• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Ike In Florida. And I find metaknight easy any questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
So it's come to the conclusion down here in florida I'm the best Ike and metaknights are no longer my hardest match up. I've found ways around almost everything he throws, flys, or even whornados at me. And from the other Ikes what advice do you have? And I will give my word on the subject.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
yea and im the best ike of woodside

i dominate the library tourney scene here haha :laugh:

but really
once you're offstage, you better hope Mk gives you sympathy lol

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
alright here is the thing I'm not being cocky people I'm really not I'm just saying I'm the same as you guys I don't really think I'm best at all I'm good no doubt but there is no reason to be cocky. Like ryko your N-air back on to the stage helps a lot it really does. but yea...not being cocky.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
alright here is the thing I'm not being cocky people I'm really not I'm just saying I'm the same as you guys I don't really think I'm best at all I'm good no doubt but there is no reason to be cocky. Like ryko your N-air back on to the stage helps a lot it really does. but yea...not being cocky.
And what if the MK waits it out? Nair has a lot of cool down time in the air so instead of MK doing the gimping, you'll end up costing yourself the stock IMO

(been a LONG TIME ike boards)

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
I think your gonna need a flame shield soon buddy...

Are you wanting general advice or looking for specific matchup help?
both like against r.o.b I have few problems like what should I do for his neutral air off stage I either do my f-air if I'm far away enough try to do my up b behind him to get a tech off the stage or air dodge and go for the ledge.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Alright if you're the best Ike in Florida I'm gonna have to play you on WiFi and see these skillz. I could probably unofficially dub myself the best Ike in Nova Scotia (since no one else at our local tournies even mains Ike), but either no one would buy it or no one would care.

:034:

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
And what if the MK waits it out? Nair has a lot of cool down time in the air so instead of MK doing the gimping, you'll end up costing yourself the stock IMO

(been a LONG TIME ike boards)
for a neutral air what I do for that is a couple of things if seen coming. (which usually happens) I either up air through the stage up b for additional damage and knock back. Jump up but only just as I'm going up the moment it happens I do an up b for mindgames and damage. jump off the legde forward air. wait it out and roll back shield of wait for the next move. or play it cool and just mind game once back on stage.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Alright if you're the best Ike in Florida I'm gonna have to play you on WiFi and see these skillz. I could probably unofficially dub myself the best Ike in Nova Scotia (since no one else at our local tournies even mains Ike), but either no one would buy it or no one would care.

alright with wifi there is no true skill yea I started up on it then I went to tourneys instead and destroyed all other ikes and no other Ike stops me. well at least here at least.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
I have a question for you guys what do you do whenever someone is ither rolling back on stage or just plain getting up on stage with no attacks or nother or metaknight goes for the forward air approach I do forward tilt plain and simple and when he does tornado I go straight for the back air.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Stopped reading right about there.

too be honest it does I have done my huge share of wifi and I do it every once in a blue ball but the thing is I just sometimes just hate the lag. but it does take skill I will take that back it's just sometimes when the lag hits it sucks but whatever.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I have a question for you guys what do you do whenever someone is ither rolling back on stage or just plain getting up on stage with no attacks or nother or metaknight goes for the forward air approach I do forward tilt plain and simple and when he does tornado I go straight for the back air.
A good Metaknight will never use a move like Tornado when you have a chance of stopping it. If they're rolling back on stage and you can predict it, Usmash or Fsmash them. If you didn't predict it, jab them and if they shield the jab, cancel and grab them. Same for if you predict/don't predict a regular get-up.

I rarely see MKs using Fair as an approach against Ike. In fact Metaknights I play against rarely approach me at all and instead force me to approach them. If one were to Fair towards me in a redundant manner I would probably Fair while retreating or even Fsmash depending on how predictable they're being.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
for a neutral air what I do for that is a couple of things if seen coming. (which usually happens) I either up air through the stage up b for additional damage and knock back. Jump up but only just as I'm going up the moment it happens I do an up b for mindgames and damage. jump off the legde forward air. wait it out and roll back shield of wait for the next move. or play it cool and just mind game once back on stage.
It's important to assume that your opponent is aware of all of Ike's ledge options and have counter measures. If you use Uair throught the stage, the opponent would simply have to evade or shield it. At that point, you would be placed in a more unfavorable position. The opponent would have the option of edgehogging your aether recovery, or if you aim for the stage, you'll suffer the end lag of aether. Characters such as Metaknight will be able to exploit such openings.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
A good Metaknight will never use a move like Tornado when you have a chance of stopping it. If they're rolling back on stage and you can predict it, Usmash or Fsmash them. If you didn't predict it, jab them and if they shield the jab, cancel and grab them. Same for if you predict/don't predict a regular get-up.

I rarely see MKs using Fair as an approach against Ike. In fact Metaknights I play against rarely approach me at all and instead force me to approach them. If one were to Fair towards me in a redundant manner I would probably Fair while retreating or even Fsmash depending on how predictable they're being.

it does happen. but if they won't attack me I wont attack them they will have to make a move facts.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
it does happen. but if they won't attack me I wont attack them they will have to make a move facts.
Any Metaknight who knows what he's doing will not attack you until you attempt to attack him. Facts. All he has to do is use his superior speed to inflict a few damage on you, and then he could stall the whole match and win by %. Of course, not wanting to let that happen, you chase him down and he, in turn, punishes your approaches and damages you more and more until you're off-stage and he gimps the crap out of you.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Any Metaknight who knows what he's doing will not attack you until you attempt to attack him. Facts. All he has to do is use his superior speed to inflict a few damage on you, and then he could stall the whole match and win by %. Of course, not wanting to let that happen, you chase him down and he, in turn, punishes your approaches and damages you more and more until you're off-stage and he gimps the crap out of you.

but what kind of character is meta knight patient and he deals damage due to your laggy attacks so you have to wait for him to **** up no matter how annoying you just need patience.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Good MKs won't mess up long enough for you do hit them, if they mess up at all. And the moment you do anything other then jab you'll get that sword to your face.

MK can fly around, bait you into attack, hit you once with Dair, and then camp the ledge for the rest of the match and you can't do anything about it.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I think I'm going blind...I can't see any punctuation in these sentences.

I had something constructive to say, but honestly I forgot what it was.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
So it's come to the conclusion down here in florida I'm the best Ike and metaknights are no longer my hardest match up. I've found ways around almost everything he throws, flys, or even whornados at me. And from the other Ikes what advice do you have? And I will give my word on the subject.
lol

failed troll fails

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
blah blah seibrik beat ally in mm, i beat him first MM we did, easy enough, i didnt care after because everytime I MM someone from florida (Afro Thundah, Seibrik) they're like wait wait, lets do another one before I pay, im liek -.- w-e then I lose and i dun care nemre

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, this thread has been useful for one thing at least... we now know who all the Ike board lurkers are, cause at least ten people have posted here who never post in the other threads.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Hey! I'm not a lurker!

Well, not quite. I just haven't been on for a while, that's all. That and the part where I don't really post that much.

Yeah.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

He's right bro. I play like total **** on wifi. If you played me on wifi, you wouldn't guess I'm the best Ike in the south west lol. When I played wifi actively, I remember ****** Ryko pretty badly, but of course that would never happen offline. Even if you have a green connection, minimal lag, and no freezes, an avid offline player will still sense the lag, which does hinder his timing and button inputs.

Ryo, have you played CO18, best player in Florida (I think)? LOL

And I know Florida is a big state and all, but you should definitely try for "best" in your region zone.

Random Note: Ryo...that name sounded famililar. You made that Warrior Within video with the techno music lol.

B!squick

Smash Master
Dudes, why you be dissing the best Florida Ike player?

Also, I don't lurk the Ike boards, I just saw Florida in the topic title from the main page. And whoever it was that implied that wifi takes skill, I can see why you might think that, but as a basis as for how good or bad someone is? Fail.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
There is no depends. Meta knight has you offstage, he dairs at you at a distance small enough for it to hit you before you can commit to an aerial, what do you do?

The answer is the ONLY thing you can do is air dodge, you're now at a frame disadvantage as he can throw out a second dair before you can do anything, you lose a stock.

On stage? Fine, put up a fight. The second you get put at around stage level and far enough to have to double jump, that's called a free stock. Human error can make this not happen but that's on the fault of the meta knights. Note that things like this severely polarize a matchup, I can freebie an olimar's sotck 95% of the time because of something like this and that takes an 8-2 disadvantage and makes it a 6-4. If you're already at a disadvantage what do you think a free killshot trap does to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom