• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BloodBowler Presents: AR2: August 11th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Anarchy Rules 2!

Due to the emergence of a lot of new players and some rule mis-understandings, I will be redifinine a lot of the rules in this thread as well as most of the technical tournament jibber-jabber. To put it simply, if you see any word that is underlined you will be able to find it in the glossary at the end of this post.

Without further ado, the details:

Venue

The Venue is the same pleace as last year, Marsh Community Centre. It's a pretty nice venue, helpful staff and about a minute's walk from the housing and 3 minutes walk from the train station itself. Remember, this is a Community centre, don't be surprised if the local community comes out to see what's happening. Be polite and be curteous, you're respresenting us all. If anyone gets out of hand, talk to me. I've discussed the ' Uninvited Guests ' issue of last year with the community centre manager, he has assured me that he personally will be watching over the event to help everything run smoothly.

There is a Local Premier shop about 20 seconds walk from the Community Centre, a SPAR Mini-Supermarket about 5 minutes down the road, and the city centre is about 10-15 minutes walk away.

Housing

Again, it's the same place. 5 West Road, Marsh, Lancaster, LA1 5PG

It's a three story house, the main room downstairs will be reserved for those gaming hardcore.

The middle floor contains the bathroom, Carol's room (Off Limits) and Cene's room (Enter at your own risk).

The top floor has Chuck Norris' room on the right (Do not disturb, look at, engage in conversation, or make loud noise near him. This is strictly prohibited) a kind of hallway room on the left, with my bedroom going through there. I ask politely that you do not enter my room without my permission, I will not refuse you entry without a good reason, remember I will be very tired and will need as much rest as possible. The hallway room is to be reserved for those wanting to go to bed early.

If the housing isn't to your tastes, PM me and I shall look into alternate acoomodation. This will however be at your expense. It will be hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, Travelodges and so on within Lancaster and will require extra cost on your part and extra travelling.

For Those Driving

http://www.rac.co.uk/web/routeplanner/

I've used this route planner before and found it to be very helpful and accurate.

Contact Details

To discuss any part of this with me, or if you need to contact me on the day my details are as follows:

Email: clgrules@hotmail.com
MSN: clgrules@hotmail.com
AIM: B100DB0VV13R (A curse on the ****** that took my name!)
Yahoo: BloodBowler2k5
Smashboards: BloodBowler
Mobile: 07869380854
Postcode: LA1 5PG (For those driving)

I never sign in on AIM or Yahoo unless on special request, if you can only contact me through AIM or Yahoo, PM and ask me to sign on.

Conduct

Tournament Conduct: Be polite and civil to each other. Trash talk is healthy as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Respect your opponent no matter who they may be and don't whine like a japanese cheerleading schoolgirl when you win/lose.

Personal Conduct: Don't piss on the toilet seat. Shower. Bring deodorant and MAKE SURE IT'S WORN! I have a loud voice when I want it so don't make me embarass you to the whole hall. Because I will do it.

Same as tournament conduct, respect other people and don't start anything. If you have any problems with anyone at all, contact myself. Above all: Act mature.

Housing Conduct: I'm letting you into my house for two nights (Friday and Saturday) so please be curteous and respect the property and it's occupants.

We have neighbours like everyone else and people who want to get some sleep. Due to this and to an incident last year, I will ask EVERYONE at midnight on both nights to pipe down and let everyone get some rest. I don't mind a little noise, but shouting and yelling will be frowned upon. I encourage you all to start heading to bed at midnight anyway, more sleep WILL make you play better in the tournament.

Also for the Newcomers to the competitive scene:

Housing is provided but this doesn't mean a bed is provided. Much to the contrary, housing means a roof over your head. If you are staying the night you will be responsible for bringing your own sleeping bag, pillow, anything you want to help you sleep. You will most likely be finding a not-so-cramped area of floor space, setting up camp, and snoozing there.

Food is also your responsibility. I can not cater for everyone. You can bring food with you, or buy it from here. The house is situated directly in between 2 Fish and Chip shops, with a store across the road and a Mini-Supermarket and Chinese Take Away about 10 minutes walk down the road.

I will be making sure on the day there are enough leaflets for take aways that deliver, Kebab Houses, Domino's, that sort of thing. Just know this: I will not provide bedding or food for anyone. This is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

International Travelling

For all those travelling internationally, it may be easier than you think. No buses, no taxi's, no long walks required.

Like I said before, your best bet is Manchester International Airport, whilst looking around Multimap for the closest train station, I saw this:

There's a little train symbol, right next to the little aeroplane symbol. This shows there's a train station right next to the airport!! You can get a train from MIA to Lancaster. From there my house is a short stroll from the station!

The train from Manchester Airport takes about 1 hour 20 minutes if you get a direct train. If you get a train that changes at Preston Station, it'll take about 1 hour 50 minutes.

The website has quoted between £15 and £20 for an open return ticket, leaving Manchester Airport on Friday 10th and returning to Manchester Airport on Sunday 12th. I will head down to the station tomorrow to confirm this. (If you decide to use this setup, MAKE SURE YOU GET AN OPEN RETURN! Standard returns will expire the day after they're bought)

If this particular setup doesn't work for you, contact me and I'll look into an alternative.

Tournament Rules

BYOC

This is imperative, there will be no spare controllers, nobody will bring a controller for you. So you must Bring Your Own Controller!!

Controller Rules

Due to the lack of original Cube controllers found in shops, I am allowing Mad Catz, Logic 3, Wavebird and other 3rd Party controllers. I ask you all to watch your opponents controllers at any point when you feel it's safe to do so, or if you think they may be cheating. I will be walking around as well and watching and if I see anyone I suspect of cheating I will have the game paused and the controller tested as is.

VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE RULES WILL BE PUNISHED!

You will be eliminated from the tournament, you will lose any game you were playing and any sets you may have yet to play will be classed as a loss for you. You will not be refunded any amount of money you may have payed and you will be disallowed entry to any other events happening that day.

To All Those Bringing/Using Wavebirds!!

Due to the way Wavebirds work, there are extra rules surrounding their use. First off, if I catch you cheating by having an accomplice play your game for you using the wavebird channel system, you will both be disqualified from all events immediately. Your money will not be refunded.

Second, due to the wireless technology in Wavebirds you may experience lag from the controller signals, interference or accidental channel stealing from other players. This WILL NOT be accepted as an excuse for a loss or an in game technicality. If you are bringing a Wavebird and intend to use said Wavebird in tournament play, you are accepting any and all possible risks that come with it's use.

In order to minimise confusion and accidental cross-channelling (A term I just made up, where two players use the same channel by accident, causing weird effects) I reccomend that everyone intending to use a wavebird in this tournament either PM me or post in this thread that you are intending to do so. If not, tell me on the day when you register that you will be doing as such. With this in place I can assign channel numbers that players are to use on the day and minimise accidental cross-channeling.

Entry fee:

Singles Entry Fee: £5 per person
Doubles Entry fee: £5 per person, £10 per team.
Cover Charge: £5

Prize Money:

The total entry fee for doubles, will be the doubles prize money.
The total entry fee for singles, will be the singles prize money.

The prize money will be split:

1st place: 60%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 10%

Singles

Best of 3 Set
4 stock per person
8 minutes time limit
Advanced Slob Picks
Stage Banning is in effect
All items are strictly forbidden
Dave's Stupid Rule is also in effect

*NOTE* If you ban a random stage, DO NOT TAKE IT OFF THE RANDOM ROTATION OR SO HELP ME GOD!!!
Play random as normal and if it comes up with a banned stage just restart the match. This is to stop people forgetting that it's taken off the random after the game is over and potentially unbalancing future games.

Random Stages:

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Counterpick Stages:

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Mute City
Pokemon Stadium
Poke Floats
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land N64
Kongo Jungle N64

Banned Stages:

Icicle Mountain
Princess Peach's Castle
Kongo Jungle
Great Bay
Corneria
Flat Zone
Jungle Japes
Temple
Yoshi's Island
Green Greens
Venom
Onett
Mushroom Kingdom
Mushroom Kingdom 2
Brinstar Depths
Fourside
Big Blue
Yoshi's Island N64

Pools

Upon paying your entry and cover fee, you will be entered into one of eight pools.
Each pool will have 4 or 5 people in it
Each pool will contain two seeded players.
Once the pools have been announced, each pool will be handed over to it's top seed who will make sure it advances smoothly.
You will play a best of three set against everyone in your pool.
The top two players in each pool will advance to a 16** Man Double Elimination bracket.
The top two are defined as the two players in a pool with the largest amount of game wins (Not set wins) If there is a tie, the winner will be whoever won in the set between the tied players.

**If more than 40 people attend the bracket will be expanded to accomodate 24 players. The top finishers in each pool will get a bye in Round 1 and in the first round of Losers bracket, everyone will get a bye.

[Seeds

Top Seed
----------

Kone
JAM5
OGRE
Capt. Zeppo
Reacher
Mr P.
GEEK28
Frostbyte

High Seed
-----------

Ryan
Spam
SoS
Bigman
Lord rust
Darvor
C03Y
OwnA

Anarchy Rules 2 - Round 1 Pools

Pool 1
------

Jam5
OwnA
BloodBowler
OniBoy
SuperNintendoid

Pool 2
------

Frostbyte
Darvor**
Ac_Anon
Kman
FoulPlay

**In the case of Darvor doing a no show, Ac_Anon is to take the seed position.

Pool 3
------

OGRE
Ryan
Ouch
Sniper123

Pool 4
------

Capt. Zeppo
SoS
J03
Frozenwave

Pool 5
------

Reacher
Go! Spam-a-lamb!
L4DY
Aiko
Vanity Angel

Pool 6
------

Mr. P
Lord Rust
Golfball1
Syntax Error

Pool 7
------

Geek28
BigMan
Monty
WireFrame
Sam

Pool 8
------

Kone
C03Y
Davemans
BulletBill
JiR

Brackets

The brackets will be run in a Double Elimination format.
All Games in the brackets will be best of 3 up until the Semi-finals of both brackets.
The Semi-finals and Finals of both Winners and Losers Brackets will be best of 5.
The Grand Finals will be a best of 7

Doubles:

Doubles will be the exact same as singles, with two major differences:

1. There will be no pools, doubles will go straight into a double elimination bracket.
2. Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are banned stages in doubles due to frame-dropping (Lag) and cannot be played.

North VS South

The major event of Anarchy Rules 2, the long awaited North versus South crew battle!

For those of you that don't know the North versus South rivalry is something that has been going on in the smash scene for a while now, the crew battle has been planned at almost every major tournament for a year, however the turnout has always lacked too many key players to be implemented. However AR2 expects to have the turnout nessecary to make this happen!

A crew battle is simple in theory, each side has an equal number of stock shared evenly between it's members (For the purposes of North versus South, Each team will have 10 players and 40 stock between them, for a total of 4 stock per player)

Before the crew battle starts, each Captain is to write down on a piece of paper:

A. Their team lineup.
B. Which character each person is to be using.
C. Which player the team has nominated to go first.

The crew has as much time as they like (Within reason) before the crew battle to discuss, characters, stages and tactics.

After the details are down in ink, both Crew Captains are to hand their crew sheets to an impartial judge (Whom both crew captains shall agree on) and play will begin with the first player from each crew starting a game.

After the first game is over, the crew of the loser must decide upon his or her replacement, at the start of the next game, the winner must suicide until their stock matches the amount of stock they had at the end of the last game.

The format for choosing stages will be randomised, with Pokemon Stadium, Final Destination and Dream Land N64 on the random stages list.

EVERYONE THAT IS ATTENDING

If you are attending this tournament, please try and bring whatever you can to help with you: Consoles, Copies of Smash, if you can bring a TV please do so. All help from the tourney going community is welcomed and appreciated!

The Timetable

The hall has been hired from 9am until 10pm. It'll be a bit of a squeeze getting everything in but we should be okay. Here are the basic times I'm going to try and keep to:

8:30 am - Wake up
9:00 am - Hall opens, setting up starts. If anyone wants to help moving stuff to the venue, all hands are appreciated.
10:00 am - Registration for Doubles and Singles. Payment of all entry fees and cover charge.
11:00 am - Doubles Start
1:30 pm - Singles Pools Start
4:30 pm - Singles Brackets start
7:00 pm - Doubles Grand Finals + Singles Grand Finals + Prize giving
8:00 pm - North vs South Crew Battle

Expect me to be pushing things to go quickly. Last year I got slack and as a result we almost ran over, this year I'll be making sure things go to schedule. If something doesn't take as long as planned, I'll start the other events early.

Glossary

Cover Charge: The cover charge is payable and nessecary by anyone who wants to enter any of the events. The £5 goes towards payment of the venue. To avoid confusiuon and to speed up record keeping and processes, the cover charge, singles entry fee and doubles entry fee will all be collected at the same time.

Set: A set is a group of games you play against anyone. By default a tournament set is best of 3 games, with the set winner going to whoever gets the most wins.

Advanced Slob Picks (ASP): Advanced Slob Picks is the format of progression within a set. ASP format goes like this:

Game 1: Both Players select their character. If any problems with character selection occurs (You think your opponent purposefully counterpicked you) then you will observe a double-blind character selection. The Stage is to be randomised.

Game 2: The Loser of the previous game selects the any stage from the allowed list of stages. The next game will be played on that stage. No stage on the banned stages list, or stage banned under the Stage Banning rule may be played.

The Winner then has the option to change character.

The Loser must wait for confirmation of character from the previous winner, before changing his own. If the winner decides to stick with their current character, the loser may still change their character.

All other games in the set proceed as Game 2 until either player has enough wins to be declared the set winner.

Stage Banning: Before any set commences, each player or team of players has the ability to ban any stage they please from the allowed stages list, even if it's a random stage. The stage they choose to be banned cannot be played in that specific set under any circumstances. If you do not ban a stage at the beginning of the set, you lose the option to ban. Once the first game has begun that is it. You cannot change the stage you want banned once you have confirmed it. If you choose to ban a random stage, do not take it off the random stage list, simply restart the game if that stage comes up.

Pool: A group of players who all play each other in a round robin style. After each player has played each other in a best of three, the two players with the most game wins (Not set wins) will advance to the brackets. In case of a tie, the winner will be whoever won the set between the tied players.

Seed: The top 16 players will be seeded at this tournament in two groups: Top seed and high seed. Each pool will contain one seed from each group. This is to stop pools of death that are impossible to pass for newcomers and less experienced players, and to make sure that the right people advance to the brackets.

Bracket: The top 16 players (2 from each pool) will advance into a Double Elimination bracket. The layout is simple: Everyone starts on an even footing in round 1. If you lose any set in the bracket you will be put into the losers bracket at the appropriate place. If you win the set against the player you are matched against, you will advance to the next round of your respective bracket. If you lose any set in the losers bracket, you will be eliminated from the tournament.

Dave's Stupid Rule: If in any set you win a game, you cannot counterpick the level you won on later on in the same set. You can play it if your opponent picks it though.

Bye: A bye is basically a non-opponent. If you are matched against a bye in the brackets of the tournament, you advance automatically.

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
I've discussed the ' Uninvited Guests ' issue of last year with the community centre manager, he has assured me that he personally will be watching over the event to help everything run smoothly.
Lol, we thought those kids were part of the tournie. When they started getting frantic we just assumed they took the game too seriously. No worries tho, as we all know, Jake is experienced in dealing with the little junkies. :p Anyway, nice one BB. We'll most likely be there

Kone

Smash Master
Im now insured on my Dads people carrier, hoping to bring 7 from the newcastle area. Whoot whoot for all that know him, should be seeing a travelling Tony ^_^ aka the jiggl;y of death that wrecked team south at edster.

Looking into using the travelodge, shall post details soon for others' interest (euan, zep).

Im looking to tear Jam's South apart (for those unknown north v south was an event started beween north and south of sdb, jam v kone. For over a year ive wanted to escalate this into a freqeunt UK affair. Looks like Carlton be first to pull it off!)

Great first post btw, very well written and informative.

Ed

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
im definitely NOT there ^_^ ill be in malaysia

north vs south without me? =( No bragging to me then about who wins/is better because it isn't fully justified since i'm not there, consider it a handicap north =P

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Too early to say but hopefully.

Syntax Error

Smash Cadet
Gonna be at this one :p

One would hope, given I'm a whole 30 seconds walk from the venue and all eh? :p

J03

Smash Master
way i see it is your all scrubs lol

im gonna just beat you all coz the way it is at the moment is the only ppl not showing me some love are the ppl who i can beat so i just have to sit here and lol at the lot of you, ya bunch of scrubs =P

J03

Smash Master
mont: tbh i do look forward to are matches at ar364 or sweden coz they were nice and close and some more would be awesome

b.bill: you've improved quite a bit but in all honesty youve still got a bit to go before i consider you competition ^.^

other ppl who i cant be ***** with: **** yall and man up lol

way it is, i will be leaving pools at ar364 snd anyone who saw my matches at Tnj2 would agree, so man up of shut up coz im too pdrunk too really give a **** :p

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I dont know about nout Joe but you are a ****ing idiot:laugh:

Should be at this,hopefully the TV situation gets sorted but I'll probably pipe along regardless.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
Definitly looking forward to my next fix! Will be at this with me fellow UK Smash Junkies! Heehee Jo3 u'l be getting out of pools dis tym man uv deserved for the longest while so make it happen at ar364!

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
For all travelling internationally: Your best bet sounds like Manchester Intl. Airport. After that it'll be about an hour and a half on the train. I have a fair few contacts in Manchester that should be happy to help out. I'll get some maps and directions done ASAP.

To answer your second question: I'm expecting about 40-50 people to turn up to this from UK alone. Last year had 37 entrants.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
mont: tbh i do look forward to are matches at ar364 or sweden coz they were nice and close and some more would be awesome

b.bill: you've improved quite a bit but in all honesty youve still got a bit to go before i consider you competition ^.^
Don't flatter yourself. too late :dizzy:

J03

Smash Master
lol thats not flattery, its just plain fact mate

and yes, i am a ****ing idiot :chuckle:

but yur sorry about the offensivness, was just a lil but tipsy last night ;)

J03

Smash Master
and regards to TV's, there was a shortage last year but this year although BB shall be organising/funding AR364 all of STFU will be helping out on a few things espeically things such as TV's. now i believe that BB has 3 or 4 in his house, in my car there shall be 2 TV's and where hoping to bring a third and maybe even a fourth (though thats doubtful).

obviously where gonna be asking ppl to bring some to help out. im hopeing at RAF to bring one and id love them physically if they brought two ^_^

Ed says he may bring one BUT it looks unlikely so dont count on it.

anyone who thinks they can bring a TV/setup post on here please.

that said i wouldnt mind some RAF addys to chat about what you guys can bring and because you guys are just awesome =) mine is crazyjokerthesecond@hotmail.com so just add meh or post yours please xxx :)

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Updates!!

I realised that I missed a couple of rules in the original thread so I'm, updating now with some extras rules. For ease of finding, I'll post here as well as in the first post.

BYOC

This is imperative, there will be no spare controllers, nobody will bring a controller for you. So you must Bring Your Own Controller!!

Controller Rules:

Due to the lack of original Cube controllers found in shops, I am allowing Mad Catz, Logic 3, Wavebird and other 3rd Party controllers. I ask you all to watch your opponents controllers at any point when you feel it's safe to do so, or if you think they may be cheating. I will be walking around as well and watching and if I see anyone I suspect of cheating I will have the game paused and the controller tested as is.

VIOLATION OF ANY OF THESE RULES WILL BE PUNISHED!

You will be eliminated from the tournament, you will lose any game you were playing and any sets you may have yet to play will be classed as a loss for you. You will not be refunded any amount of money you may have payed and you will be disallowed entry to any other events happening that day.

Dave's Stupid Rule

You cannot counterpick a stage you have already won on in the same set.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
You currently have a pretty much guaranteed 5 TV's,and possibly upto 7.This tourney is quite a bit away so its alright,but you are going to want alot more TV's than that if you A)want people to go and B)want to accomodate an attendance of 40-50 people.That isnt even mentioning the size :-/

J03

Smash Master
aye zeppo, but there is hope, kaley, my better half, passed her drving test today ^_^.

if she helps then we should be able to lift at least 4 TV's so whoop

again RAF addys would be awesomecore

DevMBC

Smash Ace
whay north v south! it's on ^^

Charles, I'm afraid I wouldn't have picked you for the team anyways - your jiggly just doesn't quite fit my gameplan.. nor any of your other 25 characters >_> :p get training southerners!

Kone

Smash Master
ill be insured on my dads people carrier. i could bring a large tv, but as i know the nature of these tournaments ie the always lack of tv setups ( except at my tournies =p lol) ill bring 2-3 small tvs. theyll easily fit alongside each other in the boot. ill try my best for three ^_^

aim for over 10, at least 3 large.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
lol thats not flattery, its just plain fact mate

and yes, i am a ****ing idiot :chuckle:

but yur sorry about the offensivness, was just a lil but tipsy last night ;)
lol Your talking like your pro now just because you almost got past pools at TNJ2. Pipe down son. My Dr mario is a lot better than you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom