• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bill Without a Cause 9-19/20 Chapel Hill, NC: Melee, Brawl+, Brawl <-- Now Catgory 4

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Bill Without a Cause​

Thats right folks its the next Billfest! Everyone get hyped because its gonna be amazing. I am posting flyers on several nearby campuses so that we get a larger turnout then ever.

Important Update: Ok guys, my workplace is doing a canned soup drive right now and I would like to help out/look good at my place of employment. Here the deal: I will be collecting cans of food to bring to my workplace. They will then be donated to Feeding America, a national food bank organization. You can get easily find cans of food for under 50 cents so helping out wont cost you much. Please contribute to the cause. Thanks.

Heres the info:

Don't show up late. We are starting on time and we will start without you if need be. Please call if you are going to show up late, my cell phone is listed below.

Rules for all events:-
I am enacting a new rule at this: If you are late and you want to stay in the bracket you will have to pay a $2 fee (which will be put in the pot) to stay in the bracket. More then 45min. late and I may have to kick you out (or give you a loss) even if you have payed the fee. Don't freaking show up late.

-All semi-final's and final's matches will be recorded. I don't care if you don't want your matches recorded, it is not up to you to decide.

Location/Contact info:
425 Hillsborough St. Apt 6d
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Contact info:
-Heres my number: (980) 254-6422. Call me if you get lost or you have any questions or if you are going to show up late.

Pricing/Prize:
$1 door fee - Will be charged for each day. As in if you payed on Sat. you still have to pay on Sun.
Brawl singles: $7
Melee singles: $7
Brawl+ singles: $5
Brawl doubles: $15 per team
Melee doubles: $15 per team
Brawl+ doubles: $10 per team

Pot split for all events will be 60/30/10

Schedule:
9/19
11:00 Registration opens
12:00 Melee doubles starts
2:30 Melee singles starts
5:00 Food Break
6:00 Brawl+ doubles starts
8:30 Brawl+ singles starts
After Brawl+ ends people may stay as late as they like and we will have housing for everyone that needs it. There will be some tv's running all not.

9/20
12:00 Registration opens
1:00 Brawl doubles starts - we can start later if people have church jones, let me know.
4:00 Food Break
5:00 Brawl singles starts
8:30 Brawl Crews

I will be purchashing drinks (soda, water, etc.) which I will charge as little as possible for, likely 50 cents a piece.

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 35 ledge grabs and you lose the match.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

Brawl+ Rules:

* We will be using the latest Nightly Build and I will post a link to it later
* Items off.
* First stage will be determined through stage striking from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 50 ledge grabs and you lose the match.

Neutral:
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frozen)
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat
Wario Ware (Frozen)

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
4 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
---------------------------------------------

We need setups as always. Please post if you plan to bring anything and post what you plan on bringing so we can organize ahead of time.

Setups:
- NC-Billbro/Lord Karn: 2 Brawl's, 2 melee's, 4 tv's
- SP crew: 2 Brawl's, 1 melee, 2 tv's
- Seven vii: 1 melee, 1 tv (unconfirmed)
- DJ Rome: 1 melee, 1 tv (unconfirmed)
- Moophobia: 1 melee, 1 Brawl, 2 tv's
- KOkingpin: 1 melee, 1 brawl/brawl+, 1 tv (unconfirmed)

Totals:
-Brawl setups: 5
-Melee setups: 4
-Brawl+ setups: 2

----------------------------------------------

Please post if you will need housing or if you are willing to offer housing I will list everything below.

Those offering housing:
At venue- NC-Echo, Lord Karn, Mullins- Smith, PP, Vilt

---------------------------------------------

Please post if you will need a ride or will be willing to offer rides so that we can make sure everyone comes to this.

Needs a ride:
Crytalnite

Offering rides:
NC-Echo (I people close to the venue as a last resort since I need to be at the venue running the tournament)

--------------------------------------------
Nearby Food

Below I will post nearby restaurants and their numbers so that people may coordinate their food breaks.

McDonalds
409 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC 27516-2314
(919) 967-5788

B ski's
147 East Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 969-9727 <----- They Deliver

Qdoba
100 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 929-8998

Chipotle
301 W Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 942-2091

Franklin St. Pizza & Pasta
163 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 933-5277

Quiznos
169 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 929-2395 <----- They Deliver

Subway
122 E Franklin St, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 967-5400

Gumby's Pizza
306 W Franklin St # A, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 968-3278 <----- They Deliver

Jimmy John's
306 W Franklin St # C, Chapel Hill, NC
(919) 968-7827 <----- They Deliver

---------------------------------------

Interested/Confirmed attending
1. NC-Echo
2. Lord Karn
3. Mullins
4. Tho
5. LDPK
6 Arc
7. Werk
8. David
9. Andrew
10. Dr. PP
11. Stingers
12. Jim
13. Dark Hart
14. Foxy
15. TheAPExp
16. Ragnarok
17. Dub
18. Seth
19. Fiz
20. Rohan
21. Crio
22. Ph00tbag
23. Ace
24. Devin
25. Snap
26. Other SC players whose names I don't know.... sorry
27. ~mjg~
28. Other Kansas players whose names I don't know... sorry
29. rhan
30. Smith
31. YKB3000
32. Nick-O-Teen
33. RTF
34. D-Zo
35. Moophobia
36. Uncle
37. Ksk
38. Shady Penguin
39. Kieth
40. Jon?
41. Flamingo
42. KillerSOS
43. Omni Ostrich
44. Peter/ptown
45. Ali
46. Lozr
47. Zio
48. Gerod
49. TONE
50. Pyrospark
51. PLUR
52. Gfog
53. CJ Love
54. Projectiled
55. East
56. Stockfield
57. d_shep
58. Vilt
59. BHER
60. kackamee
61. IESCA
63. Phil
64. Mohr
65. KOKingPin
66. Other Tennessee players whose names I don't know... sorry
67. IceDeath
68. I'm posting fliers at local campuses so.... random scrubs from UNC
69. from Duke
70. from State
71. from Wake Tech
72. 313
73. ThrustMasterMango
74. Mitsurugi
75. Duo
76. Link
77. Issac

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Reserved for other necessary information.

---------------------------------
updates:
8/20, 10:18: updated food, ride, and setup info. added brawl crews to schedule.

8/24, 11:34: added interested/confirmed attending.

9/1, 9:18: updated pricing.

9/5, 7:21: updated with "Important Update"

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You know I'm all about Billfests.

Gettin' me some Bill... awww yeeuh

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol and I thought for sure the name would have something to do with Hurricane Bill. I'll try my best to be at this!

lord karn

Smash Master
We can probably have crews at some point once everything is done.

Also, everyone who needs to is encouraged to stay here overnight. Just bring blankets, etc!

GofG

Smash Champion
Wobbling banned?

It was legal at genesis. It would have been legal at herb2 if we had brought it up sooner.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
is this the day before omni's tourney?

edit: oh lulz, tis actually a month afterwards, im entering melee if anyone wants to team wit a jigg

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I will be in washington dc with my girlfriend from the 18th-21st. Sucks this conflicts with the only thing I have planned in september. Have fun though bros, I guess everyone will have to wait til the wilmywood classic to feel the intense pain from my sheik.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Welp i may come to this with a few of the TN B+ players. I will probably play melee too. I would also be bringing atleast one TV, Wii, Power strip.

Also dont you mean Pokemon Stadium 2 frozen? I dont think they have a frozen PS1.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'll definitely be coming to AT LEAST one day of this. Making both days will be tough, but I'll see what I can do. This is going to be awesome stuff.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll inform L0zR. See what he says.

Lord - I'm the only one in my group that checks these forums anymore.:laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom