• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boswer has infinite jumps! Gimpy is officially broken!

Kira.

Smash Rookie
Is he invincible once he starts it or something? I understand this being a useful technique, but as long as using it to stall is banned from tourney's is it really THAT powerful. Recovery will be great but its not like there arent other characters that only die on the sides or up top (peach)

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I think you need to cool it and stop stressing the name so much.

I thought Toon Link's KO move was proven as a DI fluke.
it's plausible yeah, but nonetheless it still factors out as chancing to be an instant kill.

i mean, it all runs down to how it's executed, yeah?

may do some damage, may instant kill.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Bowser deserves to be broken. He got pummeled enough in Melee, so Brawl's his time to shine.

Nuvia

Smash Ace
It is but it just goes to show you that there will always be glitches no matter how ideal sakurai's dream world is and how much he wants to keep us down
You make him sound like a bad guy. He's not trying to "keep us down."

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Just cause it done doesn't mean it can't be changed and they could have founds these between when they first release the Japanese version and now, plenty of time to fix also melee has like 4 versions, but someone after you brought up a good point that the game needs to be the same for everyone, to work, not sure this might just but a client side and maybe on the Japanese can use the move O_O
The game might get patched by Wii system update or something. Know what I mean?
Like I heard Diamond and Pearl got patched over WiFi already. There were some moves that didn't work right in the Japanese version, but it was fixed in the NA version and all Japanese players got the patch over WiFi apparently. I imagine they could do something like that for Brawl.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Ah, that Toon Link thing was strange.... but yea hopefully it was just really bad DI.

Anyway, as long as Bowser can only do this above the ground I don't see any problem with it.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
I was gonna say Gimping, but that sounds nasty for some reason. Gimpyfishing>Gimping>Klaw Hopping

Anth0ny

Smash Master
What makes you think the NA version will be different? :p
I remember hearing that there was a glitch in the Japanese version of Melee that was fixed in the NA version. Perhaps I was misinformed.

Maybe if all these DLC rumours come true, Nintendo could release a patch that fixes this?:laugh:

We're probably going to have to live with this. I could see Gimpy now...laughing in a pool of prize money.

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
This glitch (going from the video) only seems possible when you have land underneath you, thereby making it completely useless for recovering. The game is thinking that bowser lands a few frames before he actually connects to the ground meaning no floor --> no infinite jump. (Thanks Devilknight6)

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
This glitch (going from the video) only seems possible when you have land underneath you, thereby making it completely useless for recovering. The game is thinking that bowser lands a few frames before he actually connects to the ground meaning no floor --> no infinite jump. (Thanks Devilknight6)
No infinite RECOVERY, but infinite JUMPS as long as you're over the ground.
It's more for the mind games and mobility than anything else. You can't tell me this doesn't open up mad possibilities for competitive play.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
He is no longer called Bowser, but Bowselypuff. He has Klaw Hopping to Fair the foe to the edge of the stage then Bowsercide them.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Oh man. Only a week in and we have weird pikmin shine glitches, killer Toon link smashes, and the mystical floating Bowser.

Next time, Nintendo, hire a few Smash freaks to test your game.

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
Short hops can only be done on the ground right? So then technically the game registers that he landed somehow, its just so fast we don't see it. He can't use it to stall underneath stages either then right?

Its pretty awesome to see him use those aerials so fast. Its almost like an L-cancel, except I don't think you can land and follow up with ground moves, only aerials I guess. I mean, It looked liked the person playing still had enough time to do side-B even after doing an aerial. A bowser with no aerial lag is pretty sweet...

wakka444

Smash Ace
My god i love Bowser and gimpyfishing he!!z yeah. Thisll stop the complaining about advance techs/glitches....lulz

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
Oh man. Only a week in and we have weird pikmin shine glitches, killer Toon link smashes, and the mystical floating Bowser.

Next time, Nintendo, hire a few Smash freaks to test your game.
But then what glitches would they use to be the best?

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Holy fraking ****.
This is awesome. I really do need to find someone nearby who has a JPN version of this game. Quick.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
and now theres another reason trying to make me dislike brawl. i liked it, i wanna love it, but like... uhg.... bowser will be the first tourney banned character

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
Maybe there doesn't NEED to be glitches?
Then why aren't we treating it as such? I don't hear "Man, this blasted glitch!" I hear songs of praise, of "OH MAN THINK OF THE MINDGAMES YOU CAN DO! WHAT POTENTIAL FOR TOURNEY PLAY" .

Assuming this is legit, of course.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
If Isaac was in the game, none of this would have happened. He's just too godly to allow glitches in brawl.

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
Assuming you don't actually have to touch the ground, wouldn't this be like, the best recovery in the game?... none the less this is an awesome find no doubt.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
and now theres another reason trying to make me dislike brawl. i liked it, i wanna love it, but like... uhg.... bowser will be the first tourney banned character
No, Klaw Hopping (or as I call it) may be banned.
Since this is virtually Jigglypuff with high attack power. I dont see why it would be...
oh.
The wall of pain was pain enough when the attacks were weak.
Klaw Hops -> Bowsercide.......
I guess i might be banned...

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
How useful is this really? I don't see much use for it.
Oh lawd. MINDGAMEZ, MAN. APPROACH MANEUVER!

Consider this.

You/Fox are on one end of FD. Gimpy/Bowser is on the other. Gimpy/Bowser needs a good way to approach since you're camping the s*** outta him. So what does him do? He infinite jumps towards you like a mad man!
You decide to block? The claw grabs you through your shield and you get Bowsercide'd.
You decide to jump? He uses his free jump to jump towards you and swat you outta the sky.
You decide to rush him? He jumps backwards and hits you on the way down.

See what I'm saying? I'm oversimplifying here, but this could be a very important technique in competitive play.

500th POST W00T!

Nuvia

Smash Ace
Oh lawd. MINDGAMEZ, MAN. APPROACH MANEUVER!

Consider this.

You/Fox are on one end of FD. Gimpy/Bowser is on the other. Gimpy/Bowser needs a good way to approach since you're camping the s*** outta him. So what does him do? He infinite jumps towards you like a mad man!
You decide to block? The claw grabs you through your shield and you get Bowsercide'd.
You decide to jump? He uses his free jump to jump towards you and swat you outta the sky.
You decide to rush him? He jumps backwards and hits you on the way down.

See what I'm saying? I'm oversimplifying here, but this could be a very important technique in competitive play.
Let's see it win some matches before we declare it broken.

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
Its not about the recovery or edgeguarding possibilities, Klaw hopping practically cancels all lag. This is just too good, but probably not broken since the new physics don't offer much combo potential. It would severely reduce punishment though, and the mindgames, I don't even want to think about them...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Wow, this is awesome. I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm just gonna throw out there that unless this is a game-breaking tactic or Bowser becomes top tier, there's no reason to consider banning this. It's just a good mobility option it seems.

Smash Ace
this just means that b00zer is now higher in the tier list. was Fox banned in Melee because of the infinite combo? no! were ICs banned because of infinite grab? not if I recall.
I noticed in the vid that he landed a lot. I think if it were an easy technique he'd be able to do a lot more jumps.
=2007=

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
this just means that b00zer is now higher in the tier list. was Fox banned in Melee because of the infinite combo? no! were ICs banned because of infinite grab? not if I recall.
I noticed in the vid that he landed a lot. I think if it were an easy technique he'd be able to do a lot more jumps.
=2007=
He just discovered it and doesn't have the timing down exactly, the same as any move in the game. If it truly can be performed infinitely (and it sure looks like it can) then people WILL get good enough to perform it infinitely.

Top Bottom