plays Smash at Iowa, believe me I've checked.

ISU's are around the same time I assume. Doesn't ISU have that dead week thing before finals? No Johns for not being prepared. Also, you're in-state. That's the same for all junior colleges in Iowa.

Anyone else- I have nothing to say. We can't do anything about the date. Deal or don't go. Only 107 days left to get your priorities in order.

EDIT: If Brawl- wins that poll, I think I'll shoot myself.
Dead week is a joke. It's only for the student organizations pretty much, they just can't have meetings that last like 4 hours or something. Other than that it's pure bull****. I've had projects due, exams before the final exam, and plenty of new material every dead week. In short dead week = any other week.

I mean don't get me wrong, I probably won't show up to this either way. I just felt like since Yink brought it up I'd put my 2 cents in.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I mean don't get me wrong, I probably won't show up to this either way. I just felt like since Yink brought it up I'd put my 2 cents in.
That's fine, if you can't make it, I'm sorry for the loss.

As for everyone else, I'd like to think you have time to make this, if not then I guess I just completely suck at setting up a tournament.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
K well if you live near or IA for that matter you could take a day off for the tourney taking some steam off couldn't hurt and like I said if you live in IA then it won't take much of your time since its probably an hour or so(if that) to the venue, but then again some people need as much study time as possible >.0

Now for the OoS is a different story since they will have to drive back then rest some after the trip only to go back to studieng, however like I mension before if your studies are giving you a headache come to the tourney and have some fun <(^.^<)

@Yink: You don't suck at setting tourneys since the venue was the one that forced you to switch dates if anything I suck since I wasn't able to get one by August T.T
However I still think your tourney will have a good turn out.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I didn't say I wasn't/didn't want to come because of finals. Lol

But you said since this is the 27th of November, finals were probably over for most people. Mine aren't till ~December 13thish, the same goes for many other schools. So I was just saying that most peoples won't be over yet.

Either way, I'm going to be here. It only takes a couple days of studying for finals if you pay attention throughout the year IMO.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
If find it really weird because like, we have mini-finals before Thanksgiving, so I think that's what I meant. X_X

But it's great if everyone can still go. The plus side for me at least is the venue took off 100 bucks because of all the moving around. So huzzah.

Also, will Melee win our side tournament? O:

Soran

Smash Ace
I don't mind Melee at all. I love that game for having no Metaknight. xD just kidding everybody. more characters the merrier.

But yeah, I can totally make this. My friend(my ride) actually is pretty hyped for this after I showed him. So you can count on my annoying self being there.

Btw I was watching the Apex Brawl stream. yeah, I saw Trent. that was BA. ONLY because I met him. not really. we didn't even get aquainted. well maybe because my lack in display of skill. it seems if you weren't good nobody cared. xD Well I was very underprepared and I did pretty well. EXCEPT for my last match against Yink. I'll have my revenge.

I can try to bring a TV. not sure though. I really hope I can get the TV. I can bring a wii and brawl for sure. even Melee.

I'm gonna start working on hax for my Wii. Unlimited/Tag/song switch hack. are those allowed for the tourney?

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Challenging money matches to...

$5 Razor/Pariah
$5 Joker
$5 Teh Future
$10 doubles to Joker/Razor against me and MJG
$10 doubles to PortCity/Mara against me and MJG (Diddy/TL dittos)

I'll add to this later...maybe.

I'm just assuming that Razor is coming to this btw.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeah I wanted Mario Party as well. For time's sake it might have to be 4, because we can do shorter turns.

Also, updating the front page.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
for god's sake, please let there be mario party
Yeah I wanted Mario Party as well. For time's sake it might have to be 4, because we can do shorter turns.

Also, updating the front page.
This. It doesn't even have to be a side event. Just have a set up with it running for everyone who gets knocked out early. Lmao...that way BOTH OF YOU CAN PLAY ON IT TOGETHER! DAAAAAAANG! Get rocked. (:

Lmfao. Yink. My name is 4rce. There's no "a."

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Challenging money matches to...

$5 Razor/Pariah
$5 Joker
$5 Teh Future
$10 doubles to Joker/Razor against me and MJG
$10 doubles to PortCity/Mara against me and MJG (Diddy/TL dittos)

I'll add to this later...maybe.

I'm just assuming that Razor is coming to this btw.
4rce, I want to MM you. Diddy vs D3. Get at me.

Honestly, I just want to play that MU a bit with you. Haha

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
4rce, I want to MM you. Diddy vs D3. Get at me.

Honestly, I just want to play that MU a bit with you. Haha
I accept. You name the price. And that sounds good, I don't get much D3 practice anymore so that sounds great.

^__^

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
"Mini-finals" ..as in midterms?

Sweet sweet sweet..i'll b more comp next time around =)
Basically, I mean I have some exams before Thanksgiving but I don't think I'd quite call it a midterm. X_X

And, don't freak out Jay, Melee is winning right now haha.

Soran

Smash Ace
I <3 Melee. but Brawl is my forte simply because I never got much practice with melee. just with my buddies. But yeah, Melee duuuu!!!!!

Just because Marth is awesomest in Melee

resTy

Smash Champion
I'll money match anybody here in Melee assuming Melee wins and I go.
Imma scrub so it's easy money for you. Takers?

Juiceington

Smash Rookie
Finals for me would be coming up in mid december, so late november is out of the question. Idk what kinda crazy *** schedule iowa is on, but finals is never over before november. Ever.
debolt you should come to this and stay at my place, i can probably house a couple people if you want to bring some peoples

edit: and if anyone ever wants to play melee in iowa city im game

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
FYI guys I may not be able to house people for this tourney because of the thunder storms my sisters place got ruin and they are staying with us. We may get things fix by then since is not till late Nov but only time will tell, I'll keep you guys updated.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
debolt you should come to this and stay at my place, i can probably house a couple people if you want to bring some peoples

edit: and if anyone ever wants to play melee in iowa city im game
You make a tempting offer sir. I will see once it gets closer to the actual date.

Teh Future

Smash Master
however like I mension .
LOL

$5 Teh Future
ok, it has to be before mario party though lol

FYI guys I may not be able to house people for this tourney because of the thunder storms my sisters place got ruin and they are staying with us. We may get things fix by then since is not till late Nov but only time will tell, I'll keep you guys updated.
D: ummm that sucks but MO def needs some housing calling dibs wherever there is room! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom