• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC: SSBB PR - updated: Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

breez

Smash Ace
You think you'll be able to counter ALL of my characters? I'll take that as a challenge! ;D

Also, besides having way more fun playing as a bunch of different characters as opposed to just one or two, it makes it easier for me to drastically change my playing style mid-match, either by switching characters or simply just utilizing a different strategy with the same character, keeping me more on the unpredictable side and make it easier to take people off-guard, a useful ability considering that I may not know my character as well as my opponent knows theirs. As well, by practicing with characters I don't really know how to play as, I'm forced to mainly rely on things like predictions and mindgames, rather than character-specific strategies I wouldn't know about, which transfers over to characters that I do know how to play as.

Of course this is all just BS I pulled out of my *** just now, I just really like playing lots of characters is all 8D

EDIT:

:050:
Awesome - it's just people like you are such an anomoly that I am interested on how you progress your metagame and such.

I am excited to play some more :D

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You think you'll be able to counter ALL of my characters? I'll take that as a challenge! ;D

Also, besides having way more fun playing as a bunch of different characters as opposed to just one or two, it makes it easier for me to drastically change my playing style mid-match, either by switching characters or simply just utilizing a different strategy with the same character, keeping me more on the unpredictable side and make it easier to take people off-guard, a useful ability considering that I may not know my character as well as my opponent knows theirs. As well, by practicing with characters I don't really know how to play as, I'm forced to mainly rely on things like predictions and mindgames, rather than character-specific strategies I wouldn't know about, which transfers over to characters that I do know how to play as.
This^

Maining Random/Smarties was the best thing I could've done for my Brawl playing.

I get bored of the game if I play the same character lots because it's too simple for me. But I have LOTS of fun being plenty of characters and whoever I feel like at the time. It's also a game that's heavily based on match ups and that alone can get lacking abilitied players wins. So that solves several problems right there.

Something like "drastically changing your style of play mid-match" isn't something that should only happen from playing a variety of characters. This 'skill' is something that every high level player can do, regardless of what character/how many they use. Eventually this will come to everyone who gets good enough but being many characters makes this process quicker and efficient.

Playing many characters also broadens your options so if you want to find someone else to take serously, you know what you should be looking for.

This could be why bundtcake does so well. So far I heard a few people say Van has a shortage of people who play more than a few characters. You can learn something from everyone if you really pay attention to how they do well. ;)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
AlbertaJack

come to that next big brawl tourney here whatever it's called in abbotsford or whatever k?

No sleeping through zhe partehz this time
<3

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Ooh, sounds like fun :D Haven't played a good Sonic since I played Umby on wifi, and it'll be nice to see how you and Superboom stack up to us because you guys both play the same characters as some of our top-ranked players :]

But before that, aren't you guys heading to TP4?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I've never heard of it... and won't hear about it and won't go to it even if I'm there when it's happening
>_> <_< >_>

I was never here

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Yup, there's a tourney in BC coming up in March and it's only a trip across Canada! (In other words maybe you should check some Ontario threads instead of BC threads)

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
So no one really contacted me and I got busy So I'M JUST GONNA MAKE UP A PR BY MYSHIF!

It will contain zero weeds, as I do not smoke or farm, or main peach.

I've been thinking on what James said about picking up random, but it's SOOOOO MUCH WORK urgh.

i'll be working on individual charcters over ze holidayyys then i suppose.

Also, I can tag myself however I (Beaver holding? CENSORSHIP) well please!

breez

Smash Ace
So no one really contacted me and I got busy So I'M JUST GONNA MAKE UP A PR BY MYSHIF!

I've been thinking on what James said about picking up random, but it's SOOOOO MUCH WORK urgh.

i'll be working on individual charcters over ze holidayyys then i suppose.

Jordan and I have loosely discussed power ranking - get in contact with either of us for our thoughts.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
1/2 Breez/Cake
1/2 Breez/Cake
3 Firefly
4 LFL
5 Asa
6 Icon
7 Fahza
8 Marklar
9 Josh
10 Dead

thats my pr list ive talked with bundtcake and he more or less agrees with it

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I love how the top 2 positions are still undecided. =3

I still think we should wait until Komodo in January to finalise the list. Mainly to place breez and bundt and to gain perspective on where Fahza and other OK people should go.

:005:

breez

Smash Ace
I love how the top 2 positions are still undecided. =3

I still think we should wait until Komodo in January to finalise the list. Mainly to place breez and bundt and to gain perspective on where Fahza and other OK people should go.

I pretty much agree with this. We can definitely have a more finalized version in january. Otherwise I have to agree with LFL's list.

I suppose I can't really argue for any changes - we just need to get out an have more tournies! All I can say is that I am going to crush overture, and then pwn up any other brawl singles from then on ;)

ikool

Smash Apprentice
1/2 Breez/Cake
1/2 Breez/Cake
3 Firefly
4 LFL
5 Asa
6 Icon
7 Fahza
8 Marklar
9 Josh
10 Dead

thats my pr list ive talked with bundtcake and he more or less agrees with it
Coming January, I will have my name on that list. I will make sure of it.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I approve of the update
:)
Undefeated means the ONLY one worthy of PR.

:(
You will be Fazha on this PR and in the Okanagan.

Coming January, I will have my name on that list. I will make sure of it.
GOOD :bee:

Jake I am curious, how does breez/cake stack up to AB?
GOOD :psycho:

GET YO SHE ITS TOGETHA
roughly 2/3 to 3/4 of a month until update! GOGOGOOGOGOG

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Jake I am curious, how does breez/cake stack up to AB?
Listen to bundt. =3 Really though, I don't think I'll really be able to answer that until after Sou Kawaii. I'm sure they'd be PRed in AB, and I think they'd make top 5, but it's possible I may have improved a lot or gotten a lot worse since August. =S

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well I won't be going to any BC tournament anytime soon unless it's big enough. Jake, there are a few more good players (MK's/snake's) I don't think you'll do as well as you did when you lived here. The honest truth coming from me, no disrespect of course, but after all you are a yoshi main :p.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
IDK...I've gotten some MK experience, and a LOT of good Snake experience from breez over here. I'm definitely a lot more familiar in those match-ups than I was back in August. So, we'll see.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Wait... there's a brawl scene in BC outside of Vancouver Island? I thought everyone went to melee except some of us :p

As for the rankings, I think you have #3 and #4 mixed up. TAOKAKA FTW!!!! :p lol too funny :p

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
We started existing in like, November. A bunch of us met up at Overture, and we started hosting smashfests and things. And now, we're getting Okanagan out for larger tourneys. Bring Vancouver island!

Ebby56

Smash Cadet
So I'm going home for the holidays, all interested in wifi, say so.

As for world class, I dunno, I'm actually going to learn to jab cancel and autocancel Ike's aerials, maybe that'll make me world class or sumthin. That and I have to stop losing concentration after I lose a game :p

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
Merry Christmas everyone! :D

I've started playing Brawl again, since until September I'm going to have way too much free time and I'd love to make a trip into anywhere on Vancouver Island/Vancouver area if a tournament comes up.

After September I'll probably living in Victoria at Uvic, and I may or may not find a community of people there but in the meantime if anything comes up I'm interested. :)

breez

Smash Ace
Hey everyone - lets hype the PR thread. With the upcoming tournies the BC, the BC brawl scene is really starting to take off!

I've started traing my MK hard. I only have ~1000 practice kills so far, but I have been lent a Wii (so I will actually be able to practice!). My MK has improved tremendously since the last overture, as you can ask my friends. I think with another 2 weeks of practice while im living in Van I will put up a great fight against Bryan next tournie :)

Hype hype!

LFL

Smash Journeyman
So...is this getting updated after the tournament ion Jan 16?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom