• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bidoof Academy - Pokémon Trainer Q+A Thread

peeup

Smash Lord
How abusable is Squirtles jab combo? I use it like all the time and it is almost always helpful, but that's in online play. Does that usefulness translate to offline play?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Hey probably my first time posting here in the PT boards so sup, but I've been playing and favoring PT quite a lot and I'm enjoying my progress however I'm still lacking a lot of knowledge of the character(s) to fully grasp them for a Main/Secondary:
PT
  • Where is a Hitbubbles video of each pokemon? I couldn't find any video and I'm really curious to see all their moveset hitboxes
  • Is there a certain way to increase time being in a pokeball (to decrease fatigue)? And if so, does the time being in a pokeball add onto the time of sitting on the revival platform? (Regular switching, Zero-Switching, being KO'd and being on the revival platform)
  • Are you glad that Elemental Weaknesses didn't add anymore weaknesses like Ice and Electric?
Squirtle
  • Has anyone experienced their dash attack spiking/meteor smashing like I have? Wish I had a replay for you to watch but couldn't save it. All I can say/share about it is it occurred while I was squirtle dash attacking DDD while on Frigate on the 2nd transformation.
  • Do you think that Squirtle Dash Attack can stage spike with any potential?
  • For Squirtle being the lightest character in the game, is there any ways to help him with proper DI/MC? B-reverse Water Gun charging or Withdraw helpful? seems like U-air to a D-air drilling downward is good momentum canceling for being launched.​
That's all for squirtle for now I guess​
Ivysaur
  • Is there a hitbubble key to show of where in the air we can tether vine whip? stages like Halberd and Delfino can be especially helpful.
  • Do we get the invincible start-up frames of Bullet Seed before landing?
  • Do you guys think that SH B-air / F-air + Bullet Seed is safe? SH N-air + Bullet seed buffered doesn't seem to have the start-up frame to knock them up which means either they're able to shield the bullet seed until the amount of shield-stun pushes them away enough to punish, or we land the bullet barrage and get the best punish/combo damage rack-up ever.
pretty much it for now on Ivy​
Charizard
  • (sorry for a lazy question but I wanna ask) Can Charizard Stutter-step along after Facade-Stepping? (Example can be a facade-step to stutter-step backward even more with F-smash going left to make a huge stepping smash).
  • What is the most favored / best way to cancel momentum with Charizard? Would Wave-bouncing Flamethrower or Rock Smash even help canceling more momentum or facing away before getting punished launched off stage to B-air and then B-reverse help either or more?
  • Doesn't U-air slightly raise up charizard while jumping and buffering U-air & if so, shouldn't we be doing this a lot more for recovering?
  • How many characters of the cast can Charizard grab release into any follow-up? Eggsactly how many? :yoshi2:
  • Is it relatively possible to first hit B-air spike consecutively over and over just free falling? *smirk*
Other than that, that's all my questions PT Boards.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I'll respond shortly my friend that wall of text is going to take a minute to respond to and that is time I don't have right now.

After work I will respond!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Hey probably my first time posting here in the PT boards so sup, but I've been playing and favoring PT quite a lot and I'm enjoying my progress however I'm still lacking a lot of knowledge of the character(s) to fully grasp them for a Main/Secondary:
PT
  • Where is a Hitbubbles video of each pokemon? I couldn't find any video and I'm really curious to see all their moveset hitboxes
    We have struggled to get an archive of available hitboxes up, but I know it is floating around here somewhere. Hopefully Reflex can shed some light on this
  • Is there a certain way to increase time being in a pokeball (to decrease fatigue)? And if so, does the time being in a pokeball add onto the time of sitting on the revival platform? (Regular switching, Zero-Switching, being KO'd and being on the revival platform)
    For every second a pokemon is in the pokeball it covers 5/3 a second of fatigue. Also if I remember correctly(And I am digging deep here) once a pokemon is KO'd a certain amount of fatigue time is immediately removed.
  • Are you glad that Elemental Weaknesses didn't add anymore weaknesses like Ice and Electric? I am happier they didn't include electric because I personally think the PT vs. Pikachu MU is doable after seeing Relfex vs. Esam, but Ice wouldn't have mattered much to me because if lucas actually manages to hit me with a PK freeze I should die anyway.
Squirtle
  • Has anyone experienced their dash attack spiking/meteor smashing like I have? Wish I had a replay for you to watch but couldn't save it. All I can say/share about it is it occurred while I was squirtle dash attacking DDD while on Frigate on the 2nd transformation.

Yes I have because I was mocking Vinnie since he always used to stage spike people with G&W's dash attack at the edge. Squirtle's dash attack isn't guarenteed to stage spike but it does send the enemy up and behind you, so if the opponent had just dropped of the edge there is a chance they will get stagespiked. Also if they DI towards the stage as they get hit, then they will also get stage spiked.. Don't bank on it being a serious option.
  • Do you think that Squirtle Dash Attack can stage spike with any potential? See above for the no
  • For Squirtle being the lightest character in the game, is there any ways to help him with proper DI/MC? B-reverse Water Gun charging or Withdraw helpful? seems like U-air to a D-air drilling downward is good momentum canceling for being launched.
    Thats incorrect information as squirtle is tied for second lightest in the game with G&W and Jiggly is the lightest. Proper DI and momentum cancelling will always help immensely since squirtles withdraw stops all motion and moves forward immediately. You can watch some videos of reflex to see it in use because he momentum cancelled like that quite a bit.
That's all for squirtle for now I guess​
Ivysaur
  • Is there a hitbubble key to show of where in the air we can tether vine whip? stages like Halberd and Delfino can be especially helpful.
    Yes but yet again I am going to need to dig, quite a bit of your questions are in older threads you just have to dig through them to find the info.
  • Do we get the invincible start-up frames of Bullet Seed before landing? If I remember correctly we either have invincibility on frame 4 or until frame 4. I believe this still applies while Ivy is in the air, but let it be noted that the initial pop up hitbox of grounded bullet seeds only hits grounded enemies. It will not hit enemies in the air.
  • Do you guys think that SH B-air / F-air + Bullet Seed is safe? SH N-air + Bullet seed buffered doesn't seem to have the start-up frame to knock them up which means either they're able to shield the bullet seed until the amount of shield-stun pushes them away enough to punish, or we land the bullet barrage and get the best punish/combo damage rack-up ever.
    I wouldn't say either of those options is safe because a whiffed bullet seed is never safe, you should utilize the startup invincibility of bullet seed as more of a hard read kind of option.
pretty much it for now on Ivy​
Charizard
  • (sorry for a lazy question but I wanna ask) Can Charizard Stutter-step along after Facade-Stepping? (Example can be a facade-step to stutter-step backward even more with F-smash going left to make a huge stepping smash).
    I am just about certain it is one or the other, but I have never tried myself so some experimenting will need to be done.
  • What is the most favored / best way to cancel momentum with Charizard? Would Wave-bouncing Flamethrower or Rock Smash even help canceling more momentum or facing away before getting punished launched off stage to B-air and then B-reverse help either or more? I don't believe Zard has an outstanding way of momentum cancelling so I find DI to be way more important, after that it is just looking for his fastest aerial which I believe is either B-air or U-air.
  • Doesn't U-air slightly raise up charizard while jumping and buffering U-air & if so, shouldn't we be doing this a lot more for recovering? It slightly moves him up but locks him in that animation for some time, so it isn't an outstanding option for recovering.
  • How many characters of the cast can Charizard grab release into any follow-up? Eggsactly how many? :yoshi2: The major enemy there will be yoshi, but beware ZSS has a standing infinite with grab releases on squirtle which is way more devestating. Honestly squirtle has a way bigger problem with this then Zard.
  • Is it relatively possible to first hit B-air spike consecutively over and over just free falling? *smirk*Possible yes, probably no and heres why. The semi-spike hitbox of Zards B-air is from the first hit of the attack where Charizard actually hits the enemy with his claw and in order for you to do that you have to position B-air slightly above the enemy. In order to do this multiple times you would be dealing with difficult positioning and a tight frame window which makes it rather difficult to utilize as a steady option.
Other than that, that's all my questions PT Boards.
Answers are in the quote feel free to ask more because all of this jogging my brain for info is good! This way I remember all of this when I am playing!

CoonTail

Smash Lord
How abusable is Squirtles jab combo? I use it like all the time and it is almost always helpful, but that's in online play. Does that usefulness translate to offline play?
Sorry I didn't see this here man!

Squirtles jab combo has quite a few uses offline, but online it is way more impressive. Offline you can utilize it out of a grab release, you can combat walk a jab combo, and you can utilize single jab as a nice mixup to stuff certain options/clink with them because it comes out on frame 1.

You have to be weary about abusing the full jab combo offline because it can be SDI'd, but if your smart and utilize combat walking then someone who SDI's out is very likely to get hit by the combo again. Also fatiguing the jab combo helps a bit as it gives them less knockback to SDI.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Squirtle
  • Can you Hydrograb a Nado?
Ivysaur
  • Has Ivysaur's Bullet Seed been tested to break any low % chaingrabs like Fthrowing across stage or chaingrabs such as Falco and DeDeDe Dthrows?
Charizard
  • Thoughts on Rock Smash punishment / Rock Smash Trading?
    Examples:
    Air: Challenge an aerial with SHRS or FHRS in hopes to punish and/or trade %.

Ground: RS against a jab, tilt, dash attack, smash, or grounded special move to either trade % or punish.

Edit: Also noticing difference of timing with Rock Smash Punishment varies between many outcomes of RSP or RST. One outcome being RSP absorbing most of the opposing move's hit-box, %, and knock-back while dealing RST % damage with some or barely any knock-back. Sometimes we get RST and the enemy hit-box clash and trade % with either reduced, unchanged, or strong knock-back. One more example of RSP involves the best-case scenario of RSP/RST, which on contact absorbs the opponent hit-box completely and fully punishes with huge % damage and strong if not stronger knock-back capable of KO'ing.
Those are all my edited burning questions I got for now!​

Last edited:

CoonTail

Smash Lord
My bad friend I didn't even notice this, but will make sure to take some time out soon to get this all answered for you!

AND I ACTUALLY COME BEARING A QUESTION......even if it is aimed at Luis(Reflex) a bit more than anyone else.

How much testing was done on squirtle's combat walking/how viable was combat walking found to be with squirtle?

As I play more top end players who SDI a lot more I need to compensate for when they SDI my jab combo, so I started implementing combat walking into my training regiment. My thoughts are by utilizing combat walking I can manage to continue the jab combo if they SDI out OR just cut the jab combo short to allow me an opportunity to grab my opponent after they SDI out.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Edited my post with the new questions, hopefully it's cleaner and took out some paragraphs. The edited comments I posted are tiny things I tested myself once I got to play

Oh, that's similar to jab canceling by characters who don't step forward when they jab.
Too bad only 3 can do it =( Squirtle's looks like the best though out of the 3

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Ivysaur - ledge-bouncing
Ivysaur can use a mix-up by jumping airborne over stage ground with either a ledge-jump or a ledge-hop followed up with buffering a Vine Whip at the right area and time re-grasping with your vine tip. With little stalling air-time, inputting any button(s) makes you tether sling back to ledge. Once the retract animation ends and you make contact with the stage ground/ledge, the tether ledge-grab is canceled causing you to bounce off the stage/ledge similarly resembling your ledge-jump. Once you ledge-bounce, you may input anything such as: double jump, special(s), aerials, FF, or AD. Because it closely resembles your ledge-jump option, there's a possibility that intangibility could occur. (Needs testing)

To me it's just another mix-up to throw your opponent off because chances are they've no idea what you're doing.

Ivysaur is trying to learn Bounce but already knows four moves! What move should be forgotten?!

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ivysaur - ledge-bouncing

(Sorry for asking this already if I have. I apologize ahead of time but didn't find my question so here's a long explanation into my question)

3. You can strictly time a ledge-jump buffered Vine Whip tether-grasping ledge before being out of range, you can re-grasp ledge using fake-out! doing any one of the multiple situations/scenarios including slinging back to ledge for invinci-frames.
The problem for vine whip is it starts slow:
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/trainer-frame-data-now-complete-maybe.224610/
Up B:
Start up: 1-21
Hit: 22-25
End: 47
and then causes free falling. So Ivy would have 21 frames of vulnerability after letting go of the ledge and can't quick Zair edgehog like Link (who's Zair searches for the ledge and grabs it frames 1-5). The opponent could hit Ivy or edgehog and Ivy would fall to his death.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
The problem for vine whip is it starts slow:
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/trainer-frame-data-now-complete-maybe.224610/
Up B:
and then causes free falling. So Ivy would have 21 frames of vulnerability after letting go of the ledge and can't quick Zair edgehog like Link (who's Zair searches for the ledge and grabs it frames 1-5). The opponent could hit Ivy or edgehog and Ivy would fall to his death.

Idk about the frame data cus I haven't been too exact with my PT frame perfection but. I was a bit confused when you said "after letting go of the ledge and can't quick Zair edgehog", I was thinking you meant when ledge-dropping away and then getting hit? Or did you mean when Ivy jumps up with any jump button input then getting hit and then edgehogged? Cus I definitely agree with this which is why I want to practice the ledge-hop tether bounce option if I can get it to work. Grabbing the ledge getting invinci-frames then ledge-hopping quickly you still have some invinci-frames as you ledge-hop. If it's possible to be airborne barely over stage and do the Vine Whip Bounce then I'd consider that option far more.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Idk about the frame data cus I haven't been too exact with my PT frame perfection but. I was a bit confused when you said "after letting go of the ledge and can't quick Zair edgehog", I was thinking you meant when ledge-dropping away and then getting hit? Or did you mean when Ivy jumps up with any jump button input then getting hit and then edgehogged? Cus I definitely agree with this which is why I want to practice the ledge-hop tether bounce option if I can get it to work. Grabbing the ledge getting invinci-frames then ledge-hopping quickly you still have some invinci-frames as you ledge-hop. If it's possible to be airborne barely over stage and do the Vine Whip Bounce then I'd consider that option far more.
Link can quick Zair edgehog and not lose invulnerability frames. He can actually build up invulnerability frames by doing it fast enough, up to 3 times. Shown at 1:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o4FIhHni6Ak#t=86

Ivy's upB is so slow that she will be vulnerable no matter what she does from the ledge and a safer option would be simply ledge drop>double jump to regrab the ledge. Ivy's ledge invulnerability frames can't overlap or build up :(

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Ivy's upB is so slow that she will be vulnerable no matter what she does from the ledge and a safer option would be simply ledge drop>double jump to regrab the ledge. Ivy's ledge invulnerability frames can't overlap or build up :(
Unfortunately yes the fastest option of getting ledge-frames with tether Whip is to ledge-drop and isntantly use Double Jump to a Vine Whip tether grab again and sling in real fast and then react from that next ledge-grab

Rizen

Smash Legend
Unfortunately yes the fastest option of getting ledge-frames with tether Whip is to ledge-drop and isntantly use Double Jump to a Vine Whip tether grab again and sling in real fast and then react from that next ledge-grab
No, I meant it's faster to not use vine whip at all.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
My bad I hoped Ivy had something faster to use with Vine Whip Tether =( What do you recommend for quicker ledge-stalling tactics to re-grab ledge without using Tether?
Up B:
and then causes free falling. So Ivy would have 21 frames of vulnerability after letting go of the ledge and can't quick Zair edgehog like Link
  • Wait Is this UpB frame data for ground, air, or both? Also posting some questions:
  • Ivysaur's frame data according to the above info is for normal situation of pressing UpB whether you're grounded or you jump in air, does it also apply to Tether Lag or no Lag Cancel? Tether cancel with lag involves doing a SH UpB landing on top of a BF platform for example. Also:
  • When Ivysaur is knocked off stage from any heavy horizontal launching momentum, Ivysaur could ledge-grab with UpB tether much like Link's chain can correct? (Never had a chance to try this yet during a match)
  • Kind of following up with the last question: When Ivysaur gets hit from any move and is put in hit-stun, shortly after hit-stun ends you still carry some momentum with you. Instead of rising up a tiny amount slinging down dangling, instead you fall while tether-grabbing ledge. Is a momentum-carried Tether grab faster frame-wise overall compared to a regular Tether grab?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^TBH I only second PT and just copied the frame data from this thread
I'm guessing the data's the same ground and air. To ledge stall I just drop and jump to regrab the ledge.

I've never seen an Ivy 'whiplash' like Link (who's Z tether works instantly). I imagine it would work but only if Ivy is launched a short distance because Ivy must be in the tether's reach 22 frames after being launched and launches can shoot a character away much faster than that. I just momentum cancel and recover like normal.

I'm guessing all Ivy's tethers start at the same time. A PT veteran might know something I don't.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Right on Rizen, when I have some free time today I'll test to see if Ivy has a whiplash tether grab. Thanks though I'll have to really try that whiplash out to see if it works wonders for Ivy. I'm also seconding PT trying to soak up all this feedback so thank you. The feedback I read gave me more interesting ideas for edge-guarding / ledge-control but I'll need more mindcrafting.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
  • When Ivysaur is knocked off stage from any heavy horizontal launching momentum, Ivysaur could ledge-grab with UpB tether much like Link's chain can correct?
  • Answer is: Yes Ivysaur can whiplash tether grab the ledge from any horizontal launch as long as Ivysaur makes contact with the stage surface when getting hit. When you bounce and slide off stage without teching, you are able to input any special attack such as UpB tether grab. This is doable at high % as well.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This may be seen as a stupid question but...

What are the BnBs for each Pokemon?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Most of PT's useful stuff requires you to be a step ahead and further than neutral position. Brawl rarely has reliable combos, too.

In neutral, Squirtle makes good use of shellshift B-Air, Ivysaur has various timings of B-Air -> F-Tilt, and Charizard can land a full Rock Smash -> U-Smash at lower percents. Grab-release -> Jab for Squirtle is okay, and Grab-release -> various options are pretty strong for Charizard (though not guaranteed).

Squirtle combos upward, so landing U-Tilts goes into U-Airs.

PZ

Smash Lord
How exactly do I DI out of Bullet seed? Also how can I DI the first hit of a grounded bullet seed(the one that pulls the character toward Ivy) to avoid the other hits?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You just hold Up and the direction Ivysaur is; once you're in, there's not much else you can do. You can also SDI the the pop-up hit in the same direction to try and avoid it.

PZ

Smash Lord
You just hold Up and the direction Ivysaur is; once you're in, there's not much else you can do. You can also SDI the the pop-up hit in the same direction to try and avoid it.
Thank you very much. For the longest time I was not sure how I would sometimes get out of the pop-up hit(yay! random mashing while going "no ivy please no....please D:") but now that you have explained it I understand clearly what I must do. Sad to hear you can't do much about it once stuck in. It pretty much guarantees 15-20% on a lot of characters if connected of course.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
His U-Smash is one of the best out-of-shield options in the game. It hits on Frame 6 and starts low in front of him.

Also, while this may sound obvious, his great grab is also a strong out-of-shield option.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Would be great if there was a way to out-of-shield turn-around-jump-canceled U-smash, but there's just turning around first then doing OoS JC U-smash.

Edit: Also I majorly edited my questions above could anyone answer them? Sorry but thank you~

Squirtle

Ivysaur

• Has Ivysaur's Bullet Seed been tested to break any low % chaingrabs like Fthrowing across stage or chaingrabs such as Falco and DeDeDe Dthrows?
Charizard

Examples:

Ground: RS against a jab, tilt, dash attack, smash, or grounded special move to either trade % or punish.

Edit: Also noticing difference of timing with Rock Smash Punishment varies between many outcomes of RSP or RST. One outcome being RSP absorbing most of the opposing move's hit-box, %, and knock-back while dealing RST % damage with some or barely any knock-back. Sometimes we get RST and the enemy hit-box clash and trade % with either reduced, unchanged, or strong knock-back. One more example of RSP involves the best-case scenario of RSP/RST, which on contact absorbs the opponent hit-box completely and fully punishes with huge % damage and strong if not stronger knock-back capable of KO'ing.

Last edited:

T-block

B2B TST
Would be great if there was a way to out-of-shield turn-around-jump-canceled U-smash, but there's just turning around first then doing OoS JC U-smash.

Edit: Also I majorly edited my questions above could anyone answer them? Sorry but thank you~

Squirtle

[/COLOR]
Fairly confident that you can't. There may be super specific spacing/timing cases where you could pull it off, but it certainly wouldn't be reliable enough to consider hydrograb as an ANSWER to tornado.

Ivysaur

It's been tested, but it TECHNICALLY doesn't work. Dedede and Falco regrab Ivysaur before Bullet Seed can come out. HOWEVER, if they mess up the timing (which definitely can happen at lower levels of play), Bullet Seed will catch them, so you might as well be mashing B.

Charizard

Examples:

[/COLOR]It's definitely a good thing to be aware of, but in general, Rock Smash is too much of a commitment to be an effective "counter" to things like jabs. It works sometimes, but if you go for it and they end up NOT jabbing, then you're leaving yourself wide open.

However, there are some situations where it's very obvious that they're going to throw out a weak move. For example, Sheik's f-tilt locks, or Fox's u-tilt strings. If your opponent is going for that, Rock Smash can sometimes get you out.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
To be fair, if the opponent suspects that you'll be mashing Neutral-B with Ivysaur, they can just do another setup or strong move. Kismet used to do this to me a lot, so it's become quite the mix-up now.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Leave it to Reflex and T-Block to answer my questions =) Thank you guys I'll put in some videos of PT entertainment for answering my questions:ivysaur:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
One quick hot question that involves this: My Ivysaur uses U-air for DI/momentum canceling and then hold pressing down on the Control Stick. But is this the best DI/momentum option or is there a better one?

http://youtu.be/Im6XytyGjWA?t=44s
Here I do my usual survival option U-air and it has seem to always save my skin. I double checked the Frame Data for Aerials and found U-air having slower ending frames than F-air & B-air. B-air by the data shown looks perfect so use that & do U-air or D-air for MomentumCanceling?

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
When surviving vertically it doesn't matter what aerial you use; you can fastfall on the first frame of the animation.

When surviving horizontally what matters is how fast you get back to neutral in the air, so the aerial that ends fastest is optimal (I think that's B-Air). That way you can potentially jump, hold Forward, etc.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Thanks Reflex that helps a ton. Ivysaur is mid-heavyish when it comes to vertical but I'm not sure about Ivysaur's horizontal weight speed (the same?). Would you ever recommend this moment for horizontal recovery? Doing a double jump D-air during hit-stun/lag:
http://youtu.be/FJ0qBsTN93k?t=28s

Edit: Instead of DJD-air, I just tried a DJU-air during hit-stun/lag and I really like that option. Works exactly like Tink's hit-stun/lag DJD-air. Thoughts?

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
D-Air takes away your ability to steer toward the level, so, absolutely not for that. U-Air should be fine.

T-block

B2B TST
You also don't want to double jump before your aerial. For mitigating horizontal knockback, you want to use your quickest-ending aerial, and then double jump as soon as possible (assuming the jump wouldn't KO you in the corner), all while drifting away from the blastzone. Putting the double jump after the aerial is important because it actually directly allows you to counteract more of the horizontal momentum.

I'd suggest giving this thread a read when you have time: http://smashboards.com/threads/a-complete-guide-to-di-and-survival-updated-mar-6th-2009.221969/

And ESPECIALLY for Ivysaur you don't want to be wasting your double jump off-stage like that, and you should only double jump right after the aerial if you're going to die anyways. You're going to want that double jump option available to you in your recovery attempt.

Top Bottom