• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Of Michigan Brawl Tourney 7-17-09

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
(10:05:22 PM) Ankoku: Bowyer: the one who quits competitive Smash and then attends a tournament afterward
(10:05:37 PM) Bowyer: lmao, it's true

GET HYPE

Notra

Smash Ace
dont think im doing teams. seems like a waste of money imo since me and tutu r *** as a team. both play chars w/o kill moves. maybe ill team w/ someone there but. idk, using $10 w/ someone i havent practiced w/ seems dumb.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
you've never played in a tournament and you expect to do well? i hate to brake it to ya but i doubt you will do well seeing its your first tourney. Mostly because of in tourney jitters and whatnot. Experience makes you good, i think in time you could become a really good smasher but no one has done well in their first tourney.

The top 7 is really good in michigan, but people mess up and players have bad days you could beat one of them.
Yeah...I barely won my very first tourney match (I lost game 1 and won games 2 and 3), only to lose twice in a row after that.

Tourney 1: 20ish place of 25ish people
Tourney 2: 5th place of 20ish people
Tourney 3: 3rd place of 32

I'm hoping for 1st or 2nd this time based on this pattern. lawlz.

D.mann

Smash Cadet
Ok, im going to TRY to go to this one, last tourney i went to was like digi ops... so yeah, i had time to improve and what not, but it all depends on what im doing and my ride

Notra

Smash Ace
as a random thought. if i were to order controllers from japan. would anyone want one. i think i can find them for like $22 and sell them for like ~$30. but i wont do it unless enough ppl wanted them. and it wouldnt be by this tourney that id have them

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
as a random thought. if i were to order controllers from japan. would anyone want one. i think i can find them for like $22 and sell them for like ~$30. but i wont do it unless enough ppl wanted them. and it wouldnt be by this tourney that id have them
there only $20 at gamestop so i might not

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I may not come to this, since job hunting is failing all this week, so I'm going to be super busy making money the strange way. XD

Vayseth

Smash Master
I've got to ask, do we have to be out by 9 pm? If so, we can't do pools and you'll have to really run this hard to get us out on time.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Hype hype hype.

Hey Vayseth if you want to practice for doubles it pretty much has to be tomorrow, because I work Thursday. For the record I don't care whether we get to practice or not, I would still team. So it is pretty much up to you. Just try to let me know soonish because BigDaddy4 and maybe Ori are looking for teammates and I'd like to let them know what is going on.

Oh yeah and a few extra hypes for the tournament....hypehypehpye

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm free on Wednesday night and Thursday night if anyone wants to hold a smashfest before this tourney.

Vayseth

Smash Master
It's possible. Depends if I bust *** and get my shiz done or not. We'll see.

In other news, I've started to update my selling shiz thread:

THIS IS MY 2 WEEKS. I AM SELLING EVERYTHING I OWN. PLEASE GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK AND SEE IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU'D LIKE. THIS IS THE LAST THING I AM DOING BEFORE I AM GONE FOR GOOD SO THE PRICES ARE EXTRA LOW SO GET IT WHILE YOU CAN.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6747459

Thank you for your support.

I'm willing to drive it out to people if they make it worth my while. But of course I'll be at the Best of Michigan tournament, so you can just get it here.

Vayseth

Smash Master
well thats when singles and so we might have to kick everyone out around 10 or so.
Like I said, make sure we start on time and keep the tournament running or we'll never finish.

And don't do pools or we'll SURELY never finish. Just make sure to ask around to get seeding help from some of the veteran players.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
sauce and vay,

me, jk, and dogma should be free tomorrow to smash if youd like
Yeah I don't have anything going on, so give me a call tomorrow if you guys play. Oh and actually I would be able to play Wednesday too if that works out better. For some reason I thought it was Tuesday :confused:

Hype Obama pictures are hype.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'd prefer Wednesday if we have to play at my house. If we can play somewhere else tomorrow that isn't too far, I'd do that for sure.

Top Bottom