• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best falco player ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
i understand that Forward is great, but I think the best Falco EVER has to be PC Chris---BY DEFAULT.

pc took falco to an insane level with the national MLG tournies and he won the last MLG circuit with a falco. that means, he played through Ken, isai, m2k's fox, and kdj. let's not forget azen and chillen when they still were hardcore about smash. it's clear to me that the best is/was PC chris. he's been consistently top three in the nation for a while and has been a fan favorite for a long time.

yeah, i understand not EVERYONE went to the MLG tournies and i know that not everyone has been playing as long as PC, but he won with authority with falco. On top of that, who knows how many tournies he's won with falco? probably too many to count.

forward is crazy good and i think it's great that he traveled like everywhere for tournies. But PC beat Ken in his prime, M2k when he was a technical fox-beast, and a rising KDJ.

shiz, your falco is pretty amazing and you haven't been playing as long as a lot of the pro's which is probably the reason m2k doesn't think you're "the best".

i know that PC might not exactly be a falco main anymore, but it doesn't change the fact that he accomplished the most with falco. dashiz's post about all the tournies he was in was pretty good, but those were all fairly recent. pc has to be the best just like i think Ken by default is the best marth ever. i personally think m2k's marth is DISGUSTINGLY amazing and i heard he 3-stocked ken at OC, but Ken accomplished too much with marth to ignore all of that. it's sad, because i don't like ken all that much and i love watching m2k's marth.

i love watching forward and dashizwiz's falco bc they're amazingly technical and frankly a lot more fun to watch. that being said, pc has to be the best. he just has to be.

This was a good post. I'd say its true considering PC did accomplish the most with Falco ever. So that would make him the best falco ever. But if its current, then there would be a little debating.

But what kinda got me was when you said Ken is the best Marth ever. I mean yeah he's accomplished the most with Marth, but M2K is the best Marth. Its obvious. So it doesn't feel right saying Ken is the best Marth ever.

With the PC story its different. Cause I wouldn't mind saying His falco>mine. He's done some very very impressive stuff. I don't know if his falco is better than mine currently.

But with the Ken thing.... we all know M2K's marth is better than Ken's now. So it doesn't feel right saying Ken's marth is the best Marth ever.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
The consensus seems to be between PC, Forward, and DaShizWiz. Those players are all so close with their skill in falco, that it could probably go in any direction on any given day of the week.

That said, there are also a large number of falco's that are very close behind in their overall skill.

Dope
Eggm
Lambchops
Zhu
Falcomist

And then there are an immense number of good amateur falco players.

But let's not forget foreigh players too.

From Japan Hiko is pretty much the best falco right now, and BombSoldier gets mentioned just because of the influence he had on the falco community.

And from Europe we have Aldwyn and Sereteur, both who are extremely good.

I think though, we need any player who even thought about playing falco, to come to Pound 3, and have a mini-falco tourney, haha.

Banks

Smash Hero
pc chris used fox a ****load in Vegas MLG as well, including a bunch of games he won vs KDJ to win the whole thing

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think more like shiz, I live in the present, I think along the lines of like.. who brought the character to its highest potential and competes at the highest levels. The only way to do that is to stay current, cause the game is constantly evolving and everyone is getting better. Ken may have more accomplishments from being the best for a disgusting amount of time, but m2k was consistently the best for like a long time amongst the highest level of play ever seen and brought marth and smash for that matter to a level of perfection never before seen. To me that makes him the best marth ever, above even ken. Theres no garuntee ken could have competed at such a high level that the game was brought to. Also, pc never used exclusivley falco, I remember MLG vegas he ended up having to switch to fox in his most important set ever 10 grand vs kdj. IMO pc wins cause hes pc and just ridiculously good at the game, he was never a real true falco main IMO. I still give best falco ever to shiz. As hes shown me the highest level of falco to date.

Wow how did 5 posts happen while I was writing this?

Basically it comes down to how you personally view the best ever, if its overall accomplishments of time or who brought that character closest to its max potential.

Big_R

Smash Champion
i like shiz's falco the most right now. ppl keep saying forward, and he did birng a lot of new stuff to the table, but it seems like shiz has all of that down and then some. plus forward randomly posts about how he will need to practice the game again like 2 weeks before pound 3...so he's kinda saying he hasn't been playing much, so who knows if he's out of practice or if he's keeping up playing falco. and pc, well he did a lot in the past and can still do some work with falco, but he plays more fox and says he quit falco.

so shiz seems like the only one consistantly playing falco and doing so at a high level so i will go with shiz.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
it all depends on if you mean the best now, or the best by accomplishments
part of me thinks the best now tends to be the best since the metagame keeps improving..it's so much easier to grow now knowing the strats that others have made.

but can we really accurately judge like that? good players adjust their unique styles to the metagames of others. Would improved strategies for matchups really make a difference if ken were to become active at smash again? or would superior reading and adaptation plus years of experience render the new strategies/playstyles worthless?

anywas, the current best marth is m2k

best in performance is ken..and we shouldn't forget he also won evo world when it counted..but ya, at the very least we can say 2 things, m2k ***** ken in marth dittos, and m2k took marth's fluidity and edgeguarding to new levels.

But we shouldn't judge only on those things, technical players are more likely to have inconsistent performance..i'm often called an untechnical fox by my friends cause i only do SHDL and basic waveshine to combo instead of flashy infinites or crazy combos...it's all good to say that you can do a zero to death combo, but i see falcons suiciding/getting easily gimped all the time because they missed one of their flashy combo to death sequences...and the same thing happens to other characters...meanwhile i can say confidently that i have not had nearly as many careless suicides even as great players like chu dat and shiz. The problem is that unwillingness to do high risk moves probably hampers my style somewhat...at the same time i rarely have to lose a match feeling like..if only i hadn't made that minor technical mistake then i could have won.

ken was more minimalist than m2k in terms of play..but it's unfair to try to compare them when one player has retired. I mean, comparing azen's marth to m2k in terms of speed, combo ability, and spacing I would think that azen wouldn't even compare in a match..yet he does...it's not that easy to try to make judgments on who has a better playstyle.

because of this, i think a lot of people including me, have a hard time deciding whether past performance or current comparisons of videos is a more accurate judge of who was the greatest of all time.

Regardless, everyone knows that they just want to watch shiz combo far more than any of PC's matches:)

Drephen

Smash Master
what everyone else has already said,

shiz - tech and smarts
pc - mega smarts although not his main
lambchops - tech and smart but 3rd lol

predicts drephen to enter and submit mathos's name to the equasion

EDIT: sorry P lol didnt read >___>
mathos - lasers

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
overall accomplishments its PC but currently its shizwiz imo

Sure, want to make it 20$? I didn't even laser, i was just having fun in that pools match, i don't take pools seriously.

Edit : At pound I will tho, cause i'll have to, mad good people going. :(

And cause theres going to be 3 rounds LOL.
haha no thanks. I was kidding anyways =P
Falco dittos are too risky for me to put any more than $5 on haha

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
yeah thats rather unfortunate cuz BS was such a machine. but machines get old, rusty, and outdated.

However, DaShizWiz is now a smexy Cadillac; straight up gold rims and s***.

Drolian

Smash Journeyman
Forward beat BombS at OC3.

Why is this topic still going? Where's B-Will when you need him.

Forward/Shiz/PC/Chops (not necessarily in that order)

End of topic.

Hax

Smash Champion
pc, shiz or forward... probably one of the latter 2 lol.

forward

Smash Champion
I created Falco

Half of what you saw PC doing back when he beat ken he learned from me. Half of what you see Shiz doing right now he learned from me, or he learned from chops who learned from me.

Right now Shiz is the best though, I don't doubt that. His execution is spot on, not many people are close to his level in that area.

chops is grimey LOL

Eggm

Smash Hero
I created Falco

Half of what you saw PC doing back when he beat ken he learned from me. Half of what you see Shiz doing right now he learned from me, or he learned from chops who learned from me.

Right now Shiz is the best though, I don't doubt that. His execution is spot on, not many people are close to his level in that area.

chops is grimey LOL
Nothing anyone can really say about this, LOL.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Nothing anyone can really say about this, LOL.
I can. I mean, I don't want to pole jock or nothin' but Forward's the best Falco and doesn't give himself the credit of being the best. I remember talking to him on AIM back in the day he was saying someone was better than him because he lacked self control or something. But hands down in my opinion Forward's the best. Shiz I would say is a close second. Shiz's execution is clearly undisputed but Forwards innovation and mindgames with Falco are undisputed.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Shiz
Chops
Forward

Are the 3 best Falcos. PC rarely even plays Falco in big tourneys anymore. I'm probably FL biased though.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
I can. I mean, I don't want to pole jock or nothin' but Forward's the best Falco and doesn't give himself the credit of being the best. I remember talking to him on AIM back in the day he was saying someone was better than him because he lacked self control or something. But hands down in my opinion Forward's the best. Shiz I would say is a close second. Shiz's execution is clearly undisputed but Forwards innovation and mindgames with Falco are undisputed.
i think shiz is #1 right now imo. but what u said about forward is qft.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Don't be modest, Forward
If you were still going to big tournaments you would still be ****** everyone in the *** LOL

Also, for you BombSoldier fanboys, he can be the best Falco prayer

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I created Falco

chops is grimey LOL
lol

while i was reading this i was thinking "whos this little noob, forward is the best falco player in my opinion"
then i saw your name

so yeah. do you still smash?

Cort

Apple Head
PC is the only Falco that is all round good in every matchup using him.

Plus he's much smarter than any other contestant...

So yeah, PC.

elastickub

Smash Cadet
bombsoldier for real hes just to beast o yea shiz is real good but forward is my fav so i say b
1. bombsoldier
2. forward
3. pc
4. shiz

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Please get Bombsoldier out of this thread. I used to look up to him, but after I noticed I was better than him. Theres not much point anymore. He got owned by Forward at OC3. Bombsoldier placed 17th loosing to Drephen and Forward.

Your post caught me off guard Forward. But yeah its true, I took everything I could from Forward and try to apply it to my game. I was watching those INNsomnia vids for about a week or so learning all the mindgames and stuff that took place. I learned lots of my combos from Lambchops. But all my platform movement and lasers are from Forward, and some mindgames. Like pressuring people into there rolls, I took that from the INNsomnia vids.

But even if I am best Falco, I won't have the chance to prove it. Because I don't think I'm going to Pound 3 considering I don't have any money.

I still have doubt whether PC and Forward are smarter than me with Falco. Much of you can't say anything, so don't. Just watch my new vids vs Chu and try to see past the techskill and look at the mindgames that got him into the techskill. I know its a john too, but most people can't play at their best vs someone like Chu. So I wish I had different matches to show me play when I'm not too nervous worrying about getting grabbed, lol. The reason why Lambchops has no doubt that I am best Falco is because he's seen me play when I try really hard. He knows I have some intense mindgames. And so does he, but when we Falco ditto I always adapt. Which we say Forward is the only person that does that aswell. Which is so true.

I'm really starting to dislike Bombsoldier fanboys. The only reason I used to think he was really good was because he had an awesome combo video and almost beat Ken. But he already got owned at OC3 and I was shocked. So people stop talking about him, its getting old, and very annoying. Most people still talking about Bombsoldier are noobs. I'd love to have Lambchops go over there and **** him.

Forward, tell me about this new trick you learned so I can copy it. Just incase I do go to Pound 3 :chuckle:.

I also feel, if I were better in the peach matchup, I would probably have a higher chance being the best falco. Because I always loose to peaches at every tournament I go too....

At FC Diamond it was PC's peach and Vidjos... I didn't really care much loosing to PC, but Vidjo I almost beat so I was like :sad:. But I have gotten quite gayer with lasers and other stuff from then, so we'll see what happens next. I really wish I coulda fought PC's Fox/Falco though.....

Razor

Smash Journeyman
best ever=best EVER

shiz, GO to POUND. toooo many good ppl are going. seriously, own them fools.

best ever means BEST EVER. in the NBA, the best player is probably Lebron or Kobe, but neither one is the best ever bc MJ clearly has that title.

sure, athleticism is different from gaming skills but ppl fall out of their prime all the time in nearly everything. chess, poker, bowling, whatever. the point is, you have to consider who's the best from start to finish.

I agree with most, if it's AT-THE-MOMENT best then it's probably Shiz. But lets say 5, 10 years when melee is extinct, i hold a World Tourny and prove i'm the best falco. it won't matter because i never played the best or expanded falco's metagame.

it's not to say today's falco players are worse - they're probably better. i just think that the best ever has to be someone who accomplished the most throughout the game's heavy and deep history. I think PC played and beat the best with falco and with MLG's past promotion of smash, i just think PC is the answer.

xiaonomercy

Smash Cadet
Please get Bombsoldier out of this thread. I used to look up to him, but after I noticed I was better than him. Theres not much point anymore. He got owned by Forward at OC3. Bombsoldier placed 17th loosing to Drephen and Forward.

Your post caught me off guard Forward. But yeah its true, I took everything I could from Forward and try to apply it to my game. I was watching those INNsomnia vids for about a week or so learning all the mindgames and stuff that took place. I learned lots of my combos from Lambchops. But all my platform movement and lasers are from Forward, and some mindgames. Like pressuring people into there rolls, I took that from the INNsomnia vids.

But even if I am best Falco, I won't have the chance to prove it. Because I don't think I'm going to Pound 3 considering I don't have any money.

I still have doubt whether PC and Forward are smarter than me with Falco. Much of you can't say anything, so don't. Just watch my new vids vs Chu and try to see past the techskill and look at the mindgames that got him into the techskill. I know its a john too, but most people can't play at their best vs someone like Chu. So I wish I had different matches to show me play when I'm not too nervous worrying about getting grabbed, lol. The reason why Lambchops has no doubt that I am best Falco is because he's seen me play when I try really hard. He knows I have some intense mindgames. And so does he, but when we Falco ditto I always adapt. Which we say Forward is the only person that does that aswell. Which is so true.

I'm really starting to dislike Bombsoldier fanboys. The only reason I used to think he was really good was because he had an awesome combo video and almost beat Ken. But he already got owned at OC3 and I was shocked. So people stop talking about him, its getting old, and very annoying. Most people still talking about Bombsoldier are noobs. I'd love to have Lambchops go over there and **** him.

Forward, tell me about this new trick you learned so I can copy it. Just incase I do go to Pound 3 :chuckle:.

I also feel, if I were better in the peach matchup, I would probably have a higher chance being the best falco. Because I always loose to peaches at every tournament I go too....

At FC Diamond it was PC's peach and Vidjos... I didn't really care much loosing to PC, but Vidjo I almost beat so I was like :sad:. But I have gotten quite gayer with lasers and other stuff from then, so we'll see what happens next. I really wish I coulda fought PC's Fox/Falco though.....
ok i just want to get this out of the way so no one hates me anymore. ive only seen bs' 06 vids and those combo vids which is why i thought of him as insane. anyway, i'll stop talking. pl dont kill me.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom