• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bleach

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Basically Yamamoto could beat Aizen if Aizen was playing fair but now that Wonderweiss' ability is revealed I don't think Yamamoto can top Aizen + Wonderweiss.

This also means that Kensei lost, which makes me a bit said.

-Terywj

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
In a good way... I am really, really terrified of Yamamoto right now. Either something's going to happen with illusions (because Aizen is a cheap-*** ****er that way), or he succeeds in crushing Wonderweiss.

But I think anyone is wondering... What would happen if he was pushed so far, that he had to resort to this? A manga chapter would end this way, and the last word you see from a speech bubble from Yamamoto?

"Bankai."

This guy is pulling a Whitebeard with how intense he's being, seriously. I really hope that Yamamoto succeeds in doing some considerate damage at least.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Honestly though I'm glad we get to see how Yamamoto fights with physical contact. I was afraid he would start pulling off some amazing Kido, which I wouldn't have minded but that's been done a lot already. Just goes to show you don't need your Zanpakuto alone to kick butt as Captain Commander.

-Terywj

Scott!

Smash Lord
Whoever is trying to argue that the Anime > the Manga = ********.
Well, while I agree that the manga > the anime, the anime is not completely inferior in every way. It does happen on occasion that the manga's battle scenes are a bit disorienting at times due to the difficulties of showing fast-paced action in a small number of still pictures. It also is a lot slower-paced.

Also, I agree with everything Terywj said in his previous post.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
He's pretty darn manly, if you ask me. Maybe he'll show us some pr0 Kido too in the upcoming chapters, and that would be great to see all aspects of Yamamoto's power.

-Terywj

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
maybe power wise

but as far as personality, thematic importance, and overall epicness i wouldn't even compare the two. get at shirohige

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
lol; of course coming from you and I agree as well there's no comparing when it comes to impact.

You gotta admit though, what he just pulled now in Bleach, really bumped him up there in epicness.

Javon89

Smash Ace
I just read the newest chapter, and all I have to say, Tite did a good job making this fight epic.
To bad Wonderweiss died but on the the plus side at least Ichigo joins the fight finally, I think he may deal the final blow...
I wonder what happened Urahara and Ichigo's Dad, they are involved with Aizen too....

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
As lame and ******** as is, of course Ichigo will deal the final blow. It would be cool if Kubo made a twist where Aizen wins, but since he himself confirmed future arcs it's not going to happen. I was hoping Urahara and co. would show up, but seems doubtful. Also, Kubo has said Isshin has a role in a future arc. That's great news. :)

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think he did. And personally I thought Gin was going to stop Hichigo's Getsuga on Aizen but guess not. Wonder where he is right now?

-Terywj

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Haven't gotten time to come back here for so long. Of course I had to come back to the old Bleach thread here~

I still think Bleach's first season was the best. I'm on episode like 165 right now...but i watch it dubbed on cartoon network "then" subbed "then" read the manga. The only problem is, bleach hasnt been on cartoon network recently. I heard that the show turns into fillers from here. But why has it stopped being played?
Yeah. I agree, the first few arcs were definitely the best. The show does turn into fillers from around there, but Bleach sometimes goes on hiatus for breaks and such. I don't watch dubs normally (sometimes I catch it on TV just to laugh/cry at bad dubbing), but if they don't show an episode one day, they're probably making up for a time where they also skipped airing an episode in Japan for whatever reason (holiday, special occasion, or a normal hiatus to give animators a break for example).

I don't really even care about the fillers. In my opinion if the anime never had fillers I still think the manga is better. The only "plus" the anime has is during the good fights everything is animated whereas to just pictures. But I call Bleach's anime isn't as a sharp as it should look, unlike Naruto's.

For example, if you watched the Killer Bee v. Sasuke fight in the anime, it was pretty amazing. But if you compared it to say Ichigo v. Grimmjow the animation just wasn't as top notch.

-Terywj
Well, at least Bleach's animation has gone up in quality significantly. I remember some of the first few episodes and compared to the episodes now, the animation is amazing. I don't read the manga though, but it does make sense that the art would be much better in the manga. Some of the newer battles (Nel vs. Nnoitra, Yamamoto vs. Allon) seem to have art much closer to the manga though, right?

All these hidden spoilers make me so curious. >>

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
New chapter is out. And
Ichigo gets t00led on way too easily. It's pretty
MUKKING EPIC how
Isshin shows up. Perhaps we'll finally learn something about his backstory.

-Terywj

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
So, I was bored and decided to read the last 30 chapters of Bleach in one sitting. All I've gotta say is that the storyline is absurdly predictable. Pretty cool nonetheless. I'll probably catch up on it later, since I don't like the whole anime/manga thing all that much, but I wasn't too impressed with this weeks chapter.

kr3wman

Smash Master
So, I was bored and decided to read the last 30 chapters of Bleach in one sitting. All I've gotta say is that the storyline is absurdly predictable. Pretty cool nonetheless. I'll probably catch up on it later, since I don't like the whole anime/manga thing all that much, but I wasn't too impressed with this weeks chapter.
Any shounens' storylines are predictable.

They are shounens, after all.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Any shounens' storylines are predictable.

They are shounens, after all.
I agree with this, but...

To be fair, the Soul Society arc did have a nice twist (TWEEST) to it. I think very few people saw that thing with
Aizen
coming. I consider myself relatively jaded when it comes to this sort of literature and even I was pleasantly surprised.

Unfortunately Kubo Tite ran out of ideas somewhere at the beginning of the Hueco Mundo arc. He (kind of) redeemed himself by expanding on the background of the Vizards in "Turn Back the Pendulum," but that quickly evaporated.

I just hope this thing with
Isshin
isn't something as silly as Ichigo being special 'cause he's the son of a shinigami and a human. That'll probably kill it for me right there. Bleach has been "safely" predictable this entire time, but more or less likable---which is more than I can say for Naruto.

(Not being a troll with that last comment.)

>_>

Smooth Criminal

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
There's supposed a live action bleach movie in 2012.
Really? Interesting. I'm hoping that turns out well. The last live action Bleach play seemed like it was alright.

I agree with this, but...

To be fair, the Soul Society arc did have a nice twist (TWEEST) to it. I think very few people saw that thing with
Aizen
coming. I consider myself relatively jaded when it comes to this sort of literature and even I was pleasantly surprised.

Unfortunately Kubo Tite ran out of ideas somewhere at the beginning of the Hueco Mundo arc. He (kind of) redeemed himself by expanding on the background of the Vizards in "Turn Back the Pendulum," but that quickly evaporated.
I was also surprised when I saw that. It was one of the turning points in Bleach. It
shifted your focus from rescuing Rukia out of an apparently impossible situation to figuring out what exactly was going on in the background with SS in the first place.

Yeah. Around the HM arc he did seem like he was running thin on ideas. Things started to get very off the wall (Szayel, anyone?) and not at all like Bleach was normally. Bleach is neck-deep in a "Zanpakuto Rebellion/Sword Fiend" filler right now so it doesn't look like the anime will be returning to canon for some time... and with what people are saying about the manga, it seems like even the ideas for canon are dwindling... I wonder if Kubo is stretching things out as much as possible right now to keep a huge plot twist up his sleeve. That's what I'm hoping for.

...all the plotkai...

-Terywj
...I loled.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
...I loled.
I heard that term used on some random Bleach forum, so I borrowed it.

Gotei 13 sent out Ichigo. (Level 100 Ichigo)
Aizen sent out Ulquiorra. (Level 100 Ulquiorra)
Ulquiorra used Slash.
Ichigo lost 32% of his health.
Ichigo used Slash.
Ulquiorra lost 12% of his health.
[Repeat infinitely]
Ulquiorra used Cero.
It's super effective!
Ichigo lost 100% of his health.
Ichigo hung on with his Focus Band.
Ichigo used Plotkai!
Ichigo suddenly evolved!
Ichigo used Absurd Inner Hollow Powers.