• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brainshock α (Alpha)

What should our Side Tournament be?

• Mario Party 2 or 4

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Super Smash Brothers Melee

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • Brawl Minus

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'd love another setup and Melee. I don't know if we'll be needing anymore setups, I really don't think we will after yours Scythe.

And wtf, the date on the OP disappeared? That's weird.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Aside from space issues, you can never have too many setups. Even if used just for friendlies, the more setups you have, the smoother everything goes it seems like.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
My housing can't do it anymore >.<. Does anyone want to house one person lol. It's probably going to just be me in my car. Help someone out doing a solo 4 1/2 drive <3 and a 6 1/2 hour return drive <3.
so I don't think I've talked to you but I thought we were carpooling xD

we'll talk on AIM sometime soon >:O

gantrain05

Smash Master
i suck at every tekken aside from tekkan 2, lets play that instead. but im still gonna **** in CTR if ur still bringin it rob.

Soran

Smash Ace
what is CTR? I'll throw down in some Tekken Tag : P

I'll own everybody. Seeing as the last time I played it was in the fourth grade. I never got reasonably good aside from the fact I owned the computers. Even the super hard missions! ; D

That game got ridiculous though. I've done Jin's 10 Hit combo in Tekken 6; no applause necessary.

napZzz

Smash Hero
what is CTR? I'll throw down in some Tekken Tag : P

I'll own everybody. Seeing as the last time I played it was in the fourth grade. I never got reasonably good aside from the fact I owned the computers. Even the super hard missions! ; D

That game got ridiculous though. I've done Jin's 10 Hit combo in Tekken 6; no applause necessary.
so much rage

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Ok guys, this is a week away now so I'm going to explain how parking works at the venue (with this diagram that I hope is ok):

First off, the red circled area is where everybody should try to park. This lot uses meters so if you have quarters use them up (if not I'll try to get as many quarters as possible). The meters in the back rows are 10 hour parking and Iowa City stops checking the meters after 5 PM (so then after 5, you don't have to pay).

That's how parking works. THEN as you can see I showed where you enter, and the elevator. Use it, it'll make life easier. It's right next to some stairs...but if you use the elevator it literally gets you right up to the venue room. You can go in if you take a right from the elevator.

If there's any questions on this PLEASE ask.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Who all needs a teammate? I'm looking for someone to get 1st with :).

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Jayford, are you ready for Mega Man 3? I haven't played MM3 in a long while so you have a chance...

I'd enter teams if someone wants to team with a Wolf.

Jayford

Smash Lord
so I don't think I've talked to you but I thought we were carpooling xD

we'll talk on AIM sometime soon >:O
I think I'm riding separate. I am like 4 hours away from Jake because I am leaving from NW Indiana. Then I am going back to Purdue after the tournament so the riding situation is kind of weird >.>. Also, I still need housing lol. Can anyone help me out?

Rob: Your gonna rock me lol. I haven't played Megaman 3 for like 4 months lol. Smash is like the only thing I have played this semester because school owning me. 4-5 hours of homework a night suuuuuuucks </3

Kuares

Pizza
I think I'm riding separate. I am like 4 hours away from Jake because I am leaving from NW Indiana. Then I am going back to Purdue after the tournament so the riding situation is kind of weird >.>. Also, I still need housing lol. Can anyone help me?
I can probably get you something if you really need housing. I can ask one of my CR/Marion friends if they have space. If I really need to, you can go to my house(so many people...). I'll send you a PM later.

Is really no one else housing???

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I think I'm riding separate. I am like 4 hours away from Jake because I am leaving from NW Indiana. Then I am going back to Purdue after the tournament so the riding situation is kind of weird >.>. Also, I still need housing lol. Can anyone help me out?

Rob: Your gonna rock me lol. I haven't played Megaman 3 for like 4 months lol. Smash is like the only thing I have played this semester because school owning me. 4-5 hours of homework a night suuuuuuucks </3
You should've been asking awhile ago lol. Kuares kinda has a lot on his plate...

Kuares, if you really can get someone to do that that's really nice of you. I'll be so grateful. ;_;

Triple R

Smash Lord
Wow this is getting so close already. 6 more days!

So what happens if a Kirby swallowcides someone on both of their last stocks and they die at the same time? I'm only asking cause, you know, kirbycide is the answer!

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
"Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners."
Ganoncide on the last stock only goes to sudden death about 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, Ganon straight up loses. The game seems to decide this arbitrarily, because it has nothing do with controller port or anything.

So if Ganon ganoncides to end the match, but the game says he loses instead of going to sudden death, does Ganon still win the game? Or does he lose because the game didn't arbitrarily decide to go to sudden death?

Just curious, because there have been confusions in the past due to unclear wording of this rule.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Ganoncide on the last stock only goes to sudden death about 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, Ganon straight up loses. The game seems to decide this arbitrarily, because it has nothing do with controller port or anything.

So if Ganon ganoncides to end the match, but the game says he loses instead of going to sudden death, does Ganon still win the game? Or does he lose because the game didn't arbitrarily decide to go to sudden death?

Just curious, because there have been confusions in the past due to unclear wording of this rule.
In other words. Everybody stay on stage...

xD

gantrain05

Smash Master
i would have to say it would be a win for ganon, i don't see how its fair if DDD, kirby, and bowser can all suicide and auto win but ganon can't.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Tell that to the BBR... this is their rule:

The BBR now recommends that the game's verdict should always be honored; a victory screen should decide the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
So ********.

@4rce - XD

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer

I'm pretty sure me, Asdioh, and whoever else comes with us are just gonna get a motel if you wanna go in on it with us.

So we have to park at the giant ruler?

Gannonnonnonnonono
Stop playing a stage hazard and play a character. :colorful:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Tell that to the BBR... this is their rule:

The BBR now recommends that the game's verdict should always be honored; a victory screen should decide the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
So ********.
Take your complaints here. But since it has been canceled this Wednesday, you'll have to wait until next Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom