• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best DK?

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
What are some videos of the "best dk" on these boards.
Im new to DK and really want to learn as much as i can because... DK owns and i feel he can be my counter to metaknight if i use him right

whut?

Smash Journeyman
This is really unnecessary..theres been too many of these carbon copy threads.
"WHOS TEH BEST" just makes everyone cocky and kiss ***, it ruins SWF.
even if this thread has 100 replys you still wont know, opinions are biased.
i play with 7734, & have played bigfoot, they both have good DKs.
but best? no, not even bum has the best DK.

if youre new, you dont have to post a thread. read the existing ones,
i guarantee you any questions you have are already answered. ^_^

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
The game has only been out for 3 months now, it's too early to have "the best ____". Right now it comes down to overrall knowledge of other players. Once character matches are better known by everyone, then we can worry about the best of. That and we would need some more major tounament data.

The only reason you should give the title "best of" is to troll or talk ****, for humorous reasons like me ^.^

Scala

Smash Ace
I think these threads are more about finding vids of people who are considered the best not to kiss *** or anything but just to be able to have some footage to watch and see what an experienced * player is like

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
no one knows the best yet, but there are plenty of good ones, riot, bum, cbk, me, axelol, darkrain, and a few others. we won't know the best until we get a huge tourney together, and even then, it won't happen unless the dks go to that tourney

Linguini

Smash Master
no one knows the best yet, but there are plenty of good ones, riot, bum, cbk, me, axelol, darkrain, and a few others. we won't know the best until we get a huge tourney together, and even then, it won't happen unless the dks go to that tourney
lol well i know me and riot are going to the next huge oos event which is FAST1, 200+ in attendance, be there.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Axelol is pretty incredible... first time you play him you'll have lost two stocks before you even know what happened, haha.

Smash Journeyman
I don't know who is the best, but I have learned something different from each really good DK I've played including; Bigfoot, Ripple, Axelol, Kalm, Cyphus and Bum! All of these players plus more not listed here are all really good DKs!

fear17

Smash Apprentice
If you really want to know a lot about dk you should see some videos of mouf he is one of the best dks there is

Shök

Smash Champion
That it where you are wrong Fear.

Mouf is one of the best in Houston, and thats it.

I havent seen him play any other DK's.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I think I have a DK that's up there as well. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything. It's just because I've been winning a lot of tournaments lately with him. I actually have one match on YouTube, but it's low quality, and has some weird Japanese song on it... Anyways, here's the match:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yHIaP6pOg7c

Massiveguns

Smash Apprentice
I vote Axelol because he owned me so hard i started to play his character,
in all seriousness there is not nearly enough vids to compare top DK's atm

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I just got 5th at another tournament today(MSOP 3) I lost to Tink in the first round and went until I played an ICs and got 3 stocked both games. one game I only did 4% thanks to the ****ing broken chain grab. my opponent power shielded every attack I did. no joke

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Talk about IC Rapeage.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Don't get grabbed? It's the same as Wobbling in Melee, really. Treat it like if you get grabbed, you automatically lose a stock (which is usually the case). It's far from unbeatable. In Melee, I had a friend who could wobble perfectly, but I still beat him (with Falcon, not DK).

Oh, and kill the pink *****. Seriously.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Don't get grabbed? It's the same as Wobbling in Melee, really. Treat it like if you get grabbed, you automatically lose a stock (which is usually the case). It's far from unbeatable. In Melee, I had a friend who could wobble perfectly, but I still beat him (with Falcon, not DK).

Oh, and kill the pink *****. Seriously.

its impossible not to get grabbed by ICs in this game. in melee you could get away with with it because of its fast paced game, L-cancel , shield stun lasting longer. in brawl if they shield your attack you will get grabbed and lose a stock. oh and btw, the best counter character to ICs in melee was falcon, it was like a 20-80 match up, its not hard not to get grabbed by them if your him. I beat wobbles himself when I was falcon. and wobbles is considered one of the top 5 ICs in the US and I was a nobody.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
On topic: I don't know how Darkrain stacks up to other DKs, but there are videos here of his DK at a 50 man Kansas City tournament.

ICs: Maybe ICs should be the next topic of discussion in Brahma's matchup thread. I know a person who used to use ICs a lot. I'll have him brush up on his CGs and I'll try to find ways around them.

Yanki

Smash Cadet
Haahaha

WOW, bum IS SICK. just watching those two videos makes me happy to be a DK main
Hahaha bum is sick, hahaha ye he is so sick, that maybe can say, why he play so bad >.< him DK sucks like mine english, all that bad, i gona upload 1 of mine videos and u gona see more than 1 grab in the edge for won :p, poor nobito.

Smash Journeyman
its impossible not to get grabbed by ICs in this game. in melee you could get away with with it because of its fast paced game, L-cancel , shield stun lasting longer. in brawl if they shield your attack you will get grabbed and lose a stock. oh and btw, the best counter character to ICs in melee was falcon, it was like a 20-80 match up, its not hard not to get grabbed by them if your him. I beat wobbles himself when I was falcon. and wobbles is considered one of the top 5 ICs in the US and I was a nobody.
Quite impressive ripple. I personally know wobbles, and play him all the time in melee. And I still can't beat him! BTW he is the best IC's and probably one of the top 5 melee players in the world.

Top Bottom