• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boswer has infinite jumps! Gimpy is officially broken!

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
Bowsers doin' the Mario
Do the Mario!
Swing your arms from side to side.
Come on, it's time to go. Do the Mario!
Take one step, and then again.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!
You got it! It's the Mario! Do the Mario!

Swing your arms from side to side.
Come on, it's time to go. Do the Mario!
Take one step, and then again.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!
Come on now. Just like that!

On Topic:

Don't get too excited, kids. I'd bet this is either not in the North American version or far less useful than you're all thinking it is.

FYI, I'm partial to calling it the Bowser Bounce.

lazychi

Smash Cadet
I think this is a great tech. for improving his air game. He could chase someone in the air after hitting them up and keep the pressure in the air. Although im not entirely sure how good it'll be when theyre knocked out the stage

RayLewis08

Smash Rookie
This is basically an L cancel for bowser that requires him to use a certain move before hitting the ground. It isn't anything amazing. You actually land there is no lag on the next jump.

trevbang

Smash Cadet
That doesn't look like much of a glitch to me. It seems like it just eliminates landing lag. The fact that it only works over ground makes me think it was intended.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
This is basically an L cancel for bowser that requires him to use a certain move before hitting the ground. It isn't anything amazing. You actually land there is no lag on the next jump.
Yea but that is predictable. This isn't. Your opponent has no clue what you're going to do when you jump now.

You could just land, or you could use an air move, or you could use just a claw, or you could jump cancel the claw into just another jump, or you could jump cancel a claw into an air move, or you could jump cancel the claw into another claw, then you could jump cancel that into....

Do you see where I'm going with this? This gives you lots of attack options, not to mention that it is a faster way of covering ground for Bowser..

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Haha, so now we have a semi-broken Bowser. Klaw Hopping could very well revolutionize his entire playstyle.

Kira.

Smash Rookie
Oh don't get me wrong, i like seeing the glass half full as well. I'm hoping this makes bowser powerful enough to contend with the big boys (marth, falco, fox) but i also dont want this to make bowser banned, or make it so that you only see bowser v bowser matches at all the tourney's. I really dont think that will happen though. I see this just as wakka444 said. Similar to samus superwavedash. Sure its nice and there are without a doubt situations where it comes in handy, but i think we can all agree in saying samus in melle wasnt broken at all.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
i think gimpy ended the naming discussion soooo klaw jump canceling it is and you guys can stop trying to name it.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Wait, I thought it was Klaw Hopping? I'm confused now. Who named this thing anyways?

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Personally, I think Klaw Hopping is a cool name for it. Though I kind of hope it either gets patched out or isn't broken/overpowered.

drengist

Smash Journeyman
That looks silly :) but I guess it's useful. Bowser is really interesting character.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Man Gimpyfish, please stop these people from associating you with Bowser. It's even worse than everyone associating Marth with Nekromancer (better known as Ken). Only you can prevent it.

As someone looking forward to plenty of time with Bowser, I like the way this looks. It doesn't really seem to add a ton to his ground game, but it makes him just a bit more agile when jumping back and forth, which Bowser can definitely use. It's not like he's canceling the huge lag off of landing in the middle of a down or back air, though.

Also, does everyone really need to keep labeling things that are a bit out of the ordinary as "glitches"? A real glitch is libel to make the game crash or freeze....this isn't even close.

Xgamer245

Smash Cadet
I was really worried that there might be a broken character showing its colors but then I was that it can't be used as a recovery move....

Chrnocide

Smash Apprentice
Doubt this will have any effect on tournies..

even with mindgames, putting this to proper use while worrying about an enemy can't be that simple.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's necessarily broken, since it seems to be counterable...

Kryian

Smash Journeyman
Looks like the best and most viable use for this would be to always cover a jump-in Kooplex. If you jump at someone and get them, great. If you jump at someone and miss you can always jump away and cover yourself. Just have to hope that someone fast doesn't jump up and crush you during that second jump (Bowser doesn't have any good air moves that cover ground below him, so he WILL get owned from below).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know it's already been given a name, but from here on out I'm calling it the Wall of Klaw.

It rolls off my tongue so well.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
well it may seem rather pointless now but I feel in the future it might turn out be a very vital move for Bowser users.

I wonder how the programmers could have missed this though. The last errors in the game dealt in a combination of attacking and short jumping. Sakurai purposelly brought shorthopping back so obviously he should have known to keep an eye on attack/ jump mechanics to make sure something like this doesn't happen. Oh well

Kiden4911

Smash Rookie
I gotta agree with a lot of people here, while this looks cool I can't see any practical use of it. Any decent air attacks would destroy him while he'd doing this.

erdrick9024

Smash Cadet
Increased movement ability at the cost of possibly becoming patterned and predictable? Sounds neither broken nor useless, but it at least gives Bowser more options, which is never a bad thing.

As for naming it, I say call the base technique a Klaw jump cancel or a Klaw-cancelled jump, since that's what it is. However, I wouldn't object to the battle strategy of using it repeatedly being called Bowser Hopping, as a play on bunny hopping from various FPSes.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
This is very cool. I can't wait to see how this effects Bowser's metagame. What a versatile technique.

If you think that this is completely useless, you probably haven't played a lot of competitive smash. It may prove difficult to use effectively, but I have no doubt that Bowser mains will find some very useful applications.

Top Bottom