• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman for SSBB?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I just hope Bomberman have the timer bombs, and his final smash be the crazy red bomb explosion.

RDK

Smash Hero
I'd love to hear the Altair Battle Theme from Bomberman 64, just for that reason I want him in Brawl.
B64 was such a great game in so many respects, and it did have some crazy beats. Altair's boss battle theme was cool. My favorite one, though, was the multiplayer battle theme they played at the character/stage select screen.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Why not both?

I still don't get why people are taking the limit idea so seriously. There is nothing to stop Sakurai from adding two or three more third party characters if he really wants to - maybe not, maybe yes. His comment about it was short and indistinct so there is as good a chance for both of these fighters as for just one.

In fact I've always made the point that maybe Bomberman wasn't added to the suggestion list because he was already planned. Perhaps Megaman was only a maybe which is why he got polled.
Quoted for the pure and simple truth. Decent evaluation.

Because you frequent the Ashley thread, and I've heard you post your thoughts on her being in Brawl. It doesn't take a mastermind to figure that out from your posts.

Now, back on topic.

@Cublearooso, DJ Napps, etc:

I've been thinking about making a new Bomberman thread so that we can put all of our information on the first page, etc.
Ive thought about that too so it would give the thread a boost but i dont think its worth it after getting so many posts.

Maybe we could PM the 1st poster and work something out with him...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hell yea! Bomberman FTW!!! :laugh:

I totally support this character (ironically this is actually the first time I post here), and I hate the fact when people say, "Bomberman will only have Bombs has his moveset" **** y'all I don't know what y'all are talking about, Bomberman is definetly the BOMB!

@Psycho: whoa! you have over 5,000 posts! dang you must really be active all the time lol...

RDK

Smash Hero
Maybe we could PM the 1st poster and work something out with him...
He's pretty inactive; I don't think he comes here any more.

@Gigakoopa:

Cool! It's nice to have another person with over 1,000 post supporting B-man (no offense to you other guys).

Welcome aboard, Giga.

RDK

Smash Hero
Not much. As you can see, we only have like 10 active supporters. There's a sprite moveset I made that's about a page back, if you care to look. We were just discussing alt. costume possibilities.

.:«Jeff»:.

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see Bomberman in SSBB because I enjoyed his games on the DS, but I think a better alternative would be to use Link, Y. Link, or Peach and use their Down+B and chuck their bombs that way when your in close range (you're going to come into closerange combat when fighting CF) you can throw simply attack instead of throwing a bomb and hoping it nails them and sends them flying or trying to dodge, because if you try to dodge their just coming back after you. I'm sorry to say it but Bomberman would just be too weak too be played efficiently.

OmegaXXII

um... where exactly is the sprite moveset? :dizzy: lol... (i'm to lazy to browse back) but anyway some pretty good alternate costume suggestions would definetly have to be a pink one, don't know why I said that, but it would be hilarious just seeing it

I'd like to see Bomberman in SSBB because I enjoyed his games on the DS, but I think a better alternative would be to use Link, Y. Link, or Peach and use their Down+B and chuck their bombs that way when your in close range (you're going to come into closerange combat when fighting CF) you can throw simply attack instead of throwing a bomb and hoping it nails them and sends them flying or trying to dodge, because if you try to dodge their just coming back after you. I'm sorry to say it but Bomberman would just be too weak too be played efficiently.
do you even know what your saying? Bomberman could definetly have bombs that will damage, of course probably not as strong as Bom-oms (would be cool) but can definetly worked on to be played efficiently

RDK

Smash Hero
You have no idea what you're talking about, because you don't know how Sakurai will implement him, if he makes it in. You're making assumptions based on assumptions.

Giga, here's the spriteset. Scroll down to the middle of the page:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72276&page=76

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
Bomberman would be cool, but there are just way too many cooler characters. If we could have as many third party characters as we wanted, I could see him in; though currently others are just better. Sry little bomb dude :(

pass the syrup

Smash Journeyman
His final smash could be very interesting. If any of you have played bomber man jetters, he could use his power to make his bombs super explosive for a short time (the red skull ones). Either that or he could borrow Max's power and have maxed out speed, firepower, number of bombs, and resilience to damage.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
His final smash could be very interesting. If any of you have played bomber man jetters, he could use his power to make his bombs super explosive for a short time (the red skull ones). Either that or he could borrow Max's power and have maxed out speed, firepower, number of bombs, and resilience to damage.
^Thats the best FS I've heard. Bombs max power + unlimited = Spam bombs and kill everyone 2 times each!

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Bomberman would be cool, but there are just way too many cooler characters. If we could have as many third party characters as we wanted, I could see him in; though currently others are just better. Sry little bomb dude :(
LIES! LIES AND SLANDER!

Bomberman is the cooliest! The only 3rd party that would be better would be Red Mage, but, since that has a -2% chance of happening, he doesn't count.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Bomberman laughs at the suggestion that he is not cool enough.

He then smokes a cigar.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
I missed the Alt. Costume discussion?

Darn.

Oh well, but IMHO if he gets any alt. Costumes (From my move set)

He should have:

-Bulzeeb/Regulus
-Sirius
and possibly:

-Ashrath (SP?)

Along with different colored red, blue, yellow, black Bomber Man.

RDK

Smash Hero
Look at the spriteset for the best FS. The link is in my post above.

There really isn't any competition when it comes to Bomberman's Final Smash. It must be the Atomic Bomb.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
bomberman is cool. he's got a myspace. lol i dont see any characters as cool as bman how many characters can pull bombs out of nowhere

OmegaXXII

.:«Jeff»:.

Smash Rookie
I also don't think Bomberman would make it into a Smash Bros game is because he is on other platforms, it'd be like having Crash Bandicoot in the game. Nintendo likes to add their own characters that they own.

RDK

Smash Hero
I also don't think Bomberman would make it into a Smash Bros game is because he is on other platforms, it'd be like having Crash Bandicoot in the game. Nintendo likes to add their own characters that they own.
This argument fails. Snake from MGS has been on other systems.

Plus, Nintendo DOES own Bomberman, you dope.

RDK

Smash Hero
They do?! Nice! But I wanna know where it says that.
Nintendo partially owns Hudson, which makes the Mario Party games. Hudson is the developer for Bomberman.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Say... anyone up for stating up a Bomberman support club? Every other character seems to have one now. And rather than going with the formulaic acronym name, we simply go by The Bomb Squad. Ya feelin' me?

RDK

Smash Hero
Say... anyone up for stating up a Bomberman support club? Every other character seems to have one now. And rather than going with the formulaic acronym name, we simply go by The Bomb Squad. Ya feelin' me?
Lol, that's a sweet idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

If you guys don't mind, I'll start working on a cool banner we can all use. It'll be awesome.

BTW, "The Bomb Squad" is an awesome name. Anyone have any objections to the support group name?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I actualy think that moveset you gave with the sprites seems a little over powered, sure bomberman is...well... bomb centered, but his moves seem to cover too large of an area. maybe you should tone it down a little.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yeah I thought it was Konami aswell.

Wikipedia said:
In April 2005, capital was increased via an allocation of 3 million shares from a third party. Konami Corporation, holding 53.99% of all Hudson stock, became Hudson's majority shareholder and parent company. Hudson continue to self publish, although works closely with Konami.
Side note: Bomb Squad sounds sweet lol.

Top Bottom