• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best falco player ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velox

Smash Ace
Forwizzle or Azen would be obvious picks. Or hell, Ken. We don't really know what would happen if Ken played Falco in a tournament do we? What if Drephen has a monster Falco?

But what are we going to do through them all into a pit and see what happens? Don't worry about the characters so much. Until we have a tournament (or like 80 of them in a row) where we can only use Falcos against pseudo-pros and see how we place we won't ever know. With Ken, we knew for a while he had the best Marth. Why? Because not only was he the best player, he consistantly won with his main (Marth) and there wasn't anyone flat out better than him who possibly could have beaten him even with his own main (Marth), in spite of the fact that the better person might not have even mained Marth. Does Forward main Falco and win lots of tournaments with him? Yes, but even though I like Forward's gameplay, I still have much questions as to what could happen with Falco players. Though I guess if you were an anomatronic robot and just looked at tournament results featuring Falco you could put Forward or PC up there, but those results would be inaccurate as I've previously mentioned due to uncertaincy...

oshkashbikobi (a squirtle player from japan) might be able to beat forward's falco for all we know

But if you're not really taking this topic seriously and just having a little fun with it which I'm sure you are, I'd say Forward for best Falco, though I bet Azen could do disgusting with Falco in tournament.

Edit*** Oh, also there's not enough national tournaments for us to know jack about this game anymore :p Well... there is still big tournaments (though slow since such titles such as "MOAST", "OC", "MLG", "FC", "TG", etc...), but the bigger problem is lack of all pro attendance that MLG frequently exhibited. Where did KDJ go? NEO? FLT? KM? Rob$? SKYPAL? King? etc. (disclaimer* don't be a *** and take these names in to high scrutiny and analyze why they might have been at a recent tournament and done bad at because some have, I'm demonstrating a point -_________-)

Also, what happens when we throw another group into the tournament mix. Hypothetically, we through in Europe into the American community and all of a sudden Nihonjin and EK consistantly beat Forward and all of a sudden Forward is running into them in tournaments and is not placing as high, but Azen is unaffected by the change. Would you have felt good about prematurely placing Forward as best Falco?

xiaonomercy

Smash Cadet
dashizwiz is prolly by far the best. umm forward beat bombsoldier lol. bombsoldier is proly nowhere near shiz lol
um are you sure forward beat bs? i mean he's been retired for a while so that might be why. anyway, plz send me a link of those vids :grin:

terr13

Smash Journeyman
It was OC3, buy the DVD. Vote goes to Shiz for best Falco.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Define best, and then remove bombsoldier from the list of candidates.

forward, shiz, or pc depending on your definition.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I definitely vote for Shiz. PC barely plays with Falco anymore. Forward is retired. And BS... I still don't understand why people think he's anywhere near the best.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
..I think BS is better..
mainly because he seems faster somehow. maybe it's just me
don't kill me O.O

Adi

Smash Lord
Silly people voting for Bombsoldier. He may look flashy but that doesn't mean too much at high levels of play. I'd say PC probably has the best falco, closely followed by Shiz, who's closely followed by Forward, who's closely followed by Chops.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
But PC and Forward switched mains >.<.

So I would put it as Shiz, closely followed by Lambchops.

But, if we are including past falco mains, probably go Shiz/Forward, Lambchops, PC. Yeah I know I put PC last, but that's because he dropped off of falco while forward and everyone was getting better. If you compare his falco in matches w/ cort today with matches of anyone else, you will see the difference.

But regardless, I think this topic has been done before, many, many, times.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
Im not silly Adi (if that was even directed at me)
Actually all I meant was that I thought BS was better than Forward, and I still think so, but now that I look at it I can see how you would get the wrong idea.

PC has allways been my favorite falco player no matter what. but after watching som vids of them all right after another shiz does seem the most technical. and since falco is a very tech-based character I'm gonna vote Shiz the best (but PC is still my fav,, falco or not)

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Shiz is a really smart player. You don't get to that kind of level by pure techskill only.

Thank you Hydro Kirby. Its about time someone realizes this. I don't understand how in a crew battle at FC. I can take out Aho, PC, and almost 2 stock off M2K with just techskill...

I mean not to sound offended or anything but I really don't care the opinion of people nowadays. Because their opinions are overweighted with so much BS its not worth taking into consideration.

They look at Flashiness, Techskill, videos, and whoever looks better.....

Its about time we start taking results...

Look at tournaments where all the Good Falcos were at, and see who placed the best.

My personal best Falcos would have to be:

Forward
PC
Me
Lambchops
KeepSpeedN(Maybe)
And maybe Eggm....

I would like the discussion to end here so I'll go into detail why I think ______ about these players:

Forward, he is one of the best Falcos because he only looses to Top players. I've never ever seen him loose to someone that is not a Top player. And can place very good at large tournaments.

He has placed great at other tournaments with the Top falcos on my list. At Pound 2 he placed 9th loosing to Drephen. There were 200 people at that tournament. This tournament had PC, and Shiz, and Eggm there. And at FC Diamond, he placed 25th loosing to Lambchops and KA Master. Lambchops 2-1'd Forward in winners bracket. I don't know what KA master did but I saw him beat Forward's Sheik. Even though he only placed 25th, he lost to Top players. And if not Top players, they are probably one of the best with their characters.

PC Chris, at Pound 2 he placed 5th, loosing to M2K with Falco/Fox. He is a very consistently player, at FC Diamond he beat M2K in Winners Finals 3-0 with Falco. But in Grand Finals lost to M2K 6-0, with Falco, Fox and Peach. He played 2nd place at FC Diamond. But the only thing that makes his placing iffy, is that he used Fox during the tournament too. But from what I can see, he was releasing ownage with Falco.

Me, I placed 7th at Pound 2 loosing to Drephen after Forward did. We both got 2-1'd by Drephen. Matches are on youtube of us both, if you want to, check it out. Before I lost to drephen I beat Tink, and then KeepSpeedN forfeited to me. At FC Diamond, I placed 7th out of 256 people. I played Mathos first round, after that I played ChillinDude(best him), then KeepSpeedN forfeited to me, and then I lost to PC's peach. And in losers bracket I lost to another peach, Vidjo.

Lambchops, did not go to Pound. But went to FC Diamond and placed 9th. In the winners bracket he beat, Forward and Tink. And was sent to losers bracket by Drephen. And then was tooken out of the bracket by Vidjo's Marth. So he ultimately placed 9th.

KeepSpeedN, is a falco much people don't know about. But is very very good. He went to Pound 2 and got 9th place. But didn't use Falco much at all, mainly Fox/Sheik. He went to FC Diamond and used Falco in crews and 3 stocked Jiano, and was going even with Mikey Lenetia. At FC Diamond he was going pretty even with Forward in friendlies or a little more than even(With Falco). And about 2 weeks ago he beat Lambchops in a match that ended their set in a Falco ditto. And about 1 week ago at the tournament I fought ChuDat, he beat me in our last match that ended the set, in a Falco ditto. So yeah, his falco is pretty beastly.

Eggm, I know he has beaten BUM, Wes and some other people. He is a technical Falco that is pretty good. I havn't seen much of him besides the Falco dittos we had at Pound which was about 8. He says he beat me in one on FD, but I recall it being a close match. I recall winning 8/8 of the matches. But we'll get some more dittos in sometime. And at Viva La Smashtaclysm, he placed 9th. He is going to Money Math Lambchops. For how much money?

This is my reasoning for why I say these people are the best Falcos. If you don't agree, give me better reasoning without dumb logic and bias please.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I think Forward would be the best right now, if he didn't retire..
PC is placing really well in tournaments lately.
Shiz is great and still rising. I think he would eventually be the top Falco if Brawl wasn't gonna come out and take over.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Thanks for the mention Shiz, I personally feel shiz is the best falco, without question. If you are a little unsure about this, just re read shiz's post and watch his new vids vs chu. ^^;

I also placed higher than chu/drephen at a c3 beating the two people who took them out right after they did so, KM and Tope, I got 7th at that and it was a pretty stacked bracket. Just to add to your write up on me. :) And yeah, hopefully our falco dittos at pound 3 will be different i've improved soooooooooooooo much since then its ridiculous. And its 100$ with lambchops its going to be epic best of 7 all falco dittos all neutrals everyone should watch. :) Pound 3 will help a lot with this discussion since pretty much everyone shiz mentioned is going, and we can see who places higher and who they beat etc.

Edit : I'd also like 5$ 2 outta 3 mm's with this list.
Forward
PC
Me
dope
KeepSpeedN
Mathos
Zhu
Falcomist

And any other falco who might be going.

Vegard

Smash Lord
ya Falcomist has made several good placings at recent majors... (top 10 each of them if I recall correctly..)

And Zhu is definitely getting there, placing top 3 or 2 on every possible west coast tournament lately.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Good stuff Eggm, I would love to see you do some **** at Pound 3..... if I can go. Right now I'm low on money so I don't know whats going to happen...

And I want to go to this tournament coming up this weekend, but Chu is going. And I have to drive. So most likely I won't profit from the tournament getting second/third. So I'm debating even going. But if Chu doesn't go and I win the tournament. I should be able to go to Pound 3... but yeah.

And if your saying you want to MM me, I don't do Money Mathches. Because I just don't, and I never ever have any extra money.

Vegard

Smash Lord
well....

You were extremely close vs Chu Dat, give it another chance please :)

do it for the sake of the fans :p

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
PC - Smart
Shiz - Tech
Forward - Just to freaking good!!!
ROFLMAO at this nooby post. this is sad but true. 80% of the smash community dont know whats tech skillsl and mindagmes no point in explaining like math you gotta learn how to play this game step by step to comprehend. I would explain it but people wont get it. Dope is one of the best pc doesnt use falco(barely) so why should he be on this best falco list?

xiaonomercy

Smash Cadet
ROFLMAO at this nooby post. this is sad but true. 80% of the smash community dont know whats tech skillsl and mindagmes no point in explaining like math you gotta learn how to play this game step by step to comprehend. I would explain it but people wont get it. Dope is one of the best pc doesnt use falco(barely) so why should he be on this best falco list?
i know what teching and mindgames are. i havent seen much 2007 vids so i wanted to be updated of better falcos since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom