• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Character Tag Team

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
has anyone ever tried any character + isai yet??????? clearly a broken team
Only in Melee and 64. Isai's been getting nerfed over the course of the series' releases. He was godly in 64, then everyone thought he was really good at first for SSBM, but later discovered he was only good for teams (apparently due to a "sandbag" for whenever he was used in singles). Brawl? He's been nerfed hardcore. Can't even land a knee anymore, from what I hear.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
DK and diddy make a sickteam, diddy can feed bananas for dks glidetoss (which covers half of fd) and hold opponents still so dk can get easy kills, diddys sideb and bananas make getting off powerful smashes pretty easy

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I personally think Wario and Dedede make a great team because it usually takes forever to kill them both with their ridicolous recoveries and there are so many combos you can pull off with them (although most of them are only succesful if Team Attack is off...). One of my favorites is using Wario's Bite and then having Dedede using his Fsmash or his down special.

Messiano

Smash Journeyman
Meta Ike, Pit Ike, Meta Snake, Pit Snake, Toon Link......you get the pattern One person to rack the damage other to finish

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I found yesterday that a Marth/Olimar combo works really well. Their fairs are so alike. >.>

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
GaW's bucket and mother boys energy heals are ******** OP in this game. the bucket does full charge shot damage with 3 fox lasers, and the energy heals heal full charge shot damage from a lucas pk fire, so any team made to abuse one of those moves will fair really well.

p.s. do cook projectiles count as energy, if so, brawl teams just broke

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Depends on the Olimar, my friend. ;)
No, it really doesn't. One good Olimar vs two good anything=lose. Unless it's Ganon. You just pummel, combo, and pressure him until he's off the edge, and then, it doesn't matter how many pikmin he has. One person holds the edge, the other prevents him from coming back any other way. GG, Olimar. Same goes for Ike.

Best Tag Team is obviously Ganondorf/Ganondorf.

Maybe you can dodge 1 warlock punch, BUT NOT TWO!!!!!!
QFT. :D

SONIC AND IKE

just use sonic's run grab then have Ike smash him
You would think so, but Ike gets ***** in teams. A smart team will just gang up on him.

flyingpork002

Smash Apprentice
diddy kong is the ultimate teams player, him plus any good finisher = total ****-age because diddy is the best at racking up damage, and also great recovery so he wont die to leave you alone, and his bananas can stop the enemy in their tracks and set up for an ike fsmash or a dedede fsmash or a (fill in name of powerfull character here) fsmash

Browny

Smash Hater
who needs KO power from smash attack when all you need is either G&W bucket or snakes tilts

everything else isnt worth mentioning

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
It would have to be double Zelda or double Pikachu from my experience, assuming team attack is off. They can literally create a wall of attacks back to back from each other that makes approaches near impossible. In Zelda's case, double Din's Fire or Fsmash/Usmash, and in Pika's case, I'm pretty sure double Dsmash is possible, and double Thunder is basically a wall you're not going to cross, ever.

With Team Attack on, I wouldn't know. I would like to play those matches, but I don't get many people interested in it. :/

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
Two wavebird receivers on the same frequency, and two ice climbers. I call it the Ice Troop.
What if one of them gets knocked off and has to recover, but the other one is already on the stage and right next to the edge on the opposite side of the stage? :p

Lucas/Ness + G&W's bucket FTW FTW FTW. Lucas & Ness can absorb G&W's Oil panic if they need to, or he can use it as a kill move for an OHKO.

Shök

Smash Champion
Man, I didn't think the thread would be so big!
Wolf and Wario lack both speed and power, so no.
The Top tier Dudes (Marth, Snake, MK and TL) are excellent, no matter which 2 you put together. Because they cover each other's weaknesses.
Marth Lacks Projectiles. TL and Snake can help that.
MK Lacks a Killing move. The other three can all cover that. He also lacks a spike....(Marth helps alot)
TL needs a longer sword. Marth helps.
Snake lacks a fast-paced close range game. The other three help.
I could go on forever, but I won't.

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
Man, I didn't think the thread would be so big!
Wolf and Wario lack both speed and power, so no.
The Top tier Dudes (Marth, Snake, MK and TL) are excellent, no matter which 2 you put together. Because they cover each other's weaknesses.
Marth Lacks Projectiles. TL and Snake can help that.
MK Lacks a Killing move. The other three can all cover that. He also lacks a spike....(Marth helps alot)
TL needs a longer sword. Marth helps.
Snake lacks a fast-paced close range game. The other three help.
I could go on forever, but I won't.
No one cares about G&W. :(

FishinPenguin

Smash Rookie
Dual Pikachu's are amazing. Edgeguarding is simply impossible to get out of without receiving 1 or 2 hits. And if FF is off..... yeah..... no better combo :)

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Snake and Pit are incredibly awesome when they know how to exploit Snake's explosives.

With Friendly Fire on, Pit can detonate most of Snake's explosives with the arrows, and create some pretty crazy nade angles with the mirror shield.

My bud and me have been doing this for quite a while now, and nothing says YOU DIE! like a C4 plus an arrow detonating a mine that detonates 4 nades at the same time next to the ledge.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
i find that diddy and Jiggs are a very good team.
Diddy throws banana, opponent falls, jiggs rests

Another good team is diddy and Ike (i like diddy :)) [or diddy and ddd]
diddy throws bananas tan ike/ddd powerhit to kill

More good diddy teams are Diddy and ganondarf/wario/bowser/falco/rob/marth/olimar

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Because of the quick change a Zelda/Sheik team is quite effective now

General Strategy:
Start the match with both players using Sheik and rack up the damage on your opponents once they reach around 100% have one player start the process of becoming Zelda while the other guards or keep the other two busy for a bit. If done correctly you shouldn't be punished too badly if at all. When you see the change of the icon from Sheik to Zelda the remaining Sheik player can now do a quick change that takes only like 1/4 a second to do. Once both enemies with high damage is dead switch back to Sheik and repeat.

This combination has speed, combo ability, and knock back.

lilvietkoi

Smash Cadet
i have an urge to say ness and lucas. they have a good projectile game. one controls the air while the other defends the ground. They compliment eachother with their attacks and can change roles in an instant. And if friendly fire is on? oh my, free healing all the way.

This and Toon link and Snake.

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
Zelda (me) and Metaknight (my partner). Undefeated at Oakland's last tournament, 12 wins. Zelda is amazing in doubles. She has an easily spammed attack with wide range and good accuracy (i.e. side b), kill potential, and has no trouble spacing away from your partner.

Some other good teams were Snake and DDD, DDD and DDD, Pikachu and Zelda, and Pit and Wario (who won second place).

Shök

Smash Champion
No one cares about G&W. :(
Don't Cry...G & W is an incredible character for doubles or singles.
You can put him with basically anyone and he can bombard them with chef projectiles and your tem mate con go close range. Use fire to regroup if the get too close. his side b 9rules, too.

Top Bottom