• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Aerial Character?

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's airs seem pretty unpredictable; and I'd say they're certainly not as hot for edgeguarding, as dguy said. Jiggly's got the whole "wall of pain" thing on her side, not to mention -controlled- floatyness.

TrageÐy ®

Smash Cadet
WTF
Wall Of Pain is teh sux

I love luigi in the air, because basically..You have no idea what's coming next.

Being unpredictable is what really counts, seeing as you can meteor when your opponent is expecting you to evade.

Luigi is the air plumber FTW

shadydentist

Smash Lord
WTF
Wall Of Pain is teh sux

I love luigi in the air, because basically..You have no idea what's coming next.

Being unpredictable is what really counts, seeing as you can meteor when your opponent is expecting you to evade.

Luigi is the air plumber FTW
Luigi has terrible aerial maneuverability. Once you jump, you just hang there. He needs to get on the ground to achieve any kind of speed. Jigglypuff, on the other hand, has the best aerial maneuverability in the game. Thats why Jigglypuff's wall of pain can carry an opponent all the way to the blast zone. This shouldn't even be a contest.

Even though Kirby also has lots of jumps, he also can't move too well in the air. That, and his air attacks aren't so good.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Seriously, even if Jiggs is better in the air, C. Falcon is the best aerial character. All of his moves combo into the Knee. The Knee is one of the best aerial moves in the game. Besides, Falcon Combos are way cooler than jiggs aerial combos. Just Check out Tapion's Vid: Isai are you watching?

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Kirby and Jiggleh.

I mean, seriously. Five jumps versus two.
If you say Luigi has two jumps then kirby and Jiggs both have 6 counting the first jump. Off the edge they both only have 5, but off the ground it is 6.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Captain Falcon basically only uses amazing aerials

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Aerial movement and everything overall.. Jiggly wins. Best aerial attacks? No, not Captain Falcon. Sheik wins in aerial attacks.. don't make me link the Sheik's Fair vs Falcon's Fair thread.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
I'll go Jiggly , as the thread is about the best aerial character , not who has the best aerials
I tend to agree with this. Falcon has argueably better aerials then jiggs, and uses them almost exclusivly in combat. His approach is basically one of 2 things: DD to aerial, or DD to grab (...to aerial, lol). Once he has hit his opponent, his followups are always aerials too (usualy nairs or uairs), and at mid-percents, his finisher is - of course - an aerial.

However, Jiggs has the best aerial maneuverability in the game. She is acually MORE meneuverable in the air then she is on the ground, and her entire game is in the air (except, like Falcon, for throws, which are usualy used to put your opponent into the air). Her overall air game is completely unmatched. Nothing can keep up with Jiggs in the air, and proof of this is pretty simple: how often is a good Jiggs player successfully edgeguarded?

Now, since the subject of this thread is "best aerial character" and not "best aerials", I'm going with Jiggs. No contest. Even Falcon can't keep up with Jiggs in flight.

Hax

Smash Champion
Sheik's mighty Slap.
sheik's fair was a very, very good finisher back when people didn't know how to DI. now it doesn't have the power to really kill too often (i'm serious). knee on the other hand tends to kill at 65%+ regardless of DI. captain falcon wins this thread.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Falcon's aerials more often than not aren't aerials. The majority of Falcon's moves involve his "aerial" moveset, but they are almost all SHFFL'd, which makes them more like ground moves, they're just faster, more powerful and have better range. But make Falcon fight in the air, pulling off whole combos without landing, and he loses his edge. He has no control once he's in the air; once he has a direction, that's his direction, and when this happens, Jigglypuff will destroy him, because she can go wherever she wants in the air. Once Falcon lost his second jump, Jiggs would control the game.

As far as I'm concerned, the top three characters at aerial fighting are Jiggs, Peach and Samus, based on their ability to maneuver in the air, their ability to control an aerial fight, and the options that they have for aerial finishers. I think this is why these three are characters whom you edgeguard by waiting at the edge, and do not engage aerially, because they can turn an aerial fight around in a split-second.

go2chutch

Smash Cadet
honestly saying that you can do one move instead of the other as luigi isnt really making a valid point as much as it is stating someting EVERYONE CAN DO, dair instead of fair didnt see that comming.

anyway, jiggs hands down. in terms of moves in the air i might consent to them not being the most powerful but the whole package that is jigglypuff allows for much better maneuverability and easily controlled WoP pillaring. i dont see any of luigis aerial moves comboing into each other with the exception of his Nair which is more of a combo breaker than a combo starter. Jiggs on the other hand can chain people out of stages and goes off the stage to edge guard. on top of that shes got the best recovery in the game hands down with infinate rising pound and 5 jumps plus a huge air dodge. put simply luigi wouldnt even be close to middle tier without touching the ground to wavedash in the air hes simply a stationary priority character, he needs the ground to be pwn, jiggs on the other hand uses the ground for grabs, fsmashes, and to renew jumps but can spend 75% of the time that isnt just dash dancing and pulsewalking in the air.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
As much as the smile that hit me when someone mentioned bowser.. i must say Jiggs with C. Falcon coming at a close second..

WTF with people saying luigi, he has absolutely no air control, he's floaty but he still sticks up there like he's in mud?

And whoever mentioned kirby :laugh:

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, Jiggs in the air. She has some of the best aerial priority. She can stay in the air literally forever. Perfect horizontal recovery & the best vertical recover (non wall Dependant) in the game. She can wall of pain. She has the best horizontal aerial acceleration in the game allowing her to wiggle back and forth on the way down, even in a SH (preventing her from being shield grabbed).

Captain falcon in second because he has the coolest aerial comboing and half his game is shffled aerials (the other half is tech chasing leading to aerials).

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I mean who else can float in the air and uair,nair, with a bomb in thier hand....!!!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Who else gets really easily intercepted in the air because she's really slow and the only thing she has going for her are her float canceled aerials into D-smash which has nothing to do with aerial combat...

Oh yea ok so i guess that doesn't mean she's that good in the air...

I agree with halfdemon

/Thread

Top Bottom