• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blazblue Mafia Extend: Game Over - NYANCAT In Charge!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
J said:
  • Never giving Soup an AtE pass again and I'm just going to lynch him when I think he is scummy.
It frankly saddens me to come back after years of absence and watch you continue to make a mistake that should have been logical to never make in the first place. You're better than this bro.

DISCARD EMOTIONS. ALLOW THE SALT TO FLOW. BE CRUEL.

Last edited:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I agree that the term "wifom" was thrown around a lot to dismiss valid arguments. For example, a few people (mostly me) said that Glyph doing what he did completely didn't make sense if he was scum, yet people were still paranoid of the slot to holy hell anyway and ended up lynching him.
When you get wrapped up in WIFOM to the point that you're not seeing the trees much less the forest, you chase yourself down rabbit holes and set yourself on fire. It blows up small issues into big issues and nonissues into small issues.

still, this beats the pants out of the OLD old days of 2010ish when people were still literally misusing the term lol

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
It frankly saddens me to come back after years of absence and watch you continue to make a mistake that should have been logical to never make in the first place. You're better than this bro.

DISCARD EMOTIONS. ALLOW THE SALT TO FLOW. BE CRUEL.
Haha I feel that I really do. It's only just in the instance of soup for AtE that threw me.

Emotions are the best weapons though. Two sides of the coin haha.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
J said:
Emotions are the best weapons though.
I almost want to un-retire just so I can dig up this gem everytime somebody tries to say AtEing isn't manipulative / is null / is whatever, forever and all time.

Since I will not do so, I freely encourage someone else to frame this quote on their wall and use it as needed :b:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Holy cow, I just looked at your join info. You are the 667th member of SWF and I was three years and 11 months old when you joined. Now I'm 18.

Feel old yet? :p

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm actually the 801st member. Many, many server moves ago, a bunch of the oldest members got wiped out or something

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I almost want to un-retire just so I can dig up this gem everytime somebody tries to say AtEing isn't manipulative / is null / is whatever, forever and all time.

Since I will not do so, I freely encourage someone else to frame this quote on their wall and use it as needed :b:
On it b0ss

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Team Shoutouts:

FML: I feel really bad that I ended up lynching you and I would have hated rolling your role. I think if I had tried to do votal analysis to find our last teammate, that would have worked. That said, you were playing pretty scummy, and I feel like it was mostly only getting a pass due to meta. But, you were there for us when mislynches needed to happen, so you definitely an important member of the team . . . that I ran over with an accidental buss. Hey, at least we got you the post death victory!

Soup: We definitely have completely different ideas of how you should play mafia, but it was a pleasure scumming with you. You withstood the hardest of busses, and came out looking even townier for it, and you were willing to do whatever the team needed to win, be it intentionally ****ting up the thread, hammering mislynches, or not getting to play the game for an entire week. I'd love to scum with you again.

Spak: Everytime you'd post your meandering walls, or your weak questions, I thought to myself "Oh no, spak's really going to get caught this time" Yet, you managed to talk yourself right back out of any sticky situations you found yourself in, and win over half the game. Even if I was a little harsh at times in scumchat, it was just because I was hungry for the W. And you were more than accommodating on all of my tyrannical requests. I /think/ that if you play this way again as scum, it won't be quite enough as the new player pass starts to wear off, but I'm sure that you'll be able to step up your game. I definitely would be excited to be on a scum team with you again in the future.
I honestly feel we did enough to get scum on track. My biggest mistake was not pushing bardull even harder D1, i could have boner jousted him all day over the fact he gambitted and backed up on it on a slot who'd been breathing down his neck all day.

Initially me and Orbo's plan was to be really townie and helpful but really just achieve as little as possible, I made a mistake in telling Orbo D2 we needed to tone it back because I was fearful that the game would become FML centric and we'd eat a NK for it. I should have kept being more proactive, especially because I had big posts written up on J and Bardull I was going to use to set up one of their lynches, but i never posted them out of thinking that if I came off too townie, scum would have to look at us.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I also made a huge error in not outright slamming bardull to the ground under a mountain of posts proclaiming my innocence and his scumminess over his gambit a la Circus Mafa when I literally buried Ranmaru under what still qualifies as the best string of posts I've ever put together under desperation.

I banked a lot on Laundry backing me up on Bardull, especially because I felt Laundry's push on Bardull was to set up J a following day. As soon as Laundry called me Indy I knew he was scum but there was nothing to be done about it. My eggs were firmly in the town laundry basket and if I had called him indy it would have been instant that people knew i was scum trying to sink the indy.

I also banked alot on Raz strong town reading me outweighing the wagon speed and wagon presence, I was hoping he'd come lightly defend me enough that I could claw some room out but he didn't, which i have to commend him for.

Really the only bad thing was me and Bardull literally dominated that whole day, and at the end of it town was only slightly better off with me flipping mafia, my flip didn't really reveal much except that bardull was right. And i hadn't done much bussing after D1 because spak was playing well enough i could dump him wherever i wanted in a reads post (usually lower end spectrum scum ) and not need to care to elaborate it. If town had been more willing to let my wagon sit at like l-2 or three, there could have been a lot of good discussion but instead it kinda turned into a d1 esque circus.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also, as a last point, town really should have double lynched, and you should have lynched Zaixl. It would have accelerated the game to a scum win to be fair, but letting glyph die for no benefit was a huge waste. Even if I had been the lynch, or Bardull or whoever, it would have actually MEANT something. Glyph dying didn't mean anything, and it didn't help anything either.

As an aside, I was really surprised more people didnt' call out that idea, because truthfully it is pretty damn scummy, like, I don't think there's a single pro town reason I could come up with that town would want to double down, especially for where the game was

Maven89

Smash Master
Revenge, probably. I was letting that get to me, I got really annoyed at his refusal to put any effort into defending himself. Decided "well he should die" and that was basically it. I tried to convince myself there was scum reasoning behind it but I think I really more just wanted to believe there was scum reasoning behind it. I don't know if other people had the same thought process (which I'm not defending, just paraphrasing what I was thinking) or if they were weirded out by him not using his day 2 power that he claimed he would use to justify himself.

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
As soon as Laundry called me Indy I knew he was scum but there was nothing to be done about it. My eggs were firmly in the town laundry basket and if I had called him indy it would have been instant that people knew i was scum trying to sink the indy.
I'm not sure how--the lack of information on the abductor made it hard to jump to any conclusions. Abductor is a common independent role and due to Mallorean getting RBed N1, we didn't know about the returning part until after you had been lynched. Given that the other indy had been announced, I figured I was looking for one and was playing it off like I was looking for two. I don't see how it was very scummy for me--I wanted to lynch scum and picked the one I thought would be in town's best interest to remove. Hilariously, I skimmed over ruy's bull**** on D2 and thought it had announced a miller instead of a traitor for whatever reason. Had I known that it was a traitor, I probably wouldn't have made the same claim.

:186:

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
lol no lie but i totally forgot what i did (but i know i DID do something ****in dickish) can someone remind me?

but like beef squashed amirite

edit oh yea i remember now nvm

Last edited:
Top Bottom