• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
For whatever reason Charizard's Side-B doesn't hurt Rayquaza that much. Rayquaza takes a lot more patience than practice (for me at least), if you take the battle slowly and don't mind how much time your boss run takes then you can beat him with relative ease. If you start getting sloppy, Rayquaza will wipe the floor with you.

As for Duon, I tried with Charizard and his Side-B does a good chunk of damage but he's way too slow on the start up and ends up getting destroyed by the Projectile Side's purple lasers or the Sword Side's multi-strike attacks.

Anyway, it'll take a LOT of patience, but once you've gotten the bosses down it's just a matter of pulling it off. You'll get it eventually, just keep trying ^^

Valdens

Smash Ace
Not sure how much this will help, but thought I'd offer it since this thread helped me beat it.

The KEY to winning is to not play aggressively and to only get in enough attacks on the boss so that you can get away before they start their next attack. I tried to beat it aggressively and failed numerous times, but on my first try when I took it easy, I got it first try.

I used MK and nair, by the way.

Jorgito

Smash Rookie
I did it with Wario! Plus, I killed Tabuu with a Wario Waft! I forgot to take a snapshot, though. :ohwell:

It feels good that I could do it with my main. WARIO MAINERS UNITE! :bee:

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I used Donkey Kong. Down B for all ground bosses, and bair/uair spam for anyone in the air.

DK's bair is better than people give him credit for.

I had an extra heart leftover when I got to Tabuu, too. Tabuu is the hardest part with Donkey.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've noticed that the bosses move insanely fast on the Intense skill level, and that you can get KO'd very quickly as well. No wonder it's so challenging.

renshai117

Smash Cadet
I just wanted to chime in with another vote for doing this with fox. After many hours, I completed an intense run with fox, managed 7 kills with Charizard, and 6 kills with MK. Oddly, now that I am doing it with all characters, I noticed that Ice climbers and DK do large amounts of damage to the boses. Though I am just beating it on easy with all of the characters, the amount of damage inflicted by dk's ground pound and the ice climbers fair caught my attention as possibly being useful for an intense run. But reallly, nothing beats laser spamming.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
after a week of agony, today was finally my day. I conquered boss intense mode with ness with 2 hearts leftover. Earthbound forever. He makes several boss fights very easy like duon (who heals you) and Porky. his only "challenge" is gayquaza (for the same reason he is a challenge to everyone else, his defense) and meta ridley due to ness's slow falling speed. with patience its not that bad tho. Tabuu almost killed me actually cuz i got hit with one rroD and i thought i was dead but I recovered as he was doing a (missing) lasso. i got back on stage and hit his *** with the bat a few times for the win.

edit: feels SOOOO GOOD to beat this INSANE challenge with one of your mains

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
After a while the bosses get harder (bosses 6-10, i think). At least I'm pretty sure they get harder. You have to get the bosses you find hardest within the first five (Rayquaza, Porky, and Duon/ Galleon for me). That way, it'll be a lot easier.

Lookitzspideypig

Smash Rookie
For Tabuu, I want to get some practice dodging his RRoD's. Just wondering, on SSE, what level is the same as Intense on Boss Battles? I heard that the levels are one different scales.

So, just wondering what level (in SSE) is the same as fighting Tabuu on Intense on Boss Battles?

._. I always die from the RRoD's :dizzy:

Thanks.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I would guess the Great Maze, that's where he is.

I would recommend just keep trying though, you'll eventually get to tabuu consistently and you can catch his patterns the more times you get to him.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Finally got to Tabuu today. I somehow beat Porky as the 9th boss with a starting 60%. Most of them I can get off without any damage at all. Charizard's turning out to be pretty cool.

The Tabuu fight...It was difficult to hit him with Charizard. Tabuu is hard to chase around and usually stations himself too high to hit. I was doing well, though, (well, not really) until he flew to the back to start his Red Rings of Death. I thought "hey, I'll go to the edge, it'll be easier to dodge."

TRIP, dead. Thanks Sakurai, for making such a wonderful @#$%ing random event making you suddenly and unexpectedly defenseless in the worst of times.

So...I see what everyone means, it just takes practice to learn the boss's moves. I still have the most trouble with Duon, but I'm still killing him before the missiles come out.

Well, wish me luck for tomorrow, guys. ^.^

EDIT: Oh yeah, was I the only one to skip doing Boss Battles on Very Hard and went straight to Intense? It's a larger jump, sure, but I'm really looking forward to how easy it will be compared to Intense. :)

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
The Tabuu fight...It was difficult to hit him with Charizard. Tabuu is hard to chase around and usually stations himself too high to hit. I was doing well, though, (well, not really) until he flew to the back to start his Red Rings of Death. I thought "hey, I'll go to the edge, it'll be easier to dodge."

TRIP, dead.
I'm sorry man, I lol'd. Hard. :laugh:

Mewruler

Smash Cadet
I'm doing so well I'm breezing through very classic with Charizard and I gave up on intense to try very hard and now I get the strategies to use and TBH I have the hardest time with Meta Ridley and Petey(not getting killed just damaging and getting +40% damage from him each time) and everyone else is easy for me even tabuu....as long as I'm not in the air when he uses his RROD I know I can do it

I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!

Zeik188

Smash Cadet
I just got done doing it with Fox. Knowing what to dodge, and when, is the key. I beat Duon without taking damage, and it was funny how I did it too. He launched his missles, and I jumped into him, and put up my sheild. Of course, the shield broke, but becaue of my position, ALL the missles hit Duon, and he died from it.

Meta Ridely: Wait for that rapid spit attack he does, get infront of his mouth, and put up the reflecter. If done right, you can Pretty much knock him out in just that one attack. You can also reflect his gigantic balls of fire.

Pete: I dont need to say anything. Anyone should be able to beat this guy with 0 damage.

Raquaza: He gave me the hardest time, I always got hit when he would fly straight up and come at me from the side. I always wanted to roll dodge, thinking he would come back down, and get hit from the side. You can reflect his electric ball back at him for some decent damage. Basically, spam a smash or two, jump away, dodge attack, rinse, repeat.

Ridely: He's easy, readable, not to much trouble.

Porky: Lazers Lazers and more Lazer. Get away from the guy and spam it. When he drops those walking bombs, run right past them all and they will all explode, missing you. Air dodge the tacking lazer, and for the floating lazer, just outrun it.If he's slowing walking towards you (and not that step attack) He's setting you up for a rapid stab. Dont let him near you.

Golem(Dunno his real name): First off, get close to him right away, as he's gonna toss missles. They'll miss and hit the ground harmlessly. They just Zip around him with Fox illusion to make him miss his moves. If he's facing off the screen, he's gonna attack that way, of course. He's pretty readable too.

Hands: Again, I shouldnt have to say anything.

Tabuu: This is just a case of knowing the bosses attack patterns. He's not that hard if you can dodge his attacks. The RRoD are deadly, but just practice in SSE if you really have trouble dodging. Watch the video of the fox player up above and learn his attack patterns. there IS one other attack he does that wasnt shown there, that I've never seen him do before. He causes a string of sparkled dust to appear straight out, and an explosion happens in all of those spots. I didnt even know he could do this attack, and I dodged it. You shouldnt have a problem. When he gets big and shoots lazers, this attack is the EASIEST to avoid out of ALL of his attacks. Wait till he starts with the lazers, jump up, and Spam down B to Hover. When you have about a splitt second, (And you'll get a chance, its small, but its there) drop down, and jump back up and Hover again between the attack, if you dont, he will most likely hit you with that lazer on the way back down. The rest of his attacks are just a case of knowing what to do when. Mostly, jumping.

Duon: LAZAH. Spam it. Its your friend. Right off the bat, spam it. He's gonna roll at you, or roll up and try and slice at you (which is easiely dodge by a roll dodge). You can reflect the Pink sides bullets it'll shoot at you, but you CANNOT reflect the lazer, just try and dodge it. The Blue side isnt that deadly. Your Biggest chance comes when he fires the missles, get close, (on the other side of him if you can) and try and get the missles to nail him, it causes a MASSIVE amount of damage on him.

I hope this helps whoever is having trouble. REally, do what that Fox in the video does, and you'll have no problem.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I'm doing so well I'm breezing through very classic with Charizard and I gave up on intense to try very hard and now I get the strategies to use and TBH I have the hardest time with Meta Ridley and Petey(not getting killed just damaging and getting +40% damage from him each time) and everyone else is easy for me even tabuu....as long as I'm not in the air when he uses his RROD I know I can do it

I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!
Wait..WHAT!? Pete is easier than the hands! You're too impatient.

Get ONE Rock Smash in every time he swings the cage. When he rears back, double-jump, smash, fall, wait for the next attack. DON'T attack twice. I'm not saying you can't, I'm saying you shouldn't.

If he jumps, wait until he lands, run over and smack him! I get 0% on him every time.

Meta Ridley, it's just about knowing his attacks.

votescu

Smash Rookie
With luigi i mainly have problems with Pete P. The hands i can kill without getting hit because i am so used to them by now, and most other characters i take about 25% damage from. Tabuu isn't too hard to beat if you know what his move animations looks like and are quick on the dodge. Pit's Angel Ring or other multi hit moves of that type seem to do a good amount of damage to the bosses IMO.

kenhead

Smash Apprentice
beating boss battles on intense sounds really hard. i haven't tried yet, but i'm sure i can do it. it'll just take a real long time and a lot of agrivation deaths.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
I did it last night with Fox, after realizing how good he is against most of the bosses. Laser spam + Fair/Uair/Dair worked perfectly and Tabuu was cake. Just took me a couple of hours.

Of course, these couple of hours come after maybe 10 hours of trying with Mr. Game and Watch and Kirby, my two mains. Just beat it with G&W, here are some tips:

Porky: Nair/Fair spam, aerial dodge the lasers. If possible, get on top of him when he does his overhead laser (but remember to jump off when he shoots). The rapid attack should be DI'd up if you get caught in it, and UpB to the other side to attack him there.

Ridley: Nair spam, get in maybe two between his attacks. If you sense a melee attack coming on, use UpB after the 2nd Nair - this lets you get out of the way of his attacks, and if he's doing something unexpected, you can always aerial dodge.

Meta-Ridley: Nair spam, when he prepares his attack boost to the sky, and you'll be fine. For his fire breathing, get behind him with some Nairs, and when he clings to the ship, double jump and boost, drifting left, after he shoots the 1st fireball and you'll stay in the air long enough to dodge everything.

Hands: Nair spam + dodging. Easy. Sometimes you get unlucky and Master Hand will flick you. To dodge the drill, run to the nearest edge and jump underneath it if possible.

Petey: Nair spam + dodging.

Duon: Predict the slashes, perhaps by running forward and then back to activate the triple slice if necessary. Use Fair/Nair to deal damage and aerial dodge against the slasher side. Against the gun side, Fair/Nair and UpB + aerial dodge to get out of the way of his gun attacks. If he charges, a quick jump and UpB should get you out of the way.

Rayquaza: He starts the fight with either a switch of sides of a down tail strike, be prepared to dodge either of them. Use Nairs for damage, don't do too many in one jump and keep your distance when you expect an attack. Dodge the attacks with rolls/aerial dodges, and remember about his awesome UpB if in trouble.

Galleom: Use well-spaced Fairs, do 1 or 2 per jump, and always be in a position to aerial dodge his attacks or UpB to safety.

Tabuu: Dodge his attacks as normal and Nair spam. Remember UpB is a great defensive move if you need to ascend quickly. VERY IMPORTANT: G&W's sidestep is shorter than most characters, so you need to time the 3 rings more close to when they'd hit you.

The most difficult for G&W are Duon, Galleom, Porky, and Rayquaza, but you should eventually get yourself to a position where Galleom and Ray don't do much to you.
Duon and Porky are most random.

Aqueus

Smash Cadet
I think I'm going to pitch my 2 cents in here:

I did it with Lucas. It took me a total of about 30 hours of attempts to do it right. I started with Fox, my main from melee, failed miserably, then Lucario, a prospective main, failed, heard how good Charizard was, tried him, failed hardcore on Duon and Rayquaza.

Then, finally I saw the Lucas. It was hot. It still took me about 8 hours of effort, some with my wife (who got me killed, or got herself killed more than she helped, but it was still fun), and some with a friend (who refused to play Charizard, thoroughly aggrivating).

Duon was sweet. Double jump over Duon when he uses missiles, absorb the purple-pink blasts for a free heart. Galleom and Rayquaza were probably the hardest foes, but even then not that difficult, NAir and DAir rule the day. USmash and, well, smashes in general did not help much. It was way more important to stay mobile and capable of dodging at the drop of a fireball.

In the end, the only reason I won was because I was lucky, and it's that which displeases me about Brawl and Sakurai's mindset. If I had to face the bosses in sequential order, I probably would have beaten it on the first try, however, I have the shoddy luck that bosses that I have trouble with are the later bosses. I had four tries in a row where Rayquaza was my ninth boss, and summarily he stomped me.

Finally I got a break and, of all people, Petey was my ninth boss, and he never hit me, of course. Tabuu was a waiting game. I was able to get to him twice before I succeeded, and both times I flipped out and it killed me. I dodged too early on the RRoD, fearing instant death, and the second time I died on him I think it was something like he was doing the bomb-disappear-teleport and I was hopping around in air like a madman, he popped and then I popped.

So, the lesson to be learned is: Be lucky, folks. It makes you succeed!

Sarijy

Smash Apprentice
I've gotten to Taboo on Very Hard with Toony and 0% damage.
I however on Tab get completely destroyed because I can't dodge the pulse wave and the golden jaws of life. I've been getting better at it but the timing is incredibly bad.
All of the bosses are pretty predictable and easily solvable. I personally think that Duon and then Porkey are the most annoying otherwise.
Toony has the Dair that knocks him higher and deals nice damage, meaning you can take out Master Hand or Crazy hand in under 9 seconds if they do the finger lazers. You can do a similar technique stabbing your sword into the Rayquaza's Skull, Galleum, Meta Ridley, Ridley, Porkey, and Petey. (Duon is kind of a pain to do this to, because he spins around and has a few attacks that punish you.)
Bosses have a list of predictable and expectable moves. If you have a character that can readily give a countermeasure to all of the moves and still deal damage, you can beat all bosses.
The advantage of a Heavy character is they are harder to push off the screen, but on Intense, pretty much any move will send you into a OHKO. So its best to choose a light character.
Squirtle, Toon Link, Kirby, Jigglypuff and others.
Just use an aerial attack and whenever you have the chance, don't risk mistaking the move. After you understand and can counteract the moves, its simply execution. Practice on Subspace Emissary with a full set of light characters against the bosses you need practice on, eventually you'll take them down.

Sir Brane Damuj

Smash Rookie
NNID
sirbranedamuj
I am trying it on Very Hard now with Ness. I wish I had gotten Duon later so I could get some free hearts...

**** IT. I got to number 9 which was a Rayquaza. Go figure.

Apparently, Duon's missiles can hurt itself. Didn't know that.

One more thing, I think Lucas' PK Freeze should be super effective on Rayquaza.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Got to Tabuu for the second time today. I seem to have very bad luck with him... I lasted about 3 seconds before I somehow suicided.

Maybe Charizard couldn't take the pressure and jumped off the ledge beyond my will. :p

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I am trying it on Very Hard now with Ness. I wish I had gotten Duon later so I could get some free hearts...

One more thing, I think Lucas' PK Freeze should be super effective on Rayquaza.
Beware, the jump from Very Hard to Intense is just awful XD.

And about PK Freeze. It's not all that great on Rayquaza. If Pokemon logic held, PK Freeze would wreck his face, but alas, this is not Pokemon. I was disappointed, too.

PK Freeze IS really good against just about EVERYONE else, though.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Well, got to Tabuu two times (EDIT: Okay, why does t-i-m-e-s censor into Stocks? >_>) (EDIT: And apparently s-t-o-c-k-s changes into Coins!?) (C-O-I-N-S INTO T-I-M-E-S!?) in a row, but sucked due to lack of playing him.

I started practicing in SSE. What difficulty do you think is the most similar to Intense Boss Battle, Hard, Very Hard, or Intense? They all seem to have the same timing for RRoD, but the other moves change drastically.

Also, HOW do you dodge the lasso? Airdodge? I can't get a chance to test it because by the time I realize he's trying to lasso me, I'm dead. It's the most unpredictable move... I couldn't even dodge it on Easy!

(Offtopic): In SSE, does a flag mean completely done, or not done?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
The only thing you need to practice against Tabuu is the dodging of the RRoD's. Everything else is pleasantly easier since they dont KO as fast. Also, nothing in SSE compares to Intense Bosses since Tabuu would have the speed buff in boss mode but not in SSE.

The Lasso is all luck. His tell is if he teleports to the far right of the screen, just immediately jump & air dodge or if you wanna gamble do a spot dodge. It is really hard to dodge though, I just take the 30% like a man.

Also, Flag in SSE means you got all the gold boxes and the stage is fully complete.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Ugh, this is starting to get really annoying. I've been at it for days and days, yet still can't get it...

Is Charizard the wrong man for the job? He usually works so well... >_>

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Dude, I completed it with Snake and made a detailed guide. Any character is possible, you just gotta observe the boss patterns in relation to Ivysaur's specific characteristics.

Edit: Fcsking word filters, YOU GET THE IDEA RITE? OR IS SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE! GONNA HAVE TO CHOKE SOMEONE?

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Yeah, these word filters suck. I actually said C-H-A-R-I-Z-A-R-D. >_>

Many have suggested him. I might try Fox (I MEAN F-O-X >_>), though...

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Actually, it's that rainbow crown kinda thing that means you got 100% on that stage. Flags mean you're missing something.
Oh? I don't know who to believe now. >_<

I have only about 5 rainbow ones...and I'm 80%. The flags being uncomplete makes more sense.

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
I haven't tryed it on intense or very hard yet. But with dk on hard it was very easy. Spam down b on ground based, dodge and attack air based. I'll try very hard and intense tonight.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
I've been playing this with Lucas for the last few days and he seems amazing for the job. I thought about it this from a standpoint of seeing myself screwing up during one of the matches. Coupled with the fact that it is intense and I only have 3 hearts, one of which I'm gonna have to most likely save for Tabuu. The hands are cake, and master hands gun attack can be absorbed by PsiMagnet. For damaging the enemies in the air, use Lucas' Nair; for the ground use his down tilt. You'll be amazed at how fast you can shave off a bosses life. The only boss I really have a problem with now is Porky cause of his stupid almost un-dodgeable laser-beam. Duon's gun attack also heals a good bit, but you can't absorb it's horn laser. I still haven't beaten intense yet, but I've been getting progressively closer. Hope the advice helps anyone else.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
i finally beat it on intense a week ago...............:estatic::colorful:

i used fox........ the only advice i can give is know when to use his reflector since duon, rayquaza,and meta ridley all have reflecable shots (duons move when he does a rapid fire at the ground can kill him instantly if ur there in front of him but that happens rarely to me)

as for Tabuu just avoid all of his attacks (especially his shockwave attack)

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
XD.

I skipped Very Hard and went straight to Intense. Once, though, I accidentally selected Very Hard instead. Beat it first try with ease.

So, my lesson is: don't go Very Hard to Intense, the jump is too much! It's easier to jump down than up.

Top Bottom