• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bowser's Castle

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, I guess you're right. Get good, noob. Stop letting your USmash get beat by Splash. :)

On a side note, why does Diddy get to be the only character with Throw follow ups? I want my grab releases back, Supper-pie.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Am I missing something? There's a video of chad that no one is linking?

B!squick

Smash Master
I thought everyone stalked the Hawaiian esports scene.

Also, all parts of that tourny are worth watching. If Smash was the Matrix, everyone in Hawaii would be Neo.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Now that I look at it, Yasha was showing too much respect there, so it might have been possible to flamebreath at that moment if you didn't want to bother with klaw. Otherwise, the timing was only slightly off for initiating the klaw and it was an excellent call.

Steam

Smash Hero
Diddy is the only one I've seen able to follow up at kill percents though. DThrow 2 UAir 4 daze.
Lucario can Uthrow -> Uair for kills sub 100%. heavily dependent on character and both character% though and it's extremely frame tight.

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
@ B!squick B!squick I use a Mii Brawler while messing around with my friends (it's based off a well known D&D character in my group, so it sees a lot of use). Assuming you're using the lil mac up b variant, you've got a better kill setup than ZSS after a dthrow.

B!squick

Smash Master
Good to know Bowser is balanced now, right fellas? Make sure you memorize that list of stages you'll get Sudden Death on from Bowsercides 'cause that **** is working as intended apparently.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Does anyone know if there's a video of the airdodge cancel? I'll have a bit of time to practice this week and would totally love to dedicate some time to mastering this.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Been using Bowser some on For Glory. He's such a fun character. Love all of his animations.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A stupid fix

I noticed something really, really... I don't know if it's good or bad. Personally I hate it, though.
In Smash 3DS, when you turned around with Bowser, he'd do this really silly thing with his hands/palms - well, it looks really effeminate in a fun way.
I often used it repeatedly as a taunt after KO'ing somebody.
However, they REMOVED it in the WiiU Version. Whuuut?!

Last edited:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Back in Brawl I would Koopa Hop nair as a "taunt," and some Texas players called it the Zigsta Taunt.

Then Sakurai took out Koopa Hopping and Brawl nair. </3

B!squick

Smash Master
Even factoring in my lack of human opponents, I got bored of this game REALLY fast. It's almost like all that tech made the game less stale or something.

Nintendo, free advice. Lose the bubble you exist in and be less terrible maybe?

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
Yo, guys, keep your eyes open for Le Troof from yesterday's Xanadu Tuesday. He beat Boss' Luigi in the first set and is a monster.

Last edited:

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
@ Hitman JT Hitman JT Still, it's a great showing. I'm looking forward to even better things in the future as the reads get tighter and the spacing even more absurd. It's great seeing most of the followups covered in the moveset thread (@ J Jerodak ) in action. RIP reverse b, tho. Dunno what happened there. Controller mishap?

We also need Lucario and more Luigi in the matchup thread. I have no good Lucario in my immediate circle and I lose too one-sidedly to Luigi to come up with anything new. One mistake -> Shoryuken -> game.

Last edited:

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I just BNF'd and took a fiery fist up the ass for it. Against Junebug I just let myself get frustrated at always being like 1 frame too late to punish his rolls. I let him get away with too many side Bs as well

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I'm going. I asked David if he was going but apparently he works on Friday, so RIP.

Last edited:

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Does anyone know if there's a video of the airdodge cancel? I'll have a bit of time to practice this week and would totally love to dedicate some time to mastering this.
If you're talking about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmDkNkNPWYY it's actually pretty easy, just pretend you're doing rising Fair with your airdodge instead then do any special you want when you land.

Top Bottom