• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Because the mods will not approve of stronger language, I'll tell you that I'm quite

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Link to original post: [drupal=889]Because the mods will not approve of stronger language, I'll tell you that I'm quite irked right now[/drupal]

I started battling this guy online (without lag. yes, it's possible) and he really said something that really got under my skin.
He told me to stop using Olimar, one of my mains, and started telling me how I was playing him "wrong", and how his friend who doesn't own Brawl can play him better.
K, now I'm open to suggestions. I will take criticism, and I know I don't play Olimar standard or perfect, but telling me to drop him really angered me, epecially since I WON THE MATCH!!! He blamed it on his inablitiy to fight Olimar. Sure, the phrase, "no johns" must be foreign to him. And it just angered me further how his friend could play him better, cause frankly, he lost to either him or me, so where's the proof he's better? Maybe I'm playing Olimar "right."
Then he goes on to criticize my Falco, which I know needs work, but by that point, I was too irked to care. Honestly, somebody who tells you to drop a main, especially after losing to said main, really has some sort of issues.
And then, this other guy I know takes his side, saying, "If you don't know how to play them right then there is no point in playing as him <.<." Once again, no proof of anything. IS THIS NOT A GAME!?
Yes, I'm overreacting some, but if tha special someone (you know who you are) is reading this, let me tell you, you really need to... dang, can't use those words here either...

Mith_

Smash Champion
wow that guy fails lol. i see if he owned you and told you how to play correctly if you werent playing him correctly (I've had to do this before) but telling somebody to drop a main is just plain ******** and shows that you yourself have problems.

Cinder

Smash Master
Wow...I just wanna say...that's...pretty pathetic...I mean, who is he to judge if someone's using a character the "right" way? I mean, different people who use the same character use them in different ways, and all of them do well...there really is no "set" or "right" way to play a character...and I hate to admit it, but this even applies to Brawl to an extent...

And is this guy a member here? Yay, I hope he replies ^^; *needs a head to bite off*

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Says the guy on a video game forum.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
There are very ignorant people out there. Just ignore him, I would say. His opinion doesn't matter.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
He just wants an excuse. That is probably cyber bullying.
Don't you know there is no cyber-bullying on the Smashboards? If someone told me to do that, I'd report them to the staffs...like seriously.

please get the referance -.-

Buy yeah, just don't listen and beat him with no Pikmin Olimar. That should do it.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Watch it NAKEDeDeDe, you are offending this thread and that is grounds for me to report you to the staffs!

MaxFire, ye shall never be forgotten.

Denzi

Smash Master
I get comments like that from either:
a.) n00bs when I edgeguard/hog them, or
b.) When I chaingrab people who've never seen it before.
(and sometimes when I Kirby/Ganon/Bowsercide :))

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Know who you should've dropped? Him. Drop him and just go on to another opponent. Maybe one with a little more class.
He'ss the best Peach player I know, so I gotta keep training against him.
But I've had people ask me before the match not to Bowsercide. Pretty sad.

arch knight

Smash Lord
if you get people like that theres only one LOGICAL thing to do

KICK THERE BUTTS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND MAYBE EVEN A THIRD TIME TILL THEY FINALLY LEARN they have failed

problem solved ;)

LSDX

Wah!
That is really the time where you have to have them tell you what "is" the right way to play a character. It's more of a mindgame in a sense; irk them until they finally contridict themselves in a manner in which they pretty much have no sloid proof to validate their point.

For example: this player says to you that you do not play Olimar right and whatnot. In retaliation to this comment, you should reverse the situation by asking them what is the right manner in which to play said character. Keep the advance on with the questions until they pretty much fail in their responses, forcing them to either A). Refrain and take back said comments, or B). Give up and leave.

I know I went out of proportions and a bit too overdetailed with the specs, but I am just trying to convey a method in which you or anyone can handle a situation such as this.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you get people like that theres only one LOGICAL thing to do

KICK THERE BUTTS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND MAYBE EVEN A THIRD TIME TILL THEY FINALLY LEARN they have failed

problem solved ;)
this right here.

just keeping beating on him till he takes it back.

He'ss the best Peach player I know, so I gotta keep training against him.
But I've had people ask me before the match not to Bowsercide. Pretty sad.
wait a minute, the last i heard, peach basically counters oli, if he lost that match with matchup experience from whoever else he plays, than he has no grounds to speak from.

what a scrubmuffin

SothE700k

Smash Lord
da KID, I just looked it up on the Peach boards. Its 70-30 Peach's favor over Olimar (just confirming)

Uhh...dude, if you're beating his PEACH with your OLIMAR, I don't think he's the best Peach player out there :laugh:
You're better off fighting someone else then, plus someone who won't be a jerk.

Denzi

Smash Master
Uhh...dude, if you're beating his PEACH with your OLIMAR, I don't think he's the best Peach player out there :laugh:
You're better off fighting someone else then, plus someone who won't be a jerk.
He did say best Peach player he knew though.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You fail for getting so riled up over some random internet guy's insult.
You fail because random internet people can be very annoying, and you don't understand that.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Did he give actual reasons or examples of how you were using Olimar "incorrectly"? Did he give any examples of the "right" way? Sounds like he's just a bit of a sore loser.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Did he give actual reasons or examples of how you were using Olimar "incorrectly"? Did he give any examples of the "right" way? Sounds like he's just a bit of a sore loser.
Told me how his friend plays better with grab/pikmin toss "combos" and how me running around tossing pikmin to build up damage isn't the right way to go. Nobody said I was a conventional Oli, but...

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Told me how his friend plays better with grab/pikmin toss "combos" and how me running around tossing pikmin to build up damage isn't the right way to go. Nobody said I was a conventional Oli, but...
Maybe he should get better at swatting the Pikmin or avoiding them. He's a Peach main right? Turnip spam and glde tossing > Pikmin throw's range no? Tell him to learn how to space and how to play Peach. Also tell him to "GET SOME NUTS!! AARGH" Go Mr. T

Top Bottom