• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Dash Attack

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
its diddy for sure.

multiple hits, no end lag so its safe, combos into utilt and aerials, works great with his banana game.

ya its diddy

[/thread]

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Oh yea diddys his is nice.

And gheb im talking about dash attacks not dash attack cancelled into up smash or whatever you wanna call it.

Snakes is still pretty good but I dunno if its the best.

EDIT: Ok we can discuss best dashing up smash too snake has a really good one.

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
D3 has the best dash attack for KOing, it has huge knockback, but it's very risky due to its startup and ending lag. Great for surprise KOs though.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Meta Knight because hes Meta Knight.
/thread.

Toon Link cuz I said so.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If I were to rate the actual dash attacks instead of DACUS, it would have to be Diddy or Metaknight since they both have dash attacks that can easily be lead into other things. The worst ones would probably be Wario, Mario, and Pikachu's.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Overall: Diddy
For KOing: Ganondorf

Yeah, Dededes is probably stronger than Ganondorfs, but Ganons is way faster.

Browny

Smash Hater
worst is luigis. just hold down sheild and you will wlays PS the final hit for an easy grab, or you can just DI behind him and fsmash.

I think ganons is the best. huge priority, goes through practically everything if you feel like racking damage up with it 15% omg and of course keeping it fresh makes it hit almost as hard as his fsmash for a quick KO

Luigi player

Smash Master
worst is luigis. just hold down sheild and you will wlays PS the final hit for an easy grab, or you can just DI behind him and fsmash.

I think ganons is the best. huge priority, goes through practically everything if you feel like racking damage up with it 15% omg and of course keeping it fresh makes it hit almost as hard as his fsmash for a quick KO
Yeah Luigis sucks since Melee :( In 64 it was actually not that bad.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Diddy's combos, and Falco's sets up for Gatling combo after a CG for great damage. One of those. Or Snake if you Mortar Dash. That is broken, I did it right the second time a tried it!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thers a lot of good dash attack

fox's diddys Zss's and sonics are good for follow ups,

ganons and D3s are great for killing, (D3s kills earlier than anybody else, based purely on trajectory)

snake falco and shiek and wolf have amazing DACs

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
thers a lot of good dash attack

fox's diddys Zss's and sonics are good for follow ups,

ganons and D3s are great for killing, (D3s kills earlier than anybody else, based purely on trajectory)

snake falco and shiek and wolf have amazing DACs
lol

Anyways, Diddy Kong for utility into his game, Snake for sheer power, speed, and near-unpunishability, Ganondorf for KO power, D3 if you're fighting an idiot who doesn't know how to punish, Sheik's in terms of speed, Samus for Windmill of Fury, and Sonic if you REALLY want to lose.

Overall? I'd say Snake's. Snake's is virtually unpunishable with INSANE priority, and the Mortar sliding is just a bonus. Diddy Kong and Ganondorf tie for second, methinks. Diddy's game really involves that dash attack, and Ganondorf's is just plain powerful and speedy.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well, when you answer to one of these, everyone should ask themselves: "Which is the most useful for that particular character?" When I first ask this, I can think I can safely say that the best dash attack, is Snake's. This gives him the best approach, can set players up into horrible positions and of course can do beasty damage.

EDIT: Oh and obviously dash attack cancel, that's always a good thing lol.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Nintendo/Kirby/SqueakSquad/Dedede.gif

At the bottom of the image, that's where they got his dash attack. :bee: He was just... trying to stop Kirby or something in one of the Kirby games.

Other than Snake's dash attack, I think Kirby has a good Yo-yo spin (his dash attack name) and Sheik has a good one also.
In Kirby Super Star, I believe, King Dedede tripped quite a bit, which yielded stars to shoot at him. It was an actual attack.

Top Bottom