• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bdacus

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
If what DEHF said is true (and I assume it is) then it also works on those chars :
Fox, Shiek, Ganon, Squirtle (natural air release ?), Link (slight charging like for Falcon).

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Ahem.

Brawl has a 10-frame buffer window and moves at 60 fps. This means you have 1/6th of a second before your animation finishes to input control stick to the side, let it return to neutral, then when it's returned (or while it's returning), C-Stick up twice.

Yes, you have to let the control stick return to neutral before the FIRST C-stick. The idea here is you want to input a dash attack, then an upsmash, during 1/6th of a second. If you hit control stick and c-stick at the same time, the game reads running upsmash. You have to input the first c-stick while the control stick is returning (or has already returned) to a neutral position. The second c-stick inputs the upsmash.

If you're trying to learn BDACUS, I recommend first analyzing the timing for the move you want to BDACUS after. For those of you still learning, I recommend Dthrow.

To start, try buffering a dash attack using these controls with Dthrow. Perform your Dthrow, then, roughly around when Falco shoots his very last laser downwards, input control stick to the side, return to neutral, c-stick up. If you UpSmash, you inputted the Dash too soon, or you didn't allow the control stick to return to neutral. If you sliding UpSmash, you inputted Attack too late. Once you can consistently do an instant Dash Attack out of Dthrow, move on to BDACUS. All you're doing is adding a C-stick up after the first two motions.

While practicing BDACUS, if you...

UpSmash - You are performing the Dash, and probably the first C-stick, too soon or too close together.

Sliding UpSmash, but not very far - You have the motions perfectly, but are not inputting them fast enough.

Dash Attack - You have the motions properly but are not inputting them NEARLY fast enough. Specifically, the second C-Stick is coming out too late to cancel the Dash Attack.

Laser - Something's wrong with you.

*vanishes again for another few months*

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wow way to dash my hopes of being a pro.

Also another writeup that allows you to live up to your name.

And tbh, a lot of you should be able to buffer the forward input during the last laser merely from learning the CG perfectly.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
If what DEHF said is true (and I assume it is) then it also works on those chars :
Fox, Shiek, Ganon, Squirtle (natural air release ?), Link (slight charging like for Falcon).
It doesn't work on Fox, he falls way too fast and Sheik probably does too. It'll probably work on Ganon and Squirtle.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I've also heard from a reliable source before (I forget who, but it may have been Ankoku) that you can't buffer anything out of a grab release, therefore you can't bDACUS out of a grab release,
I'm 99.9% positive that you/your source is wrong here. The only way sheik can grab release up smash tipper MK is with a buffered DACUS. We've been doing a BDACUS the whole time and didn't know it was anything special >.>

swordsaint

Smash Master
I think you guys are confusing something here. Buffering a DACUS, and the BDACUS. It seems to me, what we're talking about here from grab releases, is just a normal DACUS.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Yes, you can BDACUS out of Grab Release. However, Falco can't force an air release on anyone without a slope, so it's useless when at most percents Dthrow to BDACUS is amazing anyway.

Ozz- I haven't had long to think about it, but I see no reason why, for Falco, BDACUS wouldn't replace the standard DACUS entirely. It's better, faster, and goes further without making spacing a problem. Yes, it has to be out of a previous animation, but that's when we used normal DACUS anyway.

Doing BDACUS just randomly out of something like a get-up animation is awesome. It shouldn't be overlooked as just a surprise move, rather than strictly as a follow-up for Lasers or Dthrow. Online just now I used it after getting up from the ledge and the guy had no idea what had even happened.

I'd just like to give my theory on BDACUS for a second in hopes this will allow everyone to understand it a little bit more. BDACUS, from my understanding, is just a DACUS cancelled perfectly. That is, the fastest you can cancel a Dash Attack into an Upsmash is, theoretically, two frames. One for the dash attack, one for the UpSmash.
Since this is buffered, it reduces that time space to one frame. The game literally does a dash attack and cancels it into an upsmash on the same frame. This would clearly not be possible without the buffer system, since the game can't read a sideways input and an upwards input at the same time. This results in a buffered DACUS receiving properties similar to, but slightly different from the normal DACUS.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i find bdacus considerably easier if you position your thumb on the cstick sidewards. difficult to preform under pressure though. and if you catch someone trying to di away from dthrow, it's totally broken.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I've also heard from a reliable source before (I forget who, but it may have been Ankoku) that you can't buffer anything out of a grab release...
Well it's true if you the one being grab released.
But if you're the one grab releasing you can buffer like you would with every other move.

It doesn't work on Fox, he falls way too fast and Sheik probably does too. It'll probably work on Ganon and Squirtle.
Ganon and Squirtle have the same GR distance as Falco, so yeah it must work.

It may be interesting to test on Ike, Sonic and ZSS since their GR distance is quite similar to Diddy's (juste a bit higher).

Sorry that all this is just theory, but I'm really bad at Bdacus :/

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
If it works on Snake and DDD, then it'll most likely on about 1/3 of cast.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I can BDacus from time to time but I'm not consistent yet with it.

Awesome find, but isn't it hard to predict when the other will be air released? Because the BDacus takes some precise buffering.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I can do it nearly all the time now but I have no one good to play against loool but my Falco is mad legit anyway.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
People need to BDACUS out of spot dodge spamming.

It sorta kinda works and is really safe.

:razz:

Edit: PureAwesome, comeback! I have a snugly chair in the FBR for you!

clowsui

Smash Legend
this reminds me of plinking from street fighter 4 haha, makes commands easier to buffer by 1 frame

hope you stay, pure

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wolf probably also, and squirtle.
also possibly possible:
bowser, link, ganon, zss, charizard, ike, sonic, pikachu, lucas
...cough.

Also, on game mechanics, the game can't read an attack 1 frame within another attack input. This is also why Diddy's DACUS only works while buffered, you have 2 frames to cancel it.
This is how the game works:
Frame 1: Attack
Frame 2: Game won't accept another attack input
Frame 3: Earliest next attack input

Note that an usmash counts as an attack. This is why it only works when buffered for diddy. This is diddy's desired input:
Frame 1: DAttack
Frame 2: Usmash
But, as we seen before, Frame 2 won't allow the usmash input, so it won't work.

There is also no reason for us not to land with a silent laser every time possible or SHDL/SHL with only silent lasers except DIFFICULTY. This is also the case for bdacus. That's why it won't ever fully replace the normal dacus.

Really guys, this is just basic game knowledge.

FotuRAN

Smash Apprentice
I think that in smashboards don't know the best form to do Bdacus, I posted that in smashbrosspain some time ago.
First, Bdacus can be do with any attack (if anyone have doubts xD)
With dodge as example, I do buffered dash attack in middle of dodge(in the last 10 frames) with down or up cstick, then I move joystick to up (90º is neutral position for buffer and when the dodge has finished, buffered dash attack runs), after that when the dodge has finished I press attack, In my case I have attack in R , because get the timing and charge the bdacus is easier.
At first, this form to do Bdacus is more difficult than spam upC-stick, but you can charge better and can master this method.

Scheme:
(joystick[5 is neutral position])
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

[.........................Dodge......................]
.........................(6, down/upCstick, 9, 8) A/R
.........................(.....buffer 10 frames....)

Sorry if my english sucks D:

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
This might sound really stupid but can you buffer out of hitstun? IE: BDACUS after getting hit by a projectile

Acedude55

Smash Ace
you can buffer out of anything ever, ozz. So you more than likely can.

Also this set up won't automatically happen unless your opponent presses jump to escape the grab (iirc)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
pretty sure this doesnt work unless they di away, btw. but if they di up, you can follow up against most characters pretty easily. so its kinda like a guess for profit, i suppose.

although it should always work at low percents, though.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You're a 100% correct, shmot.
Thing with dthrow is that their options are severly limited in the situation, so much that you get a techchase or regrab depending on their reaction.
I don't want to go off-topic, but w/e, I will.
As soon as you hit your opponent with dthrow, they have 2 basic options, Di up and Di away (behind and downwards have similar properties to the 2, see my very old laserlock throwing thread)
Both have similar results, but Di up helps as you don't have to run. This allows you to catch airdodges with smashes.
Anyway, you dthrow and depending on their DI you stay under them they have 3 options:
  1. Airdodge
    This one is simple, you just wait (possibly in shield to be sure) and regrab, if you run out of stage this has extra profit as you can pivot grab and dthrow back to the other side again ^^ Problem is that characters with high mobility won't allow for a regrab here, thus you can only dash attack / shielddrop bdacus (I did the last one once, so legit (<3 tommy))
  2. Attack
    This one is quite telegraphed for a few characters but less so for others. Let's take for example Marth, who attacks with fair mostly. Fair can easily be powershielded and they can't fastfall in the situation on time, thus you shieldgrab. They can also nair, but the shield timing is the same or you can just spotdodge the second hit on reaction and grab. But take wario and it's pretty different (not saying wario should attack lol), he can fair, uair, nair and dair. You can't ps that **** and it's relatively safe, so doing this one right is harder than others.
  3. Jump
    Predict it and dair, techchase ftw.
  4. Special Attack (grab, moving attack)
    This one is specific, but I don't know anything about special attacks in relation to hitstun. In terms of DI, you shouldn't immediatly use a special as it comes out later, but marth's upb breaks the chaingrab. It's confusing for me, for sure. In either way, this one differs per matchup, know your opponents moveset and you'll be fine
If I know my opponent and he's not like wario I can basicly chaingrab opponents out of stage if I get a dthrow, even out of CG percentages.

LOL OFFTOPIC WALL OF TEXTS D;

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
This always happens to me as ness D:
and lucas occasionaly
And it works on heavy characters.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
i recently won a match by reflector then bdacus cause the reflector knocked em to the ground then bdacus came out just in time just predicting off the first thought in you opponents head is to roll away or roll forward for a free smash attack but then a foot to the bottom lip FTW bdacus has range times 2 of regular dacus which if used for a unexpected killer like Dash Dance 3 or 4 times then bdacus not only do u get range you get an good mix up in your game play.

Loaf of Bread

Smash Rookie
down throw to bdacus only works at higher percents and if the opponent is DIing away from you.

swordsaint

Smash Master
'm saying this hoping BluB will see it, but other people should take BluB's advice.

I've been playing around with the Bdacus for the past hour or so, and while it's hard to do. It's not so hard as to not be able to be mastered like some people are whining about. I have a few things to say on BDacus too.

I've been wondering if BDacus would be viable out of Ftilt? It seems like a good angled set up anyway.

BDacus out of SH/D/L is easy. You have control over when you land, (no lag when you touch the ground) so you have control over where your 10 frames of buffering are. It's easier than people think.

The BIGGEST problem people will be having with BDacus is NOT the input, but rather when the 10 buffer frames start, and where they end. With practice that will come, but we could all learn faster if we knew where our buffer frames started on noteworthy attacks. (Dthrow, ftilt, lasers)

I have a strong feeling that at mid percents where we have nothing to follow up an nair with, BDacus will combo. Unless they're too high, but they're definately within horizontal range.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
For the f-tilt part, yes. It's basically viable after every single move. I haven't tried using it yet but I can imagine that f-tilt to charged bdacus would be really useful at high percenteges.

For learning it I recommend going to training mode and just trying. If you got the right timing just practise a bit. Seriously I could do it almost constantly like 20 minutes after I knew about the inputs. So learning the BDacus is really easy. You'll also get a feeling for doing it after a while.

If anyone bothers I want to point out a few useful experiences that I made with the BDacus.
First of all if your opponent is at high percentages and you go for the down throw. There are basically only a few options he can do. Di down and air dodge or jump/attack. Let's say they di down and try to jump/attack. Just use the bdacus then without charging because it will hit before they can do anything except air dodge. But if they air dodge you can just charge the Bdacus. So I recommend using the uncharged bdacus after down throw first to see how your opponent reacts to it. You most likely can't get punished for it.
Another option is, they will start to di up. Then you can immidiately full jump uair, if they air dodge we most likely get a free hit afterwards. If not, they get hit by the uair.

So basically just try with the uncharged bdacus first to see how they react and afterwards adapt to their reactions.
Furthermore this technique is kinda new and I almost see no one using the bdacus.. but it's so **** useful. Another option for getting the kill, so there are basically no reasons for not learning it.

And for the most important thing is that you shouldn't start spamming the bdacus for getting the kill. You have to be smart and find openings where it's useful to use, but that just comes with time.

Denzi

Smash Master
I must be the only one who can't do it =/

Is the timing on the C-ups comparable at all to MK's IDC?

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
I must be the only one who can't do it =/

Is the timing on the C-ups comparable at all to MK's IDC?
Pick a move you want to learn to a do BDACUS after.

Do that move, then with your intuition, guess when the last 10 frames of the move start. At that point, input BDACUS. If nothing happened, change the timing for the input. Keep trying until you get it once, then recreate it. After you do it consistently, you've mastered it for that move. Pretty much it just sounds like you're not sure where the 10 frame window is.

Practice^2

swordsaint

Smash Master
Ahem.

Brawl has a 10-frame buffer window and moves at 60 fps. This means you have 1/6th of a second before your animation finishes to input control stick to the side, let it return to neutral, then when it's returned (or while it's returning), C-Stick up twice.

Yes, you have to let the control stick return to neutral before the FIRST C-stick. The idea here is you want to input a dash attack, then an upsmash, during 1/6th of a second. If you hit control stick and c-stick at the same time, the game reads running upsmash. You have to input the first c-stick while the control stick is returning (or has already returned) to a neutral position. The second c-stick inputs the upsmash.

If you're trying to learn BDACUS, I recommend first analyzing the timing for the move you want to BDACUS after. For those of you still learning, I recommend Dthrow.

To start, try buffering a dash attack using these controls with Dthrow. Perform your Dthrow, then, roughly around when Falco shoots his very last laser downwards, input control stick to the side, return to neutral, c-stick up. If you UpSmash, you inputted the Dash too soon, or you didn't allow the control stick to return to neutral. If you sliding UpSmash, you inputted Attack too late. Once you can consistently do an instant Dash Attack out of Dthrow, move on to BDACUS. All you're doing is adding a C-stick up after the first two motions.

While practicing BDACUS, if you...

UpSmash - You are performing the Dash, and probably the first C-stick, too soon or too close together.

Sliding UpSmash, but not very far - You have the motions perfectly, but are not inputting them fast enough.

Dash Attack - You have the motions properly but are not inputting them NEARLY fast enough. Specifically, the second C-Stick is coming out too late to cancel the Dash Attack.

*vanishes again for another few months*
I feel like this quote deserves to be read again by those who are having trouble. It will help you a lot.

Denzi

Smash Master
I've read it several times. I know I'm buffering the dash attack right, I just want an idea of how fast I have to move my fingers (slow hands =/).

swordsaint

Smash Master
control stick needs to be reset to neutral before up csticking

how quick the up smashes needed to be inputted would be good question

you have a 10 frame window, a 6th of a second for the whole thing, so i imagine fairly quick.

Top Bottom