• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boswer has infinite jumps! Gimpy is officially broken!

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
[X] Bowser

[X] Toon Link

[X] Fox

[X] Falco

[X] Ice climbers

I guess what GAWes said about Brawl being more character tech based ,rather then universal tech based, is turning out to be right.
Quick! Someone find something like this with Ike!

Edit: These come in fast...
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144093
Only a matter of time now.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I still say Klaw Hopping
On another note: 2007 makes a point. Even if this is perfected, it will find some fluke. Like how hard it is to pull off the infishine in Melee. I say Pikmin and Olimar will own this.
Or at least make it less useful.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
[X] Bowser

[X] Toon Link

[X] Fox

[X] Falco

[X] Peach

I guess what GAWes said about Brawl being more character tech based ,rather then universal tech based, is turning out to be right.
Quick! Someone find something like this with Ike!
Peach? What's so broken about her besides the ability to float and such?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
@Blot
Its better than "Inf. Jumps using Koopa Klaw Cancel" aint it?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
This is why all glitches should be banned from competitive play.
This is why nubs don't decide what gets banned.

This is looking to be a very useful tactic for bowser... probably make it up to high tier with this now. But unless it ends up being even more broken than we think, it will be by no means necessary to ban it.

Pengie

Smash Lord
I didn't know Koopas and Pokemon could cross breed. With Bowsercides and infinite jumps Bowser seems to be a broken character.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Peach? What's so broken about her besides the ability to float and such?
Her Gliding Toss.
While anyone can do it, but I'm assuming with items off.

Diddy can do it too with the bananas, but your right it's not that broken. Yet.

Edit time...

Lithos

Smash Cadet
@Blot
Its better than "Inf. Jumps using Koopa Klaw Cancel" aint it?
I don't remember anyone suggesting that...

There are better names than "Klaw Hopping" too. I'd say just give it a rest, if people like the name then it'll catch on. No use forcing it upon everyone.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
klaw jump cancel

thats what this is, the end.
Sounds like you use the Koopa Klaw to Cancel a Jump
sounds Like wavedashing, cept with a Koopa Klaw.
Therefor, name failure.
And then everyone will complain and kill you
*closes book*
The end of your story

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Jesus you even put it in your sig...

What's the name even matter, no one thinks of the name creator when you say a AT anyway.

Are you even a Bowser main Ulti?

Lithos

Smash Cadet
Therefor, name failure.
N00bs will think like I just did.
*closes book*
The end
I hope you're not serious... :ohwell:

Where's that Epic Failure GIF when we need it...

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Therefor, name failure.
*closes book*
The end of your story
Wrong. Sounds like canceling the Koopa Klaw WITH a jump, WHICH IS WHAT IT IS!
Give it a rest, man.

How is this particularly useful?
In a word: mind games. Well that's 2 words.....
Just read the thread.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Someone stop me before I hurt UltiMario....

Gimpy is broken! What will we do!?

Bowser is now god tier!1

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
@Xengri:
I split it between Mario and Bowser. I'm pretty Good with Bowser. I know all the goods that Bowser can do. One of the Main reasons I subsrcibed to Gimpy on Youtube. Watch Bowser Ownage.
Plus, I had a monstrocity of a Banner in my sig, and I needed something to override it. So until I find something better....
:p

BIG C

Smash Master
did testing just now stops working off level sorry bowser recovery is not too good. and makes me think such a thing was planned in development if he has infinite jumps above the stage but not while hovering over " the abyss"

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Okay, this is a great technique, but on the scale of brokenness, it's pretty low. From my understanding, Bowser needs to cancel before he lands, so it's not like he can just do this out to the kill line and back with some WoP. This just gives bowser an option that other characters don't have, and makes him a better character, IMO. Good on him.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I got the perfect name now!
"The inf. jumps with Bowser's Koopa Klaw Cancel that people want to name so badly that we cannot finalize the name so we are just calling this"
See, everyone wins!

Rsflone

Smash Cadet
forget recovery don't u see what this will do to bowsers air game not to mention with some of these stages he can bounce around Fairing and Bairing and even Uairing all freakin day and if ya get to close he'll just klaw u ohh the tricks

Kira.

Smash Rookie
As kool as this looks, i still think once brawl comes out this glitch will become seemingly useless. He's jumping too high for it to be as useful as a shorthop and the fact that its a cancel means that to hit someone with it you have to not try to cancel. (or at least i would assume) Therefore missing a hit with the claw would result in hitting the ground and having full lag when you hit the ground. Sure its really neat, and i could see it being useful for a speedy retreat if your about to get a marth tipper in the face from a jump attack gone wrong, but it just seems like this is more razzmatazz than a really useful technique. If used against an actual person rather than a peach just standing there doing nothing, im assuming this klaw jump cancel wont be useful. To all the flamers out there they may jump me for not thinking this will be a broken move that makes bowser god tier, im just saying what i think after watching the video. For all i know this COULD be a crazy technique, but from what i see this isn't going to be for bowser what wobbling was for IC. This looks like a fun little move and nothing more.

Burumage

Smash Cadet
Wow, this is great :psycho:

I dont think think this is enough to ban bowser though, but it definitely pushes him up a few dozen notches

wakka444

Smash Ace
No problem lithos lol, on a serious note i think the easiest thing to compare this too is samus' superwavedash which is a much harder technique that is almost useless except in certain situations but given to the right person near anything is possible not to mention fun to watch. I seriously doubt many Bowsers will focus their entire strategy around this, but will find effective uses that will directly result in boosting bowser as a character.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
As kool as this looks, i still think once brawl comes out this glitch will become seemingly useless. He's jumping too high for it to be as useful as a shorthop and the fact that its a cancel means that to hit someone with it you have to not try to cancel. (or at least i would assume) Therefore missing a hit with the claw would result in hitting the ground and having full lag when you hit the ground. Sure its really neat, and i could see it being useful for a speedy retreat if your about to get a marth tipper in the face from a jump attack gone wrong, but it just seems like this is more razzmatazz than a really useful technique. If used against an actual person rather than a peach just standing there doing nothing, im assuming this klaw jump cancel wont be useful. To all the flamers out there they may jump me for not thinking this will be a broken move that makes bowser god tier, im just saying what i think after watching the video. For all i know this COULD be a crazy technique, but from what i see this isn't going to be for bowser what wobbling was for IC. This looks like a fun little move and nothing more.
I agree that We will have to wait and see this used to really determine whether it will prove to be a meaningful technique, but I like to see the cup half full, and this tech seems to have lots of application.

Top Bottom