• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Right, but again I wasn't saying that gay men are flamboyant and high pitched, I'm saying that on average gay men are more flamboyant and high pitched than straight men. And I'm amazed you still haven't deduced this.

I think I'll just incorporate my responses to other people in this post, instead of continuing to make new posts. And don't worry about the thread, after we're pass this dumb discussion things will be back to normal. I actually kind of like this now.
Okay, here is the problem. This is how you're supposed to articulate the point you're trying to make

"Right, but again I wasn't saying that gay men are flamboyant and high pitched, I'm saying that IN MY LIMITED EXPERIENCE WITH GAY MEN gay men are more flamboyant and high pitched than straight men."

People can't deduce things that are completely different from what you write.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I'm not saying all gay men are flamboyant and emotional. I'm saying a lot of them are
Right, but again I wasn't saying that gay men are flamboyant and high pitched
Get out. When you come back, I expect you not to use lies against me.

Also, you put my name in LT's quote. I'd appreciate it if you give him credit for what he says, not me.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Get out. When you come back, I expect you not to use lies against me.

Also, you put my name in LT's quote. I'd appreciate it if you give him credit for what he says, not me.
It's not a lie. I haven't even contradicted myself, although I won't blame you for your confusion. Um...lol plenty of gay men are flamboyant an high pitched. I am confident that their are at least(obviously it's greater than this) 1000 gay men who are flamboyant and speak in a high pitched voice.

But really is this what the argument has come to. We're picking at straws now, if we must talk about this dumb topic then can at we least do it more efficiently than this?

Okay, here is the problem. This is how you're supposed to articulate the point you're trying to make

"Right, but again I wasn't saying that gay men are flamboyant and high pitched, I'm saying that gay men are more flamboyant and high pitched than straight men."

People can't deduce things that are completely different from what you write.
Your post is dumb dumb dumb.

Even if we take my experience out of the equation here(which for all you know could be unfathomable) the cohesion of the argument does change.

"Right, but again I wasn't saying that gay men are flamboyant and high pitched, I'm saying that gay men are more flamboyant and high pitched than straight men."; you think that I'm wrong and Gay men on average aren't more flamboyant and high pitched than straight men? And I dare you not to dodge the question this time.

Also u gay?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It's not a lie. I haven't even contradicted myself, although I won't blame you for your confusion. Um...lol plenty of gay men are flamboyant an high pitched. I am confident that their are at least(obviously it's greater than this) 1000 gay men who are flamboyant and speak in a high pitched voice.

But really is this what the argument has come to. We're picking at straws now, if we must talk about this dumb topic then can at we least do it more efficiently than this?

"Right, but again I wasn't saying that gay men are flamboyant and high pitched, I'm saying that gay men are more flamboyant and high pitched than straight men."; you think that I'm wrong and Gay men on average aren't more flamboyant and high pitched than straight men? And I dare you not to dodge the question this time.

Also u gay?
You never asked me a question for me to dodge before. You're confusing me with another poster.

"Even if we take my experience out of the equation here(which for all you know could be unfathomable) the cohesion of the argument does change."

This sentence makes literally no sense.

And I don't think you're "wrong" that gay men are generally more flamboyant and straight people generally are. There is no way to statistically prove either side. You are speaking like it is a fact- a proven statistic. That's where the problem lies. You are speaking anecdotally. That's not how you debate.

"u gay?"

are you serious? I am not gay but that you're outright insulting me for my sexuality as if it is a detriment to my character is disgusting. If you bring this topic up again one more time the thread's closed. You obviously don't care about the original topic anymore and are just interested in flamebaiting everyone.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Edit: And I'm not actually stereotyping. It's common knowledge that gaymen are typically more flamboyant than straight men. Lol and it's almost common knowledge that on average gay men speak in a higher pitch than straight men :p lmao
Speak for yourself bro.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Lol you're dumb. Tell me are you saying that on average gay males aren't more flamboyant than straight men? I notice you cleverly dodged the question. ;)
Well you sure are an idiot with a large vocabulary (worst kind imo). :awesome:

I find it funny everyone in this thread is defending gay people and trying to single me out and yet they would all agree(assuming they're not ******** of course) that on average gay men are more flamboyant than straight men. Geez people, at least try to be consistent with your logic.
I also find it funny how you think were defending gay people. We're not. We're attacking a weak, faulty, and poorly constructed argument.

I already did my spectacular debate
LOL :awesome:

I've never seen a person completely demolish their own thread so thoroughly. It's entertaining, but unfortunate because this was a good thread before Merk brought his biases into it.
We can always make another. Keep this one open though... I'm having fun.

Even if we take my experience out of the equation here(which for all you know could be unfathomable) the cohesion of the argument does change.
Also u gay?
Your post is dumb dumb dumb. I do agree that there are probably more than 1000+ flamboyant gay men! I also know that there are 1000+ flamboyant STRAIGHT men in the world. Prove me wrong I dare you.

I'm not saying all gay men are flamboyant and emotional. I'm saying a lot of them are
Originally Posted by Merkuri
It's not a lie. I haven't even contradicted myself, although I won't blame you for your confusion.
Geez people, at least try to be consistent with your logic
Yeah people. Be consistent with your logic!

Onto the friend topic. I'm may be coming out to 4 of my friends soon. Theyve been with me through thick and thin so hopefully it'll go well. I'll probably introduce them to the boyfriend too xD.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Oh wow Merkuri seriously?

Do you make assumptions based on what you watch on TV or something?

Your arguing/debating is a lot less fluid and unblemished than the liquid you call yourself by.

Tigerwoods is probably my best online friend ATM.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok I have a new topic with regards friends.

Do you think it's possible to forge friendships as strong with someone online as it is with an IRL person?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'll let this go instead of keeping it up. It's not like either of us are making a dent on the other anymore. And I feel like I'm just talking to one big wall. Lol at Tiger woods saying they weren't defending gay people though.

I suppose I'll address this though.

''Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkuri
Quote:
It's not a lie. I haven't even contradicted myself, although I won't blame you for your confusion.
Quote:
Geez people, at least try to be consistent with your logic
Yeah people. Be consistent with your logic!

Onto the friend topic. I'm may be coming out to 4 of my friends soon. Theyve been with me through thick and thin so hopefully it'll go well. I'll probably introduce them to the boyfriend too xD.''

If you weren't so tactless and read the post thoroughly you'd see as I pointed out before there is no contradiction in what I said. Point out where the contradiction lies, and I'll point out where you're not thinking correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom