• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
I've been say that Megaman and Bomberman have the best chances by far .
Hoping to see them both.

Oh, and that moveset from FlipTroopa looks pretty good. Besides for the lack of elemental bombs (which isn't that big of a deal) it would make a great Bomberman.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been say that Megaman and Bomberman have the best chances by far .
Hoping to see them both.

Oh, and that moveset from FlipTroopa looks pretty good. Besides for the lack of elemental bombs (which isn't that big of a deal) it would make a great Bomberman.
What game was elemental bombs from?

I still think they'd go for more Retro with Drop Bomb (All bomberman), Charge Bomb (64), ec.

RDK

Smash Hero
I still think my moveset is the best out of all of the contest ones. Even ClarkJables.

I even made a spriteset for it, if you look back far enough.

RDK

Smash Hero
The original B-Man 64 was vastly superior to 2nd Attack, even though 2nd Attack had a better storyline IMO.

2nd Attack seemed too rushed, like it was slapped together at the last minute. The gameplay, controls, and graphics were terrible compared to B-Man 64. They should've built upon that engine and improved what few things were wrong with it.

Except for the storyline, 2nd Attack doesn't hold a candle to 64.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
The original B-Man 64 was vastly superior to 2nd Attack, even though 2nd Attack had a better storyline IMO.

2nd Attack seemed too rushed, like it was slapped together at the last minute. The gameplay, controls, and graphics were terrible compared to B-Man 64. They should've built upon that engine and improved what few things were wrong with it.

Except for the storyline, 2nd Attack doesn't hold a candle to 64.
I'm getting the impression that we didn't play the same game... TSA! was a MUCH larger game, had WAY more content, and had a multi-player mode it's predecessor couldn't hold a candle to. Sure it may have seemed dated by 2000, but no way Bomberman 64 had better graphics than TSA! The only advantage Bomberman 64 has to the sequel are the epic end world bosses, that I will give you.

RDK

Smash Hero
TSA's multiplayer mode would have been phenomenal if it would have stuck with 64's engine. The level designs and the multiplayer mode choices were top-notch, but the gameplay just killed it for me.

You couldn't even move as freely as you could in 64! Picking up bombs and pumping them up were also nerfed into oblivion. Only people who sat through the game's excruciating gameplay knew how to perform the advanced controls, and even then the percent of actually pulling it off was iffy.

RDK

Smash Hero
HOLY ****! I haven't seen that commercial of for ever! Now I REALLY hope he gets in
Lol, I know, isn't it great? I still remember seeing that on TV.

Even if the tune is a blatant ripoff of Spiderman, it's still gold.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
HOLY ****! I haven't seen that commercial in forever! Now I REALLY hope he gets in :chuckle:
Lol, I know, isn't it great? I still remember seeing that on TV.

Even if the tune is a blatant ripoff of Spiderman, it's still gold.
What the he has cool alt costumes, explodes grammas, and has a Spidermanish theme song? Bomberman for BRAWL!!!

zatchmagic

Smash Rookie
Maybe when bomberman is sucked up by kirby, kirby turns into pommy, since they have the same body shape and from bomberman series, before it went into a pokemon style thing.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
O so when Kirby swallows Mario he becomes Fire Kirby, Pikachu - Lighting, Swords - Swordsman Kirby, Pichu - UFO Kirby, Capt. Falcon - Chuck Norris Kirby.

Eh.. I'm not serious ^mine are terrible ideas. I like the way copying is w/ the hat. Bomberman, I would like the hat in my signature, though he would look funny in a cute way. Actually the bomb hat from Kirby games would look better. Eh.. I would still choose the Sig.

zatchmagic

Smash Rookie
Its just an idea my friend asked me to place in the forums. I actually like the kirbies in your sig.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I'm a massive fan of Bomberman, so here's a moveset:

B - Lay a bomb. When you lay a bomb, it is treated much like an item, and can be picked up and thrown in the usual manner. Doesn't explode when thrown. Only after 3-4 seconds, or when damaged.

Down B - Item. Bomberman summons one of the Bomberman items to power up. This is usually Flame, Bomb or Skates, but can also be Trigger Bomb, Jelly Bomb, etc. This move takes about 4-5 seconds to activate, and can be interrupted with attacks, but cannot be cancelled.

Flame - If you know about Bomberman, you'll know that the flame item increases the power of your bombs. , and powers up the size and damage of the bomb-blast. The bombs start at 10% damage with a small radius, and can be powered up to a maximum of 50% with a radius equivilent to the new "Smart Bomb" item (Damage increases in 10% increments).

Bomb - Allows another bomb to be layed simultaneously, to a maximum of 5.

Skates - Increases Bomberman's RUNNING speed only. Increases a further 4 times. Max speed is like Fox. Jump is unaffected.

Other - Other items can occasionally appear, such as the Trigger Bomb and Jelly Bomb, or moves like Kick Bomb and Punch Bomb. I won't go into detail about these, you really should know how they work.

Side B - Special Command. This varies depending on items that you get with your Down B. It could detonate Trigger Bombs, or it could be Kick Bomb, or Punch Bomb, etc.

Up B - Throws a weak bomb down, which explodes instantly, propelling him upwards, similar to the "Wario Waft". This bomb only ever does minimum damage to opponents, and does not harm Bomberman.

Final Smash - Becomes immune to his own bombs, and can lay as many as he wants for about 10 seconds. All his bombs become full-strength (50% damage each).

Bomberman does have a pretty ridiculous moveset, here, which is very powerful, although, he is vunerable to his own attacks, and if he loses a stock, he is reset to his original power, which should balance him out.

The initial post on this thread sucks, and needs updating... also the second post... obscurity? You're obviously just too young to know anything about games. Bomberman used to rank up with the most popular game characters, back in the golden age of gaming (1985 - 1995). Newb.

zatchmagic

Smash Rookie
Ummm your moveset seems a bit overpowered doesn't it? Since he has too many different kinds of moves, and i doubt that they'll allow special items just for him. Although i do agree that bomberman was a popular game back in the day. One of my main games when people came over.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think Bomberman would definitly be in the top 5 for most likly third party charecters and I think he would be good in brawl, it might not look to us that he'd have a good moveset but who knows what Sakurai could do with him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bomberman was the second most voted 3rd party character for Melee though, however

Eggman

Smash Apprentice
Those pictures go to show that Bomberman could fit in. I know those were from MOJO, but they can still pass as legit (at least in my n00bish opinion...). I used to play Bomberman with my best friend on his SNES all the time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kick Bomb still shouldn't be one of his B attacks, it should be something you can do once you use drop bomb...either being able to pick it up and throw it or kick it

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Bomberman should also be the only character with the ability to kick Bob-ombs.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
There's been a talk of possible moves for B-man- elementals, bomb kicking, Pommy? Here's some ideas i have for you newcomers who havent seen it yet. Feedback please!

STATS:
Speed- ***
Size- ***
Weight- **
Jump- **
Reach- **
Strength- ****

A- Left-hand jab
AA- Right punch, Left punch
AAA- Strong Uppercut (w/ slight explosion)
Dash A- Head-dive- Bomberman rapidly dives, headfirst, straight ahead of him and headbutts his opponent.
A^- Upward fiery punch
AV- Heavy Stomp (slight explosion)
A<>- Strong kick

Smash A- Strong Hook
SmashV A- Drop Kick
Smash<> A- Quick Sex Kick
Smash^ A- Hard Kick (upwards w/ slight explosion)

Nair- Hard Slap
Fair- Knee (Bomberman knees opponent in the face)
Bair- Double arm push
Uair- Flipkick
Dair- downward drop-kick

B- Drop Bomb- Hold B 2 secs to hold, continuous holding pumps bomb. If B is pressed when maxium bombs are placed, the bombs would detonate simultaneously.
B<>-Bomb Kick/ Soccer Bomb -if a laid bomb is in front of him, Bomberman kicks it forward and it rolls until it hit something. If Bomberman is not in front of a bomb, Bomberman quickly lays a bomb any kicks it while flipping over (like a famous soccer move). It flies through the air quickly and explodes on contact.
B\/- Suicide Bomb- Bomberman slams a bomb beneath his feet, quickly flinging him upward and causing slight damage to him. Causes major damage to neighboring enemies
B^- Bomber Copter- Bomberman bursts upward with propeller spinning above him. He is able to fly around freely for around 10 secs.

Grab- Standard two hand grab
Grab Attack- general headbutt
^ Throw- Throws opponent into air and quickly throws a bomb at them
> Throw- Straps bomb to and throws opponent forward
< Throw- Throws opponent behind Bomberman (that's it)
V Throw- Slams opponent on ground on which, they explode on impact.

Final Smash-
Bomberman pumps a legendary Red Bomb to maximum size (around 2x the height of Bowser). Bomberman speed is greatly decreased and cannot jump when carrying the bomb. He is free to throw the bomb wherever he pleases, the bombs explosion radius affects everyone on the stage. Any player hit with the Bomb is instantly knocked off stage or is immobilized and dizzy (with stars flying around their head as in Bomberman 64).
Then, Bomberman jumps on the back of Pommy and rides around the stage with increased speed and jumping ability. He can drop as much as 10 bombs at one time and quickly as desired. Pommy is also able to attack opponents (i.e-biting). Duration: 15 secs.

Item: Virus! (Skull from Bomberman 64)
-Fire- user spontaneously combusts and is on fire for around 10 secs. User can touch other players which temporarily lits them afire (5 secs). Does damage overtime to user.
-Big- user becomes larger, heavier, and stronger, but slower and much lower jump.
-Small- user becomes smaller, much higher jumps, and faster, but weaker and more easily knocked away.
-Jammed- user cannot stop moving but its able to change direction and jump. Speed increases over time.
-Reverse- all controller moves are reversed. Up is crouch, Down is jump, B is A, etc.
-Ghost- user cannot receive or use physical attacks. User can now hijack an opponent and semi-control them.
-Stun- User can barely move, but can take slightly more damage.

Entrance- Rides in on his pet, Pommy. Pommy runs away scared right before the battle starts.

Kirby- Standard pink Kirby but with Bomberman eyes ( | | ) and antennae.

Taunt: Celebrates as in Bomberman 64

Costumes-
White Bomber
Black Bomber
Red Bomber
Blue Bomber
Gold Bomber

Winning Poses-
1.Does backflip and smiles as in Bomberman Hero.
2.Jumps and punches air above him while smiling.

Notes-
-Only 4 bombs can be placed on the field at once.
-Other Bombermen can kick other Bombermen's bombs.
-Any attacks upon a bomb would explode immediately.
-If Bomberman lands on one of his bombs he will do a low bounce. Pumped bombs give him higher bounces.
-All Virus effects (except Fire) has a chance to be passed on to an opponent. Opponents with higher health percentage have a higher chance of receiving the Virus. Its duration is restarted everytime it is passed on.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
B - Drop Bomb: Places Bomb on the Ground. Can drop up to 4 bombs. Bombs can be kicked (By pressing B right after Bomb is placed) or Picked up (by any player) but detonate after a set time.
^) B - Bomb Blast: Bomberman blows up his own bomb sending him flying through the air
>) B - Charge Bomb: Charges Bomb N64 style then hurls it at opponent
v) B - ???

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Following suit, here's my moveset for all you newcomers:

Bomberman moveset

Stats

Size - 3/5
Jump - 2.5/5
Speed - 3/5
Weight - 2.5/5
Traction - 3/5
Knockback - 4.5/5
Attack Speed - 3/5
Fall Speed - 2.5/5
Aerial Mobility - 2.5/5
Shield - 3/5
Roll - 2.5/5
Grab Range - 3/5

As you can see, Bomberman is mostly below average, but is a powerhouse. This reflects his limited mobility in his games and his "cutesy"-ness, but also the fact he could kill in one hit with teh ACKSPROSIONS!!

A Moves

A,A (or hold A, now): Standard jab-cross combo. Nothing to say here. 3%, 5%.
->: Wario-esque trip. Bomberman falls on his face, his antenna swinging down to hit, and continues sliding forward hurting those already hit by antenna and anyone beyond it, first hit causing set knockback and second being very minimal. 10%, 3%.

^A: Bent hook. Bomberman bends back with his arm held out forward, bent up, so as to uppercut above him. 15%
>A: Mario-esque kick. Bomberman sticks his leg out straight, with foot out straight, leg and foot stretch to increase range, bends back, and spends to kick enemy with the top of his foot. 10%.
vB: Ness-esque kick. Bomberman slides leg across ground, foot straight, leg and foot stretch, to quickly toe-kick opponent, but takes a bit of time retracting. 14%.

^^A: G&W-eque headbutt. Bomberman swings his head, also waving his antenna, and an explosion appears in at his antenna's base, its radius depends on how long you've charged, larger ones resulting in greater horizontal range. 19%-30%.
>>A: Power straight. Bomberman swings his hand in a circle for a wind up, then forcefully leans forward, and straightens his arm forward into a punch, and an explosion appears in the middle of his "fist", its radius depends on how long you've charged, larger ones resulting in greater vertical and horizontal range. 14%-25%.
vvB. Kirby-esque kick. Bomberman does a spinning split, attacking both sides, feet straight with sole on floor, and an explosion appears at his crotch, its radius depends on how long you've charged, larger ones resulting in greater vertical rang. 17%-26%.

°A: Spin. Bomberman sticks his legs straight down, feet facing away from each other, his antenna straight up, and his arms straight out, and spins around. Enemies hit by his antenna are caught for a few attacks and hit for some knockback on the last one, getting 9% damage if all connect. Enemies hit by arms are hit once for ample knckback and 10% damage. Enemies hit by feet are caught for consecutive hits until the move ends, Bomberman lands, or they escape, causing a maximum of 17% damage with no knockback.
°^A: Antenna slap. Bomberman waves his head, moving his antenna in an arc and knocking enemies up, ready for more juggling. 4%.
°>A: Sex kick. Bomberman does a sex kick pose, one leg out straight, the other downward but bent to go forward, both feet sticking out straight, and deals more damage and knockback to enemies the less time has passed. 13%-3%.
°<A: Spin kick. Bomberman spins around once, one leg out straight and slanted somewhat upward, the other to his side bent backward, both feet straight, quickly striking with the side of his foot for a good ledge guard. 8%.
°vA: Liu Kang-esque bicycle kick. Bomberman steps repeatedly, catching opponents till the end, the final blow meteor smashing. Maximum of 17%.

His A moves show off his judo abilities and childishness, and makes use his arms, legs, and antenna. The smash attacks also add a bit more "bomb" into the mix.

Throws

Grab attack: Headbutt. Bomberman flings his head back then forward, hitting his opponent with his face. 3%.
^Throw: Does a similar thing as with his B, except using his opponent as the bomb, and throws them at a 68° angle. 17%.
>Throw: Sets his opponent on the ground in front of him, and kicks them along. 19%.
<Throw: Bomberman tosses his enemy over his head to behind him, and hops backwards while elbowing them. 22%.
vThrow: Bomberman tucks them under his legs to on the floor behind him, and he hops up and ***** them, bouncing them up a bit to be chain-grabbed. 6%.

His strong throws represent the fact that that's almost all he does, so he's very proficient at it.

B moves

All bombs are twice the size of Young Link's bombs.

B: Fire Bomb Throw
Bomberman Takes out a fire bomb and holds it behind his head as if he was going to throw it (think Yoshi's ^B). Moving the control stick up and down causes Bomberman to aim up and down. Releasing B causes him to throw it in the current direction, where it will travel in an arc and a horizontal maximum of Luigi's fireball. After hitting anything, it explodes into fiery puffs shaped into a ball with a diameter of Samus's height. Those in the blast take 12% damage and knockback somewhat less than a Samus smash missile. A simple tap of the B button for a basic throw take only 10 frames, plus 5 frames after before he can do anything else. If Bomberman is hit while holding it, the bomb explodes. The bomb treats Bomberman the same as an enemy.

^B: Wind Bomb Hold
Bomberman takes out a wind-bomb and holds it in the direction you hold the control stick. After a second, the bomb explodes in a windy orb the diameter equal to Bowser's height, and sends you rocketing away from the bomb just less than the distance of a firefox. Anyone in the blast radius gets minor damage (=3%) and set knockback away from the bomb that decreases the further you are from the center, being right next to the bomb causing knockback the same distance as Bomberman. If Bomberman is hit before the bomb explodes, it explodes right then and treats Bomberman as if it were not his (causing damage but no freefall).

>B: Lightning Bomb Kick
Bomberman stops, takes out a lightning bomb, and kicks it. This action takes a half a second. It travels along the ground at about Mario's dashing speed. After going over an edge, or if launched in the air, it travels at the same horizontal speed, but also falls at a speed to make it a 5° angle. After hitting an enemy, wall, or anything that would stop it, it explodes into floating electric arcs forming a rough ball with a Pikachu height diameter. On the ground, it hits several times and locks them until it ends (1/2 second maximum), causing up to 8% damage (damage depends on how long they were in it). If it hits in the air, the explosion stays for 1 second, only hits enemies 3 times (only takes 5 frames) then releases them, and causes 13% damage. If Bomberman is hit before he kicks the bomb the bomb explodes. The bomb treats Bomberman the same as an enemy.

vB: Earth Bomb Drop
Bomberman drops an earth bomb on the ground, where it sits and waits. The initial drop will place it inside of Bomberman, but after moving out of it, it is treated as a small pillar (works as wall and can be stood on). If dropped in the air, it falls at the speed of a capsule (in the air, it again works as walls/floor/ceiling). After 5 seconds, it explodes into lines of lava in a cross, each side going out 1/6 the length of Final Destination. If someone touches the explosion, they're hit with 30% damage and sent upward with knockback equal to a charged Pikachu usmash. If anything damages it before the explosion, it explodes with less power. The power depends on how long it sat, it increasing exponentially over time. Bomberman has to wait 3 seconds after the first one is gone before laying another. The bomb treats Bomberman the same as an enemy.

All his B attacks come from his games, not made up bull****, especially since he has plenty of attacks to use that are from his games, even plenty that aren't bomb based, so he really doesn't need to have some made up, so the fake attacks can be saved for characters without any of their own. I made all of them bomb based because he IS Bomberman, and negated the "too many explosions" by having them different elemental explosions. They also show his powerhouseness, and the fact he's like swordchucks: Almost as dangerous to others as he is to himself.

Final Smash

Cherry Bomb
Bomberman takes out a red bomb twice his size and does like his standard B. Its maximum throw distance is that of Marth's sword. Anyone hit by it get modest knockback and 10% fire damage. When it hits a wall/ceiling/floor, it acts and explodes like the Banzai Bill, the explosion twice the size of the bomb, and deals a maximum of 50% (not including any possible hits by the bomb itself). Bomberman is only affected by the bomb if he is hit before throwing it.

Miscellaneous

I haven't played enough games to know what his taunt, winning animations, or even winning tune would be.

His different colors would just be the different player colors from the games.

Also, as Del suggested, he needs a Captain Planet color scheme.

His symbol would be the Hudson Bee
, because it's cool and I think it's better to have 3rd parties represent their companies rather than their series.

For his Kirby hat, Kirby basically turns into Bomberman's head, except with his arms and legs poking out, and his face Kirby colored with Kirby's eyes.

Stage

Bomber Maze
Three brick pillars stick up from beyond the bottom, separated by gaps half their width. The width of a pillar is 1/3 that of Final Destination. It has a moderately high top, high bottom, and moderately close sides. In the background (and foreground) you see more another two rows of pillars in the same pattern. Beyond that, there's a wall with square tiled metal low-protrusion frusta near the bottom. Above that is a green wall with a light green smash symbol in the center.
If you want a non-competitive stage, attached to the background wall are three cannons which will occasionally aim and fire bombs onto the stage (or onto the rest of the battlefield beyond and before where you fight).

This stage is based off of the standard Bomberman battlefield, as viewed from the side.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Props on both movesets well thought out.

@ Cubelarooso

People who say 'What can he do all he's got are his bombs' get on my nerves. Like you said

I made all of them bomb based because he IS Bomberman, and negated the "too many explosions" by having them different elemental explosions.
Bombs are who he is. By implementing the different elemental explosions it adds depth. I also like how the Earth Bomb explodes in a cross. One question about the ^ B.

Bomberman takes out a wind-bomb and holds it in the direction you hold the control stick
So if you hold up on the control stick would he hold it above him? Would that cause him to be sent downwards by the explosion?

@ DJ Napps

I like how you've used bombs in his throws aswell especially >throw when he straps the bomb to the opponent. I also like the thought behind the virus item. My only concern is that his Bomber Copter lasts too long.

Bomberman for Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
However adding ONLY elemental Bombs takes away from Bomberman's history and doesn't reflect his true self

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
^ Can see where your coming from. I'm sure if Sakurai adds him he'll achieve a correct balance.

EDIT: Also I hope this thread doesn't just dissappear into obscurity again, then for it to have to be revived.

IMO Bomberman and Megaman are the most logical 3rd part inclusions at the moment so this thread should have more attention.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well theres a composer from the game who composed music for bomberman generations so....something tells me he's there for more then just money, theres a composer for kingdom hearts too. the composer choice seems a bit too random to be coinsidance(sp?)

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
So if you hold up on the control stick would he hold it above him? Would that cause him to be sent downwards by the explosion?
Yeah, I think it makes more sense than holding it in the opposite direction your holding. It also adds a bit of difference between this and Fire Fox. You have plenty of time to hold it in the right (wrong?) direction, and if you main him, it should become automatic.
Just think of the hilarity when you play against a new B'Man, and while trying to recover, they spike themselves to their deaths.

However adding ONLY elemental Bombs takes away from Bomberman's history and doesn't reflect his true self
That's why I implemented some explosions into his smash attacks.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah, I think it makes more sense than holding it in the opposite direction your holding. It also adds a bit of difference between this and Fire Fox. You have plenty of time to hold it in the right (wrong?) direction, and if you main him, it should become automatic.
Just think of the hilarity when you play against a new B'Man, and while trying to recover, they spike themselves to their deaths.
Thanks for clearing that up. It wouldn't be too hard to get used to and like you said adds abit of uniqueness to his recovery. The alternative would be that Bomberman would just always position the bomb beneath him and the blast would rocket you in the direction you were pointing with the control stick.

Lol at suicide bombing.

Well theres a composer from the game who composed music for bomberman generations so....something tells me he's there for more then just money, theres a composer for kingdom hearts too. the composer choice seems a bit too random to be coinsidance(sp?)
Which composer?

I wouldn't look too much into stuff like that. There's a composer from Streets of Rage (good memories...) there but I don't see alot of talk about a Streets of Rage character (would be an awesome WTF character). But if there are composers from Bomberman games then hey, that can't hurt the argument for Bomberman for Brawl.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

That's why I implemented some explosions into his smash attacks.
Yeah, that still doesn't work...HIs specials should reflect more than one game. His latest games and older games don't have elemental bombs

Top Bottom