• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Aerial Character?

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Yeah, bowser!!!!

But seriously, as everyone here agrees, jigglypuff reigns supreme as the best aerial character. I really can't place a second one though.

Marth_marth

Smash Cadet
Marth no one can match his range with the fair, but that is only one move all around is Capt. Falcon.

Fyr3-STRIKE

Smash Apprentice
this is my order
1. Jigglypuff - this is self explanatory
2. Peach - the reason i put peach above falcon is that, she can float very far off the stage, and relies almost completely on aerials
3. Falcon - very strong aerials; fast
4. Marth - marth has very long reach, and his aerials can be chained into some insane combos, i think it has more use of aerials then most characters
5. Shiek - Shiek is good, but the better are finishing moves, Uair is mostly used to kill, and Fair is used to kill, the rest of the aerials are good, but they aren't the most combo-oriented aerials, so shiek can kill in the air, but doesn't deal damage in the air

(this is my opinion)

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
1. Jiggs - Has extremely amazing aerial maneuvorability and WoP...
2. Peach - God-like priority aerials/ground floating+aerials
3. Marth - Awesome range and one of the best comboing abilities in the air
4. Sheik - Very fast and powerful aerials to be used variably

The deal with Falcon:

Falcon has a knee, yes. It only works if you sweetspot if first of all. This thread is asking who the best aerial character is, not who has the best Fair of them all. Even if it was, Sheik's Fair is faster, doesn't need a sweetspot so badly, and sends them AWAY and DOWNWARDS (courtesy of Redd). Falcon's Knee can't combo by itself. You have to launch them first. His best launchers are his ground moves like Uthrow, Dthrow, Dtilt, etc. Of course Nair and Dair work, but they aren't the easiest things to land. Fair by itself can only be used in edgeguarding or SHFFLed. If you SHFFL it, then it'll be evaded by a sheild, a spot dodge, a roll, a jump, or maybe even a dijointed hitbox jab. Falcon also has his Uair. Uair and Nair are Falcon's only real comboing aerials. From there he goes to a Knee.. no creativity there (Dair>Nair>Uair>Knee). Dair really isn't hard to avoid at all.. same ways you can avoid Falcon's Knee or any other aerial. If you Lcancel, then you can grab them. But that's not what this topic is about. It's about who is the best aerial character. Grabs/throws happen only on the ground.

Jiggly - Jiggly can follow her opponent off the stage with Fairs and Bairs and they become dead. It's very simple. Yes, no creativity there, but it is extremely effective. If you don't prefer to WoP, then you can juggle with Uair. Despite Jiggly's aerial attacks, she definitely has the best aerial maneuvorability. Her OverB+her jumps can lift her back to the stage from most situations. She survives from spikes and metoeors easily and is pretty hard to edgeguard. If she lands an OverB on you when you try to jump out and kill her while she's off the stage, you'll be sent behind her and probably Bair'd to death.

Peach - Peach's Ground float gives her a huge amount of possibility in terms of aerial assault. Her edgeguarding is extremely hard to get past if the player knows what they're doing. All of her aerials have great priority, making this a bit harder for her opponent. Peach can ground float just above the edge and land a Dair on her opponent, lifting them closer to her, into an instant Nair, sending off into the abyss. Otherwise, she can float off the stage to greet her opponent with a nice Fair slap to the face, a Bair, or an Nair. Uair can also be used for juggling. You can even mix her aerials up with Double Jump Canceling.

Marth - Marth's range gives him many possibilities for aerial assault. First of all, there is the simple yet effective Ken Combo. Fair > Spike = Death (unless vs Jiggly). Marth's Fair (if tipped) and Uair are both effective launchers. From there he can combo with Fair off the stage into an Nair or a spike or another Fair, or he can juggle with his Uair. Fair > Nair is also a quite effective combo to get your opponent off the stage. One thing I've seen Kizzu and a few others do is jump off the stage, Bair (which turns you around), then use that extra distance to jump again into another Bair. I've gotten some nice kills myself with that. Marth is extremely dangerous while hanging from the ledge. He can use the drop Bair, he can ledgehop Bair, or he can ledgehop Spike, all of which are extremely deadly.

Sheik - Sheik's best killing move is most likely to be her Fair. Her Fair sends her opponent away and downwards at the same time, possibly more effective then a spike at the right percentage. Her Dair can be effectively used as a launcher into a killing Uair, juggling with Uairs, or a killing Fair. From the edge, Sheik can drop>walljump>Fair, ledgehop Bair, drop Nair, or ledgehop Nair, all of which, like Marth, are almost guaranteed to kill the opponent. Sheik's Uair will kill any floaty at the right percent. Keeping your opponent in the air with such ease is an invaluable tactic, especially when you have that Fair slap in your arsenal. Sheik's Bair can be used in a number of ways. Obviously it is extremely useful in edgeguarding. It can be used variably and has a good range.

Any questions?

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
If anything Ganon would be way better than Falcon in the air because his weight is lessend after the warlock kick in the air and very powerful dair and fair and uair

Top Bottom