• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-Best of 2006- SoCal United December 30th Results

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'd accept if i was coming...

where do you live tink?

i'm planning on taking trains all around to record for a new combo video with good players from all over haha, i think it'd be a good excuse to go all over the place and meet people at least xD

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Single elim is crazy for determining anything. It's especially crazy if you expect to get an accurate top 3 out of it. But oh wellz.

I can vouch for N1c2k3 being a contender for 8-man. Too bad he'll just lose to a Peach and get screwed by the single-eliminationness.

What else was I going to say...

Oh yes. When picking teams, I recommend that each team get two picks at a time after the first team picks a single player to start. Alternating 1 to 1 isn't necessarily fair; if you assume players ranked 1 and 2 are captains and always pick the best remaining player, the teams come out like:

1 3 5 7 vs
2 4 6 8

The first team is better overall. But if you pick two at a time after the first pick...

1 4 5 8 vs
2 3 6 7

then the teams are numerically even. This also means the first pick is less important overall, especially when there's a large dropoff in skill level past the top few players (which there is, no offense).

But that assumes that players are accurately ranked and that only their ranking determines how big a use they'll be to a team. Which is clearly untrue of smash, as who you play is just as important in a crew battle as how you play. Because if Wolf is already on Hugo's team and it's Hugo's turn to pick, he can choose Azn Lep and Edrees in one go, picking up a strong IC player and ensuring that his two biggest counters are already on his team.

But whatever.

BeatOfAzia

Smash Apprentice
Panda... I heart you cuz u always spell my Sweetiez name correctly... "BoA" instead of the lazy ppl that spell it "boa"..or.."BOA" teehee

But on another note... Put Teba on that list! hes definitely worthy ^^

Oh and sos i mm ur pichu wit my ROY!!! lolz =) just for some pdale fun <3

..................I'd also like one of those mms Gimpy....5$ minimum........
Bowser v Shiek...............?
You being Bowser of course.

hey beat of azia, isnt there a song called that? if so, i like it...a lot.
whoa nvm, im thinkin of heart of asia

PandaX

Smash Lord
The 8 man bracket will be determined by champ, neal, and myself seeing as we're panelists. Aesis is pretty good on the list. I've seen or played these people and they are note worthy of being top 20.

I'll talk to them about it and we'll try holding a double elim. Like I said, if you want your placement on this please get there at 11:00am.

We'll update the list by tomorrow.

I'll leave the main idea of splitting the crews to Neal as well.

araknophobik

Smash Master
lol i dont think there should be sign-ups, or every noob like neighborhood P will want to sign up =/

i think players with credibility should vouch for those who want to sign up
such as DC, ****** like Omar will be willing to vouch for him

edit: wow i left this window open, posted and see like a new page of comments =/ im behind

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
It's fair this way. DSF get's a member from SF and HugS get's a member from DSC. That way we actually have more of a wider thought range, and it not be one sided.
lol I meant how you used cancelling Yoshi's Story as an example, cuz everyone hates on Yoshi's Story.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i'd accept if i was coming...

where do you live tink?

i'm planning on taking trains all around to record for a new combo video with good players from all over haha, i think it'd be a good excuse to go all over the place and meet people at least xD
Funner than flying... until you realise it takes 2.5 days to reach Socal from Washington. Try going midwest = zomg

bbb

Smash Champion
Ok, this has all been very confusing, but looks like I'm actually going, I may miss doubles though

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lol i dont think there should be sign-ups, or every noob like neighborhood P will want to sign up =/

i think players with credibility should vouch for those who want to sign up
such as DC, ****** like Omar will be willing to vouch for him

edit: wow i left this window open, posted and see like a new page of comments =/ im behind
You can't beat me, and I'm a n00b, so... What placement would be fitting for you? I can't think of anything lower than a n00b. I dunno, make something up so you can label yourself

PandaX

Smash Lord
lol I meant how you used cancelling Yoshi's Story as an example, cuz everyone hates on Yoshi's Story.
lol this b*tch. Well if you get a stage you don't like then you can cencel once too :p You coming tomorrow to my pad. DSC gonna smash it up tomorrow.

PandaX

Smash Lord
Thinking you're better than you are already drops you a notch

Like I said, It will be under discussion between champ, neal and myself. Don't b*tch puta face :laugh:

btw i read your first post which is why I wrote what I wrote.

There will be no asking to be on the list, only we will decide.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
man this tourney is going to be so ****ing badass! singles sweeeet doubles tooo gooood top socal crew battle super sexy normal crews makes me sad cuz im not in one lolz.

but gimpy once ppl see my pichu there not going to want to mm me for 5$

also next big tourney S.O.S. VS GimpyFish LOW TIER MATCH OF THE CENTURY!!!!!
lol <3 gimpy :p

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
Thinking you're better than you are already drops you a notch

Like I said, It will be under discussion between champ, neal and myself. Don't b*tch puta face :laugh:

btw i read your first post which is why I wrote what I wrote.

There will be no asking to be on the list, only we will decide.
panda i never said i was better than anyone... i took read my post and i knew it would be taken the wrong way which is y i edited it and i was right because u replied to it how i thgouht some1 might take it...but if i edited it afterwards then u replied i dont kno y u would do that if i had already changed it and if u did before then my mistake...

n i dont think ppl should sign up but i had read the page before and saw just anyone posting to sign up so i assumed thats wat u were doing...

PandaX

Smash Lord
panda i never said i was better than anyone... i took read my post and i knew it would be taken the wrong way which is y i edited it and i was right because u replied to it how i thgouht some1 might take it...but if i edited it afterwards then u replied i dont kno y u would do that if i had already changed it and if u did before then my mistake...

n i dont think ppl should sign up but i had read the page before and saw just anyone posting to sign up so i assumed thats wat u were doing...
No juans. lol

PandaX

Smash Lord
The following people have been added as definites to the list
BoA
SOS
DC

The following people will play in a pool and the top 2 will be put in to the crew battle
N1c2k3
Evilnemesis
Teba
REL

This information was put together by the panalists of the top 20. All the data was collected based on results of tournaments. Thank you and have a good night. Hope to see you guys bright and early.

Tourny starts at 11:00 guys, remember that please.

PS: Don't hate the messangers. We're strictly going by results.

PandaX

Smash Lord
Full Metal Falcomist from NorCal might be attending. He said there is a high chance that he will be.

In case you don't know him, he's on the top 20 power rankings of NorCal.

araknophobik

Smash Master
pool of 4? im glad to see that there's only 1 palmdale person in there and luigi's in there
but n1c2k3? i haven't heard of him doing great in tourny's and last i heard, ezynjay beat him. i think you should reconsider and put keith and possibly ezynjay in that pool that just my opinion but what do i know o.O

Knivez

Smash Ace
man why dont i have a cool anime rip-off name like his? >.>...
all i got is this stupid knives from trigun. sniff...

Knivez

Smash Ace
ooooh ya keith , my roomate, my love, he ***** me do him.
lol hehe this is at all not biased by any means. ^_^

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
HEY SOCAL

FALCOMIST HERE ^^ OMG I CANT WAIT TO PLAY SOCAL A GOOD CHANCE TO FINALLY PLAY SOCAL BECAUSE I PLAYED NONE OF SOCAL AT NCT2 IN MY BRACKET BUT RATHER I HAD TO PLAY ALL OF DBR LOL.

Hope to see everyone soon and i kinda might need a team partner but ill decide when i SEE everyone down at this tourney

<3 to Neal and Panda ^^.

Top Bottom