• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Wi-Fi Moments

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
Hi, everyone! ^-^ I'm posting this thread to my curiosity to what your best, or even your worst, Wi-Fi moments are! I'll begin.

I have mixed results when playing on Wi-Fi, but most of them are good.

BEST: There is this battle taking place on Melee's Temple stage. Four players, which two of us fought and the other two became a taunt party pair. I was one of the fighters playing as Marth and, coincidentally, my opposing fighter is also Marth. So I brawled with him. We both one-stocked each other. Time was eventually called and sudden death began. This is strange and crazy, but I don't know how it happened. The taunt party pair killed themselves when it began. First, I ran to the bottom of temple (not the bottom-most platform) with the other Marth pursuing me. I struck Marth twice with fairly strong attacks without having a hit landed on me. The player survived both strikes, recovered from the second strike and grabbed a ledge. Anticipating a victory (opponent still on ledge), I risked approaching him. At the same time, I initiated Dancing Blade while my opponent used an attack to get off the ledge. The result was shocking and laughable. I expected both our attacks to cancel out, but instead, the both of us received damage, sent flying in the same speed and direction, and bumped the ceiling together! At this point we are near the bottom-right corner of Temple and quite a distance from that platform. After bumping the ceiling, the opposing Marth used Dolphin Slash on me. I was hit and thought I was going to die, but strangely enough, I was instead sent flying upward near the highest area of the stage. My opponent's desperate attempt to kill me led to his/her death as he/she are a bit too far to reach the platform. Finally, I Dolphin Slashed my way to safety.

I give praise to my opponent. A decent Marth player he/she is, but a f-smashing maniac as well. I wish to upload the video to show because I actually had it saved!

I want to share with you my worst moment too, but the "best" one is already pretty lengthy. I hope you enjoyed it, though! ^-^

I would love to hear yours! ^-^

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I was brawling Zair Hidamaru on pictochat. He was link and I was toon link (duh). On the spring transitions, while over the right spring, we both used Dair, attempting to spike each other. It was thought safe if we missed, because the springs would save us. We did miss, but, as we were coming down, the springs got erased, and we both fell to our doom.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Today was a great with-anyone-mode day for me :D I was using Pikachu. First I SDI'd down from Ganon's thunderstomp and teched the ground (no idea how I buffered that O_o.) Then in another match, I jumped off the stage to thunder a Pit that was really low. The thunder hit the Pit, it flew up to where I was and I footstooled it.

Both matches are saved in my replays x)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I won a game by lag.

/Thread.

lol jk, but i remember me vs a guy named Ben, i was Sonic vs his Fox on PS1, and i got like 4 Jabl Locks.
I lol'd fo sho.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
in a free for all, i took down all my opponents last stocks with a falcon punch

1st was bowser. that one was accidental
2nd was a samus. She grappled the ledge, but the pause made her get staged spiked by my falcon paunch
i got up and did the "Come on!" taunt. then i did a sacred combo

i wish i had known about infinite replays and **** last year i couldve saved that **** lol

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Holy s*** this place died...

I remember when a game was lagging like, 80 frames per minute, and the second the lag ended, i SD'd.

I SD'd.... -_______-

It'd be better if my opponent did. Obv.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
I save replays when my team-mate comboes with me. It's sooo **** when my teammate isn't a spamming scrub (no offense to those taunt-partygoers).

Example: Me (Mario) + Ganon vs Ness + Olimar (AFK so we didn't attack him). I hit Ness offstage, ganon daired him and as he was falling down, I managed to land my Fair and do what I'll call a teamspike.

NoScopePinoy

Smash Rookie
I was doing a team brawl with friends I was Ganondorf. My friend had 2 lives left and I had one. When I died, I took my friends life. But when I spawned I did Down special and went off stage but then I did down special again(on accident)which made me suicide. lol, that life used for nothing. That is my most epic fail i've had in SSBB.

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
When a group of people who didn't do anything but taunted attempted to group combo me only for them to SD themselves.... making me win the match and disconnecting.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
LP used Revive! :p

A few weeks ago I was in a team battle. It was me(Pikachu) + Lucas vs Bowser+Metaknight on Frigate. The end score was 9 -0, and it would've been 10 because the counter stopped when Bowser was in the star-KO animation.

Aibou

Smash Master
I scored 4 kills in Basic Brawl with Luigi's upB today (killing all three opponents at least once with it). It was priceless xD

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i actually got the Lucas Dair->Dtilt lock on some random person on my friend list and because it was wifi i got to pull the ending off with a Usmash to win

<3 wifi

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
jab lock to rest with jiggs...I have only pulled it off a few times

@J
I<3 wifi too ;)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Guys, keep this on-topic because I know you guys have that habit of going off-topic...

My best moments are when I save an exciting match.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I 3stocked LP on Battlefield.

The match was like a minute.

It was legit
I beat Mio with G&W on SV, his Best vs my Worst.
The match didn't last too long.
Too legit.
I'm didn't know i was a G&W pro.

>:V

Bunny4Eva

Smash Ace
^Lies is obv.

I 0-death CG someone with Ice Climber on Wifi, & then when I started the 2nd CG. They rage-quit.
Then they cuss me out after...silly noob :evil:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
^Lies is obv.

I 0-death CG someone with Ice Climber on Wifi, & then when I started the 2nd CG. They rage-quit.
Then they cuss me out after...silly noob :evil:
I remember playing some DK with my Spamus, and when i was just about to 2 stocked them, they rage-quit :evil:

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
I got a sweetspotted wolf flash -> dair spike -> fire wolf right into the bottom of Battlefield.
Wi-fi made it untechable, and that's what won me the match.

♥

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I got a sweetspotted wolf flash -> dair spike -> fire wolf right into the bottom of Battlefield.
Wi-fi made it untechable, and that's what won me the match.

♥
If that means what i think it means, it's one of those things you can't even tech offline...

I remember when i teched a DK bthrow on FD's ledge, and i tried to follow up with a Dair to ruin his recovery...
****, i missed it, but we both died.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Me in a ike ditto for the last stock i got a 0-death kill

Jab1 > Jab 1 > Jab 1 > Fthrow > pivot grab back throw > Walk off Dair.

Chaos Zero 64

Smash Rookie
During Sudden Death, a Lucas player and me as Meta Knight, we both started at the edges of the stage and started running towards each other. Right at the middle, we both used the running attack move at the same time, but Lucas' was too slow and I got him. I forgot to save the replay..

Another one was between an Olimar player and me as Samus. Once Sudden Death started, I used a Super Missile and he didn't had enough time to react. He couldn't jump close enough to the edge, and his Pikmin Chain was too short.

Blobby

Smash Cadet
One of my favorite moments, but not my best was when I was sucking really badly in a Team Battle over WiFi. My score was in the negatives and I was just dead-weight to my ally. And then Sudden Death came and my ally died, so now all hoped depended on me and somehow I killed them both :)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
In Sudden death with a Snake ditto. I threw a grenade at him and he picked it up, then I grenade stripped him and it made him do a Fsmash instead and then he got hit by the grenade he was going to throw at me and lost.

Exalted

Smash Lord
It was during a Sudden Death in Basic Brawl. I was Ganon (of course) and my opponent was Ike. He was charging up his Side-B while I stood out of range. Once I began walking up to him, he released his Side-B and a Bob-Omb appears right before him.

GAME!

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
It was during a Sudden Death in Basic Brawl. I was Ganon (of course) and my opponent was Ike. He was charging up his Side-B while I stood out of range. Once I began walking up to him, he released his Side-B and a Bob-Omb appears right before him.

GAME!
My, God! LOL! ^-^

The Ike player must be pissed about that occurrence!

global-wolf

Smash Champion
I've rage-switched-characters before.

I was playing Ness against my friend on Rainbow Cruise. Twice I was going to die because I did PKT2 wrong but some platform appeared right where I was falling. It never appeared for my friend.

Arikags

Smash Cadet
Hi, everyone! ^-^ I'm posting this thread to my curiosity to what your best, or even your worst, Wi-Fi moments are! I'll begin.

I have mixed results when playing on Wi-Fi, but most of them are good.

BEST: There is this battle taking place on Melee's Temple stage. Four players, which two of us fought and the other two became a taunt party pair. I was one of the fighters playing as Marth and, coincidentally, my opposing fighter is also Marth. So I brawled with him. We both one-stocked each other. Time was eventually called and sudden death began. This is strange and crazy, but I don't know how it happened. The taunt party pair killed themselves when it began. First, I ran to the bottom of temple (not the bottom-most platform) with the other Marth pursuing me. I struck Marth twice with decent attacks without having a hit landed on me. The player survived both strikes, recovered from the second strike and grabbed a ledge. Anticipating a victory (opponent still on ledge), I risked approaching him. At the same time, I initiated a d-smash while my opponent used an attack to get off the ledge. The result was shocking and laughable. I expected both our attacks to cancel out, but instead, the both of us received damage, sent flying in the same speed and direction, and bumped the ceiling together! At this point we are near the bottom-right corner of Temple and quite a distance from that platform. After bumping the ceiling, the opposing Marth used Dolphin Slash on me. I was hit and thought I was going to die, but strangely enough, I was instead sent flying upward near the highest area of the stage. My opponent's desperate attempt to kill me led to his/her death as he/she are a bit too far to reach the platform. Finally, I Dolphin Slashed my way to safety.

I give praise to my opponent. A decent Marth player he/she is, but a f-smashing maniac as well. I wish to upload the video to show because I actually had it saved!

I want to share with you my worst moment too, but the "best" one is already pretty lengthy. I hope you enjoyed it, though! ^-^

I would love to hear yours! ^-^
I notice when this was... I believe that I was the other Marth, because I seem to remember the same thing happening! What do you mean by F-Smashing maniac, though? XD
Was the opponent Marth the black palette?

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I was Zelda and I was versing these Scrub Taunters, I was losing the rest had +1 and the others had 0, so I got the Smash Balll... and I didn't expect it, but I went to the middle of the stage, used Light Arrow, and killed 2 of them RIGHT before the match ended. So it was +1 (me), 0, 0, -1.

Haxor

Smash Rookie
I was Falco, and me and a few of my buddies were in a time match, and there was about 5 seconds left, and i was one point behind having a sudden death. I saw that my friend was open, and then i Dair spiked him right before the time ran out.
I lost the sudden death though. D:

bluekyuui

Smash Rookie
My best moment was I was DK and my opponent was a Pikachu. We were on Pokemon Stadium and I lost my focus and fell off the stage, i used my Up+B being there was no way for me to get back up. The pikachu walked right into a bomb and i won!

Derressh

Smash Cadet
Stole 2 kills at the end of a match from a T.Link's Final Smash because they passed through my Thunder on the way off screen. :p

My girlfriend's best online moment was getting to 625% in Sudden Death, and she still won. :urg:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My girlfriend's best online moment was getting to 625% in Sudden Death, and she still won. :urg:
You're lucky to have that girlfriend. Keep her close, who knows what she could help you in.

like 2or 3 of those hits shouldve killed me D:
He staled Ike Fair to no extent, rofl. None of those should've killed you unless your DI is terribad.
I gave you props, now accept it you scrub <3

Top Bottom