• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidoof Academy - Pokémon Trainer Q+A Thread

Bomber7

Smash Hero
well at least they got Link on High Tier. We all know IRL he's kill everyone including MK. However I think PT is going to **** MK in the face and take SS tier.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Hey tankzortz I use wiichuck as well. If you have the directional pad set to smashes like I do, just do it like a pivot grab. Z + Dpad away from opponent, if you did it right, you will get the slide and if u mess it up you get a pivot pivot grab.

Can't find a single thing I can't do with wiichuck as well as GC.

I have a question for the squirtles out there. Can water gun stagespike people? I am quite certain that I have stagespiked a Ganon with it, but I can't seem to do it again. Can this only be done against certain moves?

Vermy

Smash Champion
Cannot stagespike.
Not possible.
I doesn't cause knockback at all, but "pushback". You can watergun people under the stage though. No-one uses it except for the odd lol kill on well, Ganondorf.

Tesh

Smash Hero
*shrug* can Ganondorf stagespike himself if pushed into the stage? It was a 1v1 on battlefield, nothing else could have done it I think.

Vermy

Smash Champion
If Ganondorf was performing a move at the time you could have sent him into water induced hit lag, which means he "hit" the water and it slowed him down, and since its Ganondorf, made him die because his recovery is balls.

Kith

Smash Ace
Hey tankzortz I use wiichuck as well. If you have the directional pad set to smashes like I do, just do it like a pivot grab. Z + Dpad away from opponent, if you did it right, you will get the slide and if u mess it up you get a pivot pivot grab.

Can't find a single thing I can't do with wiichuck as well as GC.

I have a question for the squirtles out there. Can water gun stagespike people? I am quite certain that I have stagespiked a Ganon with it, but I can't seem to do it again. Can this only be done against certain moves?
I have a video on my friend's wii that very much looked like a watergun stage spike as well. I'm going to be posting it soon as soon as I see him again and can get it on my computer.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm certain I have seen this before with link's boomerang as well. Its always a hilarious "oh you were gonna ledge drop but the stage gave you a bearhug".

tankzortz

Smash Apprentice
i was thinking of just rather have dpad for utilt. Whens a good time to start shellshifting?

Tesh

Smash Hero
You can't set tilts on wiichuck can you? In any case for Utilt and Dtilt, you can do those easily by holding up or down on the nunchuck and then pressing Up and Down respectively for up and down tilts. You can even do this while walking by holding a diagonal between forward and up/down. Useful for keeping people in squirtle's utilt lock longer when they SDI or just walking forward and dtilting with ivy and zard.

Shell shifting is great for an evade and counter maneuver. I use it with hydro grabbing to evade things I wouldn't be able to shield grab normally. Make sure you know how to shell stall (pausing the turnaround animation briefly) and "sling" aerials with shell shifting momentum.

T-block

B2B TST
DI is pretty universal =\ horizontally as much as you can if you're sent vertically. DI up if you're hit horizontally, especially since all three have a rather lacklustre recovery.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Sorry, I didn't mean DI, I meant momentum cancel, I know universal DI lol.

What aerials must be used to momentum cancel if you are sent towards the sides, and towards the ceiling? I'm curious about Ivy's Uair when going towards the ceiling

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Thank you, non meta game related question

How did yall come to the conclusion of the genders of the pokemon? Ivy is a female??? Is Jiggly a female for sure??? How did yall find out?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
How did yall come to the conclusion of the genders of the pokemon? Ivy is a female??? Is Jiggly a female for sure??? How did yall find out?
i checked. with my d*ck. yeah, i just used golduck's psychic powers to determine it

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Well since pokemon trainer is red

i concluded that the pokemon that red has in the manga have the same genders as in brawl therefore

Squirtle = male
Ivysuar = male
Charizard = male

Dont believe those people that say ivy is female

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If you guys actually think Ivysaur sounds like a girl, I'd hate to see the chicks you hang out with.

Technologikall

Smash Apprentice
Thank you, non meta game related question

Personally I use the gender ratio's/differences. That's about the most objective way to do it. Which means:

Pikachu = Male (His tail shows it)
Lucario = Male (75% chance)
Jigglypuff = Female (75% chance)
Squirtle = Male (87,5% chance)
Ivysaur = Male (87,5% chance)
Charizard = Male (87,5% chance)

But this has been brought up to many times, so it's the last thing that I say about it. Well not really. I also want to say that everyone should just be objective so that this discussion will never again arise. I don't see the point of typing the extra letter anyway, especially not when you're likely to be wrong and when it causes people to make pointless discussions like the one I am now participating in.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
how about I just Ivy FFA against Reflex and Zigsta at LasT4, winner decides what sex Ivy is.

Top Bottom