• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Imma hit the other stuff when its not 2 am but im not calling soup indy. Get outta here with that.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Theres a comma missing, as the end of the quote clearly has the indy and soup being seperate. (Till the indy dies, soup comes back)

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Why aren't you even considering the possibility? His actions have been pointing to scummy behavior since the start of the game and you have stated no legitimate reason why you think he's town (other than not having a plausible reason to think he's scum, and I just listed many for you). You volunteered the idea of talking about him today, I started talking about him, and you instantly swept him off the table. I can't control what you do, but I highly recommend that you re-analyze the slot with an open mind and ask that you give a legit reason as to why you think Moosy is town.
-coughs- ok

Vote: Moosy

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It would be a bother and I frankly do not really care that much. I'll just withhold my vote to hammer or something.
If you're town and we kill you, it's pretty much game over. Please unvote yourself, and let us continue considering.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I think the Bardull/J/Zaixl/Moosy pool is exactly the right one.

J is a member of both of the possibilities that I think are strongest, but half of that depends on believing that his interactions with Bardull at the beginning of D2 could have been faked and distancing. Any uncertainty about that makes him way worse as the "hedge our bets" lynch.
Conveniently, I was going to outline this as well had I had time to get around to a post. Bardull is the only one of J's pushes that J actually committed to yesterday, and was the only one he went as far as to get credit on. Despite having a "would lynch" pool of Soup/Bardull/Glyfe/FML/myself, he rarely ever talked about FML, only banged Glyfe's drum because his play was anti-town and that he was a wildcard (he really wasn't), and only talked about Soup and I when pressed to do so by Raz/Soup. Even then, getting that information out of him was difficult. Why, then, did he commit so heavily to Bardull? Why, then, did he still take credit for leading that wagon when he seemed to want nothing to do with the rest of his lynchpool? It reeks of a bus to me.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
J has been a town lean for me pretty much all game. He has had scumhunting intent a vast majority of the time, has brought up multiple different points of view that nobody else thought of, seems to be basing his opinion upon a combination of meta and in-game evidence, and although he's been incorrect about people's alignments on numerous occasions, I could always see his reasoning. He has wanted to step back and view the game as a whole so far this game and hasn't been powerhungry for thread control as opposed to the spitfire J scum that I'm accustomed to.
What scumhunting intent? 90% of J's play has been hands-off. He deliberately dipped from the thread in D1 as soon as he got the opportunity to do it, dipped from the thread after Soup vs Myself, and is dipping from the thread now. His only hard push that I recall is on Bardull. The rest is some nebulous "would lynch" pool that nobody can ever pin down because he keeps that information to himself. I don't think he's had a hard push outside of Bardull and now that guy is suddenly town to him because he "reread".

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I hate this read.

Spell it out in detail. He has been literally wrong on everything and has very rarely stuff his neck out when it counts. He's been on easy lynchs while sitting in the Glyph tunnel.

I seriously do not get why people would put Moosy as town right now, what makes it so sure fire town?
My only reason is that I don't think his raw ignorance isn't scummy, just misguided. I'm just not at all a fan of his play in general.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
He has been wrong one too many times,
That's not a reason to scumspect someone. What was wrong about him being wrong? Don't simply cite the fact that he has been.

tried to set up my lynch and Glyph's to occur at the same time
I can't really fault this one. It was a last ditch effort to get a lynch that wasn't Glyfe, a lynch he knew was probably wrong, but couldn't swing because there were too many ****heads that wanted to lynch a slot they couldn't read. That's how I read it. I don't think it's a necessarily townie play but I don't believe that the action itself is outright scummy. What makes it scumsided?

absolutely dislike the arrogance that slot has had all game,
There are a lot of slots that have this general effect on the game to others, that's not a reason to lynch

has not at all protected his 'town reads' and hasn't tried to push alternative avenues that don't include myself/maven/glyph whom are all Town.
Where did he push Glyfe outside of that attempt to double down yesterday? As far as I'm aware, FML has been rather against that slot's lynch as well.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm reading Spak/Moosy's push on glyph as just not thinking hard enough about why he would do that. The difference is that FML claims he knew but played an incredibly passive role in the matter. Same with Raz and Laundry.
I was gone. I posted in thread that I was gone, that I was leaving due to the fact that my birthday was that Thursday, that my girlfriend was coming up to celebrate the day before, and that I had work on the day after that didn't get out until late. I came back and the thread was already closed. What do you want me to do about that?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
And why is that so scummy of FML and not scummy of J for doing the exact same **** with Maven? Same with yourself, honestly.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i didn't think glyph was gonna flip scum
I believed (and still do) that you will flip scum
I didn't think town was gonna be moved off of glyph (they didnt) unless i provided some way they could have glyph and i could get a slot i thought would actually flip scum. Ergo let glyfe kill himself via not using his ability and lynch you. So i dont see where you think i was trying to lynch glyph when the very idea i put forward was to not lynch him and see if he would die or show up to use his ability.
Hey look, it's exactly the motivation I thought he had!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
After reading that list, I am 99% sure FML is scum with Raz.

FML has literally no reason to think I am scum at this point. Zilch. Nada.

@Raziek you need to convince me that you're Town because we're going to collapse on you if you're not.
Your early game targets were ****. You held soup at arm's length with actual reasons to go on him but kept pressing the easy slots (Glyfe/Zaixl/Moosy/Raz).
You dipped off the Maven wagon at a convenient time for Soup and then randomly swapped to Zaixl, and then turned around and tried to use it against the people leading it just because they were wrong. Now you're ******** about slots that didn't protect their townreads when you're just as guilty of that yourself, if not moreso for using their townflip to your advantage.
Your push on Fandangox was, hilariously, wrong itself, and you even admitted that early into it but continued to push it anyway just because. Before D3, that is the only genuine push I have from you.
You have a giant ****ing connection to J in a very similar set of logic and both of your weird actions regarding each other don't look at all genuine. J's push on you being his only legitimate one this game is also very suspect in its own right.
You have gotten wildly defensive at everyone's suspicions of you.
Your entire gambit looks like the climax of a building case against FML--or rather, lack thereof, otherwise you wouldn't need a fake cop claim to try to swing others to it.
Your emotional appeals to others to lynch FML in place of any logical argument (because your actual "reasons" for scumreading FML are weak) is definitely off the mark.

Those are all reasons to scumspect you to me, honestly.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: You're also very uninvolved in the game up until this point and that's really only true of yourself and J in a game where we've had nothing but townflips.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
you were trying to get me and glyph killed at the same time. wtf are you smoking? this wasn't just an hour before deadline, you literally proposed this plan at least a day before deadline. you had already conceded to glyph's lynch as though it was something that had to happen. you have never at all defend glyph as being town and it makes no sense to me that you think i am scum after how i hard-defended glyph. i think you are lying through your teeth and i won't stop until you are dead.
The Glyfe lynch was gonna happen though. I wasn't there. Too many of the newer slots couldn't read Glyfe (Fanny, Spak, Moosy, Zaixl). J tipped things in their favor by that point by claiming he, too, couldn't read Glyfe (he could, he's smarter than that). At that point, you have to concede the lynch is happening, so he tried to get a lynch that he couldn't get beforehand. That's not scummy.

being wrong is scummy and suspect as ****, what are you talking about?
No it's not. This is a game that has a majority of its players completely unaware of the alignments of others. Most players are going to be wrong far more than they're going to be right. Being wrong, itself, is not scummy. This argument sucks.

orbo i hate to sound condescending but if you have been wrong on multiple occasions, your credibility goes out the window and you can no longer be trusted with pushing your agenda. that's how this game works.
that's fantastic i too don't trust ruy's pushes how does that make them scummy

me NOT showing up going ANYWHERE is proof that i was either roleblocked or that i am not scum with an ability that threatens town.
mafa cops exist

there is no proof that i'm scum from me gambit'ing your slot
no proof you're town either

an hour before deadline is even worse. the goal here is to not lynch people we think are town, the goal is to lynch people we think are scum
which he tried to do because he thinks you're scum

and avoid lynching town regardless of the advantage we might have.
yeh, nice qualifier. that wasn't happening and he was smart enough to realize that

you are trying to excuse yourself for voting someone on policy and disconnect yourself from any responsibility or liability. the fact is, chances are you're scum just trying to get away scott-free with the lynch by calling it policy. i don't understand why town would ever keep on pushing glyph and proposing the plan to have glyph/myself be killed on the same day.
wtf is this argument "yeh town won't lynch slots that they think are town meanwhile fandangox on the maven wagon purely to avoid a no lynch"

the raz push is not at all garbage and you're just awful scum trying to defend him for reasons i do not fathom. raz has been afk'ing from the spotlight and hasn't defended his town reads at all. i also feel like he did not consider town maven credibility and punished him for 'backpedaling' but 'backpedaling' isn't an inherently scummy action at face value. this seemed like a really easy push and i just can't respect raz this game as a result.
honestly i don't see a reason for anyone to scumspect raz because his play is not at all scum-sided. this banging on about the maven lynch and how the people who led it are scummy is bull****, nobody's explained how except for j trying to call me scum because i'm stubborn.

a townie would defend their town reads and push in other directions, you just hung up your coat and called it a day when glyph was getting lynched.
because, spoilers, he was. hence why fanny voted maven. hence why ruy voted glyfe. idgi bardull, it's like you're conveniently leaving out a very common action to push this **** on fml just to make your point work when everyone with a scrap of mafia knowledge knows that town votes slots they don't want to close to deadline

I on the other hand tried to stop the lynch multiple times and broke up an argument between him and J. I subsequently have infinitely more credibility than you and yet you are completely disregarded it as though i can still possibly be scum at this rate. honestly i think you've dug yourself in a hole and i think you realize this. there is like no way you can think i'm scum as a town player. i just flat out do not believe you.
"i broke up an argument look at me i'm so townie everyone bow down to me" - bardull

lmao what the **** is this ****

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
tl;dr bardull expects everyone to believe a cop with no results and swing a lynch on a guy for poor reasonings and gets mad and calls you **** if you don't bow down to his awesome towniness. don't be wrong guys, it makes you scummy! don't vote townies at deadline, guys, it makes you scummy!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I've seen enough.

vote: Bardull

Convenient, too, because if he flips scum then I can turn around and get a second scumflip on J like magic.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: You're also very uninvolved in the game up until this point and that's really only true of yourself and J in a game where we've had nothing but townflips.

Actually, lemme expand upon this because people are either gonna ignore it or ask me to do so anyway.

Mallor's analysis of the Glyfe/Maven wagons shows that the slots leading it were either town or are very likely town and are mostly townsided all the way to the end of the wagon. In a game where town has lead the lynches on townies, it's more likely that mafia is simply allowing town to implode upon itself rather than directing it into doing so. That makes me inherently suspicious of the slots with little involvement this game--for those keeping count, that's basically Raz/Zaixl/J/Bardull. 2 of those have low post counts. Two of those do not. Can you guess which two? I'll give you a hint, they're the likely scum in this game.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Wait, explain how J and BarD are connected again?
I think J's d2 push on Bardull was an obvious bus. I think Bardull's play is scummy independently. If Bardull flips scum, I'll pull out the details tomorrow, as I don't think it's necessary to talk those right now when I don't have the proof I need in hand.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
The long and short of it is that Bardull is J's only memorable push, that despite having a list of 5 slots that J wanted to die, J only pushed at one of them and pretty much avoided interaction with the rest of his list despite thinking that more than one were scum, and that J was pushing to take credit for that lynch had it happened despite the fact that I had been digging at Bardull since the day before and because of me others were looking at him too. The other point in that favor is, despite all that, J and Bardull have had eerily similar thought processes and conclusions about enough things for me to believe that this is not a coincidence.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
I think J's d2 push on Bardull was an obvious bus. I think Bardull's play is scummy independently. If Bardull flips scum, I'll pull out the details tomorrow, as I don't think it's necessary to talk those right now when I don't have the proof I need in hand.

What do you think of the people pushing on FML right now? mal_thug, J

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
What do you think of the people pushing on FML right now? mal_thug, J
Mal_thug has been a solid townread for awhile now and I don't fault his approach. He finds the slot scummy, and, to his credit, I don't think FML is outright town, but the fact that my top two scumreads are pushing him makes me think he more than likely is. His push is also partially fueled by process of elimination, which sucks for the people who haven't been eliminated from the scumpool yet, because some take the brunt of it due to not having any way to prove that they are town.

I still think J's scum. I still haven't even seen evidence for J to support an FML claim despite having him around in his "not actually a scum pool" scum pool since d2 and anything he comes out with now I won't believe as he's merely had it with no real support since that point in time as well. J's played way to ambiguously this game for me to trust any read he proposes to the thread as legitimate and unless he has this amazing case against FML, I'm probably going to dismiss it into the same dumpster fire into which I dismissed Bardull's case.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Laundry, why do you think you're alive? An honest question.
Frankly, I'm not sure. If anything I'd guess that I was both shot-at and protected N1 and mafia has avoided me like the plague since then but I have no real way of knowing. It could also be that mafia thinks they can lynch me for whatever reason (fitting right in line with J and Bardull spouting this jank **** about me being scum). That's about all I can think of without getting into specific hypotheticals.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Well, Laundry one last poke for you. If I tell you that J is 100% town and you have to look elsewhere, who would be BarD's possible teammate?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Me/zaixl/j/moosy omis completely wrong and he should know that based on thread interactions.
I've already outlined why I think you and J are scum together. Between the other two, it's honestly not that hard. Zaixl's some of the easiest bus bait I've ever seen in mafia. I doubt Moosy's scum but that's what PoE is for.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Well, Laundry one last poke for you. If I tell you that J is 100% town and you have to look elsewhere, who would be BarD's possible teammate?
You'd have to give me a damn good reason to believe J's 100% town before I consider that angle in the first place. The ground beneath his feet (and Bardull's) has shrunk too far for me to have strong other options.

Top Bottom