• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
IF Spak is lying, that means he is part of the scum team that roleblocked me. I am saying that it is possible his faction roleblocked me two rights in a row, and thus it would have been safe for him to counter claim me.

I am NOT calling him scum. I am outlining the possibility.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Holy crap, people. I thought we were playing a game where we try to outwit each other, but all you seem to do is berate one another, and constantly remind everyone of how much smarter you are (Not just directed at Bard, there are many of us on here doing that)

Vitriol aside, this is difficult.

I DO agree with the notion that just because someone lies, does not make them scum (This was also said by an experienced player on this same game, I don't remember who)

BarDulL BarDulL , I'm not going to jump on your wagon just yet. But you made a mistake today. Are you implying that Spak is lying, and got lucky? Or are you implying that you're both town?

To be honest, I don't like either Bard or FML. They both use the same "I don't like this person's argument, therefore he's an idiot. (FML has mentioned my bad logic 3 times, which seems like he wants everyone to know I'm not worth listening to, when they should be deciding that for themselves.)

When someone asks a question, trying to gain more info, posting a thumbs down picture is not a helpful way to say "That's not an avenue we should be pursuing." Don't treat your town mates like children. Don't call people ********.

Since most of the past few pages have been small amounts of good information with a dollop of vitrol, I'm going to spend a lot more time re-reading to figure out my reads. Only tag me if you have a specific point or question.
I'm looking for a full picture here.

Soup is either dead and janitored or an Indy Abductor got him.

Right now I see it more likely the ladder since I don't think Soup was a priority kill. Could be wrong here on this notion but overall.

I can say right now about my role,

I was hated as well til I turned into a stump, I was the one giving out news reports during the day. No idea what what those did though.

However I got other info about my role but I will not discuss it til it is relevant.

I should have waited a tad longer til I stumped but oh well.

Bard's gambit is bleh, I don't like it. I feel better about Spak given what he did but I would like to reread him. I do think we should be looking back at what happened with the Glyph wagon. That wagon was a giant tunnel and I'm not a fan of it.

Bard and FML should be looked at. Tenetive J should be looked at. I still want Moosy dead really badly but I got no vote anymore :<.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
IF Spak is lying, that means he is part of the scum team that roleblocked me. I am saying that it is possible his faction roleblocked me two rights in a row, and thus it would have been safe for him to counter claim me.

I am NOT calling him scum. I am outlining the possibility.
Can you answer one question.

And one fishing question only.

Who did you target n1?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Slick and RedRyu, please, please, please don't make the wrong decision. I will be so upset if you make the wrong decision.

I came back because I don't need Raz coming in and telling me that I'm being irresponsible, but I don't want to make such a stink as to be outright toxic. People need to LISTEN though and not have their brains be filled with convoluted **** to the point where we don't go the right path.

Here are my actions:

I checked FandangoX on N1 on a hunch. I was informed that I was roleblocked.

N2, I had no action. This was a gambit (and a way to protect myself from being RB'd on N3), but then Spak ruined everything by counterclaiming me with Tracker. It's true that I did not visit ANYONE on N2.
I put it in this post.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Slick and RedRyu, please, please, please don't make the wrong decision. I will be so upset if you make the wrong decision.

I put it in this post.
Well I can't vote outside of telling people what to do so.....yeah.

I'll look over this more closely later.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Other people who need to be lynched or looked into:

Raziek, Spak, Laundry, and J all need looking into. Raziek is my second scum pick at the moment.

Note: I am an EVEN-Night Cop, hence why I have not claimed any information for the previous night phase.
"I'm an even night cop that got roleblocked N1"

Yeh sure that's really believable.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Lynch the **** out of this slot. He has been wrong ALL GAME and has been trying to lynch Glyph, myself, and several others. He NEEDS to die.
"Lynch this slot for being wrong because he's tried to lynch this slot that flipped town that he didn't actually push at all, my slot, and then these other guys I'm not gonna name."

ok bard

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You didn't just 'push glyph at deadline,' you literally tried to set up my lynch and his to occur on the same day hours in advance. You're ****ing scum or the most awful Town player that is somehow Miller to ever set foot in DGames, and I will literally never let you lead Town EVER as long as I am in a game with you. I can not understand why you would push Glyph if you thought he was Town unless you were trying to look good on a Town flip even after pushing his slot based on 'policy.'

Here's my full-claim:

Tsubaki, Town Even-Night Cop

The ability is called Eye of Iziao or something and I go blind after using my ability, hence why I can't use it a following night.
He's not leading town. If he was, then Glyfe's awful lynch never would've occurred. Moreover, he didn't push Glyfe, and that plan he put forth was merely an idea to double down and get a lynch while still removing the policy lynch slot--i.e., we wouldn't have wasted D2 like we ****ing did.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It's not irrelevant, you literally don't know a god damn thing about mafia mechanics. Quit acting like you know things that you don't.
Why is this the basis of your counterargument? Mods aren't consistent on whether or not they inform others they've been roleblocked. Moreover, Spak saw you going nowhere last night. One of you is guaranteed lying but I'm going to assume it's the guy spitting hellfire and brimstone over the guy merely asking questions.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I am actually an Odd-Night Cop. I lied during my full-claim to support the gambit even when you didn't let the interaction play out. I couldn't go anywhere last night because some turd roleblocked me on N1.
"oh look i'm actually an odd night cop how convenient"

ffs bardull

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm glad you don't buy it, because it makes my job THAT much easier. You're going down toDay.
???
"I'm an even night cop"
"But you didn't go anywhere last night"
"Jokes on you I'm actually an odd night cop but we should lynch this slot despite the lack of the guilty that I tried to claim on him"

wtf is this ****

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yes, but the contradiction wasn't inherently scummy.

I already affirmed I'm not a vigilante.

Based on what has happened in the previous day phases, including my interactions with Glyph, Maven, and some of the other slots that are either dead or missing, just how likely is it that I'm scum in your point of view?

Frankly, there's still the possibility that you're the scum roleblocker and knowing called my bluff.
"oh ho ho i was right about glyfe i was right about maven how can i possibly be scum?"

Because, and this is a lesson that every slot in the game needs to understand, being wrong doesn't make you scum and being right doesn't make you town.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I would be totally ok with being lynched on account of playing too good. It would really swell up my ego and be good ammo for the next game.

Also, it would be unequivocally more hilarious to laugh at Town drown this game after getting completely destroyed by the scum team/indy for making all the wrong calls, assuming indy is abductor. I will **** on Town so hard post-game that they will never, ever, ever forget it.
Yes Bardull. That would be why we're lynching you. Because this bull**** you're pulling right now is "playing too good"

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*walks into thread ready to bop Ryu for claming Tree Stump yesterDay which in turn gave a double flip*

*sees PR shenanigans*

*sobs and wants to run away*

*regains control*

My opinion on the situation? I lean on lynching FML over Bardull. But like, why is it when everyone claims it is so sloppy and just ugh.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Meanwhile, let's talk about your Fandangox push that you accurately said wasn't as good as you initially imagined and probably wasn't that well-founded but you went ahead and pushed anyway. Let's also mention that that same push is the only significant push I've seen from you all game before today. How's that "I was right about all of this" defense working?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
My opinion on the situation? I lean on lynching FML over Bardull. But like, why is it when everyone claims it is so sloppy and just ugh.
Why FML?
What happened to your Bardull push?
Y'know, the one slot in your "can die" pool that existed yesterday that you actually sat on?
Y'know, that one push that you tried to take credit for, the only one of which you actually wanted to interact with, when you either ignored, didn't mention, or outright deflected from comments/interactions/pushes about the other slots?
Y'know, that push that was actually mine?
Where'd that one go, J?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The key person I think to solving this is neither FML or Bardull to be quite honest.

It's Sparky's claim of tracking that is something that is befuddling to me. That doesn't make sense.

I feel Sparky is town, but I also feel Bardull is town. FML has been scummy nearly all game and just fits as scum.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Lynch all Liars is an incredibly bad policy, but you're a newbie, so I'm not surprised that you follow it. Stop following it and you might have my respect as a player later on if you're Town this game.

Don't make me slap you for not being good at being cheeky.
When will you actually present reasons instead of just appealing to emotions, authority, or some other higher power that's not actually relevant?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Why FML?
What happened to your Bardull push?
Y'know, the one slot in your "can die" pool that existed yesterday that you actually sat on?
Y'know, that one push that you tried to take credit for, the only one of which you actually wanted to interact with, when you either ignored, didn't mention, or outright deflected from comments/interactions/pushes about the other slots?
Y'know, that push that was actually mine?
Where'd that one go, J?

I re-read the game every night phase during the weekend and make notes. Adding onto Bardull's claim toDay and his insistence yesterDay to not answer my questions make sense. FML has been scummy for a while and I have mentioned that. I also have quite a bit of slots in the can die. Your fourth post is you getting blustery. Bardull was not just solely your push so get out if you think that.

Reads are fluid, Laundry. They don't have to be a wall of stubbornness.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
When will you actually present reasons instead of just appealing to emotions, authority, or some other higher power that's not actually relevant?

In tandem, since you brought this up. How does his emotion read as fake or generated? I disagree and actually feel it rings more true then FML's reaction to being called scum. Let's talk about the emotion of Bardull because he is an emotional player. I highly think that this will be imperative to learning who is right in the situation whether Bardull's emotions are real or fabricated.

And I'm also asking this of you because you are a highly emotionally explicit character yourself and would have insight.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I re-read the game every night phase during the weekend and make notes. Adding onto Bardull's claim toDay and his insistence yesterDay to not answer my questions make sense. FML has been scummy for a while and I have mentioned that. I also have quite a bit of slots in the can die. Your fourth post is you getting blustery. Bardull was not just solely your push so get out if you think that.
"Yeh here's a bunch of vague reasons for why my read completely flipped, that explains why I now think the slot that I deemed 'my push for today', the only slot I can actually claim to have pushed all game, is now a townread."

ok j

Reads are fluid, Laundry. They don't have to be a wall of stubbornness.
Don't lecture me.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If you wanna talk reads, I'm here.

If you wanna continue to misquote to appeal to your audience, I'll be elsewhere.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
In tandem, since you brought this up. How does his emotion read as fake or generated? I disagree and actually feel it rings more true then FML's reaction to being called scum. Let's talk about the emotion of Bardull because he is an emotional player. I highly think that this will be imperative to learning who is right in the situation whether Bardull's emotions are real or fabricated.
Don't act like you're better than me.

I don't give a flying **** about his emotion. I'm curious why that's his only defense to this entire bull****--"don't do this because it disappoints me. Don't do this because you're ****ing ********. This town sucks". What does any of that have to do with anything? Why are any of those reasons to lynch FML? Why does he need a bull**** gambit to get FML in the first place? Why is Spak scummy for revealing the gambit? The fact that he's emotional here is irrelevant. If anything, it looks like a giant ****ing reach on a slot nobody really loves. I just can't wrap my head around why he does it as either alignment.

And I'm also asking this of you because you are a highly emotionally explicit character yourself and would have insight.
Don't patronize me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
If you wanna talk reads, I'm here.

If you wanna continue to misquote to appeal to your audience, I'll be elsewhere.
What reads? Your reads are a bunch of vague, ethereal talk that don't actually exist and mostly just are there to look like you're scumhunting. Call me when you're actually doing anything of value instead of merely putting up an act.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm not lecturing you. I'm not acting like I'm better than you. I'm not patronizing you.

Sheesh.

Yeah, I'll be back tomorrow. Not in the mood to deal with this.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

Takamagahara

Smash Apprentice
Well, this has quite obviously gotten heated while I was at work. I've talked to multiple parties on their own, but this is just a PSA that we can keep things civil. There's no reason to go off the deep end. I love all you guys and don't want to see this thing go up in flames because we got hot headed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I haven't made a single snarky comment towards you nor anyone this game.

I agree with the mod that things are getting a tad heated and I will say this because I am making an announcement in the DGames Social.

Please refrain from using the "r" word because that is incredibly offensive to say. There are much better words that can be substituted for that. It honestly should be censored.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
mmm…I also find it interesting that J reads BarD’s emotion as genuine because I feel that way too. I don’t think he faked that. What we have to find out is whether that emotion is due to scum having their plans messed up by Spak’s check or town having their gambit messed up by Spak’s check. I’m honestly very confused as to why a town would perform a gambit like that though.

It’s also fun to see all these people coming out of the woodwork saying that BarD had to have been an odd night action per the roleblock notice on D1. Depending on BarD’s flip, it’s a good idea to note these people down (Laundry, FML).

But seriously, why would town!BarD do something like that? After what happened to Glyph for pulling off a ****storm like that, I don’t seriously think that a townie would try to pull off something as similar to it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Sorry guys. I went to cool off and made some money playing Black Jack, so I'm a lot more happy now, LOL! I understand I went a little far and have spoken to Ryker about it already, that was my mistake and it won't happen again.

Here's the thing: I'm, literally, I kid you not, the Cop, despite Spak's claim. Going into the Day, I wanted immediate attention directed at FML. Laundry is also very up there on my scumdar with his lack of protecting Glyph when we knew Glyph was Town, but FML was my first hit since he has been actively pushing my slot for essentially no reason this entire game. This is also why Raziek grinds my gears because he openly pushed Maven and allowed Glyph to get lynched while playing a very inactive presence throughout this entire game. It just does not feel like Town Raziek to me.

Being the Cop, there is no way in bloody hell I would have expected a Tracker CC. I don't know if said Tracker has any restrictions, but I figured my gambit was safe because a Cop + Tracker combo isn't likely considering I have never been in a DGames game with it. Of course, immediately after Spak calls me out on having no action, my immediate gut reaction is "oh my god this is the worst possible situation ever if he is telling the truth" because the gambit becomes ruined and gives FML an immediate defense. I tried to salvage the situation by dismissing Spak's claim but couldn't steer the travesty of the play in a way to get a better read on FML.

I'm so sure FML is scum this game, he has been so awfully wrong and pushing the worst avenues. Meanwhile, I have been defending players that I did not feel were scum while being conservative with my vote. I am careful with my vote because my agenda isn't just to lynch whoever I can whenever I can. FML on the other hand has shown that he is lynching people regardless of what his reads are. He claims to have felt Glyph was Town all game, but went ahead with the vote anyway. I do not believe that slot to be Town in the slightest.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Ok, time to buckle up. I finally have enough information to get something real out of votal analysis.

Known information:
Slickwilde, Maven, Glyph, RedRyu, Fandangox, and I are modconfirmed town.

Starting assumptions:
There are 4 scum (If there are 5, we've already lost barring special powers that can activate this day phase. If there's less, I'd rather hedge against the case where we could lose with a mislynch today)
Soup is strongly town (I can redo this analysis later without this assumption, but the fact that he went missing really strongly points in that direction, despite my feelings about him yesterDay)
Laundry is weakly town (this is my strongest townread, so I won't use it as a 100%, but I'm inclined to discard interpretations that lead to scum!Laundry)

So, let's start with the Maven wagon.
End of D1 said:
J (1): DtJGlyphmoney (#296)
Soup (1): mallorean_thug (#911)
Zaixl (1): BarDuIL (#1026)
DtJGlyphmoney (2): MoosyDoosy (#552), Spak (#896)
Maven (8): Raziek (#754), Laundry (#853), RedRyu (#870), FullMetalLynch (#977), Soup (#988), SlickWylde (#991), Fandangox (#1067), Maven (#1068)

Abstaining (2): Zaixl, J
The last 4 slots are all town, and 5 of the 8 votes are from town. Its highly unlikely that scum completely avoided this wagon, but at the same time, I highly doubt that all 3 scum piled on at the beginning and then went ahead and shot the remaining townies from that wagon last night. Like, unless they didn't expect anybody to do votal analysis at all, that was guaranteed to get at least one of them caught. So those 3 slots contain at least 1 town, and 1-2 scum. Its its two scum, rather than just one, I'd expect that one of them is FML, due to the way that scumteams unconciously avoid voting right after one another. Beyond that though, I don't have anything marked down for any anti-alignments between those 3.

So, if town is what pushed the Maven wagon through at the end, what made it inevitable?
Tied Maven and Glyph wagons D1 said:
Soup (1): mallorean_thug (#911)
Zaixl (2): SlickWylde (#561), Soup (#909)
DtJGlyphmoney (4): MoosyDoosy (#552), Fandangox (#892), Spak (#896), J (#970)
Maven (4): Raziek (#754), Laundry (#853), RedRyu (#870), FullMetalLynch (#977)

Abstaining (3): Zaixl, Maven, BarDuIL
We know now that both of these wagons were on town. So scum didn't really care which one succeeded, but would want to make it look inevitable that one of them would. I'd kind of expect there to be 1 scum on each wagon at this point, and two scum avoiding creating a viable alternative by wasting their votes. If that's exactly the case though, then the two scum abstaining are exactly Zaixl and Bardull, because we have known information on the rest. That could be correct, or there could be 2 scum on either the Glyph or the Maven wagons. I already covered the Maven wagon, and we'll get back to the Glyph wagon in a second, when I look at D2 votals. Let's take a detour over to what was looking like a possibility before we suddenly had wagons on two townies:

Height of Zaixl Wagon said:
MoosyDoosy (1): RedRyu (#403)
DtJGlyphmoney (1): MoosyDoosy (#552)
BarDuIL (1): Laundry (#599)
Zaixl (7): J (#266), mallorean_thug (#300), BarDuIL (#349), Spak (#357), FullMetalLynch (#494), SlickWylde (#561), Zaixl (#611)

Abstaining (4): Maven, Raziek, Fandangox, Soup
So either all 3 wagons we ran up Day1 were on town, or Zaixl is scum. Let's look at his wagon from the scum!Zaixl perspective first, since that was implied by earlier analysis.

Ok, with Zaixl all the way up at 7, this wagon could be all town, but I think that's doubtful. At least 1 member of the scumteam could have bussed here for some easy townpoints, but this early in the Day, I'd be kind of surprised at more than one (not counting Zaixl's selfvote, which was just wine), and I'd be very surprised if they were both in the 3-5 slots together. So antialignment points for [Bardull, spak, FML] If this really was a hyperbus and Zaixl only got to 7 from having 3 members of the scumteam on his wagon, the third basically has to be J. I find that pretty unlikely, and its more likely that there's only 1 scum between [J, Bardull, spak, FML] in scum!Zaixl world.

If Zaixl was town, pretty much all of that still holds, except that J + one of [Bardull, spak, FML] looks way more likely, instead of being a complete outside possibility.

I think that's all the useful info I can get out of Day1. Let's look at Day2.

End of D2 said:
J (1): DtJGlyphmoney (#1451)
FullMetalLynch (1): mallorean_thug (#1519)
Zaixl (1): BarDuIL (#1557)
BarDuIL (2): Laundry (#1308), SlickWylde (#1551)
DtJGlyphmoney (7): Fandangox (#1125), MoosyDoosy (#1126), Spak (#1413), Zaixl (#1445), J (#1520), FullMetalLynch (#1631), Soup (#1637)

Abstaining (2): Raziek, RedRyu
So the beginning and the end of the wagon is town, but the entire mess in the middle is pretty unsure. There should definitely be at least 1 scum in there, probably 2, very outside chance of 3, and I don't really have any strong-antialignments between any of them. We need more info, let's look at when the Glyph and Bardull wagons were tied.

Tied Bardull and Glyph wagons D2 said:
Fandangox (1): BarDuIL (#1103)
MoosyDoosy (1): RedRyu (#1161)
Soup (1): mallorean_thug (#1260)
Laundry (1): Soup (#1361)
J (1): DtJGlyphmoney (#1451)
BarDuIL (4): J (#1101), FullMetalLynch (#1232), Laundry (#1308), SlickWylde (#1393)
DtJGlyphmoney (4): Fandangox (#1125), MoosyDoosy (#1126), Spak (#1413), Zaixl (#1445)

Abstaining (1): Raziek
So, what really matters here is if these wagons are TvT or TvS.

If they're TvT, I'd expect the same pattern as D1, with scum spread out everywhere. One on each and two abstaining is actually not possible here though, since if we're assuming that Bardull is town, the only other candidate not on those two wagons is Raziek. That makes him almost certainly scum, and then there's 2 scum on one of the wagons. In this world, I could see [FML, {J/Zaixl}, {Moosy/Spak}] or [Moosy, Spak, {FML/J}] with Raz.

If Bardull is scum, then I'd expect to see a very different pattern. Either his entire wagon was town, or J tried to do some distancing that was a little /too/ effective, and they needed to swing the wagon elsewhere. If we assume his entire wagon was town, then the other 3 scumteam members are within [Moosy, Spak, Zaixl, Raz]. With toDay's events, spak is definitely not scumbuddies with Bardull. Which makes scum!Bardull worlds either [Bardull, Moosy, Zaixl, Raz] or [Bardull, J, {2 of Moosy/Zaixl/Raz}]

So if we hinge it on Bardull's alignment, I think the strongest scumteam possibilities are

If he's town [Raziek, J, FML, Moosy]

If he's scum [Bardull, J, Moosy, Zaixl]

Other things of note:

If you believe in my analysis and think that Bardull is town, [Raziek, J, Spak, Moosy] is the only possible scum team that doesn't include FML.

Regardless of your opinion on Bardull, there is only one scumteam my analysis produces that doesn't include Raziek, the [Bardull, J, Moosy, Zaixl] one.

J is a member of both of the possibilities that I think are strongest, but half of that depends on believing that his interactions with Bardull at the beginning of D2 could have been faked and distancing. Any uncertainty about that makes him way worse as the "hedge our bets" lynch.

mallorean_thug

Smash Apprentice
Having just reread the exchange from yesterday, I'm currently inclined to think that Bardull is town. As such, I'm join him in

Vote: FullMetalLynch

Which puts the current votal at:

FullMetalLynch (2): BarDuIL (#1650), mallorean_thug (#1760)
BarDuIL (2): Spak (#1654), FullMetalLynch (#1656)

Obviously that isn't nearly enough opinions or posts, given that we're already more than 24 hours into D3.

Top Bottom