• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bill Bill Bill & Lord Karnbro Present: Be a bro 11/15 *update

ptown

Smash Ace
which one of you bros wants my n64?
it has an expansion pak!!!
it's got dust too.

all you'll need to play it is the a/v cable.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'll thlap you tho thuper hard.

lawl at stingers.

I am actually procrastinating homework right now PP lol.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ROB boards says Marth v Rob is even...but I just can't believe it

You can't be that far ahead of me. x_x;

lord karn

Smash Master
Hahahahahahaha, stingers ur funny

I think ROB vs Marth is in Marth's favor, but not by too much. At higher levels of play the match up just gets better and better for Marth. If the Marth is playing right, you shouldn't be able to gimp him, and he's really hard to keep out of threat range to spam against. I guess ledge-camping might be the way to go, but that's gay and I suck at it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Even EL and NEO agree with all of the ROB peoples (OS included I believe) that it's 50-50. Maybe I'll tinker with ROB some to see how true that is...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
A Marth with perfect spacing will always beat a ROB because you just straight up outrange us...

And all of our projectiles are easy as hell to dodge.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ftilt has great range.

Your Fair is a great spacing/gimping tool too. Comes out about as fast.

Dtilt has IASA frames also, plus it trips.

Both good at gimping, but ROB can gimp Marth way better than vice versa.

ROB's Dsmash ***** spotdodges and rolls behind ROB, forcing the opponent towards the edge where they can be gimped.

Not THAT easy...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Your fair outranges ours...it's pretty close though. You have "perfect" spacing though, so I don't think I'll hit you with Fair that much

When does a marth ever get in a ROBs dtilt range? lol Ftilt is the only spacer we have against you

ROB does gimp better but marth doesn't get gimped at high level play. That's null.

And if you shield our Dsmashed we get a 20% Dancing Blade. WOO!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
My spacing is far from perfect...Marth has concentration johns.

Dtilt a shield? That's why it's important.

Marth isn't THAT hard to gimp. Change up Fair timings and hug. GG.

20%? That junk decays fast then. It goes down to about 10-12% usually. Not enough to do much with vs ROB who lives around the same duration of time that Marth does proportionately.

lord karn

Smash Master
I find that Marth kills at earlier percentages on average than ROB. Neither character should be gimping the other unless one player completely outplays the other. The fair is really good, but approaching with it against Marth is a really bad idea. Marth can fair imbetween, which completely outprioritizes ROBs fair. It seems easier for Marth to gain control of the match. Again, the matchup isn't that much of a disadvantage for ROB, in my opinion.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Marth should be killing later than ROB percent wise because ROB survives really well, but it's player matchup dependent.

ROB shouldn't appraoch Marth with Fair usually, but it's a great OOS option, and can be used to appraoch sparingly.

ROB may have to be slightly more defensive, but he has good follow-ups and AD prediction moves, making him a more adept damage racker.

I say it's pretty close also, but I'm not entirely sure on the advantage.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
ROB can go beneath FD right? bc if he can then you could ledgecamp every neutral except Yoshi's island. Just come up for breaks every once and a while. After that taking Marth to Rainbow cruise and/or Japes you should be fine.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ROB can go beneath FD right? bc if he can then you could ledgecamp every neutral except Yoshi's island. Just come up for breaks every once and a while. After that taking Marth to Rainbow cruise and/or Japes you should be fine.
That...wouldn't work. Ever heard of Ledgehogging?

And Ledgecaping is gay anyway.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
That...wouldn't work. Ever heard of Ledgehogging?

And Ledgecaping is gay anyway.
you are playing ROB...all you have to do is ^B for a sec and uair the marth, or, like i said you can cross the stage and continue.

Also we are talking about winning not playing nicely.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I need matchup experience...but you were too busy playing with better bros then me :(

Think you can come over to my house week after thanksgiving or somethin?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I could try, but I'm not allowed to really go anywhere in December except Forest City since those bros are so close...

Bro man, you're pretty good, but inexperienced. Plus, my character is better. Just keep practicing, and I'll do my best to help you get the experience you need.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I thought Marth was right behind ROB on the tier list? Or do you just mean you're better? Cuz yeah, you are lol

Just tell her how good we were with you in the car *cough* so she'll trust us more and let you come. Or somethin.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Marth is harder to play, thus less tourney rep, thus lower tier position.

It's not that, it's because I went to two Bilfests in the last two months.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Errr, they don't like me being so far away so often. Kinda sucks when it's not even a monetary problem so much as a worrywort one.

Top Bottom