• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Grabbing - Do it.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I read this thread and immediately tested the Boost Grab CG on a few people. Doing it on Falco seems a little hard. I tried this on a computer Falco and they seem to slip away just as I go in for the grab. My execution speed may need some work though. Tried it on a few other computers...works pretty well so far. People like MK, Zelda, Kirby and other floaties...forget about CGing them but the Boost Grab in itself is awesome. The CG works on a very limited amount of people but Falco is the only one I really care about.

I don't get this... Do I do it after contact?
First off, this thread seems to be running 2 ideas, Boost Grabbing and Air Release CG on falco. Saying stuff like "I don't get this" or "it" doesn't exactly explaing what you mean well enough. What don't you get exactly?

To Boost Grab you are basically canceling your dash attack into a grab to get extra distance on the reaching forward bit.

Dash > Down C-stick > grab. All those commands pretty much one after the other.

For the Air Release CG on falco, just grab falco pummel till just before he would break loose (no pummel input commands at that time or you will get a ground release), once snake returns to his neutral state than you can start dashing forward a bit before Boost grabbing falco again.

Tero.

Smash Champion
If you want to do this easier use Dash+Z+A

It's kind of like JC Grabs in Melee.

Thats how I do them.
It's kind of like Boost Grab in Melee lol.
(In melee you can do boost grabs with dash+A+R/L)

Tero.

Smash Champion
It's just not that good in melee, thats why nobody uses it.
It works best with Sheik (techchasing) and Fox and it's kinda funny with Kirby because you can still see the flames of his DA while grabbing.
JC Grabs in Melee are just way to good to use boost grabs lol.

~PsykoTek~

Smash Cadet
:079: So. I herd we haz a grab release chaingrab on Falco!

Didn't I say two times are normal grab range? lol

And they magicly glitch into your welcoming arms.
lulz @ the boost grabbing grab release CG xD, lol once this move is mastered, Snake is automatically the best character in the game xD

napZzz

Smash Hero
like yelllowroy said you need to press them all pretty much at the same time, your most likely too slow if you still have a dash attack out dawg.

I wish I had brawl atm so I could play with this more ~_~

Tero.

Smash Champion
lulz @ the boost grabbing grab release CG xD, lol once this move is mastered, Snake is automatically the best character in the game xD
no.
this won't change much.
Also it's only confirmed for falco, maybe fox.

Panix

Smash Ace
no.
this won't change much.
Also it's only confirmed for falco, maybe fox.
Well then, It makes snake just a wii bit better sense he loses to falco 45:55 yah know?

i'd say if people masterd this it would change the odds 45:55 for snake.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Well then, It makes snake just a wii bit better sense he loses to falco 45:55 yah know?

50:50 imo

10snakeblowshimselfupwithgrenadesandstuff

8AngeL8

Smash Lord

Someone hasn't been keeping up with the metagame. Snake ***** Falco.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Haha, it's hardly godlike but it's certainly useful. I'm trying to get a vid, but the only person who's able to play with my right now is an MK player and it doesn't really work on him.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Tell him to STFU and play his alts. :p

You live in Texas? I am going to visit a Tournament in Houston sometime soon. Do you go to those? I am looking forward to finding Snake players better than myself to try and play against and learn from.

mc4

Smash Journeyman
I started doin if after watching how effective it was in matches with ally and i've seen other snakes do it.
you can cg falco with boost grabs from the jump release ._.
didn't even know that, but finally i can give a falco a little more of his own medicine, (besides tech chase lol)

Tero.

Smash Champion
lol I was being sarcastic dood xD, but yeah when played correctly Snake is about 50/50 w/ Meta.
How could i tell? there are more than enough people who actually think that way.

Also I don't think Snake/MK is 50:50.

Question about this. How much differences is the Boost Grabbing range compared to the regular old dashing grab? I tired both and noticed only a small difference in the distance traveled, and from what I am hearing on the range is very large boost I am starting to think I have not been performing it correctly or just getting a small boost compared to a large slide that I should be getting.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Can't you chain grab Falco out of grab release without this? You can also get a free dash attack out of grab release too, IIRC.

Top Bottom