• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
@Pyrotek: Had any luck beating it yet? I know you've been trying for a while now.

I've been trying to beat it as my other mains (Beat it as Marth, have Peach, Ness and Wario to go) but I've had no such luck...I got close as Ness but got destroyed by Porky...(go figure that little porker would be the one to finish me off while I'm playing as Ness >_>)
Oh, yeah, I beat it Saturday with Metaknight. Thanks for thinking of me. ^.^

In fact, I also beat it AGAIN with Metaknight on Sunday. All this time trying with Charizard, when Metaknight was the guy who did it.

I've found myself still playing it over and over again, though. At first it was frustrating, but now Intense Boss Battles is so addictive... :laugh:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Played the first four skill levels and beaten them on my first attempt. However, Intense is a WAY different story when I tried it today.

I've been having a lot of issues when facing Galleom and Porky since their attacks can put up enough damage to take you out instantly (even if at 0% damage).

Ridley is a bit tough if fought late, but a tad easier when fought early.

The other bosses such as Duon, Rayquaza, Petey, and Meta Ridley were not that hard to beat for me.

Master Hand and Crazy Hand can be questionable depending on which attacks they use. Their hand drill attack tends to lead to serious issues later on.

I haven't gotten to Tabuu yet, but I'm very sure that he's even harder than Galleom AND Porky.

By the way, I've been doing this with Fox.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I hate this challenge. No matter which character I use theres some boss that just owns them. I was doing great with Ness, didn't use any hearts for 7 bosses then I had to fight the green dragon thing and couldn't do much of any damage to it while I fumble and get owned. Donkey Kong can destroy that dragon but I can't use him well for Ridley or Tabuu.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if anyone has addressed this (I'm at school and way too lazy to sift through 11 pages of stuff), but has anyone had any luck beating Rayquaza with Charizard? Rock Smash does so little damage in comparison with other bosses, and Charizard is a surprisingly slow faller, which leaves me exposed in the air. He's the only boss I have trouble on, so I need help.

Also, sorry again for not reading the posts. Someone can link me to the post if they don't want to explain it again.... Assuming such a post even exists.

Gammarax

Smash Rookie
Finished this in all 4 "easier" modes but Intense Level seems to be levels above Very Hard.

Using Fox, DK, and Charizard mostly because people suggested it, but still not skillful enough. ><

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I beat it with Sonic some time ago after around 5 attempts.
For galleom you can't hit him very often. you have to hit him then run away since he attacks iommediately after wards.

For Porky I just attackeed attacked attacked and when he stopped moving to attack I ^B'ed to his other side and continued attacking.

Rayqauza is easy there is no reason to get killed by him.

Slike

Smash Cadet
Got 8 in as ness two times. It's not a coincidence when he loses to porky, seeing as bosses not only get harder as you go on, bit Ness's playstyle sucks against Porky. By the way, Rayquaza's health is uber powerful on boss battle's.

I usually lose to porky, and it's near impossible, even on your first fight. Once, I did 8, and messed up on duon. (Killed himself while I waited to be healed.) And battle 9 was me with 176 damage, and crazy hand. Ness tripped while running from the throw attack of doom. The rest ended in a near-broken wii-mote.

SW-1988

Smash Cadet
just completed it with Marth ... much easier than Charizard imo >__>
vid will be ready tomorrow...

steelbreakr

Smash Rookie
I like fox, he's fast, his fair does multiple hits and his reflector can easily take out meta ridley(his rapid fire attack) and duon (the pink side shooting the lasers close to the ground). The most important thing is to figure out the enemie's attack pattern, this took me about 4hrs to get the hang of.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Not sure if anyone has addressed this (I'm at school and way too lazy to sift through 11 pages of stuff), but has anyone had any luck beating Rayquaza with Charizard? Rock Smash does so little damage in comparison with other bosses, and Charizard is a surprisingly slow faller, which leaves me exposed in the air. He's the only boss I have trouble on, so I need help.

Also, sorry again for not reading the posts. Someone can link me to the post if they don't want to explain it again.... Assuming such a post even exists.
Hmm...really?

Rayquaza does have a lot of health, but I usually only take a total of 20% on him. It's just that Charizard has a very unique way of dodging everything.

What moves are you having trouble dodging? I'll help you out. If it's just that you can't fall fast enough, gliding straight down usually helps.

EDIT: I suggest not using Charizard, however. I spent days and days with Charizard. When I switched to Metaknight, I won on my 3rd attempt. The problem with Charizard is that he's good against everybody except the one where it's important: Tabuu. If you get good with the other bosses, it won't matter, because Charizard has a lot of trouble jumping high enough and rock smashing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well I just cleared Boss Battles on Intense today. It was tough, but I was able to hold on with Fox.

I didn't bother trying to do it without taking damage or recovering. Just played it safe and recover whenever I had to.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
What moves are you having trouble dodging? I'll help you out. If it's just that you can't fall fast enough, gliding straight down usually helps.

EDIT: I suggest not using Charizard, however. I spent days and days with Charizard. When I switched to Metaknight, I won on my 3rd attempt. The problem with Charizard is that he's good against everybody except the one where it's important: Tabuu. If you get good with the other bosses, it won't matter, because Charizard has a lot of trouble jumping high enough and rock smashing.
I've just been spamming Rock Smash. It's worked well enough against every boss except Rayquaza. I also never had trouble against Tabuu until he started exploding when he teleported or finished an attack, but that was easily remedied on Very Hard.

I also tried using Toon Link, but he has similar problems getting away from bosses when they're about to attack.

Hax

Smash Champion
just beat it with fox, fair + laser + smashes are all you really need

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I've just been spamming Rock Smash. It's worked well enough against every boss except Rayquaza. I also never had trouble against Tabuu until he started exploding when he teleported or finished an attack, but that was easily remedied on Very Hard.

I also tried using Toon Link, but he has similar problems getting away from bosses when they're about to attack.
Rock Smash works well on every boss. Rayquaza, once you get to know him, is very easy to dodge and is very predictable.

If you're having trouble dodging, only rock smash him ONCE between attacks. Patience is key.

EDIT: Hmm. Just beat it with Toon Link on my first try to prove to a friend that it's possible. However, I DON'T suggest Toon Link. I got so incredibly lucky on the boss order...but if you're going to use him, DON'T spam just his down air. Use it once, and then Back Air the bosses. Back air is AMAZING!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Grr...I beat 7 bosses as Ness and got crushed by Galleom...

Also beat 5 as Peach and got ripped off...anyone using Peach, I have encountered a horribly cheap glitch. If you double jump and float just as Meta-Ridley hits the Falcon Flyer, he'll knock it down, but when it resets to its default position, Peach will faze through it and become trapped underneath making it impossible to recover...

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Grr...I beat 7 bosses as Ness and got crushed by Galleom...

Also beat 5 as Peach and got ripped off...anyone using Peach, I have encountered a horribly cheap glitch. If you double jump and float just as Meta-Ridley hits the Falcon Flyer, he'll knock it down, but when it resets to its default position, Peach will faze through it and become trapped underneath making it impossible to recover...
You know, weeks ago when I first started Boss Battles, some crazy fluke happened to me as Charizard. I jump and airdodged as Meta Ridley knocked the ship down, but JUST barely. It came up so quick, I somehow popped underneath it. This never happened again, though.

Are you trying it with every character on intense? That seems pretty difficult. >_< So far, I've only done MK and TL.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
If I use Lucas I only have trouble with Rayquaza. I don't understand the hit boxes of some of his moves. I just can't dodge the tail spin, glowing eyes followed by explosion, and (what I find impossible to dodge) is when he goes in a circle and zaps you for like 50 damage. Annoying as hell. The other day I made it to Tabuu then killed myself. How embarrassing.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I've been using Zamus, and I can beat almost every boss without taking a hit.

I say almost every boss because Porky and Duon murder me often.

I still haven't gotten past eight bosses defeated with no recovery items used.

Chamiso

Smash Cadet
I was finally able to beat boss battles on intense with Link :) using mostly his bair and nair while airdodging and occasionally getting lucky with a perfect shield if I couldn't jump and air dodge fast enough.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
If I use Lucas I only have trouble with Rayquaza. I don't understand the hit boxes of some of his moves. I just can't dodge the tail spin, glowing eyes followed by explosion, and (what I find impossible to dodge) is when he goes in a circle and zaps you for like 50 damage. Annoying as hell. The other day I made it to Tabuu then killed myself. How embarrassing.
Rayquaza is the third hardest boss, but Porky and Duon are harder by a mile. Now, I also can't figure out how to dodge the lightning attack, but the other two are perfectly dodge-able.

The tail spin gives a warning, I think he roars before doing it. Just do a full jump into the air and the tail will sweep right under you and miss, and afterwards you get a few free seconds to beat him up.

The glowing eye thing (called, "Inner explosion") is pretty tough to avoid, but as soon as his eye flashes red, run or jump as far from where you were standing as possible. When the eye flashes, the attack locks on to where you're standing at the time. If you move fast enough, it won't hit.

Hope this helps.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
porky isnt bad if you are toon link, i just hopped up on his head and down aired him until he took a big jump, in which case i jumped off, then hopped back on and down aired him...i can beat him pretty consistently without taking damage

dingadergen

Smash Rookie
Im not planning on going through this whole thread, so I just want a quick answer. Ok. Does two player co-op work for this on intense? Or do you have to do single player to beat the challenge?
P.S.
I beat it on very hard with Luigi! That astounded me. Because luigi is never really used seriously. All the casual players go to him.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I got pretty far with Shiek though I lost at around round 7 to Porky since I got a little overconfident and decided to just stand next to him and use her down smash.

She can really pile on the damage though with her up and down smash if you can hit with both strikes of the up smash and all 3 for the down smash you can take down the grounded bosses fairly quickly (DONT try it with Duon though). Shiek is also quite fast and you can escape a lot of difficult situations with her up b attack since she effectively leaves the screen for a couple seconds (I managed to dodge Rayquazas lightning like that a couple times and it works well for avoiding Master and Crazy Hands spin attacks.

And I too am also curious if using another player would still let me get that trophy since its the last challenge that I need to complete. I am also wondering if your parter dies, do you loose as well, which may put me better off on my own, but if I can avoid some damage thanks to a friend for the first few rounds, it will save me those hearts for when they really matter.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I haven't beaten it on Intense yet, record so far is 5, but I just recently actually started trying Intense, before I was trying to build up the basic boss strategies.

I've found Ness to be pretty good at Boss Battles. All of his aerials work pretty well, fair, bair, and dair work the best in my experience, but uair and nair aren't bad either. PK Fire works okay every now and then, since it stays there for a while unlike Lucas's. His bat can knock off some damage quickly, his Up Smash can be used to hit aerial enemies, his PKT2 can also knock off decent damage. VERY important, however, is PSI Magnet, using it on the right attacks can replenish half+ of your life. For instance, Master Hand's gun attack replenishes 60%, I believe, and Duon's pink laser can heal massive damage.

So far, I've found those two to be the only ones that can heal you, I've found all of Meta Ridley's don't work, and Rayquaza's don't either except I haven't gotten a chance to test his Lightning.

From experience, I've found Rayquaza and Porky to be the most painful. Rayquaza is really fast, and he takes forever to take down. Porky doesn't take that long to take down, but his charging attack is really hard to doge on Intense since he's practically on steroids, and both of his lasers are a pain to dodge. Duon takes a while to bring down, but for some reason I don't find him as hard. Galleom can be pretty annoying, but most of the time I can dodge most of his attacks. Tabuu I haven't gotten to yet, and the other 5 I can pretty much take no damage on, although Meta Ridley's agility can be a real pain sometimes.

I tried the Samus method that someone suggested, since she's one of my better characters, and it's actually not too bad, but she just doesn't rack up enough damage. Also, now that I think about it, I should try R.O.B., since he's another one of my mains and his aerials are really good (especially his uair, for racking up damage).

Really, if I had to give one tip, it's hit and run. Get one or two attacks down and then back off for a second and prepare to dodge the next attack, it's the most useful tactic. Also, on a lot of bosses, even the non-aerial ones, I find doing aerial attacks to be the best thing, with an occasional ground attack. Mostly because it helps you to dodge any ground attacks and being in the air after you finish an attack tends to leave you less vulnerable than on the ground.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Two player boss battles co-op: I beleive that it counts for the challenges. You and your partner get a total of 5 hearts, and if your partner dies, it's game over (Which sucks).

I've also come to the conclusion that the most difficult boss changes depending on which character you use. For fox, it's porkey, but for charizard, duon is much harder.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
And I too am also curious if using another player would still let me get that trophy since its the last challenge that I need to complete. I am also wondering if your parter dies, do you loose as well, which may put me better off on my own, but if I can avoid some damage thanks to a friend for the first few rounds, it will save me those hearts for when they really matter.
Yeah, one strategy I thought of which could possibly work is get two people, one who's really good at dodging. Just have them dodge the whole time, while the other attacks. That way, one person gets all 5 Heart Containers. Probably more complicated than it needs to be, but it could probably work.

Flipsyd3

Smash Rookie
Toon link guide

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I beat it this morning with Toon Link here's a guide on how I beat the bosses with TOON LINK

Master Hand/Crazy Hand:

If you've beaten Boss Battles on very hard you know how to dodge these guys attacks. N-Air the crap out of these guys. Also use U-Air to get their health down. The only attack you have to worry about is the Spinning Hand that comes down on you and can do 40+ damage.

Rayquaza:

Alright, this guys is alright with Toon Link, learn his attack patterns mainly will help you out. Also use both Jumps to get on top of his head then D-Air his head over and over. You will get hit a few times doing this but none of his finishing moves.

Duon:

With Toon Link if your above 50 damage before you face this guy I healed myself. Be patient with Duon, mainly use arrows and bombs at mid-range. Also when the pink projectile side is face you go behind it and start N-Air-ing it. Make sure you hit it with it's own missles too that take down 40-60 percent of his health. He always starts by charging across the stage after or approaches you to get a 3 hit combo

Ridley:

Face this guy late and he can a be monster with the increased speed. N-Air works great with him. Also when he starts blowing you away with that one atatack get below and Up Smash his tail, it works well.

Meta Ridley:

IMO this guy is the easiest besides the two hands, his attack patterns are incredibly easy to learn. For attacks that work well N-Air. B-Air, and U-Air work great on this guy. When he starts to pull the ship down and lauch fire balls he's either going to pull the ship up when your under the second fire balls so it hits you or pull it all the way. His health goes down easy.

Petey Piranha :

Remember to only attack one of the cages or the head. Use your jumps to dodge the cages and when he jumps in the air, air dodge when he comes down. Yet again use N-Air and bounce on the cage with D-Air.

Galleom:

With Toon Link be patient again, one attack will mainly kill you if your above 65-ish. N-Air works wonders against Galleom, it was the only attack I used against him. Mainly use air dodge's against his attacks.

Porky:

I consider Porky an easy boss with toon link, jump on top of him and start an endless chain of D-Air's. Remember to bounce on both halves of him so he constantly changes directions. This should stall his attacks for a while. Eventually he's either going to launch the porky bombs out in which case just keep bouncing. Start using his red laser in which case when he launches it don't be on top of him. Start using his His orange beam which you just dodge. Or jump up really high to land on the ground but when he lands don't be on top of him, you'll take the damage.

Tabuu:

The guy everyone hates, be patient just like with Duon. Get the rhythm of the red rings down. Also use D-Air and N-Air when he's not moving. Remember to know all of his attacks and be patient when fighting. That's all I got for Tabuu:dizzy:

Remember to Air dodge a ton and not get frustrated. Learn the Rhythms of the bosses and you'll beat it eventually

PS.......DONT DIE!!!!!!!!!1

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I beat it with Pikachu

It was quite easy once i learned all the safe spots and warning signs.

Tabuu's Wing move was easy to dodge with Quick Attack Canceling and dodgerolling.

Top Bottom