• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Shiek (mods this is totally serious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XLR8

Smash Journeyman
So I searched for such a topic and nothing was found, which seems odd. So who do you guys think has the best Shiek? This is America only, as we have not Captain Jack/Hoshid;aldkjflasf;das Kirby (sp?)/Shu/Nihonjin (sp?) play over here in America enough... well actually we probably have seen Captain Jack play enough now, but... lol. And yeah mods, I'm looking for some serious discussion here, this has nothing to do with the outbreak of "who plays the best <insert character, namely Ice Climber and Samus> topics".

I personally think it is Azen with Isai every so closely behind. DSF gets honorable mention though, because I think he plays Shiek the way Shiek is meant to be played more than any of the other pro shieks out there. He seems to put things like the ledge stall to really good use unlike a lot of the other Shieks out there. Like, the Peach Shiek would be a good contrast to DSF's style... Drephen plays that style really good though...

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
um, Mew2king lol.
But seriously, I'm not trying relate to anything in that other thread about Fox/Falco, but Mew2king's Shiek is actually up there with Isai, Azen, and CJ. People say he was outstanding at OC2 and MLG Orlando. Lol, it's funny how his Shiek took out Simna's entire crew alone :laugh:

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still haven't seen a Sheik as impressive or as intelligent as Isai's. Not even M2K's, which I spent all of yesterday playing.

Cort

Apple Head
Ryoko, you're really lucky. m2k is too fun to play >_>

I would really have to say Isai's Sheik is the best one, for some pretty obvious reasons. Just look at it.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Captain Jack tied with somebody for best sheik in the world, but i forget who.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I really like Isai's Sheik, but I've heard some things about Omar's being really nice (though not cheap in the slightest), and DSF's being the mirror of Omar's. I'd go with Isai, just because I haven't seen Azen's in the longest time, and I can't remember anything that really impressed me. But... it's still Azen.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The Doug is pretty good too.Isai is the man though.I really want to go to America to play you guys!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I wish I could go.May be early next year.I want to try my skills against EK and Nihojin and the smash mafia in Scotland first
.Is Ken's Sheik any good?(consistantly)
He beat Isai's Kirby in a match I saw a while ago.(whether or not his kirby is any good or not but it IS Isai)

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could go.May be early next year.I want to try my skills against EK and Nihojin and the smash mafia in Scotland first
He beat Isai's Kirby in a match I saw a while ago.(whether or not his kirby is any good or not but it IS Isai)

To be honest Kens sheik blows compared to anybody elses sheik.

Anyways i really enjoy this match http://youtube.com/watch?v=QeeOLSjxtSc

Its cool to see 2 of the best sheiks in the world go at it.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Someone mentions Omar well hes good like freakin good but i dont think he can compete with players such as Dsf and Isai and M2k

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Umm, drephen is the best sheik. The other people you mentioned pretty much only use Sheik when the character matchup favors them like Marth. Drephen beats those characters just as hard as the other sheiks, plus he has the best play against falcos and foxes that I've seen. His tech chasing skills are incredible.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
im not reading evreyone elses **** so

azen
isai
neo
m2k

there.

drephen/dsf/rob$/km

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Haha that match is really old with Ken (Sheik) vs. Isai (Kirby). One of the first I ever saw XD.

As for best Sheik I would definitely give it to Isai, other really good Sheik's I've seen and or heard of are KDJ, Drephen, DSF, Omar, Rob$ and Azen, in no particular order.

The King

Smash Ace
Isai's the best Sheik.

There's no question.

If you haven't seen Isai's sheik when he wants to win with it, you don't know what you're talking about. Best 2vs2 Sheik on earth, and Best 1vs1 Sheik in both skill and flash. It's a thing of beauty.

King Out

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Isai's the best Sheik.

There's no question.

If you haven't seen Isai's sheik when he wants to win with it, you don't know what you're talking about. Best 2vs2 Sheik on earth, and Best 1vs1 Sheik in both skill and flash. It's a thing of beauty.

King Out

I believe Isai is the best 2v2 sheik, but Cpt Jack beat him in a sheik ditto... Cpt Jack is the best sheik in the world in 1v1.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I believe Isai is the best 2v2 sheik, but Cpt Jack beat him in a sheik ditto... Cpt Jack is the best sheik in the world in 1v1.
Sheik ditto....Yeah, dittos don't really mean too much, but Captain Jack is really good, it'd be close to gauge which one is better. IMO though I'd give it to Isai.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Cpt Jack is either the best sheik in the world or is tied with Isai, Isai seems to play REALLY well in 2v2... and i have only seen 3 videos where he used sheik in 1v1(old videos), and he only won one of them and that was against husband, the other 2 he lost... One against Cpt Jack, the other against ken in which i think he only took 1 stock off, on the other hand ive seen a $&#@LOAD of Cpt Jacks videos, and he has only lost a few of them. I'm not saying Isai ISNT tied with him, I just personaly havent seen any evidence of that.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Cpt Jack is either the best sheik in the world or is tied with Isai, Isai seems to play REALLY well in 2v2... and i have only seen 3 videos where he used sheik in 1v1(old videos), and he only won one of them and that was against husband, the other 2 he lost... One against Cpt Jack, the other against ken in which i think he only took 1 stock off, on the other hand ive seen a $&#@LOAD of Cpt Jacks videos, and he has only lost a few of them. I'm not saying Isai ISNT tied with him, I just personaly havent seen any evidence of that.
Oh ok, I understand what you mean then. Isai doesn't have any matches of his Sheik out recently unless you have VoD, so you could see his MLG matches. I live in Norcal though, so I see his Sheik fairly often, and it is too good, and like I said the best IMO.

JFox

Smash Hero
Isai has the best Sheik in America, but I think CJ has better if you are talking about the best there is.

I noticed no one mentioned Marcus(JBlaze) and although he is definitely not the best, he at least deserves honorable mention.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
no way. no offense to dsf, he's mad good, but Isai, Neo, Azen, KDJ, M2K, all probably have better sheiks.

araknophobik

Smash Master
no way. no offense to dsf, he's mad good, but Isai, Neo, Azen, KDJ, M2K, all probably have better sheiks.
maybe mindgames, but as the original thread starter stated, DSF plays sheik the way the character was intended to be played.

neo, azen, kdj, and m2k just have mindgames to go along with sheik. nothing spectacular.

plus, i've never seen alex's sheik get ****ed up the way m2k's did at oc2 by hugS lol

as for the isai comments, his style is just too unique to not have the best falcon or sheik, no c-stick makes a difference :/

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok, I understand what you mean then. Isai doesn't have any matches of his Sheik out recently unless you have VoD, so you could see his MLG matches. I live in Norcal though, so I see his Sheik fairly often, and it is too good, and like I said the best IMO.

Well someone needs to upload some of his new vids... i want to see them!

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Wow @ suggesting sheik dittos decide who's better.

Thats not what i meant... Would you agree that Isai's falcon is better than his sheik? someone said Cpt Jack beat Isai's falcon pretty bad in a tourney, also look at the OC2 results in singles... Isai didnt even get past pool play, losing to "The Germ" and others, while Cpt Jack won BOTH of his matches against Germ and took 7th place in the tourney (probably could've taken 3rd).

None of these things prove that Cpt Jacks sheik is better in the least... But there is NO evidence of Isai's being any better, so what reason do you have other than his flashy looks?

araknophobik

Smash Master
you also can't base someone's skill level by tournament results...

if you check isai's oc2 pool matches, he lost all of them except like 2. clearly he threw the matches, and i found this to be true when people stated that m2k was getting angry at isai sand bagging, so they started having a suicide race, inwhich isai was quicker and suiciding then m2k :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom