• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boswer has infinite jumps! Gimpy is officially broken!

SHUCKLE MAN

Smash Cadet
Bowser is the last person I'd've expected to see 'infinite jump'. Hopefully this will improve him a bit.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I'm thinking it has to be in the NA version, they're all printed already, right?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Wow this game might actually be more broken than melee
And its nice seeing Bowser get a nice trick, albiet a not very useful one, and not Fox and his infinite amount of clones for once. But i guess this could be used in a wall os pain sort of way, maybe the Klaw of Pain >.>

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty weird, and I wonder if the NTSC U version will still have this. It should give Bowser a little competitive edge, but I don't see it as too game breaking right now since you can only do it on stage.

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-BaXF-xB8M

I think this technique is more of a L-Cancel. Notice at 4:13 how bowser almost immediately does his f-tilt after he lands his koopa klaw.
It does sort of look like an L-cancel, but I'd think if you had enough time to do a side-b before you land you wouldn't have any landing lag anyways. It cancels landing frames, but thats about it. Maybe if you could deal damage and cancel lag, but so far that doesn't seem viable since its a grab.

I'm sure it'll be useful, but not for comboing like I thought it would be. Kind of a shame...

CasshernDGZ

Smash Journeyman
That's a great addition, Brawl seems to be getting better and better each day, considering that now one of the heaviest characters in the game can gain some serious speed. Good shiz yo.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
All these glitches and infinites are a scam to get you to buy version 1.1 of Brawl. That's also why the Wii system memory is so small (so you can't just download a patch).

:/

Knight-errant

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a bowser player, but anything that makes any character better makes me happy. :) The more tournament-win-worthy characters the better.

wakka444

Smash Ace
Ummm they cant have different versions of brawl because they ALL need to be compatible on the wifi, chances are in 3 years you will still buy Brawl 1.1 unless nintendo starts patching games with the wiis tiny memory

S2

Smash Lord
Well a patch probably isn't going to take up all that much space I'd imagine. Given that they fixed Melee with multiple versions, it wouldn not surprise me if Brawl gets patched.

Heck, Nintendo has patched Wii channels, so why not a game? They don't even have to say that they are fixing glitches, they could just call it an "upgrade to play worldwide".

Also, the youtube link isn't working right now. Anyone want to reload it?

Lompta

Smash Rookie
Hey, does anybody with the Japanese version know by chance how exactly to do this? I don't have it yet, but I must say I'm curious how hard it is to pull off.

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
Yeah, any videos of Gimpy beating Ken, Isai, PC Chris, Mew2King, etc on a consistent basis?

Anyone who played Bowser in Melee can use buffs.

ThE SAiNT

Smash Cadet
Yes! I am happy to see that advanced techniques are starting to be found in Brawl. There will be a new WD type thing found soon...hopefully

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Uh, I think that was just a jump after he landed...

Also, it dawned on me yesterday, if we're going for something comical, then this should definitely be called "Klapping" (Klaw + hopping).

S2

Smash Lord
So what...

they take out neutral B canceling upon landing and add in this...

I'm wondering if they will fix this for the US release. Oh well, Bowser could use any advantage. For such a cool character, it sucked that he was the worst character in Melee.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Actually, missile canceling and short hop laser-ing (with the cancel effect) are still in. They just weren't in the demos I guess.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
haha thats crazy.
Thats like C.Falcon's vB jump trick on powerthirst.
lol I hope its fixed.

Boswer has infinite jumps! Gimpy is officially broken!
Gimpy was already broken ^ ~

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i just recorded a lot of match videos with me having fun using this technique hahaha stay tuned and keep an eye on my youtube (subscribe if you haven't!)

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
So gimpy do you think bowser is a force to be reckoned with in brawl? Not including this technique(it may or may not be patched later on) Do you think he is an overall better character?

Mama

Smash Ace
Lol. That is hilarious. I don't even plan on using Bowser but thats awesome. Bowser for top tier. He deserves it (all villains do)

EDIT : Klaw Jump Cancel is a good name for it. If its not in the english release that'd be pretty weak though.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
It doesn't seem THAT useful, but who knows.

No offense to Gimpy, but does every mention of Bowser have to be about him? Such as having his name in the title.

Mama

Smash Ace
It doesn't seem THAT useful, but who knows.

No offense to Gimpy, but does every mention of Bowser have to be about him? Such as having his name in the title.
Stay around the boards long enough and eventually you'll wind up thinking of gimpy every time you think of Bowser. He's the best Bowser in SoCal I believe as well as a mod and probably the most out spoken Bowser fan on the boards.

Top Bottom