• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I'm stuck playing with a gamepad since I don't have an adaptor for gamecube. When I watched the video on how doing a perfect pivot, I wanted to try it on the gamepad. I found a way to do it REALLY easily but it could only work on the gamepad. So I'm just perfect pivoting through fd with falcon in a few seconds, so funny. I'll test a little bit more but my gamepad has no battery so I'm charging it for the moment. What I do is I put my right joystick to special and my r button to special too. Once I do a special move with my r button, I keep the button hold. After, I only need to press on my left joy stick a direction and on my right joystick the opposite direction fast and its doing a perfect pivot really easily. I don't do a special with my right joystick since my special is still holding due to the other button. I can't do special moves while doing this but If I really need to. I just stop holding my r button and press it again for my special move. So, I still have access to my special moves.

I want to test it more to see if I can be comfortable on this manner. I guess it could work on the gc controller too, the only problem I see its the distance between the c-stick and the other button. But I guess I can be wrong, unfortunately I can't test.

B!squick

Smash Master
Didn't know about this AD cancel thing. Seems like Bowser's best approach. How punishable is the AD when doing this? Because it looks like we have a guaranteed Fortress or Klaw (50/50 chance of landing one or the other if they don't move). Can Bowser in general do this when landing or does it have to be a SH?

EDIT: Decided to answer my own question. If you can, the timing is really tight. I couldn't get it to work.

Also, went into For Glory mode for some reason. Easily the worst piece of **** excuse of online I've seen in any game. Ever. EVER. If I had the means and the money I'd probably have traded the game in just now. Good god. I'd much rather play BF3 on PC and that game freezes irrevocably after only a few minutes. Holy ****.

Is there a way to set up a filter on SmashBoards to hide topics and posts containing "for glory" and "fg"?

Holy ****, I'm so ****ing mad right now......

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sounds like we'll finally meet at Apex, Ali G!

Jay, to do the ADC you'll need to airdodge immediately after the shorthop. I couldn't get it for the longest time but this morning I started using L to AD (I press X to SH), and it's insanely easier than messing with R or Z for me.

Gonna be playing around more with this. As great as ADC Fortress is, crossing up with ADC reverse Klaw is pretty amazing...and ADC Bowser Bomb is so crazy that it just might work. It's funky because even though Bowser's feet don't touch the ground he still does the grounded Bomb. Could be a nifty way to get surprising/unexpected shield breaks.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, ADC FB is worthless. Wish it was like the FB Cancel in Melee. :(

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
it's all good. it's all about B - reversing firebreath anyway.

at some point during this weekend, I'll change my name since Apex is coming up and I'll be entering as Cassius anyway. Changed my youtube name too. RIP

(call me whatever you want though, guys.)

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Also, went into For Glory mode for some reason. Easily the worst piece of **** excuse of online I've seen in any game. Ever. EVER. If I had the means and the money I'd probably have traded the game in just now. Good god. I'd much rather play BF3 on PC and that game freezes irrevocably after only a few minutes. Holy ****.
Yes, I am not impressed either. I'll stick to offline.. again.

By the way, I've had casuals over twice this week now, and Bowser's hella fun in 8-man smash, especially with items on.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Angry Dragon Turtle is so good in this game.

I'm pretty sure no introductions are necessary since everyone knows who i am ;)

No seriously, I was that one guy--

From Brawl.

I got 36th place at that reigonal tournament...

Anyways

Hi Bowser Boards... I'm... that one guy :facepalm:

:006:

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
bowser bomb cant be DI'd out of 95% of the time so I am going to tentatively say that its a good move.

edit: hi xiroey

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Oh yes, and the next game against the same guy I killed him by breaking his shield so he fell offstage three times. ;)

EXST

Smash Rookie
So is it you and Exist over there playing Bowser? (Or are you the same person?)

Also, who all's going to Apex?
Actually, I'm Exist ^^ I'll be at Apex too, so we should get some dittos in. Sorry for the late reply - don't come on here much ^^"

TheGreatShal

Smash Cadet
Don't you just hate those days where you're just... really bad?

I'm having one of those days, and it's really making me mad. I've lost almost every single game..

B!squick

Smash Master
Oh wow really? Guessing you play with people on your friends list or just offline stuff?
It's a combination of hating the online and not actually playing the game, lol. I wouldn't be opposed to playing someone from my friend's list but I haven't actually added anyone yet. And I remember it being laggy on the 3DS even with people a few miles away so maybe I would be opposed to that. :S

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I never put video on youtube but I wish to so soon to show a few things for bowser in a close future but I never did that. What I need to bring video from my wii U to youtube ? Do I need a program on my computer ?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It's a combination of hating the online and not actually playing the game, lol. I wouldn't be opposed to playing someone from my friend's list but I haven't actually added anyone yet. And I remember it being laggy on the 3DS even with people a few miles away so maybe I would be opposed to that. :S
You should get some better internet!

B!squick

Smash Master
Internet doesn't get any better than what I presently have. You're welcome to buy me a T1 connection or whatever the highend connection is they have these days.

rekt

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-9141-7498
Ha. You can do the same thing to Pac Man.
Was too tired to react properly, but it would have been something like LOLOLOLOL.

Also: Obligatory "I just played For Glory and I want Nintendo to give me my money back" post. How the HELL can they make online THAT sloppy? I got a better connection from my 3DS than I do with my WiiU! WTF Nintendo?

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Merry Christmas to all my Bowser bros! Hope you all have a great one.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Did you guys fix the MTU value in your 3DS connection settings? That one had me in a loop 'till I figured it out

rekt

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-9141-7498
Obligitory
Did you guys fix the MTU value in your 3DS connection settings? That one had me in a loop 'till I figured it out
No my 3DS connection is better than the WiiU connection haha. I don't have a problem playing on my 3DS.

So what's aggravating for me is that the people I played online I should have been able to beat, but when I have a good .5 sec delay with my actions, I can't land anything. I played a good MK but then I played this Capt Fakkin that was absolutely awful. All he did was dash attack, but I can't punish properly because shield grabbing doesn't work when you have a random amount of lag. UGH.

Also, Merry Christmas to you too, @ Zigsta Zigsta ! Hope you have a good one!

Last edited:

rekt

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-9141-7498
I never played Brawl-fi. I'm comparing the experience to the experience I've had with CoD, TF2, or any other Steam game, and compared to those it's deplorable. I really hope Nintendo can figure this out for other games or next generation. Ideally they should have figured this out with the Wiivolution.

Last edited:

Steam

Smash Hero
Ironically, I never use my steam account. (I got it so I could buy divekick, haven't used it for anything else)

Top Bottom