• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yo, has a 10 wind punch(Non-Steamy) been discovered by the DK boards?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
GIMR you mean the super punch? I hope you arnt hiding any secret techniques from me lol
Well my friend who rarely plays the game showed me a 10 punch. I thought you could only 9 wind. Before I start researching it I would like to know if you guys already know of this.

And I'm talking about before the steam

D0N

Smash Ace
I know if you have 9 winds and you do one more but cancel it quickly, it doesn't give you steam. I never bothered to look into it and assumed the game is just not counting the wind up. Research would be nice.

ook

Smash Lord
yeah, you're supposed to cancel it right after the 10th woosh sound to get the full power of the 9 wind punch. It's been mentioned here a few times, so I think people know about it, but it's confusing because everyone still calls it 9 wind for some reason. The name just stuck I guess

D0N

Smash Ace
Yeah I did forget lol. Probly because of the name like you said. I remember now that you mention it though.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
it's OOK's birthday everyday....duh.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh I'll jump into this family, if you don't mind.

Real Name?
Otis. I swear I'm not a redneck, seriously.

How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?
This is a good one. I was really into roleplaying, and in one of the stories I played for, I had to temporarily take the role of "Soldier 2." Through some of the best, or worst, acting I've ever pulled, and a very snarky moderator, Soldier 2 became my permanent character for the entire game. He's based off the generic soldiers you see in any RPG; they're always in groups of 2. I choose to shorten it because I don't want people to think I'm some military soldier or a war-freak, and it'd be cool if people thought I was a salesman.

Your Age

Where You're From
Kentucky, but no really I'm a city boy.

A Picture Of Yourself
Renaissance Fairs!

Favorite Video Games
DKC series, Etrian Odyssey series, Paper Mario series, Pokemons.

Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?
Back in early '09, I was a Zelda main originally and sided DK for her bad match-ups(Marth/GW), his awesome CPs (Midwest stagelist yeah!), and the fact nobody seemed to like him. Then sometime Summer '09, I realized Zelda had some major problems(thanks OS :x), and quit her, stuck with DK. And I go to tournaments about once a month, but I really only like to stay in state.

Interesting Things About Yourself
I have a rabbit with a mustache. I've always wanted to grow a moustache too. I don't own brawl, nor a Wii.

Happy belated, and/or pre-emptive birthdays to all!

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Ah sorry! I knew I forgot someone but I had no idea who it was.

Wait a minute, I just searched your posts and you never put up a bio.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
thread title should be

DK mains are lazy: last update 8/20

Neon!

Smash Lord
*Real Name? Caleb Sherman

*How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?- In melee my tag used to be Neo because I loved the matrix trilogy. When i started watching some melee vids I realized that name was already taken. I decided to just change it to Neon after that. Also my first car was a dodge neon!

*Your Age- 18

*Where You're From- Keller, Texas

*A Picture Of Yourself- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=128126707211015&set=a.150945431595809.24743.100000410588022

*Favorite Video Games- Super Mario64, DK64, Starfox 64, Paper Mario, SSB, SSBM, Brawl, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts, Metrois Prime series, and lots more

*Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? When I first started playing Brawl I realized Dk had definitely been improved but I didnt take too much interest in him. I started playing online in the summer of 09 and used Rob and Snake. I used them at first because I was really only good at camping and didnt understand spacing very well. I started practicing with dk in friendlies and found out that he was really good. Ive gone off and on with him this past year but decided to stick with him after landing spots on two players "best ive played online lists" I also like getting respect, which is something you cant get if you play snake online lol. My first tourney was MLG Dallas 2010 where I was apparently the highest placing dk along with bigfoot making it to losers round 4. I really want to attend more tournaments but I'm limited by my schedule, I'll definitly be going to the world whobo in march though.

*Interesting Things About Yourself- I'm an excellent fossball and pool player and I used to be really good at DDR MAX. I made a combo video with Dk but its not that great, I plan on making another one soon. Im majoring in graphic design so let me know if you want a new signature.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Im majoring in graphic design so let me know if you want a new signature.
If anyone has experience with Photoshop or similar programs, I would appreciate it if someone could make nice looking tags to put in the corner of the video, to show who's the player. I'd also like if someone could create an interesting title picture.
Your name could go down in history as the best tag-in-corner designer in the history of the world, just sayin! :awesome:

Oh, but really I would put you down in the credits as that, or at least the description.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Your name could go down in history as the best tag-in-corner designer in the history of the world, just sayin! :awesome:

Oh, but really I would put you down in the credits as that, or at least the description.
I'm gonna go ahead and take that as a complement, I love designing signatures even though I'm not that great yet.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I'm trying to make it active again. :(

I need to start assigning Peach mains in every dead board. We're talkative and never shut up. :D

Good thing I main DK too.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
Soo...is anyone ever on the chat box thing?

I only saw Jebu, but that was my first time being on it, lol...

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
wait wait free shirt? hell yeah ima get it first day!
Funny, because I stopped by Toys R Us today out of boredom and kept seeing the DKCR everywhere I walked in the game section. Then I walked further to nintendo brand shirts, and I saw my beloved there...

Donkey Kong, waiting for me on a dark green shirt with a thought bubble of bananas...

*Gasp* everything is XL AND XXL!!

No, but wait! There's HOPEE!!

ONE MEDIUM WAS LEFT.

I TOOK ET.

ES MIINE.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
hey guys. spain is awesome. I want to smash with someone but there is no one so far.

+7 hour time difference. its 5:30 when I post this

Top Bottom