• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC plays MELEE - no Brawl allowed - May 15/16, 2010 - Burnaby+Vancouver, BC, Canada

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
cause its one of the main games I play, I main C Akiha Vermillion and I won the last UK tournament heh. Been playing melty blood for 3 years (act cadenza and actress again)

I also play these competitively - MvC2, SSF2T, Akatsuki Blitzkampf, All 3 smash games

Been using arcade stick for 4 years, I got a modded VSHG with a Madcats Arcade 360 pcb and PS1 PCB Dual Mod
Can't stand playing pad XD

Halo 3 (sometimes).. >_>

And did you go to NEC? do you know Team Sp00ky? :o
looks like you're pretty competent in MBAA. I don't travel much outside of BC, and afaik, melty blood in BC is close to non existent. yeah, i tend to follow sp00ky (my vsion inspiration) and other melty blood stuff. though i'm still playing MBAC cause i have no way to play mbaa.

maybe if you come here, you can show me some crescent viha, cause i heard she was pretty ****

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Haha ouch, but I'm even better at mbac than mbaa haha cause v akiha is even more disgusting in that :p sure man might do sometime :D or we can play at the tourney..but no stick sucks ;_; I can play a really good mech hisui and nero too XD won a european melty tourney aaaages ago with mech hisui which was funny, the level of play was so bad then

Meta told me its about a 3 hour drive to BC from SEA

10th/11th May -18th/19th/27th May
£387.77 ($620)

other days are about £420 ($672)

£300 to IAD/DCA but I guess that's far? Washington Dulles and Washington National

NoobKing, Blunted Object, Dynamism and Igcoris have offered to pitch in towards my flightl.. I 100% want to go :) prob gonna book in the next few days. If anyone else offers then cool, would highly appreciate it cause I'm still spending a hell of a lot to get there + expenses. I could maybe somehow make up for the payments by cooking for people or something sometime? The exchange rate is crap maybe it's a bad idea to use paypal so its prob better to get the money when I'm there

It'll be my first tournament outside of Europe and looking forward to actually seeing how people play out there, I've been watching vids and playing since 2006 :D been to a good bunch of european tournaments and played a few random Americans lol. Undefeated in UK too, even with falcon (totally manly)
I'll bring my legit pal skillz over to Canada <3

Igcoris

Smash Journeyman
I use a ps3 controller anyhow. At least you have a melty blood scene in europe =(

but yeah, mbac viha's corner loop and extreme offense in mbac is so good. i use aoko myself, but i only know basic orb pressure/blockstrings/combos.

hopefully something fortunate comes you're way so you can come over. my friend and i only play melty blood casually, so it's nice to see actual good play up front, haha.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'll chip in some too, not sure how much but probably 20ish or so. I'd like to help lots of OOS a little bit though, so can't spoil just a few with lots. LOL

IT'S THE BOOBIE LADY!!!
Taokaka from Blazblue

That's as far as my fighting game knowledge takes me. >_>

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
haha taokaka, I'm not too much of a fan of blazblue cause its pretty unbalanced for a game they say is "balanced" rofl

I play Carl in blazblue but I never really bothered to keep playing it :( Thanks Dynamism

OFC I'll play you a lot on 64 boomfan :D I used to have fun games against you a long time ago lol

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I might stay a little longer if fuzzy goes
Superboom edgeguard! Just like in 64...
haha taokaka, I'm not too much of a fan of blazblue cause its pretty unbalanced for a game they say is "balanced" rofl

I play Carl in blazblue but I never really bothered to keep playing it :( Thanks Dynamism

OFC I'll play you a lot on 64 boomfan :D I used to have fun games against you a long time ago lol
I don't play the game, just know that she says that lol

GGaccent core or w/e it's called I tampered with a tad. Kind of got some mix ups and speed concepts down with Jam and Millia but it's been a while. :\

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
heh :p anyone else still helping out? I'll prob book on wednesday night if everythings ok with uni too

also wanna team for this noobking? double falcon! ****

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
For people thinking of going to Seattle and then coming up to BC, remember that you can also use Greyhound. It's about $40 for a round trip if you book 21 days in advance I believe (book on the US site, not the Canadian one).

Also, don't book $1000 tickets and come disappointed because everyone flaked :p Confirmed list is really low right now.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
well.. I would rather go to something in the summer cause it wont interrupt my uni studies, but I'm still mad keen on going to this. Isn't there any big tournaments happening in the US during the summer?

Patooty

Smash Ace
Yo fuzzyness. Dunno what airport you're coming from so I couldn't look it up myself, but try punching in YXX and see what kinda prices you get. I'll pick you up from there.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Is this site legit? £408

http://www.airtransat.co.uk/en/index.aspx

Sat 08 May 2010 11:50 Sat 08 May 2010 14:05 Thomas Cook Airlines TCX 52K Non-Stop Airbus A330

Return flight from Vancouver to London Gatwick
Sun 23 May 2010 13:40 Mon 24 May 2010 07:30 Thomas Cook Airlines TCX 91L Non-Stop Airbus A330

Total Price for booking (click to see full price details) GBP 408.00 ($652.80)

hm.. gatick also costs me an extra like £10 to get back and forward to

gonna cost me £50 more :/

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=261409&page=4 just saw this too ~_~

is it compulsary to have insurance if going to canada?

the options on insurance are

£40 - single trip
£0 - Policy to be advised
£0 - Own Policy (please enter details)

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
No, but it's a good idea and you're not covered here.

granted coming to canada isn't as bad as going to the states, going to the states without insurance is baad but canada will give you services...

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
:/ I did the booking with "Policy to be advised" for travel insurance..w/e that means

Total Price for booking (click to see full price details) GBP 408.00

London Gatwick to Vancouver
Sat 08 May 2010 11:50 Sat 08 May 2010 14:05 Thomas Cook Airlines TCX 52K Non-Stop Airbus A330

Sun 23 May 2010 13:40 Mon 24 May 2010 07:30 Thomas Cook Airlines TCX 91L Non-Stop Airbus A330

so yeah, im confirmed now

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
:/ I did the booking with "Policy to be advised" for travel insurance..w/e that means

Total Price for booking (click to see full price details) GBP 408.00

London Gatwick to Vancouver

so yeah, im confirmed now
SWEET! Charles, if you want you can just come to my place when u arrive. I will meet you or someone will pick you up when you arrive at the airport. Of course, we'll have plenty of time to work out the details as you're not arriving for well over 3 months.

Top Bottom