• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-Best of 2006- SoCal United December 30th Results

PandaX

Smash Lord
We're gonna have a crew battle of the top 20 in socal vs each other. We'll have 2 team leaders and from there split it evenly. For the people who aren't attending, we'll have fill ins like BoA, DC, SoS etc.

This will be the main event!

Aesis

Smash Ace
We're gonna have a crew battle of the top 20 in socal vs each other. We'll have 2 team leaders and from there split it evenly. For the people who aren't attending, we'll have fill ins like BoA, DC, SoS etc.

This will be the main event!
TOO FCKKKKING GOOOOOD

PandaX

Smash Lord
The order is as followed

Teams
Crews
Power Rankings Crew (10v10)
Singles

This will be recorded btw, and during the time of the crews, I'm gonna need someone to call matches for me so we can get singles running.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
yo fabian, i'll be there for sure. i'll be in palm springs that morning, but will leave from there straight to the tourney. i'm down for teams. let's tear that **** up. i'll go jiggs and falco.

PandaX

Smash Lord
I'm thinking HugS should be the other Team captain.

So Alex and HugS seeing their spot on the rankings.

However, I'm currently talking with someone at the moment so there isn't an off set of power on one crew over the other. We're thinking just have them pick one by one? Either way, this is gonna be sick.

This cunning person suggested that Wolf be DSF's Vice Captain and Mike Y be HugS' Vice Captain. From there it's a pick. More info tomorrow.

Confirmed to be added to the list will be BoA and SOS the other 3 will be in a 8 man bracket single elim, 3 stock each best of 3 with 5 min.

Do remember, tournament starts at 11:00 so if you want to participate in the 8 man, get there at 11:00am sharp.

-------------------------------

In the crew battle it will be 4 stock a person
No switching chars
Random stages

Players will be allowed one cancel.

Say you Face someone, and get Yoshi story, and decide to cancel it and still make it to the next person, you can no longer cancel.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Yo, I'm still in need of a ride, personas! Anyone who's even remotely thinking about it: I will make it well worth your while, in a very heterosexual way... ;)

araknophobik

Smash Master
i was thinking just filling the other 3 spots with those who placed highest in the tourny that aren't on the determined list

but 8 man bracket sounds fun, who's gonna be in the list?
im not saying this just cuz ive known him since 2nd grade, but it'd be a sin not to throw luigi into that bracket

p.s. i hope this **** is recorded FC3 wc v ec crew battle style, with the camera recording the audience and the vcr recording the matches ^_^

Soid

Smash Journeyman
just can´t wait to this it´s gonna rock lol from tijuana are coming

soid
white
oria(pocczilla)

maybe

mogx
kira
a666

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
The order is as followed

Teams
Crews
Power Rankings Crew (10v10)
Singles

This will be recorded btw, and during the time of the crews, I'm gonna need someone to call matches for me so we can get singles running.
Sounds like this is gonna take forever then.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
just can´t wait to this it´s gonna rock lol from tijuana are coming

soid
white
oria(pocczilla)

maybe

mogx
kira
a666
Omfg. Who took Kira? That's my name dammit. If he wants to keep it he can money match me for $5 plus the loser has to change his name.

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
Players will be allowed one cancel.

Say you Face someone, and get Yoshi story, and decide to cancel it and still make it to the next person, you can no longer cancel.
Wow you're a b*tch. LOL

Hugo is ok at smash i guess...

Remember, Jump rope and bball crew battle still going down.

And I'll try to find a panda suit to bring for the losing team captain to wear

Charoo

Smash Champion
"You know all there is to know about fighting. So there's no senses we're going down that same old road again. To beat this guy, you need speed. You don't have any. And your knees can't take the pounding. So hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so spine is out. So what we'll be calling on is good old-fashioned, blunt force trauma-- horse-power, heavy-duty, cast-iron, power-driving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with each shot, he gotta feel like he try kissing the express train. YEAH! Let's start buildin' some hurtin' bombs!"

araknophobik

Smash Master
"You know all there is to know about fighting. So there's no senses we're going down that same old road again. To beat this guy, you need speed. You don't have any. And your knees can't take the pounding. So hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so spine is out. So what we'll be calling on is good old-fashioned, blunt force trauma-- horse-power, heavy-duty, cast-iron, power-driving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with each shot, he gotta feel like he try kissing the express train. YEAH! Let's start buildin' some hurtin' bombs!"
lmfao ahahahahahah
dasfl;jasdfjalsdkjfvklasjas
asdojnaweofasdjfcasd
lmfao
omg champ, when i read this i laughed so hard my sides hurt
this is the most random post i have ever seen, ive seen that trailor waayy too much

PandaX

Smash Lord
Omfg. Who took Kira? That's my name dammit. If he wants to keep it he can money match me for $5 plus the loser has to change his name.
Your name looks like Schmooguy to me >.>

Wow you're a b*tch. LOL

Hugo is ok at smash i guess...

Remember, Jump rope and bball crew battle still going down.

And I'll try to find a panda suit to bring for the losing team captain to wear
It's fair this way. DSF get's a member from SF and HugS get's a member from DSC. That way we actually have more of a wider thought range, and it not be one sided.

Sounds like this is gonna take forever then.
Considering you'll probably go 0-2, it'll be quick :laugh: I'm estimating it to be about the same duration as Champ Combo NorCal, maybe a bit faster since we'll have more TVs.

Luigi is already on the 8 man bracket, and so is DC.

If you think you have what it takes, then please sign up, but if you just want "to try your luck" don't bother.

emerican

Smash Ace
where do we sign up for the 8 man bracket?? annnnnd, if you need it i could bring a cube, but it looks like you got more cubes than Tv's signed up already.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
If I make it, I would most def like to sign in on it. I know I'm pretty much spankin new to the area, so a few ppl could vouch for me if need be...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll sign up for the 8 man bracket.

Aesis

Smash Ace

8-Man IMO should be

1. Teba
2. ROFL
3. DC
4. Emerican
5. REL
6. Evilnemesis (I guess I haven't seen him play too much)
7. idk
8. idk

LOL palmdale

Edit:
If Man goes he should contend, but he isn't nearly as known poor guy
I'm sure there will be some debate lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
S.O.S. you kept talking about making money at this tourney with your pichu... you wont make much anything with little sissy $1 matches, i have a minimum of $5 on my bowser matches and i've made bank with that guy haha i made about 100 at oc2 and generally i make at least 20-30 over the entrance fee at other tourneys

up your pichu money match $$$ amount, woot low tier traps ftw xD

to bad mine is actually my main... -_-

EDIT: just in case, that was all meant to be said in a friendly and joking sense

<3 socal and <3 sos
XD

Tink

Smash Hero
i want a gimpyfish MM!!!! =(. ill see you eventually, and when we do, its gotta be my link vs your Bowser 5$ :D.

Top Bottom