• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Shiek (mods this is totally serious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Isai tossed his 0C2 matches. Don't even bring that **** up.

Here's food for though. Captain Jack lost to Ken's Marth at 0C2, but Isai beat Ken's Marth (with Sheik) at MLG Orlando.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
why do people keep bringing c. jack up? this is for american sheiks only...

Yeah, personally i think the best US sheik is drephen, only because he uses his sheik on EVERYBODY unlike other people who only use sheik when she counters someone.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Isai tossed his 0C2 matches. Don't even bring that **** up.

Here's food for though. Captain Jack lost to Ken's Marth at 0C2, but Isai beat Ken's Marth (with Sheik) at MLG Orlando.

Ken did horrible at MLG Orlando, plus ive seen many sheiks beat Ken when he wasnt at his best, Diesuperfly, Neo ect.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Yea i would give Isai the right of best Shiek. Its actually fun to watch a sheik play for one time in my life when i saw the VoD of him vs Ken. That was the most impressive sheik i have ever seen. To me it looked better then DSF.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Yea i would give Isai the right of best Shiek. Its actually fun to watch a sheik play for one time in my life when i saw the VoD of him vs Ken. That was the most impressive sheik i have ever seen. To me it looked better then DSF.

****! I want VoD!

johnkim

Smash Journeyman

Aesis

Smash Ace
I can LOL
(10 chars)

edit:

Stylistically:

1. Alex (DSF)
2. Isai
3. (tossups)

Pure Sheik ownage:

No idea.
I'll just say DSF cuz zomg I love you Alex

... zomg I love Isai too :(
T_T this is hurting my head

Cort

Apple Head
Lol, it's funny how people just blurt out their own regions best Sheik and call it a day. But it's pretty obvious who the best one is when someone isn't biased, especially someone NOT from WC, and says that Isai's Sheik is the best one.

PC's Sheik is pretty beautiful too, though. :laugh:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I think it's obvious that the best Sheik would be someone who mains Sheik or solely uses her since the factors of a good Sheik would be how well they are against every character; not just counterpicks.

I say Drephen takes the cake.
Azen gets a slice because he has magic.
And NEO because he has black people mindgames.

AePulse

Smash Rookie
i dont think this sheik is american but i remember a particular match, 3 lives ken (marth) and some guy named shino (sheik). Shino won by 2 lives.
This may have not been them but i remember seeing those names and i also remember credit to shino's new strat (at that point in time) for the invincible edge hog thing....
you when sheik holds the edge jumps and up-b back onto the edge.
I cant find that match again, but i remember that sheik being decent.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
DSF for a sole sheik player, he plays sheik like she should be played, can't really describe it but he deserves the best sheik award, considering i have yet to see any matches on VOD or videos of ken beating DSF's sheik.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
i dont think this sheik is american but i remember a particular match, 3 lives ken (marth) and some guy named shino (sheik). Shino won by 2 lives.
This may have not been them but i remember seeing those names and i also remember credit to shino's new strat (at that point in time) for the invincible edge hog thing....
you when sheik holds the edge jumps and up-b back onto the edge.
I cant find that match again, but i remember that sheik being decent.
No "Shino" (I'm guessing Hoshino Kirby) is not an American Sheik, he's from Japan.

Also although seemingly biased, I do not consider Isai the best Sheik just because he is from CA (NorCal to be precise). He has proven many times that he is the best, but there are too many good Sheik's out there for everyone to agree. That is just my opinion, I realize there are so many good players out there that have really good Sheik's and don't use them in tournaments.

Drephen

Smash Master
DSF for a sole sheik player, he plays sheik like she should be played, can't really describe it but he deserves the best sheik award, considering i have yet to see any matches on VOD or videos of ken beating DSF's sheik.
false he chooses fox way more than his sheik, also has known to go marth, doc, and falco in tournies

you should watch the match between ken and DSF at TG6 where DSF won!!!!! cept that it was about 3 years ago

dont base things off of vids people

araknophobik

Smash Master
false he chooses fox way more than his sheik, also has known to go marth, doc, and falco in tournies

you should watch the match between ken and DSF at TG6 where DSF won!!!!! cept that it was about 3 years ago

dont base things off of vids people
but every socal tourny i attend where ken and dsf are in the finals (which is 9/10 times, unless hugo manages to beat alex) the first match is usually ken (marth) vs dsf (sheik) and DSF always wins.

after that it goes onto a counter picking tangent, because ken's fox counters sheiks, and thats when alex's fox goes in or falco and ect ect

everyone uses 2ndary's in tournament play
ken has used marth and even falcon
isai has used sheik and fox
neo has used roy and sheik
just because you soley use sheik, does not mean its the best
so in short
drephen your not the best sheik with your tech chaseing games :laugh:

The_Doug

Smash Ace
hehe thanks to those who think my Sheik is good.

There are many better than me though. In no particular order:

Nihonjin - From the Netherlands. Current "best" player in Europe till our next big tourney when I beat him (lol jk ams). He's a bit better than CJ in my opinion because he's really good in teams too.

Captain Jack - Who hasn't heard of him? Really difficult style to play against and probably the best Sheik player at edge guarding.

Isai - Too good. My favourite Sheik to watch, especially in teams.

Azen - Haven't seen him play Sheik in a while, but it's probably as good as his Marth. Best mind games ever; makes me >_<

DSF - Really fast and good with needles, but I've never played against him!

Drephen - Same as DSF I've never played against him.. looks to be the best Sheik at tech chasing and well timed down smashes from what I saw at MLG Chicago.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
And NEO because he has black people mindgames.
you know those black people...they are tricky...apparently.
i'm mexican...so i guess all i can do is run from the police really fast. maybe that's why i play CFalc...

anyway, i don't see DSF and ken in the finals at 9/10 tournaments to whoever said that. unless there are like, secret underground tournaments i don't know about.

but i guess- the first rule of smashclub...yeah.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
oh yeah. sorry, i'm from oklahoma, we don't have enough money or organization to have biweeklies or even monthlies!

either way...what sheiks(besides socal) did you play at OC2, aesis?

i'm just wondering what recent sheiks you've played besides the one in your area, if you have. i have nothing to go on but videos, except for dr. drew the dragon 2-stocking me twice :(. so i still say drephen but you'd know more than me if you've played sheiks out of your area.

God of shiek

Smash Apprentice
Drephen and isai, They use shiek like it is nothing at all. I mean I have to agree that drephen has one of the best tech chases around. I mean did you guys see the video between him and vidjo. that match was amazing.

King Kong

Smash Lord
You poor people are all so misguided.

Its perfectly obvious that Emily has the most style of any sheik, being the only pro player capable of adding the 'feminine touch' to that character.

As immature as it sounds it is also somewhat hurtful to ones ego to be 4 stocked by a girl :)

peace out

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
i havent seen isai's... but im gonna start looking for some of those vids.

of the people i have seen play sheik, i would say azen and drephen are the best.

justice

Smash Ace
I wonder is there actually people who are better than pros who doesn't goes to tournaments and I like DSF Shiek but I am going to check out Isai's and Captian Jack's Shiek. Does anyone have any matches of Omar Shiek instead of team or aganist Yoshi. Thank you for the help.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
maybe mindgames, but as the original thread starter stated, DSF plays sheik the way the character was intended to be played.

neo, azen, kdj, and m2k just have mindgames to go along with sheik. nothing spectacular.

plus, i've never seen alex's sheik get ****ed up the way m2k's did at oc2 by hugS lol

as for the isai comments, his style is just too unique to not have the best falcon or sheik, no c-stick makes a difference :/
There is no "intended to be played" bull****, each character is intended to be played to win. Period.

Drephen's is my favorite, simply because he plays Sheik vs any character and it's of better help to me. I really don't care who the best Sheik is otherwise.

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
my sheik was doing pretty even with m2k's sheik in a sheik ditto. not saying i won them but they were all really really close like last stock high damage. i think mine is really close 2 m2k's
sheik. but he is better i know that for sure

all of our dittos are really close even fox dittos.

justice

Smash Ace
I play Shiek my own way if someone else played against me would they say it is some pro's style. (I hear that alot when people go aganist a pro or someone who knows pros styles) Have that happened to anyone else here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom