• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boswer has infinite jumps! Gimpy is officially broken!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
LOL You can call it what you want, but it will be up to the competitive Bowser players like Gimpy to decide methinks.
Can Gimpy think of anything better?
Maybe
But still, I will Call it Klaw Hopping

User33

Smash Journeyman
I think that I should get credit for this. I'll call it "User- Hopping"

Lithos

Smash Cadet
Haha that's awesome. Opens a whole new realm of mindgames for Bowser. XD

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Brawl is Broken. XD~
Every character is getting something lol.
Thats so cute ♥
I know just what you mean man.

Falco has infinite laser lock.
Fox has infinite shine lock.
Toon Link has broken instant kill down smash from 0%.
Snake can stick people with his C4 (not broken I know lol)

And now this s***! What's next?! Brawl might end up more broken than Melee!

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I don't know but the thought of Bowser hopping around like that no matter the reason for it makes me want to smile. :D

It should be a nice advanced tactic for Bowser. He'll take it up a notch for sure.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Fox's quick shine, Falco's blaster ****, now Bowser has infinite jumps. It's only a matter of time before we find a "broken" technique for every character putting them all back on an even playing field.
When were they ever not on the playing field? I hope you're not suggesting that Brawl is unplayable competitively speaking without broken techniques.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
New War:
Disputing the name of a simple inf. Jump technique for Bowser.
Wait, this isnt simple.
Its Like L-Cancelling
Cept Better
Klaw Hopping
since he did say Short Hop, and it needs the Koopa Klaw
Yea

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Fox's quick shine, Falco's blaster ****, now Bowser has infinite jumps. It's only a matter of time before we find a "broken" technique for every character putting them all back on an even playing field.

I guess you could call this balancing the gameplay, huh?
LOL same thing I was thinking. Balancing the game in brokenness. Just how I like it

I think that I should get credit for this. I'll call it "User- Hopping"
Please give it a rest.

Gimpy-gimping?
LOL there's already a "technique" named that. Watch that video that Gimpy says is "the best Brawl match ever". Basically, it's Bowsercide. But Gimpy uses it to great effect in that video.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
lol, this is funny. Exploitation ftw! I'd like to see what people do with this.

(I have to wonder why people have to leave two letters off of "lag" for this "l-canceling"... lazy much? But anyway, that's off topic)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Do we need to make a Poll for this?
We just might.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
such a shame half these glitchs probably aren't even in the U.S version and forget the PAL version there SOL there.
The NA version is done, reviewers already have their hands on it. It can't be changed at this point. The only reason we're not playing it yet is because they want time to advertise and make more copies.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
such a shame half these glitchs probably aren't even in the U.S version and forget the PAL version there SOL there.
I don't know man. I'm not sure how they could change any actual gameplay mechanics between regions considering that you can wifi play between all of them.

Also, HAHA this is amazing, this is going to get Bowser a lot of play time I think. It's seriously awesome, it's like instead of ubiquitous techniques that apply to every character now everyone has some weird glitchy **** only they can do. :laugh: It's seriously insane how he can continuously throw out an aerial every time he Gimpyfishes.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Boozer cute? Boozer broken :( Wow that's amazing. And I haven't used broken to describe a single technique yet.
Except laser locking since seriously what the hell.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I know just what you mean man.

Falco has infinite laser lock.
Fox has infinite shine lock.
Toon Link has broken instant kill down smash from 0%.
Snake can stick people with his C4 (not broken I know lol)

And now this s***! What's next?! Brawl might end up more broken than Melee!
what's this about toon link? you got a video?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
When were they ever not on the playing field? I hope you're not suggesting that Brawl is unplayable competitively speaking without broken techniques.
He said EVEN playing field. This EVENS the playing field theoretically by making everyone equally broken.

CALL IT GIMPYFISHING AMIRITE? lol
just playin XD
ROFL. It might just end up being called that if it becomes like your new signature move or something.

This might sound like me a being a noob but , was L Canceling ever mentioned in Brawl and would that have anything to do with this?
L-canceling is out of Brawl and this isn't L-cancel actually. In l-cancel, you cancel thelag of an aerial move as you hit the ground, but in this technique you cancel the attacking frames of the claw before even hitting the ground AND you get a free mid-air jump. This might be more useful than l-cancel.

Holy **** on a **** sandwich.
That's pretty **** broken. Hopefully the North American version doesn't have this in.
:
I actually hope it stays. I like broken stuff.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
The NA version is done, reviewers already have their hands on it. It can't be changed at this point. The only reason we're not playing it yet is because they want time to advertise and make more copies.
Just cause it done doesn't mean it can't be changed and they could have founds these between when they first release the Japanese version and now, plenty of time to fix also melee has like 4 versions, but someone after you brought up a good point that the game needs to be the same for everyone, to work, not sure this might just but a client side and maybe on the Japanese can use the move O_O

Top Bottom